From Caterpillar to Butterfly

Wow fabulous menu. See preparation is the key to success. I always have my lunch ready cos when you are hungry & not organised then thats when you just grab whats easiest & thats usually a mcdonalds or something. You are doin fab. Dxxx

Thank you! I know what you mean if I've not eaten all day I gorge when I get home! Doritos chilli heatwave and BBQ were favourites. Have to say, missing them already. It's been two days.

x Kayla x

Yeah there is loads I miss too but just think how fabulous we will feel when we get to our goal weights!!!

Its got to be a better feeling than enjoying our naughty food.

I am down another 1lb! Yayyyyyyyy

Dxxx

Yeah there is loads I miss too but just think how fabulous we will feel when we get to our goal weights!!! Its got to be a better feeling than enjoying our naughty food. I am down another 1lb! Yayyyyyyyy Dxxx

Yay!! Well done you! I know I feel better for not having it and it takes 21 days to break a bad habit so hopefully I'll not think about it soon! I want to weigh already and I'm only on day 3 but can already feel I've lost a little eek need some self control! :) congrats on your loss!

x Kayla x

Wow 21 days eh!

I should only have about 8 days of that left then I will be a total food angel

Off for some lunch, savoury rice with mushrooms - mmmmmmmmmmm

Dxxx

Day 3: 30/10/13

Today was a bit harder, as I was trying to keep syns low after going over yesterday. But I made it to the end of the day, unscathed.
I really wanted to weigh this morning. I think I just wanted to see if all this was actually having an effect even though I'm only on day 3. I confess, I did weigh myself. I'm not going to say what it said. Weigh day is officially Monday. I need to hide the scales or something!

I went to my local cafe to do some studying, and this is where I usually hit the fantastic houmous, salad and felafel wrap that he does, but I worked out it's roughly 24 syns, so I'm keeping it for an emergency. I had soup instead, asking to have it without the bread roll.
When I got home I was starving! so I had some of the wholewheat pasta salad that was left over while I decided what to have for dinner. This is when I usually gorge on Doritos and tea with biscuits, so a pasta salad is pretty good for me.
I split dinner into two, aiming to have some for lunch tomorrow, but, I polished it off because I was still hungry. I'm having a very hollow day today. I have a healthy B left, so I may have some toast if I need to later.

Food Diary

Breakfast:
Baked beans (F) on toast (HEB), 2 clementines (SF), grapes (SF), and a kiwi fruit (SF).

Lunch: Spicy Tomato and Basil Soup (F?)

Dinner: Piri Piri smoked Tofu (F), stir fried vegetables (SF), and wholewheat noodles (F?)

SW.D3 Dinner 30.10.13.jpg
This dinner was amazing! I loved it, I had to go back for seconds. It just means I have to make something else for lunch tomorrow!

Syns: Green and Blacks Mint 6 pieces (5.5 syns)
Plus: HEA 250mL sweetened soya milk, can of diet coke (F)

I'm away this weekend, to see my partner, so I need to plan what food to make and take with me. Not only is he omnivore, he's also a processed food junkie, and still slim!
Eating outs going to be a nightmare as I don't know how many syns etc things are. It's hard being vegan in that town, now I'm a vegan doing slimming world! :confused:

Wow that dinner looks lush.

I have never tried tofu what does it taste like??

I was having a hungry day today aswell & it didn't help that my shake which I need to have with 250ml semi skimmed milk I had to have with a mix of water & milk tonight as I ran out of milk - eeeeeeeeeeeeek!!

Dxxx

Wow that dinner looks lush.

I have never tried tofu what does it taste like??

I was having a hungry day today aswell & it didn't help that my shake which I need to have with 250ml semi skimmed milk I had to have with a mix of water & milk tonight as I ran out of milk - eeeeeeeeeeeeek!!

Dxxx

It was amazing! really enjoyed it. Tofu tastes like what ever you want it to taste like, that's the beauty of it. I mixed piri piri seasoning with oil and marinated tofu in it once (not todays dinner) and left it over night. Fried it in a pan the next day till it was crispy on the outside and it taste EXACTLY like real piri piri chicken, I had it with cous cous. As long as you press it, and marinate or season it, its amazing! My brother calls it tasteless bean cheese!

oh no! water shakes can be awful! and not as filling!

x Kayla x

Ahhhh right I might give it a go then obviously the people that I know that cook it dont have a clue what they are doin!

I was actually ok last night think it was just the fear or feeling hungry haha.

Dxxx

Day 4 31/10/13

Tears and Chocolate.

Yesterday started off well, I had a good breakfast and lunch. We have a staffie at home and she wasn't well at all, she was sick twice and bit of trouble going to the loo, so me and mum spent the day nursing her and giving her belly massages.

Then at 7 I was cooking dinner and preparing lunch for today (01/11/13) and she had a seizure mid cooking (she's epileptic) so I over or undercooked my couscous not sure which, so made some rice as an alternative. But after he fitted I wasn't hungry. It's really traumatic for us when she does, it's so violent and scary, it's almost a year since it started ad every time were so annoyed because we hoped her medication had kicked in, she's on 4/5 tablets a day, both medicines effect liver and kidney function. She has regular blood tests and so far it's all fine but she's only 3, just a baby in staffie terms, it's so unfair, she doesn't deserve it she's such a soft soul. So I got a little emotional and ended up gorging on roasted parsnips (no oil) and we sent dad out to get chocolate!

