Fried Eggs??

eye6769

Vegetarian who lives2eat
Ok think its fair to say that a lot of us struggle with fried eggs, it is difficult to fry an egg with just a few sprays of frylite. I have tried many methods of getting the perfect egg, I really dislike the brown edge that you get , that paperthin edge the goes all rubbery yuk. Anyway think I have cracked it, haha. The way I have them now is a cross between fried and poached, but you get a perfect fried egg everytime. In a non stick frying pan spray frylight and add about an half an inch of water , heat up and add eggs, put lid on and cook for a couple mins with lid on, i like whites cooked and yolks runny and this is great for that , but if you like your yolks hard then its great as the bottom of egg doesnt burn. Looks just like a fried egg , happiness restored.

I like the crispy edge on an egg, but sometimes only a poached one will do. I take the spray part off my frylight and tip the oil in that way so I get a decent quantity of oil in...not sure it's allowed, bit it hasn't effected me yet :)

I like my eggs very very runny. So a couple of sprays of frylight, low heat, fry on one side for about 30 seconds, flip it over fry for another 30 seconds then on my plate.

It doesn't stay in the pan long enough to get the brown bottom/edge :D

xx

oohhh Mrs V , crispy eggs , makes me go all shivery , funny isnt it we all so different , think its something to do with how our Mums cooked our food? did you Mum do crispy eggs?

I like my eggs very very runny. So a couple of sprays of frylight, low heat, fry on one side for about 30 seconds, flip it over fry for another 30 seconds then on my plate.

It doesn't stay in the pan long enough to get the brown bottom/edge :D

xx
You might as well crack the egg straight onto the plate, :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I've never found it a problem to get a nice runny fried egg using Frylight. I just use a couple of sprays of Frylight, heat the pan up, add the egg and leave a minute or so until cooked.

I think the key is a decent non-stick frying pan!

I would have thought it was a lot more than that, funny isnt it we get it into our heads that you can fry in oil, but half a syn is really good, will stick to my way though and save the syns for goodies at the end of the week.

From the book: "Eggs, fried in fat, each 0.5" - on all plans

I've never found it a problem to get a nice runny fried egg using Frylight. I just use a couple of sprays of Frylight, heat the pan up, add the egg and leave a minute or so until cooked.

I cook mine the same but I find the trick is to wait until the pan is smoking hot before cracking the egg into it then I turn the heat right down until the white is cooked before giving it a couple more sprays then flip it for about 10 seconds.

You hit the nail on the head when you mentioned a decent frying pan. I've always enjoyed cooking so about 5 yrs ago I invested in a set of good quality pans - 3 saucepans, a milk pan, a wok and a large and small frying pan. They cost me just short of £200 and they were half their normal retail price from TK Max. They don't owe me any money at all but the wok and they frying pans have all seen better days now so a couple of weeks ago I found a saute pan on ebay and its the best one I've ever had!! The inside of the pan appears to be the same material as the grill plates on my George Foreman and nothing sticks to it and its so easy to clean. Well worth the money I paid for it. This is the one I got.

BERNDES CAST ALUMINIUM 24cm NON STICK SAUTE FRYING PAN | eBay

yum yum eggs. I agree about the quality of the frying pan, I have a really old pan that I use but it is awesome! Tried to use frylight to fry an egg @ my mums and it was awful!

Yes pans are important, but think that a lot of others factors are important , like heat , type of fuel, all makes a difference when cooking. I really dont like flipping my eggs over when I fry them, thats why I put the lid on because then the top sort of steams.

Yes pans are important, but think that a lot of others factors are important , like heat , type of fuel, all makes a difference when cooking. I really dont like flipping my eggs over when I fry them, thats why I put the lid on because then the top sort of steams.

I never flip my eggs over when cooking them and they still cook really well.

I've cooked them perfectly at home on a gas hob and while at my parents' on an electric hob and they''ve been fine every time, although very occasionally they do stick slightly at my parents' but that's more to do with their ancient frying pans that have seen far better days!

Maybe I've just managed to find that 'sweet spot' to get them spot on. If so, don't ask me what the heck it is, not got a clue!

i usually poach them...but i will try the fry lite / poach the next time

Has anyone found that frylight ruins your frying pan and baking trays? I have spoiled two good quality pans and have had to replace my baking trays several times, luckly they are quite cheap in the super market.

Back