FRIDAY GIRLS

Can I join please?
had my 1st weigh in and I lost 31b.. could have done more, as I am wading my way through a box of thorntons that I got for christmas, I allow myself 2 chocs a day..
I would recommend Onken fat free vanilla yogurt .. a serving of that for pudding is lovely.. x

Gemstone said:
Hi Red - Where have you been? I thought you'd fallen out of love with Friday Girls. The line-up has changed a little but we're still here and I'm just about to get back on the road so watch this space in the next month ;) It looks like you are doing really well on your journey so we look forward to watching you hit your goal this year :D

We all get weeks like that but they pass. Is there anything you can pin-point that contributes to the bloating? Could you be retaining water, time of month etc.? Either way don't worry - just keep going x

Well done Taz - one every week is 52 in a year so that can't be bad can it x

Could be a fluctuation Nomad or fluid. You know your swollen knee has fluid so there could possibly be retention elsewhere. Keep the smile of success on you lips and really believe it x

Welcome Anne and good luck for this mornings weigh in. x

Good luck everyone x

Taz - 1lb
Nomad + 0.25

Thank you :) ...... STS and did the EE 100% grrrrrrrr ....

hi, i'm not really sure were i should post for my weigh ins.
i started on slimming world (at home) but sort of did ww aswell so i'm doing both but neither so thought i would weigh in here, hope its ok.

i began my diet on a saturday but feels unnatural as i've always weighed in fridays before (serial dieter) i've joined this forum as this time, im going to finish what i started.

anyway i'm rambling :D

weight loss this week 1lb

hi everyone. ive a few pounds to lose so is it ok if i join you for friday weigh-ins? ive got 1st 10lbs to lose as of my first weigh in this morning...oh dear lol

h x

Can I join please?
had my 1st weigh in and I lost 31b.. could have done more, as I am wading my way through a box of thorntons that I got for christmas, I allow myself 2 chocs a day..
I would recommend Onken fat free vanilla yogurt .. a serving of that for pudding is lovely.. x

:welcome: lovely Newbys x

Taz: - 1lb
Nomad: + 0.25
fortyandfat: -4lb
miss bee: -3lb
Thinnerforever: - 1.5lbs
Rosie Lee: -1lb
Jellyzz: -3lbs
Suzibell: -3lbs
Anne2705: STS

Welcome to all newbies and well done everyone else on your amazing losses :D I’ve yet to weigh in as waiting for new batteries for my scales – get them when dad gets in tonight.
Looks like fortyandfat is on the way to another balloon though! Woo hoo!! ;)

We all get weeks like that but they pass. Is there anything you can pin-point that contributes to the bloating? Could you be retaining water, time of month etc.? Either way don't worry - just keep going x

Hi Gem yeah Im due this week plus been drinking a lot of water lately, so could be that also bread seems to make me feel bloated even though I mailnly have wholemeal. if I have an occasional nice crusty white roll then I feel like Ive eaten a massive roast :eek:

Last edited:
Hi everyone well done on all your losses. Sorry Im posting late I dont get in from work til 9 ish on a fri eve so sometimes cant post til late fri or sometimes sat.

Anyway I stayed the same this week so bit disappointed :sigh:

Was good at work today though opted for a bowl of fruit salad after lunch instead of the choccy bar I was craving.

Hi Gem yeah due in few days but often feel bloated. been drinking more water since started SW in the last 2 weeks. Bread really bloats me out so trying to have less even though its wholemeal.

If I dare to have a nice white tiger roll my stomach thinks its had a roast dinner so dont have them often anymore.

How do you delete a post? I posted a thread and the quote didnt work then the whole thing disappeared so had to re write it now it wont let me delete one so its now written twice derr complications sems so simple to delete but somethigs not going right with it.

Now it appears I cant spell either.... oh well its getting really late, long day. Sleepy time :sigh2:

Now it appears I cant spell either.... oh well its getting really late, long day. Sleepy time :sigh2:

Don't worry - you haven't really confused us - I'm sure we all understand what you're trying to say.

Lots of people get bloated with bread and TOM is the worst time for weight gain - when I had eggs :p I used to put on anything up to 3 or 4lb just before the big release. Fluctuations happen and that's why I feel we shouldn't get too hung up on the numbers - use them as a general trend guide to chart your progress.

STS at TOM is a good result - be pleased with it x

Here is the updated list. I'm putting myself on the end as I am not really scale dodging - just not doing anything about it for a couple of weeks. Then its showtime x

Karen: STS
Gem: SD ;)

Hey all - well done on the losses. It's a 3lb loss for me this week - sorry for the late post but couldn't get online yesterday! :rolleyes:

Something wrong with my scales, put new batteries in and the display went blank. Hmm - I'll update my weight asap! ;) I'm not scale dodging either :D
Well done everyone on your losses ;)

Karen: STS
Gem: SD ;)
Miss V: -3lbs
Miss Mango: STS (totm)

EDIT: Just weighed in. STS, which is to be expected as its TOTM so I'm not too fussed, better than a gain :D

Last edited:
Of course you can join us - just have to work out what to call you x

Well done fortyandfat - way to go hunnie :D

Well done minkai and welcome to the thread! :)

Back