From chunky monkey to slim jim...I will never be a skinny minnie!!

I completely understand where you're coming from on this one. Its been a downfall of mine on diets before to lose a couple of stone and still not see or feel any different. It just made me think it was going to take FOREVER to see any actual progress and after a while I completely lost motivation and ended up back at square one. I think the mini goals idea is great, it's so nice knowing you're no more than a few weeks away from your next target. The SW half stone awards are fab as I always know I'm never too far away from my next award. I'm trying not to look at the bigger picture at the moment and just focus on my mini goals. I know in time it will start becoming noticeable but at my size I'm prepared for it to take 3 stone or so before I really start to feel differently. Just keep on plan and i'm sure by the time you reach 2 stones you really will be able to tell, in the mean time it's just a matter of plodding along I guess and using the mini goals to inspire you.

Sorry for rambling on but I also wanted to ask, how do you find the red and green days compared to EE? I've only ever tried EE so far, but I've got to say I love the idea of 2 lots of healthy extra's! :D I might try a green day at the weekend when I'm making my SW lasagna so I can make it extra cheesy!

Thank you :) it's nice to know I'm not alone!! I think I need to lose at least 2 stone before I start to feel it, and I know it'll come, but I just feel a bit fed up this week.

To be honest you inspired me with the mini goals!! I have them all (about 30!) on the kitchen cupboard but when I saw your post this morning I decided to log them on here. So thank you :D

With the days, to be honest I mostly do EE (makes life much easier with my OH, he likes SW meals but loves meat and does a lot of gym etc so likes/needs pasta and rice at the same time). But I tend to throw in the odd green and red (I'm slowly easing him in :D) - if I lived alone I'd pretty much live on green days! But I have started in the last three weeks or so to have an occasional red day, I tend to overdo potatoes and pasta so think it's good for me. And I LOVE having the extra cheese, I am a full on cheese fiend!!

Glad the mini goals thing helped. I think failing at this so many times before is actually helping me this time because I know where I've gone wrong in the past and I'm determined not to do it again. One day at a time is my new moto!

I'm def gonna try a green day on Saturday and see how I find it. The only trouble with me is I'm not so good at planning out meals in advance. I often go to the shops for meals on the same day, so I think most of the time EE will probably suit me better as I can chop and change depending on what takes my fancy! But of course any plan that allows you to have extra cheese has got to be done from time to time! ;)

I'm def gonna try a green day on Saturday and see how I find it. The only trouble with me is I'm not so good at planning out meals in advance. I often go to the shops for meals on the same day, so I think most of the time EE will probably suit me better as I can chop and change depending on what takes my fancy! But of course any plan that allows you to have extra cheese has got to be done from time to time! ;)

Cheese is definitely worth it!!

EE is more flexible I think, definitely. But if you can plan ahead (I've forced myself to start doing it and it really helps!) maybe try throwing in a green day once or twice a week.

Hi Flix

Here to subscribe! Also completly in the same boat as you. I have lost 1.5 stone since I started SW in July and just can't see it myself. My clothes feel exactly the same! My OH says he can tell but it's not as easy to believe it when someone says it. I need to feel it!

Good luck with your journey - here for support!

xxx

Hi there, I'm here to subscribe too :)

Don't get yourself intoa rutt just because you haven't seen a difference yet - Been there, done that. One day you'll wake up and you'll see/feel the difference. It happened to me. Just wait until you have to buy a smaller size because your clothes are too baggy :)

Hello Im here too!

When I lost weight last time (before I put it and more back on like a FOOL) I was a big size 18 and it took 3 stone loss before I moved sizes and was suddenly a 12. I don't know how many 16s and 14s I tried on but could never get into them.

It just suddenly happens! This time Im nearly 2 stone and a half off and im still in a 16 so who knows just got to plod on.

If you ever read my diary you will see we are all the same. ups and downs and me more than most!
Ive been known to sit and cry about being fat while eating a Chinese! That sounds vile written down

Big love and hugs and youre doing great!
Mini goals are the best way!

Hi Flix

Here to subscribe! Also completly in the same boat as you. I have lost 1.5 stone since I started SW in July and just can't see it myself. My clothes feel exactly the same! My OH says he can tell but it's not as easy to believe it when someone says it. I need to feel it!

Good luck with your journey - here for support!

xxx

Ahh thank you!!! And I will be here for you too :)

It is weird isn't it - I know we should be so proud for losing what we have but I don't think it'll sink in until I'm in a size smaller!!

xx

Hi there, I'm here to subscribe too :)

Don't get yourself intoa rutt just because you haven't seen a difference yet - Been there, done that. One day you'll wake up and you'll see/feel the difference. It happened to me. Just wait until you have to buy a smaller size because your clothes are too baggy :)

Thank you - it's nice to know I'm not alone!!! I know it'll happen one day, I just want it to be today :D

Hello Im here too!

When I lost weight last time (before I put it and more back on like a FOOL) I was a big size 18 and it took 3 stone loss before I moved sizes and was suddenly a 12. I don't know how many 16s and 14s I tried on but could never get into them.

