Puddings Freezing Mince Tarts

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by darkcookie, 17 December 2010 Social URL.

1. darkcookie

darkcookie Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(17.68%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi, can anyone help me I want to make some mince tarts from the xmas cookbook in advance and freeze them.

It says in the book the tarts can be made in advance and frozen - does this mean:

1) You cook them with the mince meat in, let them cool down then put in the freezer
    2) just cook the pastry without the mince meat in then add the mince meat later on when you want them, or
    3) cut pastry in 32 rings, leave the pastry un-cooked then freeze :confused:

Help needed please.

Kind regards

Lyn

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Monkey_Monkey_Underpants

Monkey_Monkey_Underpants Well, hello...

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6.5lb(24.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World (again)
    You make them in their entirety, and then freeze them. So your number 1.

4. darkcookie

darkcookie Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(17.68%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well.... I didnt manage to get 32 out of the mixture I only got 18 :eek: - just need to work out the syns for each one now!!!

Out of interest, has anyone managed to get 32 out the mixture, if so do you have any tips?

kind regards

Lyn

5. skipalong

skipalong Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st5.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(1.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I thought the same about the 32 - goodness knows how they got that out of the mixture.

I ended up making 18 of the large 3in size then used a tiny tin (bitesize) that I have and made the rest with that. There may well be more than the 3.5 syns in my 18 large ones, but I'm banking on there being less in my mini mince tarts, so hopefully I can give everyone else the large ones and eat the mini ones myself.

I am pleased with how the pastry has turned out though.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.