• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Free TV workouts!

chocolatecat

One day at a time :)
some of them are OK, especially if you've no money.

If you can afford it I'd get a couple of DVDs instead as the people on these programs are really irritating by the end of one! :D

The one I recorded on Sky + looked good but my 18 yr old brother has decided it's not worth space on the hard drive and deleted it :(
Most of them are quite cheesy but I'll be keeping an eye out for some good ones.

If you can afford a fitness DVD to put on and jump around to when you have some time, I recommend any of the Davina ones. I have been doing the 'power of three' one for 3 weeks and already feel so much more toned.
I have looked at the sky ones but find them very 'american' and cheesy - no offence meant!:)
x

KookieDoh

Ugly duckling going Swan.
There is one fault I have with Fitness TV and it's that they have commerical breaks in the middle of their workouts. Not good to do that. I understand the advertisers keep them on TV but couldn't they do it BETWEEN shows?

Ooh I'll have a look at these, I'll Sky+ them too (wonderful for zipping through annoying adverts!), at least they're free and if they're no good - delete them with no money wasted!

I did the combat cardio one today and while I wasn't completely knackered I did work up quite a sweat! The cats thought I'd lost my marbles lol! The guy was british so there was no american cheesiness, it combines a few martial arts moves such as the roundhouse kick and a few punches in sequence. Awesome, definately keeping it and doing it again! I'll just record ones that sound good and save my favourites to do whenever I want.

I've been doing the ones called 'The Big Workout' on fitness TV and they're actually rather good. They're split into 3 sections, cardio, resistance and core.

You do need dumbells in order to do it properly, but the presenter isn't irritating like many, and talks you through proper technique. While I wasn't knackered afterwards, I do feel it the next day! There are 6 episodes of increasing difficulty, so well worth skyplus-ing them!

M x x

I've been doing the ones called 'The Big Workout' on fitness TV and they're actually rather good. They're split into 3 sections, cardio, resistance and core.

You do need dumbells in order to do it properly, but the presenter isn't irritating like many, and talks you through proper technique. While I wasn't knackered afterwards, I do feel it the next day! There are 6 episodes of increasing difficulty, so well worth skyplus-ing them!

M x x
I've seen these on the TV Planner and wondered if they went in order of difficulty, may record them then & try. I did the Street Dance one yesterday as I love dance style workouts, but found it a bit boring TBH, it was a British presenter but she wasn't exactly full of charm and charisma IMO. It's the first time I've exercised in eons though! So I was knackered and only did about half of it - and I don't think it was that intense TBH so shows how unfit I am! But it's a start! :)