From Fat Matt to... well, we'll see!

Thanks tamkat, Gemsta and Elanor!

Aha Gemsta, I hear that a lot, you're more than welcome to have my chest :p

Aha, baby face too Elanor? I have people asking if I'm 17, and I'm 22. I walked in the kitchen once when my younger sister had her friend who is younger than me around, and he asked if I had school the next day. I think I was 20 at the time, what the hell.... :p

I don't think I was ever in denial, just kind of accepted I was fat and that was it, which is a sad place to be. But I'm out of it now :D

Well, being home for the Easter holidays is making me a little naughty and going off plan. Going to get very merry tonight (if my friend isn't too ill), for the first time in 5 months, woop!

Thanks tamkat, Gemsta and Elanor!

Aha, baby face too Elanor? I have people asking if I'm 17, and I'm 22. I walked in the kitchen once when my younger sister had her friend who is younger than me around, and he asked if I had school the next day. I think I was 20 at the time, what the hell.... :p

I don't think I was ever in denial, just kind of accepted I was fat and that was it, which is a sad place to be. But I'm out of it now :D

Well, being home for the Easter holidays is making me a little naughty and going off plan. Going to get very merry tonight (if my friend isn't too ill), for the first time in 5 months, woop!

I have been told I have a young face :D It used to really annoy me, mainly when buying alcohol, as I would get ID'd and I would think "but I'm 26"!! lol, Then they look at you as if they don't believe you, and that your driver's license is fake....Now when I am asked for ID I try to take it as a compliment :D Hopefully I will age well!!

I think I just stuck my fingers in my ears and pretended I wasn't lol. Plus, having my Mum telling me all the time I needed to lose weight just made me even more stubborn about it lol. You're right, accepting it is a sad place to be. But doing something about it means you can get on and live your life :)

Enjoy your evening :) And as for being a bit naughty, as long it is isn't all day everyday you'll be fine, just be on plan when you can :)

"ageing well" is the benefit of baby face that I'm clinging onto aswell!

Quite a few people told me I'd put on weight, but I genuinely believed at the time that my clothes had just shrunk!

I had a lovely night! Drunken me went into pig out mode, aha. I'd bought a large doner meat and chips, and told the guy who gave it to me that it was a stingy portion :D I then walked to another takeout as I craved a burger, but that was closed. Maybe these two were a sign to stop seeking out food, aha. Then when I got home, I had some minstrels, mini cheddars, and made myself a bacon and sausage bap. I was just drunkenly laughing on my own at how I'd taken off the bacon fat, used WeightWatchers sausages and counted the bap as my HE B when I'd willingly not cared what else I'd put in my body that night. Slimming World is now officially ingrained into my mind :p

I remember 'shrunken clothes syndrome' well. ;) For a while I thought it was a genuine thing :D

I'm glad you had a good night :D You remind me of me lol, can't beat a doner kebab, chips and burger combo :D I must say I am impressed that even when drunk you were thinking about SW and your healthy extra's!! :8855:

Hi Matt,
Well done on your weight loss! :)
Thanks for posting this btw, as It's really made me want to join Slimming World.
I'm in the situation that you were in a few months ago (which is a pretty bad place, as you know!)
Hoping to loose 4 stone in the next few months, as I start uni in September.

Thanks again!
Matt. (My name too!)

Also, any tips would be great- to help me keep motivated!

I know Elanor, daft mind I have at times :D

Hey Matt :D Love comments like that, means a lot so cheers! Are you 21/22 aswell? Just guessing from your username lol. Same name, maybe similar age, same month we want to be at target :p Which uni are you going to? About tips, I'll have to have a think and let you know! Don't want you feeling overloaded during your first week!

I know Elanor, daft mind I have at times :D

Hey Matt :D Love comments like that, means a lot so cheers! Are you 21/22 aswell? Just guessing from your username lol. Same name, maybe similar age, same month we want to be at target :p Which uni are you going to? About tips, I'll have to have a think and let you know! Don't want you feeling overloaded during your first week!

Hey. Yeh I'm 21! Very similar! Off to Liverpool. Ah that's alright :) I've done so many diets. I did get down to 12 stone about 2 years a go, but piled it back on now. Do you find taking pics of yourself are a good way to keep on track?

Nice, love Liverpool's city centre :) I can't even remember the last time I was in the 12 range. I think I have been, it's the 11's I don't ever remember seeing, so even more excited for that stone range.

For me personally, I don't take photos often. The ones I posted the other day are my third lot in 6 months. I'd probably find it demotivating if I took them once every month as there would be a different, but probably too small for me to see or appreciate. I'll probably take more when I lost another stone/stone and a half, as I'm thinking that as I'm getting smaller, hopefully it'll show up more even if I lose less.

Here to Sub Matt :cool:

Just read your whole 11 pages lol you have done fantastic, a real inspiration. Im on my first week (1st weigh in on Wednesday) If I can do half as well as you ill be over the moon

Mick

Hey Mick, thanks a lot :D Aha surprised you read it all! Good luck for your first weigh in! I remember mine, was very nervous. I'd been naughty in my first week as it was my birthday, but still lost 5 and a half pounds. Just shows how bad my diet before was lol. Think I've said it here before, but purposely joined at a difficult time which I'd recommend to anyone, even if it could mean a potential first week gain.

