Fright of my life this morning!

sugar_lipswales

Silver Member
I had the shock of my life when I saw my arms this morning! The look ok ish when they're at my sides but if I lift them up this is what I get. They're really muscly otherwise but the undersides are shot! So depressing to go from worrying about being fat to worrying about where the skin will be when I've finished lol

Attachments

• Picture0016.jpg
    Picture0016.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 134
I think our bodies slowly recover from weight loss. The excess skin will eventually shape up a bit. It's worth doing some bicep/tricep exercises to try and tone the musculature underneath. I also use moisturising and/or firming creams. Whether or not they actually work, I don't know, but it makes me feel better and that's what counts. ;)

I do tricep specific exercises in the gym and use palmers cocoa butter but still look like my arms have melted lol. I didnt think it was so bad until I saw this in the mirror.

I wouldn't panic, as you're body is young enough to recover. If you do as the others suggest I'm sure you'll see an improvement. As you say they're quite ok when you don't hold your arms like that,there aren't many things we need to do that for, hanging wallpaper? Plus we are so critical of things that other people just don't notice.

I had the shock of my life when I saw my arms this morning! The look ok ish when they're at my sides but if I lift them up this is what I get. They're really muscly otherwise but the undersides are shot! So depressing to go from worrying about being fat to worrying about where the skin will be when I've finished lol

Hey there, what specific exercises are you currently doing on your arms, how frequently have you been doing them and how long have you been losing weight?

Sorry for the barrage of questions but i may be able to offer some advice :)

When you use the free weights what specific tricep exercises do you do?

It really helps to know the specific exercises to attack the triceps because they are one of the smallest muscles but yet so defined when they are built and toned - a toned tricep always looks great!

The reason why i asked how long you had been losing weight for is because for nearly 5 years i battled away at the gym after losing just over 9 stone and i couldnt do anything to tone my upper arms.

I tried all of these firming creams and they were just a waste of money and time - they smelt nice though :p

Its only in the last 18 months that my arms have actually taken shape. Looking at your stats your goal weight is the same as mine and your starting weight was not too far off mine (dont know your height tho) so chances are you will get there but it may take some time.

Im happy to suggest some tricep specific exercises that really help if you let me know what you do with the free weights already so im not teaching you to suck eggs, so to speak :p

I think it may be a case of getting to my target weight and sorting it all out then, my arms themselves feel nice and muscular but when gravity gets involved they look that bad. I guess this is the price we pay for making a mess of our bodies *sigh*

Back