Fresh Start

well done!!!! x

Day 9

No problems during the day and still no hunger pangs but tonight I'm babysitting for my son and his partner ... and I know they have a goody drawer! I have no intention of breaking my diet but it's like the contents of the drawer are calling to me!! Excuse me while I go and put some cotton-wool in my ears :giggle:

BB xx

its horrible when u know there are goodies nearby and u just wanna succumb to it xx

I used to be the same when I stayed in hotels - the lone chocolate bar in the minibar was constantly on my thoughts and very few survived until the next day! As you can probably tell, I have a very, very sweet tooth and would happily munch on a bar of Galaxy (or three!) instead of eating a meal.

However, I am delighted now that I remained strong because when I popped in to see my LLC to pick up some cranberry bars that hadn't been available on Thursday I had a quick jump on the scales and I'd lost another 2lbs since weigh in. Brilliant news for me because I am desperate to make it to 14lbs lost by next Thursday as I so want to get out of the "seventeens".

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

BB xx

Fantastic weight loss so far, and for resisting temptation. Look forward to reading your diary as we have a similar amount to lose and I started a few days behind you x

Just a quick flick through the diaries for me today ... I have to go shopping, FOOD shopping :eek:

Had call from my parents this morning to say they were on their way from Devon to Peterborough and would break their journey here (they are in their 80s) before going on see my Aunt who is very seriously ill in hospital tomorrow.

I have nothing in the house but packs and bars, literally! I may have to go with them tomorrow as I am a little concerned the drive maybe a bit too much for my dad but, in the meantime, I have to feed them.

Hadn't said anything to them about the LL diet and didn't really want to. My dad can be a little brusque and I can imagine him saying "lost 12lbs? from where??" He doesn't mean it I know but sometimes his words can be a little hurtful.

Oh well, better get going! xx

Lovely to catch up with your diary. Hope the parents visit went well, shame it is not due to better circumstances. Throw the food away after they have gone, freeze it or give it to them. There is only so much temptation I can cope with, lol

Phew!! Glad the last two days are over. Sunday resulted in a dash from Berkshire to Peterborough to make sure my mum was able to say her goodbyes to her sister. So very sad to witness. It's a matter of days only according to the doctors.

Today my sons, their partners, and grandchildren came over to visit with their grandparents. I had ended up not having chance to go food shopping on Sunday but my lovely younger son volunteered to shop and cook for everyone (just his special spag bol but it was ideal because it's something I don't like - so no temptation there). Elder son got stuck with the washing up! I joined them at the table with my spicy curry soup.

I was a little naughty today - I had two bars - I really didn't fancy any more liquid this evening. Fingers crossed it won't mess things up!

Will have to catch up on diaries tomorrow, it's 02:00 so time I tried to sleep.

BB xx

What a busy week! The weekend can't come soon enough. I think I might shut myself away and hibernate.

Really pleased to have lost just over a stone in two weeks but also a little depressed as I know the losses won't stay at this rate and, in a way, the last two weeks have been easy for me but the hard work starts now in maintaining my enthusiasm when the losses are smaller.

I'm going to try to do some exercise from next week - maybe that will keep things ticking over.

BB

The losses will slow, but no where near like if you were doing WW or something similar!

Great advice, in the beginning I broke it down to half stone goals, then after the first ninth moved that to a stone. We have a July challenge not sure if you have seen it, but I find they help me stay focused! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I know I should try not to weigh more than once a week but as I had to take some packs back today (have suddenly gone off chicken!), I couldn't resist having a quick weigh - and another 2lbs has gone, bringing me to 17 pounds off in seventeen days. Anyway, naughty or not, that 2lbs (along with the sunshine) has lifted my mood!

Have a wonderful weekend :D

Nice one. Glorious weather for sure x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yum, just tried Shepherds Pie for the first time and really enjoyed it, however, I'm feeling exactly the same as when I'm not dieting and eat something I like ... I want more! Just as well it was the only pack I had.:rolleyes:

BBxx

Hello! Sounds like you're off to a great start. Now you're well into ketosis any 'hunger' or cravings will be purely mental, not physical (unless you're not drinking enough water). I found it a revelation, realising how many times before LL I would eat for reasons other than hunger, and your post about wanting more because you like something is really familiar to me. LL can be a great breathing space from food, to give yourself time to look at these sorts of things.

Good luck!! Xx

Hi Spangly

Thanks for the post. I find it really odd that I have no trouble NOT eating but so many problems with eating sensibly. It seems to be all or nothing with me - hope this time I can break this silly cycle!

xx

Back