friend wanted

The other concern i have is apparently our metabolism can slow right down so when we go onto maintenance we have to be so careful or it will go straight back on. Wonder if anyone knows about this?

Found this on the Cambridge website...

What is metabolic rate and can it be damaged by rapid weight loss?

The metabolic rate represents the amount of energy the body is burning – it is the rate at which calories are used. Regardless of how you diet or how often, your metabolic rate is primarily determined by how much you weigh (see next question). In all methods of dieting there is an initial small reduction in metabolic rate by about 10-15%, this phase is known as ‘diet mode’. It drops quickly when food is restricted and particularly on the ‘Sole Source’ programme, but it drops no further despite a prolonged period of further food deprivation. The metabolic rate returns to ‘normal mode’ when food intake returns to the appropriate amount for the actual energy expended to maintain the new weight. A lighter body will not need so many calories to move it round and will establish a metabolic rate appropriate to the new weight.

Thank you for posting that. It is very reassuring - I must have just eaten too much of the wrong foods to have put my weight back on - it just seems a lot of people do too. Anyway this time determined not to and if i put some on in maintenance, then I will do shakes to even things out. :)

Hi everyone, how are we all this morning?
Day 6 and I feel much better today than yesterday and I've lost another pound - that's 8 so far (that's if my scales are correct but get my wi on Tues)
What's happening with everyone today? I'm going to go out cos I've been stuck in depressed and obsessing but feel different today. Also realised in 2 weeks people should start to notice difference.

Broxi, are you a serial scale hopper too? Im obsessed, going on them a few times a day. Have toyed with the idea of giving them to DH to keep ion his van but I can't yet. Well since Fri night (when i met my CDC for the 1st time) I have lost 4lb- Know its mostly water but heyho its going down!

Hope you have a nice day whatever you do, not sure what i'm doing, DH is at work got rid of one kid this afty so may go to the park with the other 3.

x

hi everyone, i would like to join you all along your journeys, i have about 6 and a half stone to loose, have a 2 year old and promised i would not be a fat mum, but i am... really want to change this.
im on day 2 and already 2lb down :), if i lost between 2-4lb a week i would be on the right track, so bigger losses will hopefully motivate me more. good luck everyone,
claira x ;)

Hi Claira, good for you! Hopefully we'll have even bigger losses than 2-4lb per week :)
Broxi, I'm glad you're feeling better today. I went to bed early yesterday (day 1) because my tummy was rumbling and I couldn't face more water, but I feel better this morning. I've been up an hour and still not too hungry. I'm going to wait until I actually do get hungry to have my porridge and try to have all of my meals later on so I don't get as hungry in the evening when the parents are having whatever lovely dinner my dad makes. It'll be worth it in the end I say!

Hi Claira,
Glad you’re sorting your weight out now. I wish I had 18 years ago when my son was small.
I wish you all the luck in the world on your journey, we’ll be following you success.

Hi Claira and everyone,
Glad you're doing this too. I think you'll lose much more weight than that. If you read people's blogs etc weight losses on cd are phenominal!
Liked the article about metabolism - really helpful. I did CD 25 years ago to get from 8 stone to 7 stones! I put it all on quickly but to be fair that would have been way too low for me but i was 21. But that article shows that only if you give up quickly it will be a problem - another reason for sticking to it.
I've been out big walk with dog and going to church tonight - all week i've hidden away but i feel much better today- my life is back!
Relations in who were negative about diet. everyone says, "eat less exercise more" - well if it was that simple I'd be thin!
how is everyone else getting on today? Broxi xxx

I was a bit grumpy this morning when hubby decided he needed 2 breakfasts! He had cornflakes and then a bagel with cream cheese - which just happens to be my favourite thing... I had to leave the room while he ate it, but I've stayed 100%.

Taking it day by day and keeping going. It's hard to leave the house - needing to run to the loo all the time is getting to me. Hopefully that will settle down soon when my body is used to the new level of water intake.

Off for another glass of water now :)

Keep going everyone, we can do it!

thanks everyone, my dh and son sat and ate pudding at the garden centre today whilst i had coffee, it never tasted sooo good, i like what mumto4 has on her posts... nothing tastes as good as being slim feels..... gonna tell myself that every day...x

I've felt great today. But tonight really struggled with thinking about food as very hungry.
How are you getting on Zoe?

Morning girls. I'm feeling really good this morning, feeling very positive. I'm at the hospital later for my occupational health screening for uni, im nerous as have to have a blood test and a course of Heb B jabs and im sooooo scared of needles it's unreal!
That's keeping my mind off food lol

Morning all, hope you are all well and fighting fit. :woohoo:
The start of another day on CD, one day closer to been fabulous :superwoman:

Hi broxi, I am struglling in the evenings too but I am determined not to give in. Just had my 1st weigh in this morning and lost 13lbs so feel even more determined to stick at it again for this week. Keep going. Zoe xx

:)Hi Broxi
Well done for choosing CD. I'm so pleased I found it and began 10 weeks ago. I've tried every diet under the sun and did manage to loose 3 stone some 10 years ago with WW but put it all back on.
Like you, I'm very short so any extra weight really shows. I've been working closely with my GP who has encouraged me to start and maintain a very low calorie diet as my metabolism is very slow.
So far so good, although I do agree weekends are the worst. However, seeing the weight come off is such an incentive and my health is benefitting which is the most important thing.
I made up my mind that this time is the last time for dieting - I don't want to be 60 and fat!
Good luck on your journey - you'll get there, especially with the help of the forums and all the great people out there just like us. xx

Hi Lynda, Zoe, mum24, Nicola,Hannah, Curlywurly, miss mallow,emma, claira, dotty, lazy daisy,
How are you all getting on. I've not heard from some of you for a few days. What's happening with you all? Any more weight losses? I'm feeling much better now on my 2nd week now. Wi tonight. How are you all coping?
much love to all xxx

Good luck with your weigh in hun, what time is it at? Sorry not been about today, been out and had friends over/ Struggling today as you know but i'm not going to give in. Got weighed this morning and had lost 6lbs since Fri night but got weighed again about an hour ago and only lost 3lbs lol As if water is so heavy! I know i shouldn't weigh myself but i can't help it. Not taking any notice of it though, just gonna wait till Friday. Will I stop feeling hungry once ketosis kicks in? Thought it would of kicked in by now!

Hiya mum24, good to hear from you. I feel a million times better today and yesterday than I have so far. Im going to wi right now. If you're on later would be good to chat xxx

yeah defo hun x

Back