" friends " who needs them lol

angelupnorth

Gold Member
Afternoon all,

As you know I've dropped 21lb in 3 weeks and EVERYONE has commented despite me not saying I am trying.

I met up with one of my best friends today who I've not seen for a couple of weeks and she didn't utter a word about the obvious difference in my shape / size !

I am so angry / cheesed off but also have decided that I will use today as even more of a incentive to keep me on track. At some point she is going to have no option but to acknowledge the weight loss.

Why can people not just be happy for others ?

I wouldn't take it to heart hun, some people are just never happy. My friends just keep telling me I don't need to do it - but part of me thinks (why, would they say this, maybe they don't want me to change and grow into a more confident person?). However I would like to think that's not the case and they just accept me for the way I am. Your friend WILL notice and she will at some point have something to say, so keep at it and prove everyone wrong, like you said use it as an incentive. I have been keeping away from everyone as much as possible because I want it to be a surprise in 3 months time when I HOPEFULLY look different, 21 pounds in 3 weeks is fantastic and I am sure that you look brilliant :D xx

I had a similar experience at the weekend with my sister and a friend. I hadn't seen either of them since Christmas and was hoping for some complements on my 20lb weight loss and neither noticed :-(

Sometimes people really dont notice or are too polite to say anything. I think that sometimes people are so self absorbed they dont notice unless soemthing is really obvious or you point it out! Dont take it to heart chickie! Keep up the good work X

Quite a few people on here say friends have been unsupportive and I have seen that first hand myself and she put all 6stone back on so let it wash over you and pat yourself on the back as you are doing fab! Well done!

Aw that really annoys me when people do that.sometimes they're just so wrapped up in themselves they would notice if u stuck a rocket under them.im sure youre lookin brill.when i lost weight ln the past i noticed people commenting depending on what i wore ,ie if it was something baggy people didnt notice till i wore something tailored. keep up tin fab work youre an inspiration to us all weeks behind you x

I have lost over 50lbs since october and i can probably count with 1 hand the number of ppl who have noticed. I put it down to jealousy

My friend told me I looked like a little barrel and yet since losing 18 pounds in three weeks, lots of people have said how you can tell I have lost weight...... Guess what.... Yes except my barrel commenting friend!!!!! It makes me even more determined though!!!!!! X

Thanks everyone, I'm not taking it to heart in fact it has made me more determined to get to the stage where she will have to notice lol.

Keep up the good work, we're all doing great x

I have a friend who is a size 8 and is not asking me how I am getting on either. All she keeps saying is look how loose these are. I wanna say something but am smiling and bearing it. I am a nice person and once I have lost my weight let's see who people want to know.

yes jealousy is very sad and it especially shows when it comes to weight loss. my cousin is always pushing for us to go jogging and giving me ideas for slimming world recipes (i havent told her i'm doing cambridge) but whenever i have lost weight, she never comments and when i lost 3 stone a few years back, everyone commented, even in front of her and yet she still never mentioned anything except to say, 'why are people making out you were that big before?' as if she was trying to say that i wasnt that big (it was noticeable!) but really you could tell she didnt like the fact that i'd shifted the weight as our shapes were similar b4 my weight loss. sad really but you should just focus on yourself and the nice comments that you are actually getting. x

You know ....being jealous is actually the biggest compliment someone can give you! She obviously seen you, thought you looked fantastic but was that eaten up she couldn't bring herself to say it! Well done on your fantastic losses by the way :) xox

Really annoying but let it help your determination. Last time round I had a friend who kept telling me how small she was - I wearing a size 8 now, these jeans are a size 6, and never once commented - I found it so depressing and let it get to me - after all how could I be pleased that I was in an 18/16 when she was in an 8 - argh. I didn't see another friend for the 6 months I was on the diet and when I saw her again (8 stone lighter) she said - Oh have you been on a diet you look as if you have lost a few lbs - and she meant a few not lots....

On the other hand one of the dads in the playground told a mutual friend that he was impressed with how much weight I had lost - she told me so I said thanks to him and he said he had been scared to say it to my face in case I thought he was out of order!

Shame I went and spoilt it and let most of it go back on ;-(

Don't know why women don't want us to loose it, it doesnt seem to matter whether they are bigger or smaller than you to begin with. I have two against me doing this, the smaller one says i look fine and the bigger one says it's unhealthy and will go straight back on, well the cwp is no different to any other diets i have done i loose it then i go back to how i ate before so no wonder i put it back on and its the same no matter what diet i did, well no more this time its for keeps.
Giving your friend the benefit of the doubt sometimes i look at people and think have they lost weight but as im not sure if its that or something else so i say nothing for fear of offending if i'm wrong, obviously large weight losses are obvious lol.

Does this friend have a weight issue? I found friends of mine who did were just jealous & never supportive but also I had some people never say a word even after I'd lost 4 stone! I did eventually ask and they said they didn't know if I wanted to talk about it!! Oh and one guy said to me he wanted to say how good I looked but was worried I was ill ! It's strange people's reactions but just ignore it and focus on you!x

charlie99 said:
Does this friend have a weight issue? I found friends of mine who did were just jealous & never supportive but also I had some people never say a word even after I'd lost 4 stone! I did eventually ask and they said they didn't know if I wanted to talk about it!! Oh and one guy said to me he wanted to say how good I looked but was worried I was ill ! It's strange people's reactions but just ignore it and focus on you!x

Thanks everyone,

She does have a weight issue, me and her used to weigh the same but I'm 5,7 and she is 4,2 so the weight does make her look a lot bigger with her being small. We're away to Edinburgh Friday overnight so will be interesting to see if she says anything then :) x x x

I honestly think this is totally normal. Let her be jealous and not say anything. Let the way you look and feel do the talking.

Either she's worried she'll now be the "fat one" or If she's small she's worried you'll take some of the attention away from her. Sad but true. Don't let the *******s get you down!!

I honestly think this is totally normal. Let her be jealous and not say anything. Let the way you look and feel do the talking.

Either she's worried she'll now be the "fat one" or If she's small she's worried you'll take some of the attention away from her. Sad but true. Don't let the *******s get you down!!

Yes, hun well said that's very true :) x

Rach_25 said:
Yes, hun well said that's very true :) x

Thanks everyone :)

Yep I've had my fair share of unsupportive/jealous "friends" who are the first to tell you you've put on a few but never mention when you've lost weight. I decided a long time ago that I'm losing weight for myself, I don't really care if anyone notices or not, as long as I can see that I'm slimmer and fit my clothes nicely.

Do it for yourself hun, it doesn't matter who notices!

Back