From 14 stones, to now just under 12, MORE TO GO!

fatty2slim

Hiya fellow Mini-miniuns =D

I know this isn't the right thread for intros, but, I wanted to jump straight in if no one minds :$

This is a bit of my background, I hope some of you can relate.

Ever since I was younger, since the age of 12ish i've been told not only by a few "friends" but also by my "family" that I am ugly and fat and need to lose weight. When you're bullied at school cos of your weight, the least you expect is to go home and feel some comfort. My mum was great, it was my extended family i.e. cousins. I've always wanted to be like them, the way they dressed and desperately wanted to fit in, so I did anything to try and impress them, but was always an outcast.

Anywhooss, these bad eating habits came from a rough childhood (I do not want to detail it but my dad wasn't very nice back then although now everything's ok).

Now that i'm 22, and nearly graduating, I decided enough it enough. I started weight loss at the end of Jan 2011, weighing in at about 14 stones (195.8lbs) - size 16/18 UK.

Since then it has been about 7ish weeks and I have lost about 2 stones =] (now down to 11st 11lbs/165.8lbs) size 14 UK.

I have never in my entire life weighed under 12 stones, so this is a big achievement for me!

My next goal is to go into the under 11 stones catergory!

I really want to see that 10stones something mark!

Mainly, i'm doing this for myself, I want what everyone on this forum wants, once to feel "normal" and not like i'm an alien, or that girl who has a pretty face, shame about her body - who ever will want her?

Well, enough of my blabber lol, i'm new here, I hope i'm welcomed!

I shall keep updating my weigh-ins every sunday =)

Stats
Height: 5ft 5in
Start Weight: 195 lbs
Current weight: 165lbs
Goal weight: 139lbs
Goal time: Mid May 2011
Weight to lose: 26lbs
Weeks in which to lose: 6/7 weeks (hopefully)

I want to be a size 10/12 UK! Not the fat girl of the group who's left behind.

today was so blerghhhh :(

What on Earth??! I just wrote a whole venting letter on here and it's gone now! It made me feel so much better, i'm going to write it again lol.

Basically, today I feel really low. Had such a stressful day, went to uni for the first time in ages, still hiding behind my huge coat :cry:
Went to see my supervisor, my dissertation is due soon, and i'm stressing so much, on top of that (mostly) my ex is getting to me, he's messing with my head - I really don't know what he wants. He was the first to notice I had lost weight, and ever since has been taking more interest in my life, shallow being.

And today whilst hanging out with my group of girls, they were all their with their slim size 10 frames. I felt so useless, like all my weight loss isn't worth it, I'm still a size 16 - sometimes 14 in most clothes. And surrounded by skinny models.
I haven't resorted to food though, had plenty of water, vegs and green tea today and been good, so that's a good thing. But apart from that today was blaa....anyway just needed to vent sorry :$

Tomorrow will be a better day, I hope.

Wow 2 stones in 7 weeks, of course your skinny friends have noticed. It's amazing - I wish I had your willpower.

Don't compare yourself to them, they probably don't have any issues with food etc. and find it easy to be thin. You will get there in the end. I don't know how you can stick to a VLCD, I can't even manage low calorie food and only have a few kilos to kill. I really admire your strength and just wait til you get there - it will be worth it!

Pomooky XX

Wow 2 stones in 7 weeks, of course your skinny friends have noticed. It's amazing - I wish I had your willpower.

Don't compare yourself to them, they probably don't have any issues with food etc. and find it easy to be thin. You will get there in the end. I don't know how you can stick to a VLCD, I can't even manage low calorie food and only have a few kilos to kill. I really admire your strength and just wait til you get there - it will be worth it!

Pomooky XX

Thankyou! =) I try not to but I can't help it, they eat away at burgers whilst I eat my salad or stare into thin air lol.

It's sooo hard keeping on a VLCD the smell of my mum's cooking could kill me lol.

At the moment, i'm finding my weight is coming off, but the inches are not, I have nooo idea why, my waist and thighs are my worst enemies, I really want my clothes to be atleast a normal 14, but it doesn't seem to be happening. I can't give up though. Thanks again, good luck with your weight loss!