Then about half past 10 she fitted again :( we couldn't believe it! So I was up till about half 2 in the morning crying my eyes out. So I had a rubbish sleep.

Food diary

Breakfast - toast (HEB) and pure soy sunflower spread (4syns tbs)

Lunch - jacket potatoes (F) baked beans (F) 2 LM sausages (4syns) Grapes (SF)

Dinner - parsnips (F) leeks (SF) mushrooms (SF)

Plus - 250mL soy milk (HEA)

Syns: Green and blacks chocolate (11syns)

Total 19syns

I'm away this weekend, mums keeping me posted on how she gets on over the weekend, we think maybe because she was sick she brought up her tablets so they didn't digest and so she fitted. That's what were holding on to anyway.

Last edited:
aww im really sorry about your dog, its awful when pets are ill, especially is your friends don't have pets and just think of them as animals when theyre clearly not!
x

Aw honey big hugs your way (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Such a shame I am not a pet person too many allergies but they are like family so understandably very upsetting.

Dxxx

aww im really sorry about your dog, its awful when pets are ill, especially is your friends don't have pets and just think of them as animals when theyre clearly not! x

It's awful :( we arranged cushions and a blanket on the sofa and she snuggled down just like I used to do when I was ill when I was little. They has such personalities I don't know how people just see them as a dog. She's been fine today thankfully! Fingers crossed

Aw honey big hugs your way (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) Such a shame I am not a pet person too many allergies but they are like family so understandably very upsetting. Dxxx

Thank you! Aww shame about allergies, don't know what I'd do if I was allergic :( she's our baby. It's worst for us than her, once she comes out of it she doesn't remember, then looks at us funny when we look upset lol

Och I know once they come out of it they are none the wiser really meanwhile you are stressed to the max!

Yeah I know hubby had to leave his cat with his aunt when we moved in together cos I am like a snivelling, sneezing puffy eyed wreck within 2 minutes of being near a cat.

Felt really bad about it but what can you do eh?

Dxxx

Day 5 - 1st November 2013 - Too many Syns, in so little time.

After a rubbish nights sleep checking on the pooch, I was running late for Uni. I had my weekend bag with me, and being silly I wore heeled boots for the first time in ages, which I had trouble walking in, and my feet burned. I had backup flats that are like slippers that fold in half into a little pouch bag, but look ridiculous. I missed my train and went to the cafe where I had a coffee and breakfast. Changing into my "slippers". Not in the mood for Uni at all.

I eventually got there in time for the class to leave because they'd finished early so I went and collected my uniform and headed to the train station. I got to my OHs town about 3 hours before he finished work so I went and sat in a bar till he finished, sipping on diet coke. We went for a meal, which was a disaster. They had ran out of jacket potatoes (thought I was on to a win), he had no idea what was in the vegetarian sausages but advised against them because they don't taste of anything, the vegetable bake came with the cheese on it already, so I ended up with a veggie burger, but I forgot to ask for no mayo. Luckily the lettuce formed a barrier between the patties and mayo. So I took out he tomatoes and patties and left the bun. I don't even know where to begin syning that. There were two vegetable patties made with carrot spinach and nuts, but they were only 2mm thick and about 1 1/2 inches wide/round. Probably not vegan either, which just peed me off more. We won't be eating there again, I don't trust anywhere, that food comes pre packaged, and the people don't know what's in the food. By the time he'd come back several times and we'd ordered we didn't have time to go somewhere else, as we were meeting friends.

Food Diary

Breakfast - dry toast (2HEB as 2 slices of wholemeal from 800g loaf) coffee with soy milk (HEA as it was my milk I provided and had measured).

Lunch - couple of mouthfuls of brown rice (F) with carrot (SF) onion (F) and swede (F) mixed together

Dinner - 2 veggie patties and handful of chips (10syns?)

Syns: copious amounts of alcohol (jack Daniels 25mL & diet coke) 27.5

NO takeaway on the way home. Win.

Total Syns: 37.5?

I'm not drinking till Christmas now and I don't know when I'll next be able to visit. I'm also doing a November squat challenge of 50 a day. I'm not happy with going over by so much, but it can be rectified easily, and won't happen again till Christmas.

These things happen honey.

Today I went on a crazy binge just dont know what came over me. I had 2 outsiders of a thick warburtons loaf caked in lurpak, another 2 slices with lurpak, peanut butter & jam. With a full fat can of coke & I had no excuse was just sitting around at home.

I am goin out for a meal tonight at an indian restaurant too - eeeeek!!!

Hope today is goin better for you.

