Friends!!!!!

nictastic

Says it as it is!!!
I have found out i have fewer friends than i thought i had before starting losing weight... there are quiet a few that haven't spoken to me or even answered a call since i lost a chunk of my wieght!
Are people shallow as feck!!!

awww that is terrible nick. I think when some people see other people loosing weight it makes them a bit insecure and jealous. Forget about them hun. You have us :D

I aint fussed... i am amused by it!
As my mum would say...' they weren't real friends at all' and she is sooo right...not often i (freely) agree, but will give her that one

I think people like to have a fat friend to make themselves feel good. You know you have a true friend when they are encouraging you to lose wight and are so pleased for you when you do! I worked with a girl who lost four stone and i remember her complaining about her friends bitching about her saying she was bulimic and even said she was starving her daughter. Takes all sorts to make the world go round!

People are funny things! Its hard to get REAL GOOD FRIENDS! I am so greatful that my brothers have married 2 lovely girls - my 2 sis in laws are probably my best friends now.

I have built up a really good circle of friends from playing poker - mostly men :) but I have always had loads of male friends - but there are some really nice girls in my poker club also!

I had a best friend for years - but now our friendship is basically reduced to nothing - and differences of opion on weight loss and lifestyle have been the cause of that relationship ending. But I guess thats life - different people go different ways...

I have turned into a bit of a recluse from I put on weight and started my business... I have a really good feeling that once I get to goal and get my new wardrobe of clothes that I will be getting out and about a lot more and hope to find more cool people to hang out with!! :)

Its all cool baby... I think its good to hang out with people who share the same mindset as you. A good peer group is a great thing to have! Thats why this forum is so great cos we all share the same vision and support eachother so much...

xxxx

People are funny things! Its hard to get REAL GOOD FRIENDS! I am so greatful that my brothers have married 2 lovely girls - my 2 sis in laws are probably my best friends now.

I have built up a really good circle of friends from playing poker - mostly men :) but I have always had loads of male friends - but there are some really nice girls in my poker club also!

I had a best friend for years - but now our friendship is basically reduced to nothing - and differences of opion on weight loss and lifestyle have been the cause of that relationship ending. But I guess thats life - different people go different ways...

I have turned into a bit of a recluse from I put on weight and started my business... I have a really good feeling that once I get to goal and get my new wardrobe of clothes that I will be getting out and about a lot more and hope to find more cool people to hang out with!! :)

Its all cool baby... I think its good to hang out with people who share the same mindset as you. A good peer group is a great thing to have! Thats why this forum is so great cos we all share the same vision and support eachother so much...

xxxx

well said :)

Ah but you haven't lost any friends and they were never true friends to start with ;) xxxxx

I have found out i have fewer friends than i thought i had before starting losing weight... there are quiet a few that haven't spoken to me or even answered a call since i lost a chunk of my wieght!
Are people shallow as feck!!!
OMG, snap snap snap, totally have the same experience! I have always been the largest of the crowd, can't think of any friends that were ever bigger than me, now I'm one of the normal/smaller ones! They don't like it , no more token fat friend, I'm 33, one lady thought my mate was the older of us (she is 25) he he! Head up, chin up, they are not real friends, Real friends are the ones that are pleased for us!
T x

I must be very lucky coz my close friends have totally supported me and encouraged me. I do have a formerly close friend who became distant a couple of a years ago for another reason. I still see her occasionally and she didn't mention any weight loss when I saw her last. I'm seeing her in 3 weeks so we'll see! I am still the fat friend though, but I would so love to be in the 12's when we next get together!

x

I really dunno what the heck is going on with my 'friends' lately, one minute they're not talking to me and the next they are? Bo***x to it I say. I don't have the time nor inclination to be dealing with it or dwelling on it any more. Anyhow, as for you guys, it certainly does seem that you losing weight has set off the insecurities in the smaller friends that their 'fat friend' is shrinking which in turn makes them look bigger? lol No idea and I'm rambling now so bye lol x

Im the same one of my mates who i classed as my closest friend doesnt even speak to me anymore!!! And a lot of others people in work dont say Hi anymore xxxx

Awww Nics... sod em !

I must be dead lucky / blessed... all my friends / family / work colleagues have been so supportive & I've had loads of compliments :eek:

my mother in law didnt mention my weight loss until i was nearly at goal and then she did but it hurt all the same. my sister in law was a different matter and has been fantastic as has my close friend claire...we supported one another cause she lost weight through cd and it helped

h xx

bunch of noobs the lot of em - i say lets get a stake and start a bonfire :D

friends? would need some before any could start ignoring me

Back