Hmm, good-ish day today! Had loadsssss of green tea, been reading up about the benefits so thought I would drink extra, also lots of vegs and water. I do miss the indulgences though, Pizzaa, chipsss owww lol I made pancakes today for my little brothers, and I just wanted to eat them, but restricted myself (surprised at my will power, i've never gone this long with a diet and suceeded)
Feeling better =) Alot of things have happened today to make me smile, so i'm :D

I better lose more than a pound this week, or I will literally cry lol

The thing which is getting to me is no loss of inches though! I can see a clear loss in my waist, but my hips and large thighs (im a pear shape) are my enemies! I really want them to shrink!

I'm joining the gym with my dad eeeekkkkkkkkkk!! So excited, and it's a 3 month contract so perfect for a student broke as I am! =D =D =D

:cry::break_diet::wave_cry:

No matter how much weight I lose why is it never enough? Why am I still a fat blob amongst all others??? I went out today seeing it's a nice day, and I feel like utter crap now that i'm at home, cannot stop crying, I usually turn to food, but Im thinking why do I wna get even bigger, im already fat!! :sigh:
Only lost 1 lb, ONE, that's all, I feel like giving up, I really need motivation.. :(
For the past 2 weeks now, Ive lost like 1lb each week, why, im putting so much effort into this! :cry:

I LOST 3 POUNDS! yaaay, i'm so happpyyy, finally all that patience paid off =D I am now 11st 7 lbs hehe, looking foward to under 11's and gym tomorrow!

Well done!!!!! Especially as you are close to a goal weight as the closer u get the harder it is. X

Thankyou so much!

I've noticed you're nearly there too :D

More on a down-ish note.. I was just pondering today and thought to myself, why am I actually losing the weight, is it for me? Or is it for others...... got me a bit down to be honest :sigh:

Well i thought that but although others are encouraging I'm feelings lots of benefits from being slimmer. And also if you're not doing it for yourself you probably would've given up by now?! Try and think positively it helps. I've been told to think about healthy eating as taking control and not feeling sad when I say no to eating something nice but that I'm in control. It's helped me. Lost a pound this week after few plateau weeks x

You're right :)

I went to the gym today to get "assessed" and my body fat % was 44?!! :cry:I was literally about to cry. And my BMI was 25% I understand that, but how can 44% of my body be made up of fat, the guy said I was "obese" and then he said "atleast you made a good move by coming to the gym" I really couldn't look him in the eye, I felt out of place all of a sudden and as if I didn't belong..... :break_diet: I feel like all my weight loss and struggle has been for nothing, i'm still "obese"..how can I be obese at 11st 7 lbs and a height of 5ft 5, ok im not a good shape yet, but I wouldnt say I was obese, someone explain?? Even my parents were shocked :(

Well i thought that but although others are encouraging I'm feelings lots of benefits from being slimmer. And also if you're not doing it for yourself you probably would've given up by now?! Try and think positively it helps. I've been told to think about healthy eating as taking control and not feeling sad when I say no to eating something nice but that I'm in control. It's helped me. Lost a pound this week after few plateau weeks x

Well done for breaking that darn plateau :D

I am pretty sure obese is a bmi of 30 or more. BMI of 25-29 is overweight.

44% fat for your weight would be a shock! I don't know anything about body fat % but that sounds really high for your weight.

I feel better after talking to some people, they said it was basically a load of crap lol. Cos u cant measure fat percentage from a hand machine. So i'm happy, as long as my BMI is going down... =)

Gonna weigh myself after gym tomorrrow! Ohhh, hope it's 3 pounds! *nervous*

Minus 2 pounds :(

I should be grateful, but i so wanted to see a 3 or 4 pound loss, I did cardio and ate well every day of this week :(

fatty2slim said:
Minus 2 pounds :(

I should be grateful, but i so wanted to see a 3 or 4 pound loss, I did cardio and ate well every day of this week :(

Well done, it's hard losing weight, minus 2 pounds is better than gain or maintain. You should congratulate yourself. And if you're going to gym you should measure yourself too as you'll be losing inches. X

Back