Freshstartnewme- 8 months to do it food diary!

Freshstartnewme!

Gold Member
Hi All :wavey:

Well 2011 is nearly upon us. 2010 consisted of me losing and gaining 17lbs. Not good. :cry:

So I start 2011 (well starting tomorrow actually, but near enough!) with a new attitude. :girlpower:

All leftovers have been eaten this evening, all chocolate and biscuits that are not open have been hidden away and will remain there until I figure out who I can give them too or for when we have guests.

Meals are being planned, 2 bin bags of clothes have been thrown away and all clothes too small have been put into the attic until I am anywhere near fitting in them again.

So this will be my year. 2011 is the year I will achieve what I want to achieve and what I have been trying for 8 years to do. I am giving myself the whole year to lose the 5 stone I need at least.

So I hope you will all visit and we can support each other.

Tomorrow is a new day and the start of a new way of being..

Claire xx

Some things to remember:

Reasons why I want to do this:

• I want to wear lovely clothes for the first time in my life
  • I want to be able to buy clothes from any shop
  • I don't want to hide struggling into clothes from my boyfriend
  • I don't want to make excuses for not going out because I feel hideous inside and out
  • I want to feel lovely and feel proud of who I am
  • I want to have 'special time' with my boyfriend and not insist on doing it under the covers :(
  • I want to wear a ring and not have sausage fingers
  • I want to have ankles!
  • I want to be fit and healthy and not hide that I am out of breath from walking up a flight of stairs
  • I want to enjoy a year or two of being young and slim and happy before we start trying for babies
  • I want to wear a dress

I could go on and on, but these are a few to remind myself!

Meal idea's for the next few weeks

Meal plan for the next couple of weeks:
  • Roast beef with slimming world roasters, veg, Yorkshires and gravy (3 syn)
  • Lean lamb mince lasagne with spinach, home made sauces (3 syn per portion)
  • Sausage casserole and mash ( 6 syn per portion)
  • Stuffed peppers
  • Paprika chicken (1 syn per portion)
  • Ham and potato hash with fried egg
  • Pork rogan josh curry (2 syn per portion)
  • Special fried rice
  • Chili and rice
  • Gammon, egg, slimming world chips and beans

Got the Nigella Kitchen cook book for xmas so I am going through and seeing if I can slimming world any of the recipes!!

More to add soon!

Idea's for work lunches
  • Tuna and pasta salad with onion, pepper, tomatoes and sweetcorn
  • Cous cous and chili
  • Home made soup
  • Pasta in sauce with carrots and peppers added
  • Ham and laughing cow cheese salad
  • Any left overs

Will add as I get more idea's!!

All of your meals sound very tasty!!! One thing I am trying to grasp myself is... how do we loose weight on a diet where the idea is to keep eating??... baffles me, but it clearly works having seen other peoples profiles!! :) Good luck!

Hello!

Yey diary stalkers!!

Wilkin87 Yes It does seem silly that the idea is the more you eat the better. I find the trick with slimming world is to plan. You can eat lovely good meals, usually free or very low syn but planning and organising is the key!!

My head has just not been in it, but feeling much better and looking forward to a new start in 2011! Best of luck with your journey, have you started yet, how are you finding slimming world?

Muffintop Hello! :wavey: please feel free to stalk, I like knowing someone is reading! Hope you had a lovely Christmas!

Looking forward to getting started tomorrow and seeing those scales start going down.

Good Morning!

Day 1: Thursday 30/12/10
Breakfast
2 egg omlette with onion, yellow pepper, cherry tomatoes, ham
1 babybel light (2 syn)

Lunch
Ham salad: lettuce, cherry toms, pepper, onion, cucumber
Light babybel (2 syn)
EL Laughing cow triangle ( 1 syn)
Grapes and shape yogurt
3 Clementine

Tea
Roast Beef
SW roasters
Carrot and swede
Brussels
Yorkshire pudding x2 (2 syn)
Gravy (4 syn)

Snack: 1 slice white toast (HEB)
Spread (2 syn)
Total syns for day: 13

HEB: Slice toast
HEA: Milk for cups of tea

Last edited:
Omlette!

mmmmm sounds yummy.

