fresh start

patches1

Well, I started sw 12 weeks ago this Wednesay have lost 16lbs so far. Having done ww before lost 2 1/2 stone and basically put it all back again just became obsessed with all the snack stuff I could have if an apple and a bag of crisps have the same points- :rolleyes: well um I'm not this big for no reason! I think my fat has become this protective layer if i'm upset, happy bored etc i turn to food Ive used it almost to medicate myself if you like. I have found that I've previously suffered from anxiety and rather than deal with it I used food to blot it out I feel like I'[ve dealt with a lot of issues- still some to go but I feel much happier and able to cope if that makes sense to anyone. I think in part with ww and other attempts is I haven't felt worth the effort. I would confess to not being perfect at sw but I had a moment at class last week when I realised how much more I could have lost and also that it is important to me. I enjoy cooking and I find sw works for me. I have started to walk around 4 miles 3 times a week and I've started using the wii fit but need to get into more regular routine. I cant imagine my bmi being 25 or under getting it below 30 would be something I have been seriously overweight for the majority of my life I feel as though I have let it rule my life:).

Hiya Patches

Welcome, you'll find this place offers loads of support and if you ever feel down or are struggling there's always someone here to help you. I'm like you and have often used food or drink to 'smother' my anxiety or stress levels. Good luck on your journey Patches, stay strong Boo xx

wanted to share one of the recipes that i enjoy making :) it's free on ee (hope it makes sense)
rec. for left-over chicken paella
fry light
1 onion finely chopped
2 tomatoes finely chopped
2 garlic cloves finely chopped
300g cooked chicken cut into bite sized pieces
350g long-grain rice
800ml chicken stock
150g peas
1 roasted red pepper (from a jar) sliced
handful of chopped parsley
salt
* heat the fry light in a pan, fry the onion until soft, thow in tomatoes and garlic and fry for another 5 minutes.
*Add the chicken and stir for 1 minute, then mix in the rice. Pour in the stock and mix. Let the watercome up to the boil, then lower the heat, cover the pan and simmer for 10-15 mins. Add the peas, roasted pepper and parsley, season with salt and cook for a further 5 mins, then serve.

thanks boo I've been lurking for a couple of weeks on here and been dithering about writing but it has felt good to share xxx

well have been following the plan and then let myself down my having about 18 minstrals just because I had some change they have one of those charity choc things in the staff room and I can't stop- well to be more accurate I just scoffed it anyway. But back at home now and have done 1 1/2 hours on the wii fit and a hour on zumba- I'm trying to keep my motivation going as I know in the past I've just well given up. Anyway tomorrow is weigh in day and this week I haven't been as bad but I want to develop new habits. Plus just had some recent pics put on fb before starting- oh my god if I had realised I looked that bad I wouldn't have set foot outside home- another thing I want to change the feeling of dread when any one uploads pics of me. anyway enough babbling.

Hiya! :D
Good luck with your weigh-in! Mine's tomorrow as well! 10am. I'm dreading it as even though I've been 100% good this week, for some reason I don't feel I've lost anything much to write home about. (Okay, I confess, I've been "cheat-weighing", something they always advise you against, but I can't help it.)

mine's in the evening to be good all week is something I aspire to- honest if i was then I would look instead I just have the dread of what the figures will show- oh god must get better at this maybe it'll be my new challenge- I'd say good luck but it doesn't sound asthough you need it hee hee xxx

Right I am going to shift myself so I can do a half on hour on the wii fit I always say I will and then something comes up I'm going to make myself on omlette stuffed with spring onions, mushroom and tomatoes for brekkie, some kind of veg and salad for lunch and heaven knows what for dinner at the mo.

you are good with the wii fit and the zumba. My ex's sister runs a zumba class and I would quite like to try it but I'm scared I'm not fit enough yet. I don't want to ask her because I think as the instructer she will say anyone can do it!

