Friends needed :-)

Hi, I found this thread while looking for inspiration and lo and behold I am in the same position as you! I was really ill 3 weeks ago, lost 7lbs in 3 days as could not eat, then lost another pound. Now appetite is back have promptly gained 4 lbs. I was asking myself if it is all worth it!! I guess we need to pull ourselves up by our bootstraps. Don't lose heart, perhaps we are just fluctuating LOL.....I am going to be exemplary today (says she). :sigh:

4lbs on. I'm gutted - I know I haven't been 100% but I have been trying my hardest with a few little slips. Maybe this is a hangover from last week when I fell off the wagon badly. It's really de-motivated me and as I'm struggling with things in general this has really knocked me. I've got a busy weekend as well where it's going to be a real struggle to stay anywhere near on plan. Help! I'm close to saying sod it and giving up. :cry:

Happened to me last week - gained 3 lbs when I got back from a short holiday. I'd not been terribly off plan, but I had relaxed a lot...

Got straight back into it the morning after getting home and I felt 100% better after two days of eating "proper" food again. I slept better, the pf came back (blessed be the pf!) and I just knew I was doing myself good.

100% on plan last week - used 80/105 syns - result? 3.5lbs off this week. Feel amazing.

Why are you doing this? What do you want to achieve? Are you going to do it by giving up? Don't! We're all here to support you and we all know that life gets in the way sometimes. Jump back on that wagon, young lady :flowers:

4lbs on. I'm gutted - I know I haven't been 100% but I have been trying my hardest with a few little slips. Maybe this is a hangover from last week when I fell off the wagon badly. It's really de-motivated me and as I'm struggling with things in general this has really knocked me. I've got a busy weekend as well where it's going to be a real struggle to stay anywhere near on plan. Help! I'm close to saying sod it and giving up. :cry:

No I gave up and look where it got me...another stone to lose. As much as I needed that time out I regret it now. Like you said it might be from the week before. So be good this week and will probably be a great loss. And try and remember why you love the diet and why you want this.

I want this because.....I have never been slim, I want to know how it feels to be normal

And I love the diet because.... I can lose weight eating bacon and eggs, curry, kebab, chips and I am never hungry :)

A good moment, a resident at work gave me a bar of chocolate last night. It could be because I am tired and have been awake 28 hours but happily gave it to my son when I got home :) And I love chocolate ha

I know you are all right and it's thanks to my minimins friends that I am still here. It's a relief to know I can come and talk to people who know what it's like. I'm worried that this weekend will get out of hand, on top of my gain, with everything I am doing. Like today - I have to go car shopping with my dad as mine is beyond repair and about to become illegal! This was only arranged yesterday evening when I managed to get the time off work so I've not had a chance to prepare and have food with me; tomorrow I am going out for a meal as it's the bf's mother's birthday and Saturday I'm going to a masked ball - body magic but naughty snacks to be resisted. Any suggestions for how to stay in control and not start a negative slide. Sorry - I know I'm ranting on and I apologise.

edited to say: I want this because....I want to feel good about myself and like how I look in all my clothes.

I like sw because.... I can eat yummy food and have discovered recipes I'd never thought of plus it makes me feel better eating this way as well as losing weight.

Last edited:
No Charlie please don't give up! Remember I was in that boat a couple weeks ago and I was so close to throwing in the towel but you made me come back!

You have been out running this week and also Particular with the doctor changing things around that is more than likely the reason for it, hormones are strange things. I always find more exercise shows a gain initially and then a loss. With the runs make sure you are getting enough water because you may be just dehydrated too!

You will have no bother getting doggie to pick up d running, he'll love getting out with you!

For the w/end I would say be on track up until you go there and have some prep done for the day after, I like to have my chips r wedges made and n the fridge ready to put into the actifry r oven. Leave them in some spices and the BBQ fry light for a bit off a marinade. Then you have you bad food for your hangover but it's not really bad! And most importantly eat before you go so you won't be overrating there!!

At least you went Charlie and for that you should be proud of yourself. I didnt go last night because I knew I'd gained and thats the worst thing you can do!

I have another week where I'm out eating and drinking twice so will also find it hard (and am starting on back foot already with missing weigh in, I might actually drag myself to the saturday morning class)

We just need to try really hard at the times when we can be good - damage limitation

My weigh in is not until Monday morning but just got on the scales and am going up not down! I am in a bit of a panic and feel quite depressed but then that could be post virus. Having been so ill.

But then 2 1/2 years of caring for husband with cancer, 2 major ops, chemo, radiotherapy, more chemo, juggling hospital appointments and chasing them up. Up in the middle of the night frantic and pacing the floor I suppose something had to give and it was me!

He is now in better condition than me. Moan over. No more self pity. I ate myself up and now gonna eat myself back down. :rolleyes:

I don't go to group Jen as I live in the middle of nowhere, so doing this by myself with lots of help from my minimins friends. But I think you're right - we just need to make the best choices we can when life gets in the way.

