friend wanted

How did WI go hun?

Hi there mum24 and everyone, My weigh in - i lost 7lbs so that's really good. Also feeling so much better the past 2 days. Although I'm still craving food, I'm not starving. Got the bars tonight. After wi, went with my husband to Borders, had a tea with a bar and glass of water and felt absolutely stuffed. They taste very fattening actually. I think these will make life easier although I noticed on another thread i wrote some people are saying you don't lose as much on them. I'll give it a try anyway. How's everyone else getting on? Mum24, i hope your feeling better now. I think this diet will be like that - full of ups and downs as it is difficult but it will all be worth it in the end! Broxi xxx

ETA: I wrote this post before realising that there was another page of everyone's posts! So I didn't realise people had been chatting today. Duh! I'm glad you're feeling less starving Broxi, I can't wait to try the bars. Might stick to one or two per week but we'll see!

How is everyone today? I'm just coming to the end of day 4 and for the last two days, I've felt very weepy in the evenings :(
But, I weighed myself this evening (even though I said I wouldn't weigh every day, I have been!) and I've lost at least six pounds. In four days!! Suddenly, staring at my family eating their lovely dinners while I try to eke out my soup until they're finished seems worthwhile :D

Hi Nicola, I did this before and only lasted a few days as i got weepy. But that feeling definitely passes. I think I was actually grieving food before. Just take it a day at a time. Also I don't know if you're very fat but I am and when i eat i feel very bloated and horrible actually so when i'm tempted i remember that feeling and it's easier for me. When i'm depressed I either come on here or i go to bed with a good book. You will be better very soon xxx

A good book or a good man! Only kidding!

:) heh, good man indeed. I've been going to bed very early too, which is why I haven't been on the forum for a few days (usually go on the computer just before bed). But tonight I feel buoyed up by my current weight loss, especially since the little info bar that shows all your weight info in this forum is saying I've almost lost a whole BMI point. Yay! And you've lost over a whole point too :)

I feel the same way about food. One christmas I ate so much xmas dinner than I actually felt like I was in pain! How sad. I wouldn't mind so much if I could honestly say that was just the festive spirit and that I'm usually much better with my eating habits, but no :eek:

Hi Nicola, I can honestly say I am addicted to food. I eat huge meals and can't stop. I get like that. My stomach actually hurts its so big. At least that's not happening now! I also constantly put weight on. I almost never stay the same. This diet will hopefully break all these things for us. And we are both doing really well so far.

yup, I'm hoping that once I can prove to myself I can go without conventional food for a while, I will be able to convince myself I don't have to eat my own body weight each day :) It was the same when I went vegetarian, I had to do it "cold turkey" (pardon the pun!) but I managed and I've never cheated back onto meat since.

I really need to go to bed now as I promised myself only 30 mins on the computer and I've already doubled that, but I'll speak to you later. Hope you have a good day tomorrow!

Morning girls!

Well done on your 7lb loss Broxi-that's fantastic!

Nicola were both on the same day--day 5 today for us both and i got weighed yesterday (day 4) and had also lost 6lb so thats good.

Iam feeling better today, not so weak and dizzy and although i am hungry,nothing like yesterday, got weighed and lost another 1lb so it is worth it even though it is so hard at times.

Well im out most of the day today, got playgroup, mums for dinner (taking porridge) and then my DD staring school nursery at 1:30 so have to go with her there for an hr visit.

Good luck for the day ahead xx

Hi girls, Im on day 14 I think and have started to sneak the odd kit kat in and 1/2 a biscuit so will have to stop doing that! I dont think im in ketosis anymore as i have to take lactulose as really really constipated and nothing else works, tried everything else! As lactulose has some sugar in it, it must have taken me out of ketosis but im still being fairly good just frustrated with myself as im only on week 2. Anyway weigh in is on saturday morning, so am going to try and be extra good. :)

I too would like some friends to support me on the journey. I haven't yet started. I want to start on Friday or Saturday, really wanting Friday to be the weigh in day so I'm hopeful on getting my packs tomorrow evening. Im even going to travel across the county to get them!

I have severe pain in my jaw today, went to dentist yesterday for an emergency appointment - he couldnt see anything wrong, but he decided to drill out two old fillings and refill them anyway. Its never good when you can still feel the pain when the rest of your face is numb under anethetic (if thats how you spell it!).

So today, after another sleepless night, I am going to the doctors in the hope that they will be able to give me something. Its so random, can have excrutiating pain for 10-15 mins and then the pain will fade n not come back for half an hour to an hour. Grrrrrr!

Hi everyone, How are you all today?
Carolyn, don't take lactolose. It is sugar syrup and will certainly take you out of ketosis so there is no point in you doing diet while taking that. I always suffer from constipation. I think the most effective are Dulcalax but they can be quite severe so take them when you have no work the next day. You probably wont be going much just now anyway as you're eating so little.
Hi Shelz, hope your mouth gets better soon. i can't bear pain like that. I'd fix that before starting!
I'm not feeling so great today. I've already had my 3rd meal and it's only 4.30. I think my period is coming tho as my boobs sore and i feel really bad tempered - just been horrible to my husband.
I'm lookin forward to bank hol weekend. I'm off fri and mon so hopefully going camping if weather is ok. if not i'll just stay here on forum all weekend! Really feel like eating today- got a bit overwhelming actually. but not done it so far.
hope you're all getting on ok xxx

Im sick! Still feeling ravenous and thinking is it worth it. Only lost 3lbs in 5days (7lbs loss on a morning) and as I get weighed at 6:30 pm on a Fri night i know i'll weigh the heaier amount. If I only lose 3-4lbs think i'll rethink as can do slimming world for £5 a week and lose that and still eat!

Hi mum24, Just posted you on other thread. DO NOT GIVE UP!!! SW is enjoyable but it took me a year to lose a stone and a half and i put it all back on in about 4 months. Also there is a huge difference in me from morning to night - that is why we shouldn't keep looking at scales. U will definitely lose ur weight a lot quicker on this and you will def lose it. You're not too heavy though really. Aslo don't drink much before ur weigh in and u'll be amazed - i bet you've lost more than 3 lbs! xxx

Thanks hun. Just having a bad day! Im not gonna give in, i want to lose the weight just need the hunger to go and i'll be fine.xx

I'm having bad day too as i think my period is coming and i've felt hungry. but for me since Sunday i didn't really feel too hungry so you should get better soon.

Fingers crossed! The things us girls put ourselves through eh!

Hi broxi and mumto4, I hope you're both feeling a little better now. I haven't lost any weight today either :-( that means I'll probably weigh myself every hour of the evening until the scales say something nice ;-)
Maybe try a good cup of black tea or coffee to help fill your stomach a little?

Im actually feeling ok now. Had a think and a hot bath and think im feeling a bit down because CD is something so alien to me. I know I can do it and I want to lose 2 stone by 7th July as that is my daughters 2nd bday and we have a BBQ for it- and yes I WILL be eating. See how i feel then, i might feel ok to stop CD or continue to lose the other stone. Im just going to go on my clothes and the second i can get a 10 on comfortably, Im stopping.

please stick with this we started the same time and i want to see this through with you. i did sw and lost 1 1/2 stone after having my son, then gained 3 stone in 9 months, i still ate loads and lost weight but then i tried normal food and still ate like i was a 7ft man lol. I have to learn less is more ...im hungry now, so gonna have a nice coffee and bed xxx

Back