Fraggles New Atkins diary

Or use scallions Fraggle, the y are a good substitute as well.

Ok so not the best weigh in but a couple of days ago it looked like I was going to have a gain. I think I've learnt that my weight always increases after spinning and then starts to drop again a few days after.
So I can live with a half pound loss. The story on the tape measure is much better in the last couple of weeks I've lost nearly 4 inches off my waist. I might start think about tring out some of my smaller clothes today.
I definitely need to have over 3 litres of water a day because it seems to make a huge difference.

Wow 4 inches is great - go fraggle :D

Well done Fraggle, that's impressive love

Well my order from low carb megastore came yesterday but now I'm too scared to eat any of it in case it stalls me. I'm going to try a Atkins bar that says it's ok for all phases and then see how I go.
I've found that again this week my weight has crept up a little the two days following my spin class so definitely seeing a trend there. Hopefully it's that illusive muscle I've heard so much about. I really ought to write down my measurements so I can track them properly.
Hope everyone else is having a good week so far. Xxx

Morning Fraggle

Morning Fraggle. What kind of things did you get from LCM?

Hey guys,

I got a load of the Atkins bars and some dreamfields pasta and some mash potato substitute.
I had the Chocolate Brownie bar yesterday and it smelt like chocolate, looked like chocolate but tasted somewhat like tar. This mornings Chocolate Peanut butter bar was actually very tasty though so there is hope.
I can highly recommend the Black Cherry Jello which is yummy!
Trying to not have too many of these things just in case they do stall me but I checked and I'm still heavily in ketosis so its looking hopeful.

It's probably a good idea to try and only have one bar or replacement item a day, max. I keep Atkins bars to 1 a week as they did stall me when I did this before, and I got to a point where I was having a couple of bars a day which was as bad as two choc bars a day on a normal day, really. The dreamfields stuff is lovely IMO but make sure you check the portion sizes carefully as their carb allowance is only for a very small amount. Have you tried mashed cauliflower as a mash substitute?

I'm having one a day at the moment instead of breakfast. I'll see if it stalls me.
I have cauliflower mash quite often but thought I'd give the low carb stuff a try.
Can you stall and still be in ketosis?

Rubbish! I will have to keep an eye out. I definitely stall when I don't have enough water but I'm really hoping these Atkins products will be ok just to give me a little bit of variety. I know I should try and avoid them in Induction but I have only picked the ones that say ok for all phases so I'm hoping it'll be ok.

I need help!!!

I'm going to a dive club social tonight and we are going to an Indian Restaurant. I've had a look at the menu and I think I've come up with something I can have.
I was thinking Lamb Shashlik with Saag Paneer and Bringal Bhajee.
The only thing is I don't know if I can have Paneer or if there are any other likely ingredients I need to watch out for??? Anyone have any experience doing Indian Atkins?

Ive not had indian on atkins but Saag should be ok too mmmm chicken saag. Problem with me i cant do indian without all the breads thats why ive steered clear :)

Hi there

I normally go for the tandori mix - all nice yummy meats with a veg curry sauce on the side - no rice!! Normally it's like half a chicken - so really filling!!

Maybe something really boring like a prawn cocktail for starter!!! They normally always do that in Indians !! Or chicken tikka pieces!!!

I find going out for an Indian alot easier than a Chinese !!

Maybe order a nice side salad to go with your main meal!!

Have a lovely night

Xxx

Thanks guys. In the end when we got there they decided because there were so many of us they'd bring out a selection of starters and mains - disaster or so I thought. I asked them to bring me a dish with no sauce and then when I saw all the veg dishes were potato I asked for some swag. They were very accommodating and ended up with chicken tikka and swag bhagi absolutely yummy! Can't have been more than a couple of carbs in the whole lot - very proud of myself.

Weigh in today and I've lost 2.5lbs :)

Well done and congrats :)

Darn iPhone corrected Saag to swag. I promise I was not eating cartoon stolen goods.

LOL. morning fraggle :)

Back