From Fat to Fit- My Journey

next Monday, i figure that if ive lost weight then its the perfect start to the week and if ive gained then it will motivate me to loose for the next wi :)

I used to wi on Mondays,gets it out of the way though Fridays suit me now.Am sure you will have lost by next Monday,how has your first day of sf gone?

39 w/p is plenty to get u through till mon!
If u need any help with pp just shout!

Just popping by to say welcome :) It sounds like you have done great so far with WW so hopefully SF will be the change you need at the moment to keep on track with it. It is a really good plan, I think it really encourages better choices than PPs and you do definitely end up feeling fuller which helps avoid as much snacking.

Which WW soup did you have yesterday? There are a couple which are free on SF - the chicken noodle soup, mediterranean tomato and vegetable and tomato and red pepper. Sainsburys chicken noodle soup is also free as are Waitrose carrot and coriander, beef consomme and chicken consomme. Good to have one in the cupboard for emergencies but as Sarah said there are lots of homemade soup options. I made a really easy roast tomato and fennel soup last week which was absolutely gorgeous (even if I do say so myself ;) ).

hi everyone, thanks for all your lovely comments (put a big smile on my face) :)

Bulldogdaisy, todays gone well, im finding it a lot easier now that i have more choice without as much restrictions so im happy and feel more energetic. How was your day today?

Sarah88, thanks for the support, im actually reading your diary and its motivating me!!! 5 pounds on your first week is an excellent result so well done you! :D

Atomic Pink, thanks for your lovely message, im liking this plan and feel like i have much more energy, so far so good. I might do the pro points for half the week and then for the second half do SF but ill try it out this week and see how it goes.
I had the tomato and basil soup from WW and it was yummy, but from what i understand i need to make my own food and not have any ready meals so ill have to put my laziness aside which is a good thing lol :) How was your day?

Am glad you have had a good day,you seem really motivated which is great :0) I had a good day too,I agree with Atomic that sf helps you make good choices food wise :0)

I ended up doing my pro points system today because i had special K in the morning and i dont know if thats free on SF and dont want to have to point that from my weeklies, so i thought i'd do my dailies today.

Heres my food diary for today:

27/06/12

Brekkie-
Bowl of Special K with skimmed milk 5pp
1 Banana 0pp
Tea with 1 sugar and milk 2pp

Lunch-
1 can ww tomato soup with 2 ryevita crackers 4pp
1 apple 0pp
green tea 0pp

Dinner-
homemade oven baked chips (200g) 4pp
4 sprays of frylite 1pp
homemade tandoori chicken strips (oven made) 5pp
(shop bought tandoori masala, added little salt, pepper, 1tsp lemon juice, half tsp of coriander powder, quarter tsp turmeric powder, half teaspoon of garlic, half teaspoon of ginger, recipe given to me by a friend)
Ketchup 2pp
salad 0pp

Desert:
1 curly wurly 3pp
1 options hot chocolate 1pp

Dailies: 27/29
No weeklies used today

I sometimes put my tandoori powder (just a little like half a teaspoon) on my chips before i ovenbake them and they taste delicious! just for lunch sometimes, if you like you can put the lemon juice in the mixture to give it a little zing to it. Its nice either way :) but if you do make it then put less tandoori powder because its to overpowering then.

Sounds like a good day! Special k is not free, that's y it's good u can swap between the 2 plans!

Is ur pp allowance 29? I'm on 26pp, the extra 3pp make a big difference!

yeah i was told i had to have 29 points a day at my meeting so im stuck on that. I dont always use up my points but i try not to have anything under 26 or anything over 29 :)

Ur lucky! I used to struggle on 29pp when that was the lowest but now I can do 26pp a day with a snack! Would rather have 29pp tho!!

Looks like a good day,thanks for the tip with the chips.I have used some weeklies on sf.Do you prefer not to touch them then?

The tandoori chicken strips sound very tasty. There aren't many free cereals on SF - thats probably one the main disadvantages. I miss my weetabix. Its pretty much porridge or shredded wheat.

yuck i hate shredded wheat, but dont mind porridge so i guess that or bread in the morning will suit be just fine.

I was thinking about it last night and thought that i would save my weeklies for the weekend and so SF on Saturday and Sunday so i have something to look forward to and do my pp dailies from mon-fri. Ill do it this way for a week and see how it works out because i need to figure out what works for me and what doesnt, i guess ill find out when i step on the scales on Monday!

good luck everyone!!

btw i just had the chicken and it was awesome!! ive made some extra so it will do me tomorow for dinner, ill let it marinate in the fridge to enhance its flavour. :)

Yea I have oats and a banana for breakfast right now :0) ok bout changing it around with sf and pp,see how you get on :0)

Breakfasts can be a struggle, not so bad in winter but when it's Warmer, porridge isn't ideal! Looks like you've had a great day there, you're doing well. Xx

thanks guys, i know its to soon to tell but because i felt more free about the foods i could eat on SF and allowed a day without much point counting, i found it a lot easier today like i was more relaxed with it (if it makes sense) so im going to see how the rest of the week goes and will let you know what its like :)

How is it going for all of you?

have a lovely day tomorrow everyone! :)

sarah.w said:
thanks guys, i know its to soon to tell but because i felt more free about the foods i could eat on SF and allowed a day without much point counting, i found it a lot easier today like i was more relaxed with it (if it makes sense) so im going to see how the rest of the week goes and will let you know what its like :)

How is it going for all of you?

have a lovely day tomorrow everyone! :)

Yes that makes sense,am on my forth day and I love it! Like you I am enjoying the freedom of it all,hope you have a lovely day tomorrow too :0)

Hi everyone,

I had a good day today until my uncle came over and bought homemade cake...yeah it didnt end so well lol but ive taken out 10 pp from my weeklies as a guesstimate (even though i did take of the cream) but just incase im taking out 10pp.

Okay so here goes.

28/06/12

Brekkie:
1 nimble toast 1pp
1 tsp butter 2pp
1 tea with low calorie sweetener 1pp

Lunch:
ovenmade sweet potato chips (120g) 4pp
Ketchup 2pp
4 sprays frylite 1pp
1 peach 0pp

Dinner:
homemade oven baked chips (200g) 4pp
tandoori chicken strips 5pp
8 sprays frylite 2pp
ketchup 3pp

Desert:
1 slice coconut cream cake (minus the cream in the middle and icing) 10pp (but only 6 weeklies because intake came up to 25pp for the day)

Total dailies used: 29/29
Total weeklies left: 38/49

Back