FRIDAY GIRLS

Gem-I know this is all so unexpected. I'm not sure what's wrong with me, not complaining tho :D

Wannabe-calorie counting here, nothing special.

Hobbesy-Thanksies :) Hopefully you'll have a loss this week but auntie Irma can be very stubborn at times lol.

I think it's a great boost for a week or two but wouldn't expect big losses to continue with a calorie counting diet. Steady losses of 1-3 lbs are usual on this type of diet.

VLCD losses are greater because they endeavour to pack all the nutrients into their product. In all other diets it is important to maintain a balanced diet to achieve healthy weightloss.

It is well known that if you continue to eat under the required amount of calories the body will go on starvation mode and slow down the matabolism - the rate you burn fuel. A lowered basic metabolic rate can have the effect of putting the brakes on weightloss - resulting in sts or actual weight gain!

Good luck finding the right balance. With the right balance and your head in the right place (not like mine at the moment) you can achieve steady weightloss, thus fostering a healthy lifestyle and attitude to food x

Yeah you're right :) I've been eating 1200-1300 calories a day, mind you not always very strict and I've been losing 2 pounds a week on average. I try to walk as much as possible so it's ok. I think my non-strictness + exercise are compensating for each other.

I think I sts'ed two weeks in a row before my -7 which might explain that crazy number. You know, the body and its weird ways, totm, etc. I don't know. I think I'm doing the right thing :) Happy, not frustrated, only motivated. Let's hope I keep on losing 2lbs/week, I'd be very pleased.

Hopefully you'll also find the right balance Gem, it's so much harder than it sounds x

Also sometimes your body just has to re-adjust to the new weight (kinda taking time to re-distribute, hence the inch loss). If you've been exercising you will have put on muscle which weighs heavier than fat. I think you are doing really well x

Oh does it? Well, my exercise consists of walking everywhere, some sporadic stretches and the odd jog. Not sure how much muscle I'm gaining...

I'm not too fussy about muscle, it kind of disgusts me lol. But yeah, as long as it's not flab, I'll believe Gem :)

Excited to see everybody's results tomorrow! x

Peachy - when I say muscle, I don't mean those great rippling things. You need to build muscle for strength and to be "toned up". It makes everything feel and look firmer. It's the over-developed muscles that you're thinking of I reckon x

Gem- Yeah, just muscle in general doesn't appeal to me. I know it doesn't have to be that kind but still haha.

Right guys, I am feeling sooooooo rough. Had a really good night last night and have drunk far too much, was sick, am completely dehydrated, have a headache, and have tons of work due in today that is not finished. I thought I was gonna go out, be reasonable, have a nice time and be productive in the morning.

Nope, no such thing happened. Instead I actually got wasted and got with this really nice bloke. Not that I've ever done that or that I ever thought I would but yeah, the weight loss has apparently given me confidence/is now attracting men. The sheer amount of men that talked to me last night... was completely unprecedented. And my particular guy kept saying I had amazing curves, score me. My friends were all baffled haha. Seeing particular guy tonight too for proper date. Weeeeeeeeee.

Anyyyyway, not to tell you my life story (which I basically did, sorry if it's tmi) but yeah, for all of the above, I am NOT weighing in this morning cos I am absolutely petrified and I'm certain it wouldn't be accurate. Let's just leave it at my cheeky mid-week weigh in of -2 and it's all going to be alright eventually. Somehow I'll manage through the day. Uuuuuugggggh.

Peachy -2lbs

Yay Peachy - get you! I'm not weighing in this week either cos I've had a yuk week and don't wanna go there. I've picked up the pieces now though and will be back on form next Friday.

Regards to the muscle - you just can't avoid it - it's what keeps your skeleton from falling in a heap on the floor after all. Better the fat turns to muscle as muscle is much healthier. Get used to being a beautiful toned woman - they guys seem to like it after all x

1lb loss for me this week and a shiny new silver body magic sticker.

Peachy -2lbs
Kookie -1lb

Gem-Haha I know, what's wrong with me this week. Not really 'toned' but might get there. As I said, it's much better than flab which needs to go go go!

Well done Kookie :)

Well done Kookie x

And Peachy - may your skeleton stand erect and beautifully supported x

Hey, it's sts for me this week, I'm just glad I haven't put on after take aways and a random night out (well night out that started at 2pm haha) on wednesday!

Peachy -2lbs
Kookie -1lb
Sugar - sts

1lb on for me :sign0007: I have been a complete chocoholic so am not complaining !!

Peachy -2lbs
Kookie -1lb
Sugar - sts

caws +1lb

Never mind Caws - there's always next week x

Well totm never arrived (obviously just spotty, hormonal and bloated for no apparent reason!) so its -1lb for me. That's a whole stone now! :D

Peachy -2lbs
Kookie -1lb
Sugar - sts

caws +1lb
hobbesy-1lb

STS although in my defense i think its muscle lol. Been working hard this week and im sore in muscles i didnt even know i had lol. Here's to next week!

Peachy -2lbs
Kookie -1lb
Sugar - sts

caws +1lb
hobbesy-1lb
Red STS

Back