Thanks runmammyrun. I know you're right and I need to stick at it - there are quite a few times in the last few weeks that I have thought about not bothering anymore but I come on here and know I have people to talk to and it keeps me going. It's hard as I'm battling depression again so negative things, like a gain, are even more difficult to cope with. You could be right about the hormones; I'm now back on anti-depressants as well so will give it a couple of weeks for everything to settle down.

Wow solange, you've had a lot to deal with and sounds like so much to organise without planning food as well. But together we can do this.

Dear Charlie
So sorry to hear you suffer from depression and I can totally sympathise. I have thought about anti depressants myself but after being put on valium when young and getting addicted for 6 years I am scared.
I guess I am lucky that mine passes over in time.

Many best wishes and I shall look out for you and thinking of you. :bighug:

Dear Charlie
So sorry to hear you suffer from depression and I can totally sympathise. I have thought about anti depressants myself but after being put on valium when young and getting addicted for 6 years I am scared.
I guess I am lucky that mine passes over in time.

Many best wishes and I shall look out for you and thinking of you. :bighug:

Thank you. I wasn't going to mention it but feel like the people, particularly on this thread, are becoming friends so thought it would explain a bit more where I'm coming from. I have been trying to stay off the meds after taking them last over a year ago and doing reasonably well. But recently in spite of all the stuff I'm doing that they recommend - exercising, getting out in the fresh air, trying not to sleep through the day, and getting back on SW to help me feel better about myself - I still have too many times when I completely can't cope and the slightest thing sends me into a mental meltdown or a panic attack. Unfortunately I am an emotional eater and reach for the chocolate and cream when I get low, plus I'm not sleeping well so feel the need for a chocolate boost when I feel exhausted.

Anyway, sorry to blather on. I want to say how much I appreciate the support from you guys on here.

I think we are going through a rough time at the minute. I know have had a hellish few months. And while it has been tough no matter what I haven't been able to focus on this. But now I seem to have found peace with my son's autism diagnosis, love the new job and no longer stressed and am generally chilled out. We are always broke and car failed mot to the tune of £400 and even that didn't stress me. When I am good I am good but when I am bad I am terrible. And I am the same with food. My best advice for everyone is drawer a line. If you know you will be bad this weekend then delay your line ha.

I managed the gym last night and was so proud of myself after 37 hours awake. Just did cardio though. Saw my trainer who asked how weight was, oops. He is very black and white and does my head in sometimes. No excuse is acceptable. He is lovely but you can tell he has never had any weight issues.

And then my male best friend is very similar and we were talking about the gym this morning. He is a very ripped, good looking, fit, healthy guy. He said this morning I wouldn't be happy if I was a size 8 and he is right. We all need to learn to be happy with ourselves. Well today I am happy with my hard work this week. Surely that is progress??

Dear Charlie, Fraggle and all
I hope I didn't say too much but I just had to say something or burst with frustration! Lots of positives going on amongst things. You are a lovely lot of people and I count myself lucky to have found you.
I have got a grip today and am sure I can get my head together enough to get this weight under control. At least we all have a common cause!!
Fraggle, the last time I was a size 8 was probably when I was 8! I have always been a big girl even when I weighed 9 stone something. Big shoulders, capacious bosom, you name it I had it. I will just enjoy being light enough to be back healthy again. Think I have just messed up this message. Hope not! :rolleyes:

No you didn't say too much solange. We might not have personal experience of everything you have to cope with but we are all here to lose weight so in that respect know what you're going through. Everyone needs to vent occasionally and that's what we're here for!

Well, I well and truly fell off the wagon yesterday but I'm back on it today! I feel really yuck this morning too - must remember this feeling! With everything that's been going in the last few days I've got out of being organised and prepared so I'm up this morning to sort myself out. I'm up at 5am tomorrow and out all day showing my pony so packing lots of SW friendly food with a few naughties.

How is everyone else getting on? I hope you are all having a good weekend.

Hi Charlie
Glad you sound on the up despite a yuk day yesterday and sorting your food out for the day tomorrow. Must say I do enjoy the planning. Hope you have a great time. :)

One more day til weigh in and am doing great but the batteries have gone on my scales so not jumped on the scales at all at home and it's killing me. I don't like surprises ha ha. Went to an emergency services fun day yesterday and resisted all food yay. Got lots to do today though and want to fit in a gym workout. Feel so guilty going on a Sunday when everyone is home though :-(

Hi all, hope the weekend has been good to all. Firstly welcome solange, good to have you on board.

Charlie I'm so happy you stuck with it and jealous to see how organised you are for the week ahead. Needless to say I'm not as organised! I'm sorry to hear about worries but we are here to vent and make use of us! Enjoy the show!

Fraggle I know it's hard to go to the gym when they are all at home but it's a little bit off time for you enjoy it!

I have managed to put 3lbs on. :cry: Just can't seem to get a grip yet. Get waves of worry about husband and until he can get a scan will not know for sure if he is clear of cancer. Still no excuse though.

I think you're all doing amazingly considering problems that you're battling. We all want to be thinner/fitter etc but in the scale of things its really not the most important thing in life.

I had a great weekend though not for sw!!! Far too much food and drink. back on the straight and narrow now

Back