From 16's to 15's

Erm :whistle: I'm still here.

5 lbs til I'm out so hopefully in the next two weeks. If I stop behaving like a complete and total twat.

Sometimes we have to be a twat to make us get back on the straight and narrow!

I have 5lbs (after losing 3 this week) but have a family BBQ this weekend and my wedding anniversary the following so how about we bust each others butts to keep us on plan and get ourselves outta here?!

Hi there. I've just returned to this site after a couple of years and am shocked at the difference! Hopefully it will pick up again. I'm sitting on 16st 3lbs. I'm doing SW recipes for meals and snacks with 2 x Slimfast drinks per day. I know it's odd hybrid but when I did full on SW I got worn down by all the food prep. Strictly I should syn the drinks but meh. Got a family wedding coming up and got totally bummed trying on outfits. "Frumpy" doesn't begin to describe it! Got lots of support on here before so hoping to offer and give the same again. Good luck us!

Oh yes... I am just going out for lunch and not sure I can resist the desserts :( And got a bbq on Saturday which is usually really boozy. Planning on taking a couple of cans of Diet Coke to supplement my drinking and slow me down. It's a bbq that is stressful to me as its done by some very old friends who I don't really get on with anymore. I think they only invite me out of tradition and I only go out of politeness. And you know how easy it is to keep sipping at your glass when you're uncomfortable?!? I don't have a partner and my son is too old to drag along so going on my own just adds to all the stress. Any ideas? Apart from throwing myself under a bus to avoid the whole thing...

Back from lunch. Resisted most of the bread and had no butter but surrendered to the chocolate mousse. I'm useless. Will be very good this evening to try and make up for it. And we do only meet for this posh lunch once every two months. (Sigh, another excuse I know)

Gosh it really is quiet in here. Bbq was epic fail! Ate nothing and drank far too much. Also was helping with a bake sale so nibbled as I baked tut tut. But gave away the failed flapjacks so I didn't eat them all. No weight loss so may be in this thread for some time! That's if anyone else joins me lol

Hi all!

Sorry I've been AWOL for a bit!

Lost half a pound this week (bit disappointing) which takes me down to 16st0 - so hopefully my last week in this bracket ever! But did get my 2.5 stone award - hurrah!

Anyone else still in this bracket? Hope you're all having a good week!

I'm here. Not been very good food wise for well over a year but it has to change so I've been trying for the last few days ! Managed to get down to this stone bracket, am now sitting at, 16st 7lbs. Going to sign up to slimming world online officially on Monday so that will be my weigh in day. Good luck everyone xx

Reactions: EBD
I'm here. Not been very good food wise for well over a year but it has to change so I've been trying for the last few days ! Managed to get down to this stone bracket, am now sitting at, 16st 7lbs. Going to sign up to slimming world online officially on Monday so that will be my weigh in day. Good luck everyone xx

Good for you! Hope you have a good week! Have you done SW online before?

No I've only been to the classes before rather than doing it online but I feel motivated enough to sign up for it and having Minmins as additional support. I can't wait for my clothes to fit again! Do you go to a class?

Hello everyone, anyone mind if I join in again? I went back to my Slimming World class today, but I think I was last here back in May-ish, I'm a few pounds heavier than I was then, I'm back up to 16st 13.5lb, it looks like my prediction of being in the 16's for quite a while was right, then. Sometimes being right is crap, lol! :)

Hi @EBD ;) and everyone! I have been MIA for a few weeks but im still doing sw and going to group. Moving into this bracket as I'm now 16st and 10.5lbs and 2.5lbs away from my 5 stone award. Hoping to get this wednesday coming. Nothing has stopped me, been weighing, measuring and writing it down so I'm hoping it goes well on wednesday as I really want this award. Good luck to everyone this week. I hope you get the result or number you want!

Hi All!

@Buttercup101 I do go to class as it's partly fear of someone else seeing me gain etc that makes me do it it keeps me to plan, at least it was to start! I only occasionally stay to class proper though.

@Hippopotamum it'll start coming off again - bet you're excited for first weigh in!

Hi @Neveragain - glad you're back on here. You've done so well in your absence! What a fantastic award you're coming up to! Had a meh couple of weeks weight loss wise but now summer is drawing to a close I hope to be back on it! Excuses, excuses! Had an awful day food wise but will be back on plan now. What a relief - I look like I've swallowed a balloon! :D

P.s. Want to lose a couple of pounds this week, but half a pound will take me into the next weight bracket so I'd be happy with most amounts until after the pleasure of the new number wore off! Are any of you aiming for anything in particular this week?

