Free calories

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by chocaslim, 16 June 2010 Social URL.

1. chocaslim

chocaslim adores posting

Start Weight:
    10st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(4.51%)
    Diet:
    arrrggghhh
    Hi just out of interest is there anyone out there that does not count certain foods and classes them as free foods or unlimited and if so which foods are they thank you would appreicate it.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Little Noo

Little Noo Full Member

Start Weight:
    8st8lb
    Current Weight:
    8st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.67%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting/Healthy Eating
    I dont count sugar free squash, mainly because there is something like 8 cals per pint and I dont drink enough anyway so im trying to encourage myself to drink more by added squash. apart from that i count everything, including milk in tea and salad veg.

i've heard of some people not counting fruit and veg but i think you need to really as a banana is around 100 cals and apples are around 60. sweetcorn is quite high in cals too. so you could be adding on loads of extra cals without realising it.

xxx

4. Rigby

Rigby Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(15.42%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    I also don't really count the sugar-free drinks I have: flavoured fizzy water (4 calories for a large bottle), pepsi max (1 calorie a can), sugar-free squash (I only drink squash that is very low in calories, although watching things like 'high-juice' because they often have an awful lot of calories in comparison), etc. I don't count them because it's so few calories that even over the course of a day it doesn't add up to much at all (and it gets me drinking more fluids). I count everything else though (including fruit and veg) :)

5. landie_sparkly

landie_sparkly Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(16.29%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I count absolutely everything ... even milk in tea (14 calories!). I think that's where I went wrong in the past - guessing here and there, missing out bits and bobs (as the mood took me!), and for me, I need to know exactly where I am number-wise. The main benefit, apart from my newly emerging waist, is learning new portion sizes, for meals and snacks. Hopefully something that will keep me maintaining when I reach goal ... fingers crossed anyway!

6. mum_of_one

mum_of_one Silver Member

I dont count salad or veg but but I do count all fruit and avocado and potato.

7. *gold.emerald*

*gold.emerald* dancing queen ;)

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    5st12lb(32.93%)
    Diet:
    *my own*;no diet, but exercising&watching cals
    hi, i've been watching my cals, and i don't count sprite zero etc. nor tea (camomile, peppermint ect, but I'd count the milk) and started off counting fruit and veg, but found that then I hardly ate any, so I stopped counting ( as long as I don't overdo it and I would count a banana and that high-kind ones). I find adding an apple and grapes or cucumber and a tea at meals makes me so full or feel like i've eaten a lot, I don't want to eat too soon again.lol

8. Tamzy1989

Tamzy1989 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    103.42kg
    Current Weight:
    60.78kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.32kg
    Lost(%):
    42.6kg(41.23%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    low carb/low cal
    i dont count fruit or veg, but i do count sweetcorn and banana even though i dont eat banana's but if i was to eat an avacado then i'd definately have to count it as its high in cals.

9. Mumma K

Mumma K Gold Member

Start Weight:
    22st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st9lb(29.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I don't count salad veg or things like cabbage, spinach etc
    I only count the higher carb veg like potato, parsnip, peas etc

10. chocaslim

chocaslim adores posting

Start Weight:
    10st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(4.51%)
    Diet:
    arrrggghhh
    thats great thanks for all your replys a good read........ tbh i never thought of counting no added sugar drinks a habit from other diet plans probably and i dont count green veg and green salad leaves:)

11. dextermummy

dextermummy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(20.8%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    I think the great thing sbout calorie counting is that you decide how you want to use it. Some people are really strict and count every single calorie, I was like that to start and think it's a good way to establish your diet in the early days. However as I have gone on I now barely count at all, I just use what I learnt in those early days to judge what I can eat in a day. My diet isn't very varied (I'm fussy), so I knwo the calorie contents of most of what I eat off by heart so just a rough mental tally of the bulk of what I eat is usually enough to keep me on track. I'm sure there will come a time when that stops working, then I'll go back to monitoring every morsel I eat til I get back on track.

12. StevieW

StevieW Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st13lb
    Lost(%):
    11st10lb(49.1%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I count all foods to the nearest 0.01 cal

Pepsi Max dont count (1cal)
    Nescafe dont count (67cals per 100g about 80 coffee's)
    Silver Spoon Sweetener dont count (0.2cals)

Last edited: 2 July 2010
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.