From CD to Low GI/Paul McKenna

Yes Mini, if you can resist, it will make you a lot stronger!! A couple of days ago, I had the urge to go the store round the corner and buy pringles (don't know why, i don't even like crisps!!!), I'd started thinking of putting my shoes on to go get them but then I thought to myself.. if I can resist not having them today, next time I feel like something else, I'll remember I managed to resist this time so it will be easier for me to say no next time. Just try really hard Mini.. and you know the proud feeling you felt the other day when you didn't have any??..It will multiply:D

Thanks Mini:) It was a hard week but I'm proud that I made it through. The loss has really spurred me on for next week but I have to keep in mind that this SSing journey is a very narrow path!! It doesn't take a lot to wander off.. but as Mike says 'keep your eyes on the prize'.. and I intend to do that!!!

As for the chocolate saga last night, I'm really proud of you for resisting!!! Well done and keep resisting those temptations:D :D

Thanks Zareena,

I do think will power is like a muscle the more you use it the stronger it will get.

Also, little bit afraid of Pierce...if I ate his chocolate he would have a fit..not cos' he did not want me to have any, but more, I guess he would be disappointed in me; for he knows what chocolate does to me... and then I would be double disappointed and so on...

Love Mini xxx

So is success!!

5.25lbs!!!!

I lost 5.25lbs!!! Oh my gosh!! I beat my target!! I'm soo proud!! Thats 11lbs in 2 weeks!!! I've never lost this much in 2 weeks on all my restarts..I'm definitely going to keep this going..this must be a good sign:) :)

Thanks to Beverly, my thread was lost but now its been found!!!.. I can't believe the last time I posted on here was on the 14th of August, sunday would have made it exactly five months!!!!:eek: Oh well, I'm going to have to try really hard to post on here, its just that I'm so much better on other people's threads but I'm so rubbish on my own..LOL! I'm not so much of a talker myself but since my last post on here, things have been up and down. I had to come off SS soon after that post because of financial reasons, mainly because my account was defrauded of a large some of money. Anyway, that is still being dealt with at the banks but life has to go on right?!

Diet wise, I managed to maintain my loss mainly using the Paul McKenna system and even lost a couple of pounds while on it (it could have been more if I had been more stricter with myself and listened to my body a whole load more) and sadly gained one or two pounds over christmas. To cut a long story short, I've come back on CD now and since I've gone under BMI 26 (as of today..woo hoo), I can't SS anymore. I've decided to go on CD790.. I have a feeling I'm not really allowed to but frankly I need to stay on there until I'm BMI 25 (which is roughly 5lbs away) and afterwards start on the CD1000 program or alternatively start using PMcK to lose the last stone!...

That is my journey so far and I look forward to hearing from all of you :D

Hey you

Going onto CD1000 would still get you some good losses, but as long as you're being honest with your CDC mate ;)

I love the fact that you were using Paul McKenna - why didn't you carry on honey?

Hey you

Going onto CD1000 would still get you some good losses, but as long as you're being honest with your CDC mate ;)

I love the fact that you were using Paul McKenna - why didn't you carry on honey?

Funny enough hun, my CDC is quite happy with me carrying on SS at the moment until I get to goal. Its only because I know from here that I really shouldn't that I've moved on to CD790 (only from today really).

I should really have carried on with Paul McKenna, just that I wanted the weight off quicker, at least until I got to BMI 25.. I suppose 5lbs away I will resume with him just to lose the last stone and as a way of life really. Before you and Diva and this site, I never actually had the slightest inclination to discover what the program was all about. I did actually find it quite easy and funny enough I found I was making all healthy choices simply because I knew I could have the 'naughty' things whenever I wanted but only if i REALLY wanted it and that was cool. Only thing that worried me though was that I ended up only ever really being hungry once a day and I had to force myself to eat a second meal even though it was only something really small in the evenings.

BTW How do I change the title of my thread? I seem to have forgot :(

Maybe I'm just plain daft..

I don't understand how to do it. What exactly on the right do I click?

Hiya ......... found you!!!

Will keep checking in - so don't you dare going and lose this again!! ONce lost is forgivable ... after that it's just plain carelessness!!!!!!

Thanks for being there for me yesterday - feeling much better today!

See you soon!

LOL! Don't worry, I ain't going no where this time:D I'm here to stay :). I'm glad you feel much better today! I'm feeling really good today too. I think I might pop out for a bit, go shopping or something:D. I'm going to look for your thread now..

Just as the title says...

Well on Monday, I swapped over from CD to a Low GI diet following Paul McKenna principles. Basically as my BMI is now below 26 I just thought I might as well stick to the rules and come off CD790 but rather than doing CD1000 I decided to go back to PMcK as I had rather good results when I tried it over the summer. So as from now, I will be keeping a food/exercise dairy on here and be recording my weight losses on mondays. The only thing I'm slightly worrried about at this stage is the potential of me putting on weight due to glycogen stores replenishment. I suppose I'm just going to have to see what happens on monday.. Anyways, my food/exercise dairy over the last couple of days look something like this

MONDAY

Breakfast: Nothing (mostly because I wasn't hungry and secondly I was running late!!)

Lunch: Salad with chicken breasts & prawns

Supper: Veg & salmon

Exercise:35mins x trainer
10mins bike
10mins weights & stretches

TUESDAY

Breakfast: Coffee & oat & wholemeal bisuits

Lunch: Open Chicken sandwich (1 slicke wholemeal bread) & apple

Supper: Veg & tuna steak

Exercise: 35mins cross trainer
10mins bike
10mins weights & stretches

I realise that I'm probably not eating enough but the size of my stomach is very tiny at the moment, I presume it will stretch but hopefully not to the size it was before:eek: ..lol!

Thanks hun! Lets just hope I don't screw it up...infact I won't!!! Especially now that I know you're interested in what the results will be.:D

LOL! Oh and can I ask you hun..? I tested for ketones today (please don't ask me what the point in that was..lol) and somehow I'm still in the pink!!:confused:

You obviously have a high carb level - basically you can eat a higher level of carbs and be in ketosis than other people :)

Back