From 16's to 15's

Did they check you for thyroidism and IBS. sounds like what my mum went through for a year. BUT she had me double checking everything for her, and had tried success express and a fast forward (which guarantees 7-10lbs loss... She lost 2.5lbs and again I was double checking everything so she had to stick to it 100%)

Ask your consultant if she has any tools to help jump start your losses and get you back on track and tell her what you told us.

All that said cutting out gluten and dairy at the same time will not help as it needs to be one at a time and under Dr supervision. Gluten is in everything. Soy sauce, soft drinks, brown sauce, worcester sauce, some yogurts, alcoholic drinks, etc. Other than your obvious bread, cereal and pasta.

I've had my thyroid checked. I've been tested for celiac and inflammations and various other things. Nothing comes back with any issues, which I shouldbe happy about but its just irritating trying so hard and not seeing any results.
I had my first weigh in this morning after going gluten and dairy free for a week and the scales were -4.5lbs .... that said I'm not getting my hopes up that I've been 'cured' ! I am going to continue this week and see what the scales say next week. As for doing it under Dr's superstition - I've told the doctor about my concerns and they were very unhelpful. By they, I mean 3 different doctors in the same practice. I said I needed help losing weight and they basically shrugged their shoulders and said to continue what I've been doing (ie, exercise and SW), one Dr told me if I was going to cut out gluten and dairy to go on a pear and pork diet for a week...how could anyone live on that? I have bought substitutes for things like soy sauce, stock cubes, bread, pasta. Other than that Im sticking more to SW red days, salmon, chicken, fruit, veg.

I definately feel less bloated and less tired. I also feel quite proud to actually be doing this myself but do feel let down by the medical professionals who are supposed to inspire you and help you lose weight.

So anyways, 4.5lb less and closer to the 15's...8lb to go !! Bring on this week !! POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE !! :D

Ah sorry they have been so unhelpful. It is just through experience of my mum, and then my son's mystery allergy it needs to be one thing at a time. Red days are very good for kick starting weight loss. Hope it keeps going well for you.

lost 2lbs this week, just short of what i needed to leave you lovely people and head to the next group. it will happen next week... (hopefully!)

I think I did the right thing staying here 'cos I really can't see me shifting any weight this week. It's totm, I'm bloated, fat and about ready to cry my eyes out at any given moment with the unfairness of it all. I've done well not to disappear into a sea of chocolate and despair but have gone slightly over my syns. Had some not so great news from doctors today as well so it's been a bit of a disaster of a week so far.

We'll see but I think you may have to put up with me and my whinging for another week! x

Oh I am sorry for the rubbish news and the hormones but less of the self pity and fat calling. :) look at the room you are in, call yourself fat and nasty names then you are doing the same to everyone else here. Look how well you have done! Look at how much you have lost! And the good habits you have instilled, you DIDN'T eat a shop's worth of chocolate, you went a little over syns, no worries. If you don't get a loss this week it is ok, a new week starts as you step off the scales. You have done amazingly well and you will continue to do so. :)

Ellebear well done! 2lbs is fab, set yourself up for a good week and you know you will be in the 15s next week. What a boost! And all this with a little one! Brilliant!

I have weigh in in the morning. Not expecting or aiming to leave this room this week so feeling ok. Been 100% so hopefully something will come off. Got next week planned already and food shop is arriving between 4 and 6pm. Bish bash bosh :) just got to hope it doesn't rain while I'm out! I was so soaked once my consultant said she was taking off half a lb for all the water! Haha. And she did!

I'm certainly not calling everyone else fat! Just how I feel at the moment. Sorry about the self pity but I really can't help it at the moment. Two days a month to feel a bit sorry for myself and mentally prepare myself for the next. Not casting aspersions on anyone else, just me. And I'm sure I'll feel better once I stop being so upset about everything. :)

Good luck for WI Fran - I'm sure you'll lose by the sound of it! x

It's more just 10 months of disappointment finally getting to me. And I am doing well but I really resent SW at the moment. Why can't I just have chocolate without feeling guilty when I feel down? And I don't mean within my syns - I mean proper chocolate! Why can't I just be like normal women who don't have to worry about their weight and whose bodies actually work? It's been seven months since I stated SW now and the novelty has well and truly worn off...

Anyway - enough about me. Will report back with how I get on tomorrow. Hope you have a good WI Fran

I know what you mean. I keep wanting to curl up and eat one of those big bars of dairy milk.

I gained 2.5lbs this week. I had a good week but the 2 weeks before i was getting losses I didn't feel I deserved, they should have been gains, so I feel balanced out now :)

It is nice to get gains for me sometimes, I get quite a lot of pressure from my group, they expect an awful lot from me and so when I do gain it is a relief because then they might back off a bit. It still didn't shut one of them up about me having a halo etc but that's simply jealousy. It sounds silly to say it is hard when people say you are an inspiration and they look up to you, because instead of focussing on yourself you worry how your weight impacts on others. But now I just feel relieved. Silly huh?

I know what you mean. I keep wanting to curl up and eat one of those big bars of dairy milk.

I gained 2.5lbs this week. I had a good week but the 2 weeks before i was getting losses I didn't feel I deserved, they should have been gains, so I feel balanced out now :)

It is nice to get gains for me sometimes, I get quite a lot of pressure from my group, they expect an awful lot from me and so when I do gain it is a relief because then they might back off a bit. It still didn't shut one of them up about me having a halo etc but that's simply jealousy. It sounds silly to say it is hard when people say you are an inspiration and they look up to you, because instead of focussing on yourself you worry how your weight impacts on others. But now I just feel relieved. Silly huh?

I feel sort of the same way. The past 6 weeks I've been averaging 3lbs a week and there are some even bigger ladies who barely lose, maintain or even gain. I don't let any jealousy get to me, though! I watch what I eat SO carefully so I can lose. I'm determined and I have been unhappy with my weight since I was 8 years old...I'm now 21. I've cut myself, almost killed myself and generally lost a lot of my life where being overweight hasn't helped!
I feel like everytime I have another decent loss people go 'not again...' and don't want to clap me!?

Needless to say I want this far too badly to let anyone else get the better of me now.

There is only one snarky lady, before I weighed I had 4 different people come up to me to say how well I am doing, how proud they are of me, I'm an inspiration and one woman said I was disappearing! (Lol!) So lovely but I then feel I have to be completely on it and lose every week else I let them all down and if someone they say inspires them gains will they then gain too?! So silly so these blips kind of redress it.

It is great you have such good losses, I don't get big losses but I dont usually do the lose/gain/lose/gain thing.

Lost 1lb - god knows how as I feel like I have put on 20! I have never bloated up this much at totm in my life, it's pretty dramatic!

So I suppose I should shift off now I'm 15 st 12 lbs, can't be in denial forever. See you all soon and thanks (and apologies) for listening to me complaining all the time x

Back