from broad bean to runner bean!

I never eat loads of veg on this, I tend to do salad with everything. I'm doing spaghetti carbonara for dinner tonight.

How old are your children? Ben and I want to put having children off for a while as we just love spending our money on weekends away and crap really haha. I have loads of nieces and one nephew so I get to enjoy them :)

Do you like savoury rice? Batchelors curry rice with salad is lovely and so easy! I have that for lunch most days! Xx

I got a recipe from this sight which involves mild curry savoury rice and its amazing.

Curry loaf

Basically,
Cook the rice as packet requires
Mix with 6 eggs and 1 tin of asda chickpea dhal ( this is a syn free version of chickpea dhal)
Place into tray of some form or loaf tin...spray with fry light first!
Bake at 180 for 20-30 mins.
U need to keep checking on it as it depends how thick you put it in the tin - I've made it a few times and each time the cooking time was different.basically it acts like a cake and cracks on top, comes away from the sides a bit when done.
Nice warm but delicious cold!!

Oh I could eat it all now!! Lol and totally syn free!! X

Omg im sooo going to try that! I absolutely love that rice! When I make it at work everyone comes in and says how lovely it smells. Can never believe its free though! Cx

Good morning lovelies.

Weigh day for me! Got it at 9.30, am hoping for a lb maybe! Even a half would be nice! But we shall see!

It's going to be 19 degrees today so have got a summer dress on! Love the sunshine! Not going to last though so won't keep my hopes up!

How is everyone today? Xxx

Morning, i'm feeling slightly more optimistic today, going to asda & will defo pick up some curry rice, i love it! My daughter is 8 & my son is 8 months so they keep me on my toes, will be great to run around in the park without feeling embarrassed or out of breath!

Good Luck for WI x

Glad your feeling better today jelly! Everyone gets days like that! It's so worth it in the end.

You look so young! When the sun is shining it makes everything better! Apart from when you can't wear any summer dresses! Mine are all tight! I need a stone off to wear my old clothes so that's my first target! Xx

well i lost 1lb! so im quite pleased as i did have 2 days off plan! Im hoping for 2 next week!

todays menu is-
B- 2 hifi bars
L- left over spag carbonara with salad (1/2 hea)
D- chilli with rice and fat free yogurt and a little cheese (1/2 hea)
250ml milk 4.5syns
sugar 2 syns

im going to be 100% this week! I have no plans so there is no excuse! xx

Hi girlies

welcome jelly :) the first week is hard - getting your head around all the free foods and cooking, but def stick with it - I always felt like I was eating 'too much' when I first started!! But its all good free food - and it works - so don't worry.

well skinnybean - well done on your loss - def since you had 2 days off plan!! Yeow! So is that new profile pic of you in your dress on sat night? It is totally gorgeous!! The red really suits you. The one-shoulder is very flattering - as is the sexy split! Def a great choice of dress.

The weather was beaut here on sun so I sat out a bit meself :) It makes you realise how crap our weather has been here the past year, so little sun, its not good for the bones!

Wee dubs, tears that your mum has passed :( me too :( I still can't quite accept it. hugs xxx

Well, I have had a pretty crap weekend. I haven't really tried at all. I was sad on sat & sun so I bought biscuits and choc to cheer myself up. Doh. I knew it was off plan and not going to do me any good, but I did it anyway. I think I will post what I am going to eat everyday on here too like the rest of you gals, it might give me a wee kick in the heiney.

I follow green coz I am veggie...

So today:
brek: albran[hexb] milk from allowance and a banana.
am snack: tea and pomegranate [first time in years!]
lunch: 1 brown roll [hexb] 2 boiled eggs, salad, 1tbsp light salad cream [1syn]
avo snack: mullerlight, maybe pineapple
dinner: um... duno yet! Weigh in is at 7.30pm and won't get home from work til 6.30pm - I don't wana eat dinner before WI as ppl say it affects it - does it?

pinky x

Hi girlies

welcome jelly :) the first week is hard - getting your head around all the free foods and cooking, but def stick with it - I always felt like I was eating 'too much' when I first started!! But its all good free food - and it works - so don't worry.

well skinnybean - well done on your loss - def since you had 2 days off plan!! Yeow! So is that new profile pic of you in your dress on sat night? It is totally gorgeous!! The red really suits you. The one-shoulder is very flattering - as is the sexy split! Def a great choice of dress.

The weather was beaut here on sun so I sat out a bit meself :) It makes you realise how crap our weather has been here the past year, so little sun, its not good for the bones!

Wee dubs, tears that your mum has passed :( me too :( I still can't quite accept it. hugs xxx

Well, I have had a pretty crap weekend. I haven't really tried at all. I was sad on sat & sun so I bought biscuits and choc to cheer myself up. Doh. I knew it was off plan and not going to do me any good, but I did it anyway. I think I will post what I am going to eat everyday on here too like the rest of you gals, it might give me a wee kick in the heiney.

I follow green coz I am veggie...