P.s. Want to lose a couple of pounds this week, but half a pound will take me into the next weight bracket so I'd be happy with most amounts until after the pleasure of the new number wore off! Are any of you aiming for anything in particular this week?

Im gunning for 3 off as it will be 2.5lbs to my 5 stone award.... I know what you mean about bad days, my daughter's birthday was last month and that week, i nearly had everything! lol, gained 3lbs but lost 4lbs the following week, so im really happy with that... At the moment my 5stone award is very much infront of my brain at the moment. I want it so bad! mum's birthday on the 18th of sept and surprise meal out has been organised. Going to see aunties and uncles I havent seen before i started slimming world, So It has motivated me to loose a little more for the 18th as they will see more than 5 stone difference. So I should be comfortable and enjoy the evening instead of hiding out of sight lol

at least we both smashed the 100 lbs line! yay and good luck with your weigh in! Hoping you drop down into the next bracket and thread!

Im gunning for 3 off as it will be 2.5lbs to my 5 stone award.... I know what you mean about bad days, my daughter's birthday was last month and that week, i nearly had everything! lol, gained 3lbs but lost 4lbs the following week, so im really happy with that... At the moment my 5stone award is very much infront of my brain at the moment. I want it so bad! mum's birthday on the 18th of sept and surprise meal out has been organised. Going to see aunties and uncles I havent seen before i started slimming world, So It has motivated me to loose a little more for the 18th as they will see more than 5 stone difference. So I should be comfortable and enjoy the evening instead of hiding out of sight lol

at least we both smashed the 100 lbs line! yay and good luck with your weigh in! Hoping you drop down into the next bracket and thread!

Thank you - I hope I drop down too / and you soon! I've still got four days so can hopefully pull it back a bit!

Really pleased about the under 100lbs mark - you must be too, it feels like a big milestone to have passed. Talking of which, excited about getting under 100kg soon and then hopefully under 200lbs by Christmas!

How lovely your meal sounds, being able to show off your new slinky self! Though I hate the questions then - how much have you lost, how much left are you planning on losing, should you be eating that? Perhaps that's just me :p

Realised how much my eating habits have changed when I graded nearly continuously yesterday and ate so much and then woke up with stomach ache in the night - still, family birthdays done, back on plan!

@EBD I know what you mean, I have an auntie like that, she will question me and dig at me to make it look like it isnt achievement and then talk about herself talking about her jogging and no eating diet to make herself feel great lol. But im more prepared for it now. No one will take away the achievement because im reaping the benefits, been able to walk further, more energy and not shy away in shops anymore. So she can do one really because no one can bring me down :) yeah xmas will be a big thing, so much difference and changes. I think i will enjoy xmas more as hopefully i will be at least 7 stone lighter

Last edited:
This is my bracket for now :) Had been hoping to make a 4.5 stone award this week but had a 0.5lb gain. Only about the third gain in 6 months though so I'm not put off. 2lb next week will get me there! Going to add extra speed to EVERYTHING! :greenapple:

Welcome to the bracket @headintheclouds - have you just come into it?

Ashamed to say I gained 3lbs and thoroughly deserved it. Need to get back into it!

At least you faced the scales and owned it, instead of hiding away and gaining more the following week. :D You are so close to your next NEW bracket. Keep that in the front of your mind will help you to make better choices :) I have been making hummus all week for my snacks during the day, a plate full of carrots, cucumber and celery to dip into. The container is full of it lol did it last week as i was desperately wanting my award, only had hummus and speed food as snacks throughout the week to help get a big loss but unfortunately I did something stupid lol I started up my dvd's again after a month break and i was bloated and only lost 1/2lb :( when I was gunning for the 2 and half for my 5 stone award. So I am hoping my muscles will calm down now and not take so much water so I can get my award this week!!

Thanks! I've been in this bracket about a month. Lightest I've been in so many years I can't remember!

Hi there, congratulations on been in this bracket, well done you. Ive just come in this month and this is the first time since having my daughter she is 9 now :eek::( to be at this weight and staying to sw for this long, its been 9 months, usually leave around the 3 month mark as i couldnt get past a certain number and quit. but nope I want it bad and was sick of walking around huge. so im here ready to go into the next bracket. I would squeal like a pig If i went down into the 14-15 bracket. when I started off at 21 stone. Hopefully this bracket can help to push and support all of us to get into that bracket :D

Back