from exante to atkins diary

honeytemple88

Silver Member
hello everyone my names kaylee im 24 have to beautiful children and have always had issues with my weight (always the fat kid ), at my biggest i weighted 15st12lb and was misrabel my relationship broke down cause i was so down and thought my ex would find some1 else, what he did!!! anyway after years of being despressed and very down in the dumps i reached my heaviest weight and decided to do somethink about it , i went from 15st12 to 13st2 in 9 months with healthy choices and smaller portion, in july 2011 i started exante ts i went to 11.7 in the 1st month but the last year has just been maintaing that , im happy to say that i have maintained.

now im on my last weight loss journey to loss the last 24lb and get down to my 9 st 7lb target ,
i started atkins on the 27th july 2012, im currently on day 3 , ive got ketostix and am happy that im in ketosis already , but honestly i havent been struggling at all with this diet i did exante a few days before atkins so comparing no food to loads of lovely food i aint complaining i love it ,

i no atkins aint going to be a quick fix im happy to loss 1lb a week because i honestly see this as a new eating plan and healthy way of living lossing lb and inches are just a plus .

well day 1 food:
breakfast: grilled gammon slice with poached egg
lunch; ham salad lettuce cucumber spring onion 1 tomato and tablespoon mayonaise.
dinner: cheese burger bake , =think i made it wrong it was but was somethink different so cut up and froze the rest .

day 2 food:

breakfast: 4 slices of bacon
lunch: hotdog with onions but no roll, took kids out so had to compromise
dinner: made a chicken curry with chicken mushrooms chilli garlic onions cream and spices i froze half cause all to gether was bout 14carbs so halfed meant i was only having around 7carbs
i had some whipped cream in the evening ,

day 3 food so far;

breakfast : gammon steak and fried egg
lunch will be tuna salad but have decided what dinner will be ,

i would really apreciate people giving me advice on my food so far and if you think im going wrong anywhere want to start of good and strong ,

thank you so much kaylee x

Welcome Kaylee. I've moved from exante too but am low carbing rather than Atkins (diary on the low carb board). Feels great to eat lots of lovely food doesn't it? Did you have an exante diary? I'm finding it a lot quieter on these boards but very welcoming just the same.

What I have found useful is logging all my food/drink on My Fitness Pal. If you set up your carbs for whatever your target % is then the site automatically does the ratios for your protein and fat. Helps you see whether your getting the ratios right or whether you need to adjust. Something to look at when you've done induction maybe?

Anyway, keep your green veg up and drink lots of water... these two things have helped me enormously. I'm sure people with experience of Atkins will be along soon!

Have a lovely day:Dxx

Welcome Kaylee. I've moved from exante too but am low carbing rather than Atkins (diary on the low carb board). Feels great to eat lots of lovely food doesn't it? Did you have an exante diary? I'm finding it a lot quieter on these boards but very welcoming just the same.

What I have found useful is logging all my food/drink on My Fitness Pal. If you set up your carbs for whatever your target % is then the site automatically does the ratios for your protein and fat. Helps you see whether your getting the ratios right or whether you need to adjust. Something to look at when you've done induction maybe?

Anyway, keep your green veg up and drink lots of water... these two things have helped me enormously. I'm sure people with experience of Atkins will be along soon!

Have a lovely day:Dxx

ar thanx hun and yeah atkins is alot quiter than the exante chat rooms i will def have to have a read of your diary, ive never heard of fitness pal will have to join up will def help me thank you so much for your comment namaste look forward to reading your diary x

Hello hun

Well done on the losses so far. The only thing that may hinder you is the salt content of gammon/ham/bacon so you may need to keep an eye on them

Also onions are pretty carby so a lot of us use spring onions instead which brings down the carb count.

Good luck with your journey x

thanks for your comment aply i don't add salt to my food so i never thought bout the saltyness in the gammon bacon and ham will defently have to refink my breakfast maybe scrambled egg or omelette don't need any extra water weigh , and ive aloud myself for normal onion but i think after i get more into it i will def use spring onion instead of normal onions but at the moment im struggling to get all my carbs down me im not normaly hungry til 5-6 after breakfast but have to stuff in a lunch cause defently don't want my body going into starvation mode and holding on to this fat but thanks for the advice will def rethink my opions thank you x

I think you'll be fine with gammon and ham- we actually need a certain amount of salt on Atkins as drinking so much flushes it all out and if you don't add salt then you'll need some salty food now and then.

Try to make sure you're getting 15g of carbs from veggies daily. Cauli is great, as is courgette, asparagus, broccoli etc. Plenty of fats - cook in butter and oil - and all should go smoothly. Looks like a great start.

oh thats great cause i love bacon but will cut back abit and give myself more options and just had my dinner steak mushrooms and cauliflower although only managed to eat my steak and mushrooms cause i was full and need to get out the habit of eatting past that stage and clearing my plate, i love atkins i really do best diet in the world u can eat lovely food and still lose weight were can you go wrong :-D

good morning everyone just hade my breakfast of 2 eggs scrambled in butter was delicious was going to have sausages 2 but looked at the carbs and was quite shocked how many carbs are in sausages so wont be eatting to many sausages lol well today is day 5 i hade a checky sneaky peak on the scales to day and i weight 11st1lb6oz im so happy im so close to the 10's i can taste it :-D so im 5lb down after 4whole days of atkins i no its mainly water being lost but ever way seeing the scales today put a big grin on my face, i won't be weighting in now until the morning of day 8 if i can lose 1lb 6oz by then i would be over the moon but even if my weight dosnt move still going to be happy , im the lightest ive been in 11years and im only 5lb6oz away from a healthy bmi range , so will def have a smile on my face all day ,

i plan to have chilli prawns and salad for lunch and grilled chicken and veg for dinner will be on to update later.

p.s ive heard its common to experience atkins flu around this time and was really wondering what the symtoms were ive noticed ive been geting tired around 5-6 but not experienced any other side effects of yet but would really like to know what to expect ???

thank you kaylee x

Sounds like a really good start!

