From 16's to 15's

Still here. Only 0.5lb off this week due to non-stop eating and drinking over the weekend! 16st 2lb now, so I'm aiming to drop to the 15's by next week.....fingers crossed!

:sign0144:Another newbie here. Hello.
I started my SW journey in October last year, after years of being overweight. I was another person who was chubby as a child ("it's puppy fat, you will grow out of it", I was told). But I didn't. I remember being 11 stone something when I was about 16. When I got married at 24, i was 12 stone. I tried SW for a few months after I got married and lost about a stone, but then it was Christmas and I didn't go back after that.
Two years later when I first got pregnant, I was 13 stone 3. I put on 3 stone in that pregnancy. The baby, my son, weighed 9lb 2oz when he was born. I have had 2 daughters as well since then, but cant remember my weight when I had them. My youngest daughter is now 9 and my weight crept up gradually to the 19 stone I was in October 2011.

I had my 'lightbulb' moment, when I stepped on the scales one evening, the week of my 40th birthday and it said 19.0 stone. That was it. I had been hovering on the 18s for so long, which was bad enough, but I did not want to be in the 19s. So when I woke up the next morning I weighed myself and wrote it down. Every Sunday since then I have done the same thing. My start weight was 18stone 12. I haven't been going to class, mainly because I don't want to spend the money at the moment, but I am very focused, so it is working. I have used my old books, which I know are very old and out of date, but I figured if they were OK to use then, it cant be too different now. I found this site and have picked up lots of tips on what is now free and what are healthy extras, so I think I am doing OK. I am now at 16stone 6, so nearly back down to my 9months pregnant weight with my first child.

I have had a lot of inspiration from two friends, husband and wife, who have done SW. They have lost a load of weight and she is now a SW consultant. Another friend of ours is a consultant too, my local one in fact, which is another reason why I don't want to go to class (I don't want anyone I know, to know how much I weigh!) There also seem to be quite a few celebrities that have lost weight too, Dawn French, Ruth Jones and Nigella Lawson, to name a few who have done it the old fashioned way and Pauline Quirke and Fern Britton who have had help. But they all look great.

So, I have had plenty of inspiration for the last few months and even Christmas didn't stop me this time. I stayed the same that week, which I was happy with and have managed to consistently lose every week apart from Christmas. I have been looking at this site most days too although haven't posted before. The people on here are so friendly, encouraging and helpful, it is great. :D

I have awarded myself a 2 stone sticker :D and would like to lose about another 6 stone this year. I will try and post a bit more often now and contribute to various threads. I hope I haven't waffled too much, but I hope that seeing my own story in writing will spur me on.

Welcome Danigrace!

First off, 1lbs for me this week! :D

Now that that's off my chest, well done so far Danigrace, more so as your doing it without a group, although this place is a great group session whenever you need it. Reading what others have done or are doing can be a great help.

:)
Welcome Danigrace!

First off, 1lbs for me this week! :D

Now that that's off my chest, well done so far Danigrace, more so as your doing it without a group, although this place is a great group session whenever you need it. Reading what others have done or are doing can be a great help.

Well done on your 1lb off and thanks for the welcome. I agree that this site is a great group session :)

1lb off for me - slowly slowly :)

Jus realised !
3lbs more to my 2.5stone :)
Woop

Hi all, I can now join this group yay! Lost 5.5lbs in my first week and now in the 16's. Looking forward to the banter and support.

Ok so pre WI day weigh (due to alcohol consumption tonight I may not have a true weight.....) and it flickered between 15 12 and 15 13 - couldn't be arsed to check in kilos or pounds as I normally do. So will weigh tomorrow and Sunday and see what the fluctuations are and go with that. Chances are I'm outta here tomorrow :D woot! Xx

suzy111 said:
Well after weigh in last thurs I'm back in 16 s but only by 1/2 lb , so hopefully back in 15' s next week , n with my new books I feel really motivated for the new year, I want to b 12 st ( or size 12, in 12 months in 2012!!!!! I'm determined I'm gunna get my target !

Well back out of here now after my 2.1/2 loss last night, see ya all soon in the 15's

Jus realised !
3lbs more to my 2.5stone :)
Woop

Well done on your loss :D I need one more pound for my 2.5 stone, so hoping I will get that this week.

Hi Mrs S

I've just got back into the 16's after putting over a stone on due to illness, christmas and eating really. Lost 3lb this week and aiming to loose 7 lb a month, I know it is possible, if I work at it, so hoping to be in the 11'st by November.

Would like to join in with you all if thats ok?

Thanks x

I'll say good afternoon as well. :)

Got some new scales waiting for me at home, arrived this morning (sad isn't it, getting excited about a new set of scales !!) means I no longer need to use the parcel scales at work.

Haven't posted much, been lurking for a while but agree what a great site this is :D

Afternoon :)
I joined SW on Tuesday and am in this category (for now) ;) My weight at my first meeting was 16st 4lbs. Yikes!

Enquired about a bootcamp that's starting near me in a few weeks-got the details and now waitin for payment details. Omg what have I agreed to??!!

Well done!! I'd love to do one of those boot camps- not on my own though. you'll have to tell us all about it :D

Emmamb said:
Enquired about a bootcamp that's starting near me in a few weeks-got the details and now waitin for payment details. Omg what have I agreed to??!!

Good luck.... You're crazy! But in a good way. Will have to let us know how it goes, well intrigued by them xx

Back