From chunky monkey to slim jim...I will never be a skinny minnie!!

Hey hun, welcome back and no slinking necessary! ;) It's a pity about the 2lbs but we've all been there at some point, the hardest part is actually coming back and aiming to get back on plan after a slip up. Hope weigh in wasn't too bad today, but either way after that you can now draw a line under it and start afresh.

It's always tricky when you're super busy as it makes planning and preparing meals so tough. Is there any way you could find the time to prepare your work food the night before to make things a bit easier?

Maybe we put a bit too much pressure on ourselves too with that '100% week' the week before last - I ended up having a chicken and chips and blowing it on day 2! :rolleyes: Anyway I hope this week is a lot better for you. Is there any chance you can make a different group instead if you cant WI at your normal one? xx

Phew - 2lbs off so I've lost my gain from last week!!

CT - I try my best to plan and prepare but in the day I still find myself grabbing extra stuff! It's just my own silly brain me lack of willpower :) the next two weeks are going to be total madness, I work at a university and all our new students are arriving next weekend so we have soooooooo much going on!!

Just need to focus focus focus :) and I know I'll have more energy if I eat less rubbish!

Got home after my scale victory this morning and felt all chilly, it's so grey and miserable outside. Used my HEx A and B to make a cheese toastie - mmm proper comfort food!! Had loads of cherry tomatoes and some 'proper' crisps with it so it felt like a proper treat, without going syns mad (better than my previous after weigh in treat, which was the chip shop on the way home :rolleyes:).

Making the SW chicken tikka masala again tonight, mmmm. Just marinated my chicken and put it in the fridge. Now going to start looking at planning meals for this week, and maybe do an exercise video later...

Ahhh love Saturdays :D

Well - I just did my exercise video for the first time in ages - knackered! Feel like I need a sleep!!

There are two 'laps' of the exercises and I can barely get through the first set! The second half I do my best but can hardly do any of it properly! But I did it, and I'm proud of myself :)

And as I don't have any weights, for the dumbbell section I used cartons of passata :D

Yey! Fab news that you got those 2lbs off, that's brill! Well done on hitting the exercise vid too. I have a Gillian Micheals on that I did ONCE and I was so ashamed at how unfit I was that I haven't attempted it since. It's daft really as I bought a stepper and dumb bells so I really should give it another go! Will be easier than relying on walks for exercise with all this miserable wintry weather we're having lately!

Yeah I think it's a good idea :) the weather was so cold and miserable this morning I couldn't face going out for a swim, so did my video instead in the comfort of my own home! I like being able to collapse on the sofa afterwards :D

And at least you know that no matter how unfit you feel and how hard the first time is, it'll be easier next time... Hopefully :D

Well done on the loss and exercise I realky need to get back into exercising but at the mo the weather is so pants I just wanna get the jamas on

Hope youve had a nice weekend x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well done on the loss and exercise I realky need to get back into exercising but at the mo the weather is so pants I just wanna get the jamas on

Hope youve had a nice weekend x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I'm exactly the same, I'd much rather be curled up on the sofa watching the rubbish weather through the window!!! No interest in being outside in it at all!!

Thats why I ended up doing my video, as you can do that inside and then fall on the sofa :)

NSV ALERT!!!! NSV ALERT!!!! :D

Found a gorge cardi in New Look this afternoon - automatically reached for an 18 and tried it on. Thought it was a tad loose, dared try on a 16 and – it fit perfectly!!! Yes it's a slouchy cardi, and I don't think I'd fit a 16 in a more fitted top, but - woohoo!!!

In the same shopping trip I bought some jeans as well - these were a 20 but considering I couldn't fasten a 20 when I started SW I'm also counting that as a win :)

Edit: wow, the NSVs keep coming! Was putting my new clothes away in the wardrobe and saw a fitted size 18 jumper I bought just before I started SW. At the time I could get it on but it was SO clingy, highlighted every lump and bump and looked awful. And now - fits like a glove :D

Last edited:
Yayyy! That's awesome news! The numbers on the scale often only give us half of the story and its things like fitting into a smaller size of wearing something you grew out of that really make this journey so worthwhile. Have a great week! x

Hey hun, how ya getting on this week? x

Hey!

Just a flying visit - I'm knackered! Been working 11/12 hour days all week, working all weekend and all next week as well! So taking this brief opportunity to chill!

Food-wise food has been ok. Haven't eaten enough as been rushed off my feet! But when I have eaten in the day it's been planned SW fry up.

Going to weigh at home tomorrow as cant get to class. I have tested my scales pretty much every week when I've got back from class and they always weigh about the same, so happy to trust them tomorrow. That time of the month has crept up on me and I've barely drunk any water this week :( so not holding much hope for weigh in!! But I want to know how I'm getting on.

How are you doing CT??

Good luck on the scales tomorrow hun. Sounds mental at work, hopefully things will settle down soon for you. I've been doing good this week thanks, it's my * week too so I'm feeling a bit bloated at the minute but should be fine by WI on Tue with a bit of luck x

Hey! Just popping in to sub, good luck with your home weigh intomorrow! X

Sent from my GT-P3110 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks ladies :) so lovely to know you're still here even when I go AWOL!!

Just had dinner - homemade Nandos chicken with the hot marinade, so delish but my tongue is on fire!! The good thing is it makes me drink lots of water :D

Hey, how did you get on with the WI hun?

Hope all went well, if not remember its a fresh week now! :)

Hello all!!

Phew - I'm SHATTERED!!!! Worked 12 days straight, long days, I'm ruined! Dragged myself out of bed this morning to go to Slimming World and...

4lb off :D

That's over two weeks but I'm still chuffed to bits. Got my half stone award, woohoo! 3 and a half pounds to go for my club 10, and so close to being 'just' obese according to my BMI!!

Sorry again for pulling a disappearing act but I should actually get chance to post again now!

Hope everyone is well x

Aww hunny I'm made up for you! That's fantastic news! Must have been so hard these last couple of weeks too with your manic workload.

I can't wait to be just 'obese' either! lol

Back