Would you believe I have never had an omelette or made one :eek: Will have to google and see what I have to do to make one.....lol

Hiya muffintopp!

I can believe, as until I met my boyfriend I had never done one either. Now I eat them a lot, they are so good for using things up and sometimes I have with slimming world chips and beans as a main meal.

The best way to do on is to prepare all your fillings

You can use onions, peppers, courgette, mushrooms, tomatoes anything really!,

You can put any meat in, I use ham, chicken and bacon a lot and then you need some cheese!

So soften your veg lightly if you have any and add your meat cook through if uncooked like bacon, or just warm through if cold cooked meat like ham or chicken.

Once softened/cooked spread evenly across bottom of the pan. Whisk your eggs 2/3 makes a good size one, season with salt and pepper.

Pour your eggs over your mixture in the pan and tip the pan to make sure evenly distributes.

Now I don't have a pan that you can put in the oven so I leave mine on a low heat until the egg starts to set, then just before done pop your cheese across half the omlette, using a flat spatula or something fold the omlette in half and leave for a min for cheese to melt!!

Other way is to do all of the above, but instead of folding pop under the grill- it is nicer this way, the omlette puffs up a bit but make sure your pan is oven/gill proof!!

Best thing to do is have a go!! You can stick anything in them :)

Morning everyone,

Happy New Years Eve!

Friday 31/12/10

Breakfast

Bacon fat trimmed
Fry light egg
Beans
Slice white toast and spread (HEB+ 2syn)

Lunch
Roast beef
Left over carrot and swede, brussels, cauliflower and 2 small potatoes
Gravy (2 syn)

2 satsuma's

HEB: White toast
HEA: Milk for tea

Last edited:
Happy New Year Everyone!

Well 1st of January and a fresh start. Had our last chinese last night. Didn't even enjoy it that much. I'm just desperate for this now. Desperate to just see a start, to get into the grove.

Breakfast
1 white roll (HEB)+ (2syn)
Bacon fat trimmed
1 fry light egg
tomato ketchup (1 syn)

2 satsumas

Lunch
Half portion rice (1.5 syn)
Chili
Beansprouts
1 babybel light (2 syn)

2 satsuma

highlight hot chocolate (2 syn)

Tea
Lamb mince bolognaise pasta
1/2 ounce cheese 1/2 HEA
Breadcrumbs (3 syn)

2 milk tray chocolates (5 syn)

Total syn: 14.5
HEA: Milk in tea (3 dashes and 1/2 ounce cheese)
HEB: White roll

Weekly syns: 14.5/105

Last edited:
Hiya muffin top!- How did your omlette go? An eggy success. Hope so, what did you have in it?

Well I am on day 2 of 100% :) One day at a time :innocent0002:

Breakfast
Banana

Lunch
Lamb mince pasta
1/2 HEA cheese
HEB: breadcrumbs

2 satsumas

Tea
Gammon
Egg
Chips (6 syn)

Grapes
Strawberry cheesecake muller ( 1 syn)

Total syn: 6 syn

Weekly syns: 20.5/105

We got a nintendo wii today, been wanting one for ages, managed to get a pre owned one for £100 from game. So ordered myself a wii fit (well the board, not a nintendo one, managed to get a different brand one for £27!) Reviews say it is just as good though. So really looking forward to getting started on that. Going to try and decide on a few games to play now, quite fancy the biggest loser one.

Last edited:
Day 3 of 100%!

Day 3 of 100% today!

Monday 3/1/11

Breakfast
1 slice white toast (HEB)
Low fat spread ( 1 syn)
Banana
Vanilla muller light
Cup of tea (1.5 syn dash milk)

Lunch
Ham, cherry tomato and onion 2 egg omlette
20g cheese and 1 EL laughing cow ( HEA)
Baked beans
Cup of tea (1.5 syn dash milk)

2 satsumas

Tea
Roast pork (14 syn) had some crackling oopsie
Sw wedges
Brocoli, carrots, brussels, green beans
Gravy (2 syn)

Grapes and muller light

Total syns: 20- oops- going to make it up during the week though.

