From Fatcat to Kittycat

kittycat,

You are attacking from all sides! I know what you mean about the bottom of tummy, I think mine maybe flobby and flabby when I've lost this weight but if that's what Ive got to worry about but can get into a normal size clothes , I'll take it. Will try all the gizmos, exercises before I give in.

I'm really chuffed with myself, ok only 1st week but I had a 2 days full of school fate free bbq and drinks, cinema sweets, nachos etc etc but never gave in to temptation, just sat there happily drinking soup!

Weigh in Tuesday so like many I'm sure, I'm wishing my life away to see if my efforts have paid off. I'm sure they would have, maybe my imagination but my gut seems not so 'full'? if you know what I mean.

Well done Kittycat, you seem to be doing really well :D

I looked in the mirror yesterday too and I felt disgusting. In my head I'm smaller than I actually am :)

Keep going!

Well weigh in was not good- I only lost 0.3kg- not even a pound- I've been good, just having a little bit of protein everyday. I'm gutted and very sorry to say I came home and gave in, and I've just polished off some cheese- I don't even like cheese that much but it's the only thing I had in the fridge and the only reason it was even there is a friend had bought it round months ago for a wine and cheese evening and it sat there for months with me not even looking at it as I'm really not a cheese person - I mean if you're going to fall off the wagon shouldn't you at least fall off for something that you like- cheese.... No idea what was going through my head. feeling very disappointed with myself after being so focused. Trying not to get too upset with myself. I'm having an early night and ill get back on track tomorrow. Cheese ?!?!?!

Woke this morning feeling annoyed with myself after cheesegate but onwards and upwards. I bought a battery for my scales yesterday as not being able to weigh everyday is killing me! So I weighed this morning and I've dropped to 107kgs so not 0.3 as I weighed yesterday so feeling better and my scales have been the same as my cd ladies so am confident they are right so yay! Back on ss today and looking forwards- started with the bio oil today as well which actually makes my skin feel nice so won't be a hard habit to get into :)

Oh Kittykat :( Try not to be disheartened by the small loss or the cheese! Quite often when you have a small loss one week you get a good loss the week after so fingers crossed! Are you drinking enough water? If you can drink over the 2.5 litres you'll get a better loss......on previous attempts of this diet I only drank 2.5 litres maximum sometimes a bit less and my losses were never any more than 2lb a week , so eventually I gave up and followed other diet plans! But this time I've made sure to drink between 3.5/4 and I think that's made all the difference to journey!

Some protein and salad/veg won't make any diff to your weight loss either as all you're doing is going up to ss+ somedays....as long as you're having the recommended amounts of foods? Are you having your meal at lunchtime at work? Just an idea.....a nice chicken salad whilst everyone else is eating may help? You're doing so well....I know they say the first 3-4 days are the hardest and they are...physically...but I would say the first 3/4 weeks mentally are the toughest also.....especially weekends...I turned into grumpy psycho woman on weekends as everyone around me was eating takeaways and generally rather tasty food! But you deffo reach a point where you couldn't care less!

Keep going! Stay strong! Eyes on the prize!! Xxxxx

Ach, you didn't cave as badly as I did! I went all out on bread, crisps and chocolate! I'm sure a bit of cheese won't hurt you too much.

Don't be too cross with yourself either, as long as you pick yourself up and keep going, you're still doing so well :D

Well, Kittycat, at least to didnt go and get the olives, french bread, butter and other friends of the cheese to join it!!

Chin up - You didnt do too much harm I'm sure and back on tracck now so onwards we go!!

Thanks for your support guys - it really helps having some supportive voices!

Sophiesophs, thanks for your message- I am struggling with the water to be honest- I'm based in Dubai and it is Ramadan so I can't drink in public or the office so I am only hitting about 2 litres- will try and up it although it is difficult at the moment. Having said that it helps on the food side as you can't eat either and the majority of restaurants and food outlets are closed so less temptation! I'm going to watch the protein, think I may have been having a bit too much!

Thanks Squinky- yep one blip isn't going to throw me off, so am back and focused!

Wannabesize12- yes it could have been far worse! at least I have resisted sweet as I really have a sweet tooth and think if I fell off I'd be found in a heap with chocolate smeared over my face and empty wrappers around me lol - and that isn't going to get me into a bikini!

