France anyone?

What, you mean you don't live on cigarettes and salad :eek: how very un-Parisienne of you Paris is bad for the waistline! So you've been here since 08? How come? Are you here for good? We are on Military posting, due to go back to the UK in August this year. I'm in the 16th between Trocadero and La Muette where abouts are you? Excuse the questions i'm not a mad stalker I promise ha ha :p

Today is going ok although Hubby has just been promoted so I am having a wine (just one i promise) I've had no syns today so I should be ok (fingers crossed)

xx

Definitely bad for the waistline!
I came over for Uni, got married to a Frenchie when I finished my degree, found a job and so decided to stay! Time really does fly though, I can't believe i've been here for 5 years already!

I live near to Bois de Vincennes in the sleepy 12th. Not the most chic part of Paris but great for a Sunday stroll!

Very nice area where you are, and so close to the new M&S! Jealous!!

You'll have to let me know how you get on!
Have a lovely evening and enjoy the wine!
X

Right you two honorary Parisiennes!!! Not sw related but am hoping to book a few nights for myself and hubby in September. Would like something pretty centralish - where should I aim for thats a decent area?

Hi Jen,

Depends on your budget I suppose.

If the budget is you don't have a budget then it would be amazing to stay in the 1st, 7th or 8th arrondissement (he home of the rich and the most amazing sights)

If you have a medium budget then head for the 10th or the 11th, quite cool, boho, quite busy, central and reasonably priced

If the budget is tight then the 12th and the 20th are nice options, a bit less central but easily accessible and have a nice vibe

My main advice if you don't know Paris would be to stay clear of the 18th and 19th arrondissements. There are some nice parts but there are also lots of dodgy parts!

The 16th and 17th aren't too bad either, quite residential and quiet though

If you need anymore info let me know!

x

Jeanette
Pretty much what Miss Sophie said, Paris is easy to get around using public transport so even if you don't have the money to stay central then you won't miss out. I would consider what sort of Holiday you are after also, if you want nightlife I would advise you to avoid the 16th LOL, it's all very sophisticated and quiet :) Feel free to ask any specifics!

Miss Sophie
As it happens M&S is on my to do list for tomorrow, mmmmm, bacon :) Are you near Bois de Vincennes? We love it over there. As for how last week went... it was an epic failure ha ha, but this week I have started the Insanity workout and OMG I can confirm that it is actually insane. I will keep you informed, let me know how it goes for you.
Vicky xx

Jeanette
Miss Sophie
As it happens M&S is on my to do list for tomorrow, mmmmm, bacon :) Are you near Bois de Vincennes? We love it over there. As for how last week went... it was an epic failure ha ha, but this week I have started the Insanity workout and OMG I can confirm that it is actually insane. I will keep you informed, let me know how it goes for you.
Vicky xx

How's it going? x

Does anyone know if Taillefine yoghurts are free? They seem to have similar nutritional values to mullerlights but I'm still worried - how do they decide what is free and what is not? x

Does anyone know if Taillefine yoghurts are free? They seem to have similar nutritional values to mullerlights but I'm still worried - how do they decide what is free and what is not? x

I've always assumed they are - & treated them as such. It doesnt seem to have had an adverse effect, but of course I can't guarantee it!

Thanks Seacrest!

bumping for Patchninja

hi everyone, trying to pot here hoping for tips as I'm off to visit family for 2 weeks in France.
I really hope I won't gain too much or worse give up compltely and never get back on track

Hello :)

I am heading back to France in 2 weeks - I am towards the end of my second week on SW, I have been attending group but will be continuing on the plan when I return to France.

I'm sad about the lack of cottage cheese, hifi bars & muller lights! How do others find it?

Hello, I have been eating

the Delisse Deli'light saveur vanille 0% de matière grasse, from Leclerc

but they are discribed as " fromage frais sucré ", so I think I probably have been eating lots of syns?? Please help!! :)

Wow some activity on the French thread!

I have signed up to try and keep this thread going as I would love it if we could support each other.

I really don't think SW is that easy in France (compared to what has previously been said on the thread)

I try to bring as much stuff back with me as possible every time I go home (fry light / mug shots etc / snack a jacks)

I struggle a lot with snacking and get s bit frustrated when I read threads on here which advise you to either a) snack on 'free' foods that you can't get here or b) call on free foods that can't be gotten here as part of a recipe.

Anyway my local monoprix does Heinz Beans for 19c dearer than at home so that's good.

I treat any 0% fat yoghurt as SYN free which is probably wrong but I don't gorge on them and at 80 odd Syns for Taille Fine creme au chocolat I don't think I'm doing so bad.

I saw some spray oils in my local leader price but they were 100% oil and not like fry light - still there's hope!

France is so bad for any vegetarian stuff (I'm not a veggie but I like it) so I miss quorn or even veggie burgers etc.

Anyway it would be great if this thread lasted a bit longer....

I have now find yogourts with 0% matière grasse et 0% de sucre ajouté (sveltesse ). Last week I struggled to lose weight because I was eating the wrong yogourt !!

I have lost 7kilos in 8 weeks, very very happy! :)

Yay! So excited to have some support! I am heading back on Friday after 3 weeks at SW with my mum and it has been a great way to get me motivated to stick to it!

I've lost 3kg so far and weigh in tomorrow :)

Have any of you experimented with courgette spaghetti or cauliflower rice? I honestly think they are gonna make a huge difference to my weight loss as it means I can do SP without feeling deprived!

Yoplait Panier do 0% matière grasse 0% sucre ajouté as do another brand (activia I think)

In regards to Mugshots I saw Royco do a similar cuppa soup with noodles / spaghetti but will have to check the calorie values (I'm sure it isn't the same as mugshots as the mugshots have the fact that they are less than 1% fat marked all over them and the Royco ones don't )

What do you all do for frylight?

The Special K 60% less fat crisps are really nice and you can have 21 for either 5 or 7 Syns I can never remember.

Feeling hungry tonight and had two dinners now I fancy something sweet...must try and be good!

Back