41.5/105

Weigh day: FRIDAY

Not sure about tea yet, might do the OH oven chips and I will just have a load of veggies.

Had a good day today, went into town with my boyfriend and 2 things happened:

First he went to gregs and bought two sausage rolls and I didn't eat one. Not even a bite.
Secondly I said for every lb I lose I am going to put a £1 into a tin for some new clothes, he said he would add £2 for every 1lb I lose! So If I get to target I will have nearly £200 for some new clothes. :party0049:

I love my boyfriend so much he's been so great :heartpump:

So day three and feeling really good! Meeting my SW buddy on Friday and we are having our own little class as we can't afford real class. Going to plan our meals for the week, share idea's and generally support each other!

Yey for Slimming world!!

Last edited:
Hi Claire,

I too have decided this is the year for me. I have about the same amount as you to lose. You are doing so well! I started this morning. I am not going to a sw class though, thought I would try and do it myself at home. I am doing a food diary on my computer and weighed myself this morning so fingers crossed for this time next week!!! I think I am eating too much though. I have decided on the extra easy because in the past I could never decide on green or red! Thanks for your menu ideas. It really helps to see what other people are eating.

Is white bread a heb? I thought it was only wholemeal/brown bread that was.

Keep up the good work,

ann-marie
x

Hi Claire,

I too have decided this is the year for me. I have about the same amount as you to lose. You are doing so well! I started this morning. I am not going to a sw class though, thought I would try and do it myself at home. I am doing a food diary on my computer and weighed myself this morning so fingers crossed for this time next week!!! I think I am eating too much though. I have decided on the extra easy because in the past I could never decide on green or red! Thanks for your menu ideas. It really helps to see what other people are eating.

Is white bread a heb? I thought it was only wholemeal/brown bread that was.

Keep up the good work,

ann-marie
x

Hi Anne Marie!

If you have the same amount to lose we can buddy up on here if you want? I don't go to class either, not a proper one, but I am going to start having a meeting with my friend who does SW too so we can swap idea's and plan our meals together etc.

No white bread is not a HEB really, I bend the rules a little, a HE A or B is 6 syns, so I generally stick to the rule that if the bread is 6 syns I can class it as a HEB. Cheating I know, but just at the moment while I have white bread in I am doing this, usually I get the warbutons 400g wholemeal loaf and count 2 of those as HEB.

I have tried to lose weight so many times before but feeling really positive this time I can do it! It will be our year!

I think it's because I have realised, the only person stopping me is me. I plan to be really organised with meal planning so I have no excuse to veer off track.

Just made a massive pot of veggie soup only 1/2 syn per portion as had to use some cornflour to thicken it up! So that is work lunch sorted for a few days. Soup is also nice is you stir in half a packet of the Ainsley Harriot cous cous (only 1 syn for whole packet) makes it really thick and yummy!

Anyway please feel free to snoop around and comment, I like it when people read :)

Best of luck and let me know if you want to buddy up! and we can set some little goals!

Claire x

Tuesday 4/1/11

Breakfast
2 slices white toast (HEB) + (6 syn)
Low fat spread (2 syn)
Baked beans

Mid morning:
2 small Bananas
2 satsuma

Lunch
Vegetable soup home made (0.5 Syn)
Grapes
Muller light

Tea
Chili
Tomato and garlic couscous (2 syn)
2 EL laughing cow triangles (2 syn)

HEA: Milk for tea
HEB: 1 slice bread

Total syns for the day: 12.5

Weekly syns: 54/105- 51 remaining over 3 days

WEIGH DAY: FRIDAY

Last edited:
Hey sounds like a good idea about the money pot....WoOhOo

Omelette was good. Had turkey rashers, onion, mushroom and peppers in it. I did sprinkle the top with cheese though. Cam see me having a few omelettes

Hi claire,

Sorry not replied sooner - lost the thread - still a bit new on this site and i cant even get a profile pic up - site says i dont have any privileges!! I would love to have a buddy. I need the adivse and help. I have done sw before but only ever for a few days at the most - this time is different. Should I post a thread with my diary? Hope you ok and doing well.

love ann-marie
x

Back