? for the ladies....o/t

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by LISACDVIRGIN, 28 May 2008 Social URL.

1. LISACDVIRGIN

LISACDVIRGIN Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hey all, sorry not been about very much, started new job last week and have been coming in and crashing out most nights and doing nothing! Feeling a bit better this week i guess its just coz i havent worked full time in so long and have Alex to look after now too as well!
    Anyway! back to my off topic question!
    i go on holiday in 2 weeks and unfortunately i wll have my totm. It wouldnt usually bother me however since i started CD my periods have been a lot lot heavier and have lasted a lot longer.
    I seem to remember about 5 years ago a girl i know going on holiday at the same time as her period but she went to the doctor and was able to take a tablet to suspend her period? Am i right? does this excist or hav i dreamt it?? Any answers much appreciated!!
    xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. annie_d

annie_d Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.97%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I take the contraceptive pill continuosly and so i never have a period!

4. doubledumplings

doubledumplings Silver Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    yeh hun its true my friend gets it every time she goes on holiday if its her totm.

just make an appointment at gps and explain it to them and they should give u it best do it soon though.hope that helps xx

5. jackietrew

jackietrew Will be slim!!!!!!!

Diet:
    CD - Sole Source
    yeah you can get a pill from the docs that stops it for about a month, not sure what its called though you'll have to check! my friend used it, but said her periods were even more irregular afterwards but soon got back to normal, have a gd holiday when you go xxx

6. festivalfairy

festivalfairy Finally a size 12!

I do it once and a while hun its not recommened to do it every month but i do it if im going on holiday or got a night planed with the boyf ha haha

7. festivalfairy

its microgynan i think (cant spell)

8. LISACDVIRGIN

LISACDVIRGIN Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    thanku so much! i'l make an appointment with doc asap!

i have the coil will that matter?

9. m85912

m85912 Only a few more pounds...

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    8st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(33.51%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    It's called Norethisterone. My doctor gave it to me when I had reallybad heavy bleeding last year. It acts like a contraceptive in a way. But taken under normal circumstances, it does do the job and delays any menstruation

10. festivalfairy

Not sure tbh as thats a contreceptive aint it?? Might not let you have 2 buttttttttttt id check anyway x

11. Lisa Marie

Lisa Marie Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    cd
    I was given Norethisterone by my GP last year as I was going on holiday and suffer from endometriosis whcih makes TOTM a nightmare any way I stopped taking whilst away I didn't sleep a wink for days. When I looked a t the side effects it causes insomnia.

12. jannyT

jannyT Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(13.14%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet but moving to Slim and Save
    Hi it's Norihistorone (?) My doctor gives it to me no problem. Take 3 a day and your period will stop and stay away. As soon as you stop taking it you period will return in a day or so. It's a godsend!

Jan x

13. HelenG

HelenG Member

Start Weight:
    22st3lb
    Current Weight:
    21st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Dashed good question Jeeves!
    You need to get to your GP asap as you need to start taking it in good time before you are due on I believe.

14. blue_grapefruit

blue_grapefruit Gold Member

Also, depends what type of coil you have. I got the mirena, and am too sensitive to extra hormones to have any sort of medication (other than the progesterone the mirena gives me). But, i suppose im lucky as on the mirena i dont get periods - woohoo!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.