I was thinking the other day about whether I am a binge eater or not and although I do my main food damage in the form of binges I think it is more like you described, like medication. I suppose I eat in the same way as a lot of people I know drink - they might drink a couple of bottles of wine on their own one evening for no apparant reason and I might stop on the way home and get 2 mcdonalds meals. I'm a bit ashamed to write that even here :(

Sweetie, I am an ex-bulimic, so that's not remotely strange to me. ;) I know precisely what you mean.
Slimming World really helps me mentally as it shows me that I can eat heaps of food without feeling guilty about it and without putting on weight. It's a lifeline in more ways than one. :)

totally agree about it being a lifeline i feel it is just sinking in- wouldn't be doing as much activity for one thing the great thing about the wii is i'm in a room by myself blinds closed so i don't feel self conscious and i'm not being kind but i have awful coordination but i have lots of fun. i've just been trying to do a little extra before i wouldn't have bothered going a half hour because i might have planned 2 and wound up doing nothing- but no word of a lie i felt great afterwards so just have to keep it up anyway 4lbs off so feeling pretty smug hee hee xxx

totally agree about it being a lifeline i feel it is just sinking in- wouldn't be doing as much activity for one thing the great thing about the wii is i'm in a room by myself blinds closed so i don't feel self conscious and i'm not being kind but i have awful coordination but i have lots of fun. i've just been trying to do a little extra before i wouldn't have bothered going a half hour because i might have planned 2 and wound up doing nothing- but no word of a lie i felt great afterwards so just have to keep it up anyway 4lbs off so feeling pretty smug hee hee xxx

wow, another 4lbs? that's fab :D xxx

right then, off to get my lunch ready some type of salad- no wii today but after work will have either an 8 or 10 mile walk to keep me active. Feeling very +ve today so hoping to build on that bought extra fruit during the week to keep me goingxx

Well, I started sw 12 weeks ago this Wednesay have lost 16lbs so far. Having done ww before lost 2 1/2 stone and basically put it all back again just became obsessed with all the snack stuff I could have if an apple and a bag of crisps have the same points- :rolleyes: well um I'm not this big for no reason! I think my fat has become this protective layer if i'm upset, happy bored etc i turn to food Ive used it almost to medicate myself if you like. I have found that I've previously suffered from anxiety and rather than deal with it I used food to blot it out I feel like I'[ve dealt with a lot of issues- still some to go but I feel much happier and able to cope if that makes sense to anyone. I think in part with ww and other attempts is I haven't felt worth the effort. I would confess to not being perfect at sw but I had a moment at class last week when I realised how much more I could have lost and also that it is important to me. I enjoy cooking and I find sw works for me. I have started to walk around 4 miles 3 times a week and I've started using the wii fit but need to get into more regular routine. I cant imagine my bmi being 25 or under getting it below 30 would be something I have been seriously overweight for the majority of my life I feel as though I have let it rule my life:).

i know exactly what you mean about hiding behind the layer of fat. It took me a loooong time to admit & realise that I had anxiety & emotional food problems.
I've had food problems since I was a school girl & over time, along with a few other things, my weight has just kept creeping up and up.

I really wish you all the best with your weight loss journey. :D

Lele

thank you so much lele for you kind words I do have to say even though i'm having blips following this I'm finding sw is something that hopefully will become second nature I think my only issues will be controlling my ability to self sabotage because i've been like this for so long x

well to start with the positives had an okay brekkie just sone toast and fruit it was tiny bread from a mini loaf so I was like I'll have four pieces then but as i put the second two slices on I hadn't even even eaten the first two i popped the toaster up because this voice in my head just said you've not even eaten what you've got but if you put it on you will eat it- wow won't let on how many years on this earth i've had before common sense entered that early in th morning, for lunch was unprepared but went to sains got a chilli noddle salad with shredded veg in it didn't really like the dressing so was trying to avoid don't think it was too high a jar of baby gerkins once i start i can't stop and some lovely parma ham and an apple. Well this halo did then slip as my gob ran into 28 galaxy minstrels which due to the speed they were shoved down my gullet I'm pretty certain i didn't need to eat them all- opsie! But been out this evening for a walk which lasted 2hours and 20 minutes and I could have walked further but was part of a group and had a couple of really nice comments. But now have meal cooking on the stove so I can take some in my usual plan is to to stuff myself so much with grub i feel too sleepy to get choc and drink more xx Well I'd be boring if i was a saint- no chance of that. Every weds i say in class i'd love to do a week and not use any sins but then i look at my week and go- nah maybe next time i did well last week and had some indulgences. have received my amazon order for 'confessions of a reformed dieter' so hopefully will read a bit before bed and make shopping list for tomorrow of all the lovely things to buy.

just realised my jumbo post- if you manage to read and make sense of it your a better person than me- imagine what i'm like to chat to- you'd never escape!!!

hehe, I'm a bit like that too, it drives my sister nuts sometimes when I e-mail her because I just type like I talk, I don't go back and edit. Well done for the positives, sounds like it was a challenging day. x

well tomorrow will be better but if i'm good for the majority of the time and exercising I won't want to give up- which is a fear that lurks oh well hope it is going well for you xx

Back