Been a little bad today Elanor, 32.5 syns, oops. I think it's since my night out on Saturday. I see junk and just want it. Need to find some sort of mechanism which I'll talk about in group, as I can't be like this when I'm home for 3 months during Summer. How's your day been? :)

Thanks Matt, You sound a bit like me not good with temptation, we have 3 teenage sons at home which in turn means, crisps, chocolate, haribos, biscuits etc I've been more or less blindfolding myself everytime I enter kitchen lol

Ouch, sounds hard! My consultant has teenage kids herself but she says she can't have junk food in the house at all, so she just gives her kids a set amount of money and they buy junk as they want it, or something like that.

I'm weird with temptation. When I'm not in my hometown, I don't have junk in my student house at all, and if there is, it's my friends so I know absolutely not to steal it. I live across the road from a Sainsburys local and down the road from a Co-op, and I can walk past the chocolate and crisps easily. It's just having them in the house and seeing them every time I go into the cupboard or fridge innocently for food or squash!

I thought earlier that when I'm at my parents, I might try starting an "emergency box" full of 5/6 syn bags of pop chips and 3.5 syn bags of the new Hula-Hoop Pufts, Freddos, and hot chocolate sachets. Hopefully it'd help save myself from some damage whilst only using half a days syns :)

I thought earlier that when I'm at my parents, I might try starting an "emergency box" full of 5/6 syn bags of pop chips and 3.5 syn bags of the new Hula-Hoop Pufts, Freddos, and hot chocolate sachets. Hopefully it'd help save myself from some damage whilst only using half a days syns :)

That sounds like a good idea, im trying to use my syns up on flavour more than snacks, sauces etc as if I have 1 biscuit i'll eat the packet :sigh: But so far its fine I'm actually enjoying the challenge, everytime I feel like something bad im having glass of water and jumping on stationary bike for a few mins instead. Enjoying the Body Challenges on the SW site

Been a little bad today Elanor, 32.5 syns, oops. I think it's since my night out on Saturday. I see junk and just want it. Need to find some sort of mechanism which I'll talk about in group, as I can't be like this when I'm home for 3 months during Summer. How's your day been? :)

Alcohol can be a strange thing. I had a friend round for drinks the other weekend. I got through a lot of wine! For the next couple few days I craved junk. Somehow only gained 1.5lbs :D

32.5 syns isn't terrible :) And once you find ways to get around the temptations at home it will get easier. An emergency box is a good idea, that way you know what you have and the syns, and you don't have to feel like you are being deprived of treats.

Yesterday was a so-so day. I was a bit naughty, ate a hot cross bun without checking the syns. Turned out to be 10! Plus 2 for the butter! It was worth it though :D I have been up and down with staying on plan recently, but seem to be more on plan than off this week thankfully. Completely on plan today, even though I had a choc rice crispy cake, luckily only 3.5 syns :D

ate a hot cross bun without checking the syns. Turned out to be 10! Plus 2 for the butter! It was worth it though :D

Elanor your a star, I had just said to other half I must find out the syns in a hot x bun, I don't mind giving up the eggs but really like a hot x bun :D

You're welcome Mick :) I am the same. Much prefer a hot cross bun over the chocolate eggs!

I'm the same usually Mick. Usually use syns on butter for mashed potato, gravy, rice, or any extra syns in my bread. I didn't always used to count the extra syns in bread but do more recently, but still not all the time. Have you seen how tiny the x2 slices are for the HE B?!

I'm gonna get the emergency junk food tomorrow. An hour ago I was lying in bed thinking "Only 8.5 syns today!". My sleeping is buggered so went down to have some toast as I didn't want my mum complaining about the microwave being too noisy for beans. Silly me, I know full well that I always want more whenever I just have toast with fruit. So the toast + flora light took me to about 10.5 syns for the day. And then because I was still hungry, I ate 9 bacon mini cheddar biscuits at 1 syn each, so now over again for the 4th day in a row, oooooops. I actually looked for the cookies I knew were around somewhere, thank god my mum hid/ate them, aha.

At least I know being like this isn't the norm, I'll be back at uni in a little under 2 weeks. I've just accepted it's gonna be a struggle until then, but I'm not "punishing" myself for it. Seems to be the norm I post on here saying what I've done wrong during the holidays :D My mum is doing a roast dinner on Friday. Will then be going my grandads on Easter Sunday which we do every year for a good meal, and he makes the most amazing rice I've ever tasted, better than any takeaway. There'll be stuff like burgers and sausages as well (and jacket potatoes, but shhhh).

Then on the Monday going for a Japanese meal with a friend, which shouldn't be too bad. I'm sure there'll be something else on during my last week here, lol.

Weigh in on Thursday, so fingers crossed! 5lbs away from being in a new stone zone, lets hope I'll be a little bit closer on Thursday :D

+0.5lbs tonight. Completely fine with that after the week I've had aha. Eaten chip shop chips and a little gravy tonight so over my syns, but shouldn't be by a massive deal. As I say though, can get back to being fully focused in a week and a half :)

Back