Frances' PP Diary

Aw thank u hun. Not sure ya'd say that if I told u I had mc Donald's today lol

Good weekend hun?

Ohhh, but your allowed a naughty treat ;)

Ive had a faaaab weekend ta ...... partied, got waxed and shopped ......... shame im on nights next week tho ... Boooooooo !!!

Hope youve had fun

xx xx xx

CALORIES TO AIM FOR EACH DAY = 1892 Cals - (if I exercise over 400cals I need to add the extra to this).

BMR = 1468.7 - never eat under (leads to muscle being used for energy/starvation mode)
TDEE= 2266 - don't go above

Laura , just been reading your little bit about BMR on your signature ... so do you go off this rather than mfps goals? as i only eat 1200 cals a day ... am i being silly, should i be eating more? xxxx

CALORIES TO AIM FOR EACH DAY = 1892 Cals - (if I exercise over 400cals I need to add the extra to this).

BMR = 1468.7 - never eat under (leads to muscle being used for energy/starvation mode)
TDEE= 2266 - don't go above

Laura , just been reading your little bit about BMR on your signature ... so do you go off this rather than mfps goals? as i only eat 1200 cals a day ... am i being silly, should i be eating more? xxxx

Claire I've read through loads of the threads and more people than not are finding out their tdee, subtracting 15% and aiming for that number. Read one of the eat more to loss threads, or go to the groups and look for a eat more group. It really is amazing. MFP had me set at a much lower cal to maintain, I've upped it and more times than not i've eaten around 1800cals a day, I've maintained this week even with a wedding. Have a look through loads of the threads, it really makes you think! If you don't wanna up your cals in the settings, definately eat back some if not all your exercise cals. Loads of the threads warn that you'll prob gain at first but then start losing again. x

MrsLmc said:
Claire I've read through loads of the threads and more people than not are finding out their tdee, subtracting 15% and aiming for that number. Read one of the eat more to loss threads, or go to the groups and look for a eat more group. It really is amazing. MFP had me set at a much lower cal to maintain, I've upped it and more times than not i've eaten around 1800cals a day, I've maintained this week even with a wedding. Have a look through loads of the threads, it really makes you think! If you don't wanna up your cals in the settings, definately eat back some if not all your exercise cals. Loads of the threads warn that you'll prob gain at first but then start losing again. x

Cheers Laura ... Ile have a nosey ... I think ppl just worry that their eating too much eh? I bet you can eat loooads for 1800 eh? Wowww xxxxx

Cheers Laura ... Ile have a nosey ... I think ppl just worry that their eating too much eh? I bet you can eat loooads for 1800 eh? Wowww xxxxx

my diary is open on there Claire, take a nosy anytime, I'm not the healthiest but not too bad lol. This is a brilliant group, got most of my info there, if you post a question there about all the tdee, and where you should aim for they will help :
Eat More to Weigh Less - Free Diet and Fitness Forums and Chat | MyFitnessPal.com

Sorry Frances for taking over your thread xx

Don't be. It's educating me too :)
What's yer tdee???

TDEE = total daily energy expenditure - it is the energy you use on any given day, it takes into account your exercise so you don't have to think about eating back exercise cals.

I think I may be addicted to looking all this stuff up lol

my diary is open on there Claire, take a nosy anytime, I'm not the healthiest but not too bad lol. This is a brilliant group, got most of my info there, if you post a question there about all the tdee, and where you should aim for they will help :
Eat More to Weigh Less - Free Diet and Fitness Forums and Chat | MyFitnessPal.com

Sorry Frances for taking over your thread xx

Ohhh Laura, ive read it but i dont get it :( but it sounds really good .... i dont fancy weight training tho? and my gym is always packed with pretty boys doing weights, id have no chance .... xxx

and i noticed she said to change your goals on mfp ... so you can only have 30g of carbs in one day ?? what could i eat thats high in cals, low in carbs? maybe im just being blonde (ps sorry frances for highjacking yer thread) xxx

I think the ratios are 40% protein, 30%carbs, 30%fats. Carbs are your healthy fruits and veg, pastas, breads, rice and grains (as far as I can see), its hard to reach these targets for a while though, I'm still trying. Basically its eating a well rounded meal at each meal I THINK.

For the weight training I do some kettlebell stuff at home and then I use my body weight for the rest like push-ups, pull ups, squats, lunges and things. There really is so much learning to do isn't there. You think you know most of it till you read some of the posts.

Claire if you can't figure out what you should do, post your stats on that thread and someone will help x

Last edited:
Ya no ive never eaten avacado frances .. Hehe, is it nice?

Cheers laura ... I bet my diabetes consultant wouldn't be happy with 30g carbs a day hahaaa, id be forever going low on energy ... Its mad to think how you could limit carbs to 30g tho, esp wen thats the equivalent to two slices of medium bread.. I bet youd end up almost doing the atkins diet ... It sounds effective tho :) xxxxxxx

Ya no ive never eaten avacado frances .. Hehe, is it nice?

Cheers laura ... I bet my diabetes consultant wouldn't be happy with 30g carbs a day hahaaa, id be forever going low on energy ... Its mad to think how you could limit carbs to 30g tho, esp wen thats the equivalent to two slices of medium bread.. I bet youd end up almost doing the atkins diet ... It sounds effective tho :) xxxxxxx

NO CLAIRE NOT 30G .....sorry had to shout but that would defo be madness, its 30% for me its nearly 200g before exercise.

MrsLmc said:
NO CLAIRE NOT 30G .....sorry had to shout but that would defo be madness, its 30% for me its nearly 200g before exercise.

Ohhhhh thank friggin god .... Hahaaaaaa ...... Told ya, im thick as shiiiiite hahaaa .. Xxxxxxx

MrsLmc said:
You are not Claire, you take that back this minute!!!!!!

Hahaaaaa, na seriously iv lost far too many brain cells over the years :p xx

Back