Dxxx

These things happen honey. Today I went on a crazy binge just dont know what came over me. I had 2 outsiders of a thick warburtons loaf caked in lurpak, another 2 slices with lurpak, peanut butter & jam. With a full fat can of coke & I had no excuse was just sitting around at home. I am goin out for a meal tonight at an indian restaurant too - eeeeek!!! Hope today is goin better for you. Dxxx

They do indeed! On a very large scale! Mmm peanut butter and jam, love it! I think rogan josh is the healthiest option at an Indian! Enjoy!

x Kayla x

Day 6: Saturday 2nd November

Let's not talk about it shall we! :p
I think I've just resigned to the fact, it was a bad weekend and to let it go. Having the first weekend of Slimming World as a weekend I'm away seeing the other half was a bad idea.

I didn't have much to eat during the day. We went out for lunch, I was still feeling a bit delicate from Friday Nights shinanagans, so had a penne arribiatta with vegetables (mushroom, peppers, and onions) and it nearly blew my head of it was so spicy. I only had a few mouthfuls. I'm usually good with spicy, but wow, it made my eyes water.

In the evening we watched the Liverpool game (OHs team. Mines Chelsea) and I sipped on a pint of diet coke, only had one as I was shattered and not feeling too grand. Then we got home early evening and watched Atlantis because it's awesome!! And ordered a pizza. I had a small cheeseless veggie pizza which I think works out 33 syns with cheese so I'm going with that.

It was a bad day all round; with football results, too many syns, and the OHs bank card got swallowed by the machine. But had a nice evening of TV, cuddles, and I enjoyed that pizza! I decided that it was just a bad couple of days, and to be honest I didn't eat snacks which I normally would do, so I was slightly healthier than usual, which I don't know whether to be happy about or disgusted at considering!

Day 7 - Sunday 3rd November

I didn't eat much all day. I was trying to repair the damage of Friday and Saturday. I was bloated and (TMI) a bit bunged up if I'm honest. I knew my efforts were fruitless, and no matter how little I ate it wouldn't effect Monday's weigh in.

I wasn't particularly hungry. I don't eat when I'm completely miserable, and having to leave the OH and go back home makes me completely miserable. We both had tears; it's difficult, especially as I wasn't sure when I would be able to get back; Having to start work placement on the 11th and not knowing shifts yet, when we would see each other again was uncertain. I left early afternoon instead of evening, as I had to be up early for work placement induction.

Food Diary

Breakfast - Nothing

Lunch - Roasted Potatoes (F), Marrowfat peas (F)

Dinner - 2 slices wholemeal 800g (HEXB x 2) 1 tbs Pure Sunflower Spread (4syns) and Heinz Classic Vegetable Soup 400g (F)

Day 8 - Monday 4th November

Weighed in at 6am, for a 0.7lb loss. I'm not disappointed, I've been in a plateau for months, it's the biggest loss I've had in a while. I'm aiming for a 4lb loss next week to catch up. I have a full schedule, so I think that will help me eat properly.

I had induction at work placement today, and received my shifts for the next 4 weeks. I had to make sure I had the 29th November till 3rd December off as my parents are going away to Germany to see family. We lost my nans brother in law a couple of months a go and this is the soonest they could get over there. But, someone has to look after furbaby, and I don't trust anyone but myself, as she has to have three sets of medications a day at specific times for her epilepsy.

Thankfully, I managed to get those days off, whilst still fitting in my 13 shifts in 4 weeks. I was also really worried I wouldn't get a weekend to see the OH, but luckily I'm off the 23rd and 24th November, doing a shift on the Friday (22nd), meaning I'll be able to head up to see the OH after shift, getting there for around 9:30pm. Although, I'd have to head back early on the Sunday, ready for another shift on the Monday; Which isn't too bad, and definitely better than nothing!

It's going to be exhausting, and I just hope it's not too much all at once. From 11th November, I have 7 shifts till I see the OH and 10 shifts before I have those 5 days off. Actually, it's 6 because she gave me the 4th off too. I will need it, with the chronic fatigue and pain condition, and studying, which I will definitely need to do, because I'm already behind, and let's not forget, I have furbaby all to myself for 5 days! Lots of snuggles to look forward to!

Food Diary

Breakfast - Nothing

Lunch - Black coffee (F) - Didn't have time to eat

Mid afternoon - Heinz Vegetable soup

Dinner - 2 LM sausages (4syns), Mashed potato (F) splash of soy milk (from HEX-A), fried (in FryLight) Red onion (F)

Healthy Extra A - Alpro Chocolate (250mL) and Sweetened Soy (250mL)

Healthy Extra B - none

Syns - Sausages (4), Mint Thins (5syns) total: 9 syns

Goals for this Week
  • Eat Breakfast
  • Less Syns, below 10 a day
  • Try and go swimming at least once
  • Drink more water, at least 1.5L

These are perfectly achievable goals, and would really help me feel better, healthier, and help my weight-loss. I really need to get my act together. I need to work hard on my weight-loss, study hard, and work hard on placement. I want a better life for my and my OH. I can, and will do this.

Last edited:
Woweee you are gonna be a busy lass.

Lots on but like you say at least you have time to spend with OH & the furbaby!

I am glad you are not disappointed with your loss like you say the still coming off & you can now focus on the next week.

Dxxx

Back