It just suddenly happens! This time Im nearly 2 stone and a half off and im still in a 16 so who knows just got to plod on.

If you ever read my diary you will see we are all the same. ups and downs and me more than most!
Ive been known to sit and cry about being fat while eating a Chinese! That sounds vile written down

Big love and hugs and youre doing great!
Mini goals are the best way!

Hi Emma, and thank you for being so lovely :) I will certainly have a look at your diary. That honestly is the best thing about minis - meeting and talking to people who are in exactly the same boat. Honestly I think I would have gone off the wagon this week without it, but reading that so many others find the same thing has kept me in track and made me believe that it will happen one day!!

Good evening everyone - it's only blooming Friday :D and better still the Friday before a three day weekend!!

Just about to start cooking tea, Mediterranean cod (recipe from the SW website) with rice, green beans and broccoli. First time trying the recipe so hope it's a good one!!

Then I've got to get myself sorted - I'm going to London tomorrow for the weekend, my two best friends have a flat there together and it's one of their birthdays on Sunday. So got to pack!

I'll have to be up bright and early to get to weigh in for dead on 10:30am (taking my little case with me!). Then onto a bus straight back into town to rush for my train which is at 11:30. Going to my friends' then out in the evening for dinner and a show, amazing!!! No idea what I'll be eating or when but I know one thing - good choices need to be made :D

I'm sooooo excited.

Sounds like a fab weekend planned! Have a good one xxx

Have had a fantastic weekend thank you!

So good to catch up with my friends, I don't see them that often but we have that brilliant thing where literally within three seconds it's like we've never been apart. Went to see Wicked last night which was AMAZING. I loved it so much! Want to see it again!!

Food wise the weekend was a write off - basically didn't eat a single proper cooked meal. Yesterday all I'd eaten all day was soup and (white) bread until midnight when I had a KFC!! Whoops.

Oh well, I don't feel that bad about it because at the end of the day it's so rare for me to spend the weekend with friends like that! Back on track tomorrow, have bought in stuff for a big 'fry' up in the morning, thought I'd treat myself and the boyfriend seeing as it's bank holiday.

Hope everyone else is having a lovely long weekend xx

Oh and I almost forgot, another one pound off this week :)

Sounds like you had a great weekend, and well done on that pound too! :) We all need to let our hair down from time to time, but as long as we get back on plan after it's not going to be a problem in the long term. Enjoy your SW fry up tomorrow!

Well done for your pound loss this week, that's great :)

Don't worry too much about the weekend, like you said if it's a rare occasion then why not have a gorgeous KFC and just let your hair down :)

Well done on your loss hun! And a bit of something naughty at the weekend means you are human, like Emma and Cheesethief say, let your hair down then get back on plan!

xx

Thanks ladies.

I will confess to having been thrown off plan a bit by the weekend :mad: so cross with myself!

Going to try and reign it in now for the rest of the week (damage limitation!!). Fully expecting a deserved gain this Saturday, but have already started my planning for next week's food. I'm ashamed to say it but I don't think I've had a single completely 100% on plan week since I started SW (missing a HEx, too many syns etc) so my aim is to do a 100% week from Saturday seeing as there is nothing planned that may scupper me.

Thank you for all your support xx

Hey Flix, try not to be too hard on yourself. I'm the same and in the past before SW when I've had 'bad' weekends I've found it incredibly hard to get back onto the plan. You're only human and I guess your body just needs to adjust to SW food again. I'll be honest too, I haven't had a 100% week since my first week, instead I've saved syns up for when I've gone out for a meal or something and maybe had 30-40 syns that day, but under 5 a day the rest of the time. It seems to have worked though and it really helps me stay on plan knowing I can enjoy a meal out without totally blowing the diet!

I want to try a complete 100% week soon though just to see what kind of loss I can achieve! I've also been thinking about success express, maybe you could give that a go for the rest of the week or something to compensate for your bad days? I'm not 100% how it works but all the info's in the book, I think its just eating more super free and less free and fewer syns, don't quote me on that though! I'm sure Saturday won't be as bad as you imagine anyway, if you're anything like me when you're being naughty now it'll be way less naughty than you were before you started SW!

I'm sure Saturday won't be as bad as you imagine anyway, if you're anything like me when you're being naughty now it'll be way less naughty than you were before you started SW!

Haha now that is very very true!!

I've got my meals planned for tomorrow and Friday so should be roughly on plan, then starting afresh on Saturday (I know you can get back on plan at any point in the week but somehow I'm mentally more focused if I start on a new week!!

Will 'fess up the damage on Saturday, whatever it is... So nice to know you'll still be here believing in me though :) so thank you. Maybe we should aim for a 100% week together!!

Yeah lets do it together then next week and try to be 100%! :) I've got nothing planned so far which is good as it means there's nothing in the works to screw it up! I'll be starting my 100% week this Monday though as going out for a meal on Sunday, but looking forward to doing it with you. As an added incentive that will hopefully be the week I get my first stone award - I've got 4.5lbs to go, so not really achievable this week, but next week I reckon I can do it! :cool:

Back