Free TV workouts!

sugar_lipswales

Silver Member
Has anyone come across the fitness channels on Sky on and around channel 282? I'm struggling to fit the gym in around work and thought this would be perfect for a quick workout without even leaving the house!!!

some of them are OK, especially if you've no money.

If you can afford it I'd get a couple of DVDs instead as the people on these programs are really irritating by the end of one! :D

are they any good ?

ive just checked it out on the tv. Not got a fitness show on it yet though as its during the night.

The one I recorded on Sky + looked good but my 18 yr old brother has decided it's not worth space on the hard drive and deleted it :(
Most of them are quite cheesy but I'll be keeping an eye out for some good ones.

If you can afford a fitness DVD to put on and jump around to when you have some time, I recommend any of the Davina ones. I have been doing the 'power of three' one for 3 weeks and already feel so much more toned.
I have looked at the sky ones but find them very 'american' and cheesy - no offence meant!:)
x

There is one fault I have with Fitness TV and it's that they have commerical breaks in the middle of their workouts. Not good to do that. I understand the advertisers keep them on TV but couldn't they do it BETWEEN shows?

Ooh I'll have a look at these, I'll Sky+ them too (wonderful for zipping through annoying adverts!), at least they're free and if they're no good - delete them with no money wasted!

I did the combat cardio one today and while I wasn't completely knackered I did work up quite a sweat! The cats thought I'd lost my marbles lol! The guy was british so there was no american cheesiness, it combines a few martial arts moves such as the roundhouse kick and a few punches in sequence. Awesome, definately keeping it and doing it again! I'll just record ones that sound good and save my favourites to do whenever I want.

I've been doing the ones called 'The Big Workout' on fitness TV and they're actually rather good. They're split into 3 sections, cardio, resistance and core.

You do need dumbells in order to do it properly, but the presenter isn't irritating like many, and talks you through proper technique. While I wasn't knackered afterwards, I do feel it the next day! There are 6 episodes of increasing difficulty, so well worth skyplus-ing them!

M x x

I've been doing the ones called 'The Big Workout' on fitness TV and they're actually rather good. They're split into 3 sections, cardio, resistance and core.

You do need dumbells in order to do it properly, but the presenter isn't irritating like many, and talks you through proper technique. While I wasn't knackered afterwards, I do feel it the next day! There are 6 episodes of increasing difficulty, so well worth skyplus-ing them!

M x x

I've seen these on the TV Planner and wondered if they went in order of difficulty, may record them then & try. I did the Street Dance one yesterday as I love dance style workouts, but found it a bit boring TBH, it was a British presenter but she wasn't exactly full of charm and charisma IMO. It's the first time I've exercised in eons though! So I was knackered and only did about half of it - and I don't think it was that intense TBH so shows how unfit I am! But it's a start! :)

Back