Fresh start diary

No I used WW whole meal pitta as they're a healthy extra yay! Basically microwave a chopped up potato, onion mixed with a little bit of water and a veg stock cube for about 9mins. Toast pitta for min so it's easier to open. Add cheese to the potato mix and mash. Stuff pitta with the mixture and brush with a beaten egg. Bake for about 15mins on a high heat. It's definitely not the same as a pasty but the filling tastes the same and it's really filling and tasty :)

that sounds GOOD!

i saw the pitta's were HEb so gonna get some i think - will def give that a try i think
thanks! ;) x

Hello land of the living!

Finished nights, had a little sleep and am about to go do a food shop. I'm also going for a few drinks with the in laws tonight- trying to break the cycle of work-hospital-bed for them so have allocated 30 syns for 5 175ml glasses of wine

Menu
2pm - cheese filled toasted pitta (HEX a& b)

7pm - chicken fajitas (I'm having rice instead of wraps to keep it syn free)

X

Omg just had fajitas and they were ah-mazing! I had chicken, a variety of peppers, spring onions and red onion with plain boiled rice wrapped in lettuce leaves with jalapeños and salsa! I'm counting 1/2 syn for salsa as one tablespoon is 6 calories and I had about 4 teaspoons.
So yummy and felt proper like a naughty meal I just had to repost and tell you about it!

sounds nice huni
i've seen on here people mentioning they use lettuce for the wraps...always say i'll give it a go but need to figure out how i'd make a "fajita" seasoning which isn't out a packet?

hope things are a bit better at your end?
enjoy your wine ;) x

Good morning!

I'm feeling really positive this morning as for the first time this year, I had a night out and stuck to the syns I allocated and didn't eat anything I shouldn't last night. I had 6 x 50ml vodkas for 30syns and when we got home OH started eating toast, peanut butter, chocolate and crisps. I literally held a chunky Kitkat in my hand and then just thought...I don't want to waste 13.5 syns thank you very much! Instead I had half a tomato mugshot as halfway through I realised I wasn't hungry.
I'm going to an Easter buffet at my mum's tomorrow and I'm not sure how SW friendly it will be so I need a few extra syns to survive that.
OH has gone to get my Easter egg. I told him not to get me one and he said 'don't worry I've got a plan'. I'm very intrigued what that means!

Today's menu
Breakfast
2 x weight watchers sausages (1syn), bacon, 2 egg omelette, 'fried' onions and beans

Lunch
Cheese and pastrami toastie and mandarins (HEX a & b)

Tea
Hunters chicken, roast potatoes and carrots

X

well done you for sticking to your plan....and also for resisting all that temptation! its good when you do that and gives a huge sense of achievement doesnt it :D

i'll need to have a look for the schwartz mixes...i always just used the old el paso one (smoky BBQ) pre sw

i've been up for hrs but only just had breakfast (its 11.30) cos i've been busy and only stopped cos i thought hmmmm i better eat - you know what it's like when you're doing something and not focussed on food or sitting about doing nothing really

anyway...have a really good weekend chick...hope you's get some good news from the hospital too ;) x

My Easter surprise from bf was and Easter farm! A large, medium and mini lindor bunny, smarties chicken and egg, milkybar cow and one mini chick and one mini rabbit. He also got me 2 malteaster bunnies. Bless him he said he got me them as they would be easier to syn and portion control than an egg :) just need the syn value for the chicken and egg x

aww that was really sweet of him

is it the smarties chocolate animals you get in a 3 pack? if so, they're 6 each :D

i'm loving the mini malteser bunnies (and the large ones) and just saw maltesers have a bar thing out called Teasers which looks as if it'll just be pretty much like the bunnie :drool:
need to find out more about them ie syns etc....