Sausages are often made with rusk or breadcrumbs, that's why they're carby. If you look in the stickies section there's a shopping list with the best low carb sausages on - many are nearly zero carb.

Cricket well done that's a fab loss you must be over the moon

Angie x

good morning everyone just hade my breakfast of 2 eggs scrambled in butter was delicious was going to have sausages 2 but looked at the carbs and was quite shocked how many carbs are in sausages so wont be eatting to many sausages lol well today is day 5 i hade a checky sneaky peak on the scales to day and i weight 11st1lb6oz im so happy im so close to the 10's i can taste it :-D so im 5lb down after 4whole days of atkins i no its mainly water being lost but ever way seeing the scales today put a big grin on my face, i won't be weighting in now until the morning of day 8 if i can lose 1lb 6oz by then i would be over the moon but even if my weight dosnt move still going to be happy , im the lightest ive been in 11years and im only 5lb6oz away from a healthy bmi range , so will def have a smile on my face all day ,

i plan to have chilli prawns and salad for lunch and grilled chicken and veg for dinner will be on to update later.

p.s ive heard its common to experience atkins flu around this time and was really wondering what the symtoms were ive noticed ive been geting tired around 5-6 but not experienced any other side effects of yet but would really like to know what to expect ???

thank you kaylee x

Have a look in Morrisons chilled sausages bit for *The Black Farmer* premium pork sausages ...3 sausages is only 2 g of carbs
x

Have a look in Morrisons chilled sausages bit for *The Black Farmer* premium pork sausages ...3 sausages is only 2 g of carbs
x

oh thats so great mo-jo will def have to take a trip upto sutton n get some cause i love sausages, thanks for you comment x

Cricket well done that's a fab loss you must be over the moon

Angie x

thank you ange yeah i really am i no it mainly water but still it gets me closer to the 10's thank you for your comment hunni x

Sounds like a really good start!

Sausages are often made with rusk or breadcrumbs, that's why they're carby. If you look in the stickies section there's a shopping list with the best low carb sausages on - many are nearly zero carb.

thank you moonlight will defently take a look at the stickie thank you for your comment x

good morning well food didnt go to my plan yesterday had my scrambled egg for breakfast ended up meeting with a friend and we went for lunch i had a packet of pork scratchings around 1 and at 4 went and had a mixed grill managed to swap the chips for a extra sausage so had rump steak gammon steak a chicken breast fried egg half tomato 2sausages and peas couldnt manage to eat the sausages and didnt touch the peas as i didnt no if i was aloud them plus was stuffed so even if i wanted to i don't think i could have managed it , will be having my breakfast soon not sure what yet and havent planed my days intake as i will be out but will defently take somethink with me so im not caught in a stickie situation ,

also had a beating headache from 7pm last night im puting this down to maybe not anoth carbs or not anoth water but will def be uping both today, hope every1 doing well onwards and downwards only 2 days til my official week 1 weigh in ,

ended up having left over curry for breakfast /lunch and a chicken salad just now i did bout 13carbs with the chicken salad and must av been 4-5 carbs in the curry although only eat the piesce of chicken as seeing i made the sause myself with cream wasnt so nice reheated , so ive hed my carbs for the day i wont have another big meal but might pick at some cheese or have a couple pork scratching have to see how i fel, today been feeling very achy and tired and have just started geting a headache so will be takin some tablets and having a early night once kids are in been bring on 7pm, i think i might have to leave off the exercise for a few days and let my body adjust cause ive never felt this weak before not a nice feeling , plus really need sleep so dont help x

well day 7 today and going all well didnt have any breakfast this morning had a stressful day with kids dada and didnt really feel like eatting but managed to get a pack of pork scratchings down me for dinner i had gammon steak filled with cheese and mustard raped in pancheta with cauliflower cheese made my own cheese sauce with cream n grated cheese was delicious so fantastic dinner feeling very stuffed now so doubt ill manage any fink big later might have a cheese board but will see if i get hungry tomorrow wil be my week weight in aint looked at the scale since wed and was 11.1.6 so as long as theres no gain im fine with that , i cant believe ho much beter with outs healthy eatting diet feel so much beter with out the carbs , i was always optamistic with atkins but sooooooooooooooo.......... glad i gave it a try it so the diet for me x

Hello im Becky starting im starting on Monday :) im currently on CD.. but struggling can i ask did u gain weight when u finished exante? x

Good luck hun

well this is my 1st week becky i gained a 1.5lb the 1st day but have lost that now plus 4lb more its def the best diet ive come across its so easy to stick to no hunger no cravings and great food ,

good morning everyone well today is my week 1 weigh in n i now weight 11st1.0lb so started atkins i weighted 11st6.6lb so thats a loss of 5.6lb so am very happy i really hope to be in the 10's next week. did measurements today and ive lost 1inch from my waist stomack both upper thighs i lost 0.5inch on my upper arms and an amazing 1.5inch of my hips so thats proof that my body shrinking vey happy ,

going to have my gammon and eggs now and will update later what ive eaten today very happy with my week 1 weigh in x

Wow great loss well done you....I lost 3lbs this week ....my first week ....u must be buzzing xx

Back