I had the day off today so treated myself to a spa day, I opted for the anticellulite treatment in my war on the orange peel. Started off as a nice experience having a scrub and nice oils and stuff rubbed onto my leggs and arse, I was relaxing and finding it all very pleasant. Almost at drifting off stage- and then my therapist started what can only be known as pummeling me- OH MY GOD the pain!! It is the most painful thing I have ever had to endure- approx 15 minutes of sheer agony- I was literally biting the cushion and tears plopping down my cheeks! I must admit my skin feels beautifully soft but I have some seriously sore bits! Cellulite is still very much there but I can see a difference but they advise 6 treatments- 6....6, not sure if I will be able to endure it but think it could be worth it as the body brush I bought (which is made from cactus spines) is also bloody painful and dont think I can do it as painfully to myself as required to make an impact. Will see if I am brave enough.

I also spent an hour in the pool doing breast stroke non stop at a decent pace which I am pleased with, I havent been swimming fro a while so wasn't sure if I'd be able to stick it out for an hour, but after the burning in my arms stopped it was fine, so going to get back into it. I love swimming and don't know why I don't go more often. As I'm based in dubai I am lucky enough to have a pool in my building and really don't take advantage of it, so will start my exercise regime gently- so walking up 20 flights of stairs and a nice swim every other day and hopefully I'll see some differences start to show.

I had one of the guys form work ask me yesterday if I was OK as he was concerned something was wrong as he'd noticed I'd lost a lot of weight so quickly- I reassured him it was intentional and nothing sinister at work, so great that people are noticing already!

Kittycat,

Brave old you!! you are fighting it hard.......Had first weigh in and lost first 6lb! Happy with that but am finding it hard not having anything in my hand to munch!! but I can have a bar from sat my cdc says. looking forward to that. Glad you feel better . ;)

Hi Sinead, thanks, glad you are enjoying it :) Good luck with your start! stick with it!

Wannabesize12- Well done! thats a great start! I've not had the bars, let me know how you get on with them and if any of them are nice

Looking forward to having to chew something to be honest. The thing I am finding hard is not having real food in hands / plate. Sorry if I've mentioned it befire but I think this is going to be my challenge, not the not eating bit.

Hi wannabasize12 I can relate to that, i think it's the bodies reaction to no food- it just wants to chew anything! It's horrible when that's all you can think about- I've started reading a good book to take my mind off it in the evening but still find myself examining my food cupboard- luckily all I have left in there are some pickled onions, baked beans and some shredded wheat - kudos to everyone that does this diet who share their home with people eating food- that makes it do much tougher! We can do it though!

Today I decided to check my measurements, I measured myself at work 8 days ago and was pretty horrified, baring in mind I didn't measure at the very beginning so a week and a half in my full bust was 45 1/2 inches, under bust was 39, waist was 40 1/2 ( sob) and hips were 49 so I measured today 8 days later and full bust is now 43 1/2 under bust is 38 waist is 38 and hips 45 so huge changes in such a short space of time, my bust and hips are now measuring a size 18 but my waist is still big but I can see it changing so feeling really good about this lifestyle change.

I was going to go for a swim but managed to talk myself out of it as I was scared of going up to the pool in front of all the skinnies. It's the one thing in Dubai I struggle with, there are so many body perfect beautiful women fluffing about in bikinis, lounging by the pool- it makes me so body conscious which I hate because they are stopping me from doing something I need to do to improve myself. So I'm getting up early in the morning and going for a swim at 6 am when hopefully the pool will be empty! Breast stroke for 45 mins :) let's try and tone up these flabby bits!

Oo skin is feeling really soft with my bio oil and cocoa butter routine - skin feels less dry and is starting to look much clearer - stretch marks are still visible but I've noticed my batwings look smaller so sll good so far.

Have a good Sunday everyone

Kc

So I weighed this morning and have broken through my first stone- actually done 15 lbs - woohoo! In 3 weeks! Yay feeling good now let's get rid of the next one!

Well Done! Not bad a? Your measurements (original ones) are same as mine. So hopefully in 2 weeks (which will make 4 in total) I will see some difference.

By the way, does anyone know if having a bar on your 2nd day of 2nd week can take you out of ketosis???? My consultant said she is def. I am in ketosis (fruity breath) and that I could have a bar on sat (Yest) But I was really really desperate on Thursday and had one then. :confused:

Now getting paranoid I've buggered it up!!! - Can't get on my scales - took them round Mums coz I was getting obsessed .lol

I do hope not I have been so so good.X

OH MY GOD- I want a cupcake! I have such a bad craving and its lasted 3 days now- I went past a bakery earlier this afternoon and nearly caved! Why does your mind do this to you?ARGHHHHH!H!H!H!H!H!H! Think thin think thin! No food tastes as good as thin!

Hi Wannabesize12,
I know what you mean about being obsessed! on one hand I was struggling not having working scales, but I got to the point I had to know if it was working- stupid I know as I can feel its working but the scales won and I had to get them working again!

I'm sure having a bar won't have taken you out of ketosis, :) I might give the bars a go - what flavours are good?
KC

Back