i've literally just sat down for dinner - been on the go doing stuff in here since just after 8 so after eating, i'm gonna dry my hair, help my OH get the stuff back up the loft then settle for a well earned sprawl on the couch lol

saturday night...rock and roll eh! lol x

Our Saturday night sounds quite similar! Might crack open my mini lindor bunny later- I know how to live!
I'm getting a bit worried about this buffet tomorrow. I don't want to go mad on syns as I feel quite 'in the zone' at the moment and would be disappointed to spoil it. Gonna have a big cooked brekkie so I'm not ravenous and take a WW pitta so I can have a cheese and ham pitta. There will be salad but other than that its gonna be mini sausage rolls, mini pies, crisps, chicken nuggets, cheese and crackers that kind of thing. Think I might take some batchelors rice to contribute knowing its free and fill up on that.
Fingers crossed my will power sticks!

i'm sure you'll do great....but don't beat yourself up too much if you have something
can you not plan some flexi syns but only in the case that you reallyneed to?

i've got a doo next week which will involve buffet....not sure how that'll go - best ask me nearer the time lol x

Hello!

Well I didn't do too badly at the buffet yesterday...definitely more than I intended but not as crazy as I could have been. I actually enjoyed the more SW friendly stuff more than the typical party food like sausage rolls. Straight back 100% today, I'm off to visit the OH's grandma as she's finally woken up! Diners crossed this is the turning point.

Today's menu
Breakfast
2 x WW sausages, bacon, beans and eggs

Lunch
Cheese and pastrami toastie with some fruit afterwards

Tea
Spaghetti bolognaise

Syns
Will have a malteaster bunny at 8syns along with 1 from breakfast

aww that was good about yesterday chick...and glad to hear OH's G has woken up...
food looking good for today ;)

weigh in for me tonight....hoping the scales are kinder to me this time seeing as they showed a 2lb gain last week??? :( but been on plan as always anyway.

just finished all my cooking for work - all my bits and pieces and although i'm on green today, i'm gonna do another green day tomorrow which will be a 1st at mixing it up seeing as i always do 1 day green, 1 EE. struggle with the lunches on EE for work although i much prefer the dinners! but might give it a bash as i'm only working 3 days so if i do that, maybe i'll try EE all weekend? all trial and error but i am slightly wary that it might have an impact on me?? need to wait and see i guess eh x

aww that was good about yesterday chick...and glad to hear OH's G has woken up...
food looking good for today ;)

weigh in for me tonight....hoping the scales are kinder to me this time seeing as they showed a 2lb gain last week??? :( but been on plan as always anyway.

just finished all my cooking for work - all my bits and pieces and although i'm on green today, i'm gonna do another green day tomorrow which will be a 1st at mixing it up seeing as i always do 1 day green, 1 EE. struggle with the lunches on EE for work although i much prefer the dinners! but might give it a bash as i'm only working 3 days so if i do that, maybe i'll try EE all weekend? all trial and error but i am slightly wary that it might have an impact on me?? need to wait and see i guess eh x

How was weigh in m'dear? X

Aw well done that's such good news! Sometimes the scales don't seem to make much sense lol.
I went to bed fine last night but have woke up with a sore throat sounding like a man! 15 hour shift at work as well :-( I haven't got much appetite as I can't really taste anything but will try to keep eating.

Breakfast
Nothing :-(

Lunch
Tandoori chicken with lettuce, peppers and pasta

Tea
Should be spag Bol but we'll see

aww noo...hope you've managed your shift ok and that it wasn't too hard going?
what is it that you do that involves the long shifts?

how was the tandoori chicken...if you managed it?
well i'm on my 2nd green day in a row today, and doing another tomorrow so we'll see how that goes. might do EE on thurs...will see if i'm craving a tasty dinner by then or not lol.
dinner was last min and unplanned (and late!) tonight but had baked potato with cottage cheese and beans and then some fruit salad with a spoonful of yog a wee while afterwards. off now to have 2 mini malteser bunnies and some crisps i think...mmmmm lol

any news from the hospital side of things?x

Back