So today:
brek: albran[hexb] milk from allowance and a banana.
am snack: tea and pomegranate [first time in years!]
lunch: 1 brown roll [hexb] 2 boiled eggs, salad, 1tbsp light salad cream [1syn]
avo snack: mullerlight, maybe pineapple
dinner: um... duno yet! Weigh in is at 7.30pm and won't get home from work til 6.30pm - I don't wana eat dinner before WI as ppl say it affects it - does it?

pinky x
Aww thanks Pinky... It is hard.. Was told time was a great healer but over 4 years on and its not got any easier..
Tho the "I'm OK" mask has become easier to paint on... Sorry to hear about your Mam too.xx Mothers really are the one person in the world you never stop needing aren't they?!

hi doodles, thought we had lost you there! yes i have weighed myself before and after eating and it can show up to 3lbs on! when do you usually eat? as long as you do the same every week it will be ok. unless you get in from work, put something on low and then you can eat as soon as you get in?

dubs- i cocked it up a little bit last night as i wasnt concentrating but i usually...

this is for 3 people as we have left overs for lunch.
cook chicken, bacon, onions and mushrooms in a frying pan add garlic.
whilst this this is cooking i boil my spaghetti.
in a separate bowl mix together quark and 4 eggs, once the chicken is cooked then pour on top the mixture and heat through.
drain the spaghetti and mix everything together with 40g cheddar cheese or parmesan if you have it.
done!

I dont know how i would survive without my mum, I feel for you both, my mum and my nanny are my best friends. xxx

oh and doodles yes that was me on sat night! it wasnt the dress I picked, as the one i had picked was emerald green but it got lost on the way to me so the company got a same day courier to send me 5 dresses to pick from! It was soooo tight! I didnt think it was going to do up but i made it! I always go for red as im so dark skinned its the colour that usually suits me most, but fancied green for a change. never mind i still loved the dress! xx

nay skinny, I am still here! thought I lost meself too lol. went totally off the wagon with the chocs n biks at the weekend. its my lil sister's bday at the weekend so we are going for a night out, eek at the thoughts of trying to find something to look half decent in - so I will use that to remind myself why it is that I want to lose weight!!! So I can actually look forward to putting on some clothes I like and, dare I say it, feel good in! And actually look forward to going out!

Well I lost my mum 14 years ago, cannot believe it has been that long, it certainly doesnt feel like it. I still have nightmares about it, like last night. Crazy. I only really acknowledged that it happened about 4 years ago, it has really damaged me psychologically, so I am told! I go to counselling every week, so slowly trying to mend.

Anyways, on a lighter note, um...I'm so glad to have found you girls on here to chat to!! :)

ps - absolutely love emerald green!

xxx

hi doodles, thought we had lost you there! yes i have weighed myself before and after eating and it can show up to 3lbs on! when do you usually eat? as long as you do the same every week it will be ok. unless you get in from work, put something on low and then you can eat as soon as you get in?

dubs- i cocked it up a little bit last night as i wasnt concentrating but i usually...

in a separate bowl mix together quark and 4 eggs, once the chicken is cooked then pour on top the mixture and heat through.
drain the spaghetti and mix everything together with 40g cheddar cheese or parmesan if you have it.
done!

I dont know how i would survive without my mum, I feel for you both, my mum and my nanny are my best friends. xxx
Yum.. How much quark do you use??? Sorry for all teh Q's.. That's be bit that gets me everytime.. Tho I suppose the more you use the creamier it is???

done!

Yum.. How much quark do you use??? Sorry for all teh Q's.. That's be bit that gets me everytime.. Tho I suppose the more you use the creamier it is???

nay skinny, I am still here! thought I lost meself too lol. went totally off the wagon with the chocs n biks at the weekend. its my lil sister's bday at the weekend so we are going for a night out, eek at the thoughts of trying to find something to look half decent in - so I will use that to remind myself why it is that I want to lose weight!!! So I can actually look forward to putting on some clothes I like and, dare I say it, feel good in! And actually look forward to going out!

Well I lost my mum 14 years ago, cannot believe it has been that long, it certainly doesnt feel like it. I still have nightmares about it, like last night. Crazy. I only really acknowledged that it happened about 4 years ago, it has really damaged me psychologically, so I am told! I go to counselling every week, so slowly trying to mend.

Anyways, on a lighter note, um...I'm so glad to have found you girls on here to chat to!! :)

ps - absolutely love emerald green!

xxx
14 years... My God..
I can understand being affected psychologically as every now n then, usually coming close to her birthday/anniversary I have a little emotional meltdown.. My BF knows the signs now and in fairness to him handles it all quite well now, coz he expects it long before it happens..
My brother is still in total denial about it all.. He doesn't talk to my Dad so in his mind my Mam is up in the house but he can't see her coz he can't go to the house coz my Dad might be there.. He sees a counsellor regularly now but can't seem to break thru.. He's not once been to the grave, which is fine, everyone deals with things differently, but he gets quite annoyed when I offer to take his kids to it with me.. They like to go and have a chat with their Nana and bring her flowers and they get comfort from it.. So I hate that he kinda takes that away from them as they obviously don't like to upset their Dad..
I typed out a big huge mail at the end of this and it hasn't posted :mad:

i use a tub not sure how much is in it! just keep mixing until it looks the right consistency. I then add a little fat free yogurt or fromage frais if it needs to be a little bit more moist! It one of our favourite dinners! last night i forgot to mix the eggs and quark and put them in seperate, ben said it looked like a massive omelette! haha.

xx

i use a tub not sure how much is in it! just keep mixing until it looks the right consistency. I then add a little fat free yogurt or fromage frais if it needs to be a little bit more moist! It one of our favourite dinners! last night i forgot to mix the eggs and quark and put them in seperate, ben said it looked like a massive omelette! haha.

xx
Do you use the whole tub then yea??

Yeah the whole tub of quark, ill double check the size when i get home, im not one for measurements as long as its free i just throw it in! I just went on waitrose and it must be 250g tub. But it made it a little thick hence why i just added a little fromage frais. xx

Back