Extra Easy Freshly squeezed orange juice

Sethyr

Morning all, on my first week of SW and it feels like I have just been eating constantly! Not looking forward to my first weigh in! :-/

Anyway, I have a question! Oranges are on the super free list but freshly squeezed orange juice is 2 syns per 100 ml ? Anyone know why this is?

Thanks all
Seth

I don't know the exact details but it will be something to do with changing the composition of it by juicing it, your body doesn't have to work as hard to break it down. Similarly, you could easily squeeze four or five oranges and drink the juice but you'd never sit down to eat 4 or 5 oranges. You consume more in juice form than you would consciously eat so I think that's another reason. There are lots more knowledgeable members than me on here but that's my understanding of it.

Yeah Jenna is spot on- when a fruit is juiced or pureed it is easier to over eat it. Simple as that!

Excellent thanks for the replies! I guess it does make sense but I still don't understand it 100% technically it's the same product with the same calories? So if I sat down and ate 4-5 oranges I'd still not syn them? Am I being a bit dense here?

Sethyr said:
Excellent thanks for the replies! I guess it does make sense but I still don't understand it 100% technically it's the same product with the same calories? So if I sat down and ate 4-5 oranges I'd still not syn them? Am I being a bit dense here?

No you wouldn't syn them, but I know I would struggle to sit and eat 4-5 oranges and if I did I would be full for a good while afterwards. 4-5oranges might make 2 glasses of juice (if that!) Which I could easily drink before a meal without feeling full, and still eat the entire meal x

Back