From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Em - Thanks hun. You're right I never thought I'd be able to run ever, but by far the biggest surprise is actually enjoying exercise! I'm like you and when I leave the gym and I feel in a great mood for the rest of the day. Can see it getting addictive, today was meant to be a rest day but I might even nip along later! xx

Von - Morning vonny, hope you're having a great day too! xx

Gwella - Thanks hunny. Lol @ 'love-in', does feel a bit like that though with all the lovely comments and support! Hope you have a great week xxx

Ron - Thanks hun, I get what you mean about whether I'll be happy with myself before I get to my target weight. I'm honestly not sure. I have big legs which really doesn't come across properly in the pics, so I reckon it might take until target time to get to a place I want to be. The beauty is I cna just carry on until I'm 100% happy, might be at 13st in the 'overweight' range or it might be at 10st at the lower end of 'healthy'. I've never been below 14.5 in my adult life though so I have no idea what I'll look like then!

Well done on getting back on plan. Under 4lbs gain is great for 4/5 weeks off plan, you'll have that off in a couple of weeks I'm sure. For so long I thought it was impossible for me too, so I totally get where that comes from. I tried and failed sooo many times that it just gets you into this mentallity that you're not gonna do it. Once you've got a month or to under your belt it gets loads easier I promise you. I actually believe I can do it now, which feels absolutely amazing!

Hope you enjoy Alton Towers, I'm sure you'll be fine so try and just enjoy yourself and not worry about it! If its stressing you then just google the rides with small seats so you know what to avoid, but I'm sure looking at your stats you'll be fine. We're around the same BMI so I know I'd feel comfortable going now xxx

Just popped in quickly to reply to peeps and update my food.

Fairly high syn one today as rather than having time for strawbs and yoghurt this morning I was in a bit of a rush so picked up a cereal bar, then I remembered I was already using my hexb's on a jacket potato and wm roll, so I'd have to syn it, grrr! Always hate having to syn for extra hex's as it feels like a waste!

Week 37, Day 1 - Red
Breakfast - Chewy D - 5 syns
Lunch - Jacket potato (hexb) with tuna, mayo (3 syns), cheese (hexa) and side salad of carrot, tomatoes, beetroot, onion, peppers - 3 syns
Snack - Grapes, muller
Tea - Home made burger on wm roll (hexb) with cheese (hexa), chutney (2 syns) and side salad with olives (1.5) - 3.5 syns
Total - 11.5 syns

Not sure what'll happen later exercise wise, technically I'm having a rest day but I want to go to the gym! Gonna hit the books and if I've been quite productive for 7ish will head out for a workout. Chris is working lates this week so I won't be eating until 8.30ish anyways. Would love to start week 2 C25K but it's meant to be my running rest day and I'm going to stick to what the NHS peeps recommend.

Well a huge bio text book has my name on it I'm heading to study now, have a good afternoon! xx

Hi Bev, hope you don't mind me popping in - I saw your before and afters picture thread you look fab :) I'm studying today as well, or should be but I'm on here lol. What are you studying for? I'm in my final year of a Nursing degree!

Hope it goes well!

X

Hi Bev, hope you don't mind me popping in - I saw your before and afters picture thread you look fab :) I'm studying today as well, or should be but I'm on here lol. What are you studying for? I'm in my final year of a Nursing degree!

Hope it goes well!

X

Hey hun, lovely to see you here and thanks! :eek: Oooh final year, I bet that's tough! I'm going into healthcare too but Diagnostic Radiography. I'm studying a human bio qualification atm with the OU so I have the entry requirements to get on the radiography course, provided I pass my exam in June I start year 1 in September! So excited I can't wait!

Well I've only gone and done another run! I was itching to start week 2 today and in the end I thought sod the rest day and I went for it. I'm conscious * week is looming and I know running will be the last thing in the world I want to do then, so yep - WEEK 2 RUN 1 COMPLETE!!! :)

Absolutely loving my running at the moment, I don't find it easy by any means but each session I notice an improvement from the last. Honestly came home absolutely buzzing tonight! :) xxx

Well done, Bev you superstar!!! We can totally do this :D!!!

Week 2 day 2 for me tomorrow! Hope I wake up nice and early!xx

Oooh was it ok? Im doing week 2 day 1 at 630 tomorrow morning. Wish me luck.:p

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Soph/Bubbles - Good luck with your runs! I found week 2 day 1 similar to my very first run in terms of how challenging it was. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll notice an improvement. Definitely having a rest day tomorrow though, I feel like its gonna be an achey one! xx

Just caught up, well done on going for the run at the gym ! Your doing super. I'm also loving that you had a high syn day after a long long time, plus u must have burnt most of that at the gym. Hope your studies are going well for you. I really hope you have a productive week ahead and another super duper loss next week, you totally deserve it Bev ! :D Night night hun.

Kay xx

Oh wow diagnostic radiography sounds great! At my uni we have a few sessions with other healthcare courses so radiographers, physios, OT etc. It's really good to see what all the different professions do!

Well done on your running as well that it brilliant :D I started out doing C25K and I couldn't even run for a bus - now I can run 10K. It's the best exercise going I reckon and the feeling you get after a run (no matter what distance/speed etc) is just immense!

Best of luck with everything Bev, hope you don't mind if I subscribe, really inspired by your loss so far and how positive you are!

X

Hey guys,
Definitely feeling it again today after the running. Not as bad I was that very first time but glad I'm resting today all the same! Feel really tired in myself today too, gonna just be studying for the rest of the day but hope I can fit an hours nap in or something, I can hardly keep my eyes open! :rolleyes:

You'll probably think I've gone mad Kay/Soph but I've actually decided to make a soup up today, its in the slow cooker now. They always taste better when left overnight though so veggie soup is on the menu for lunch tomorrow :)

Food wise today is a very red red day! Trying to keep the syns fairly low but it also feels a bit like a treat day as I'm having 2 wm rolls! Definitely need to keep off the bread tomorrow!

Week 37, Day 2 - Red

Breakfast - Strawbs and muller
Snack - Tiny slither of easter egg at work - 2 syns (probably massively overestimated!)
Lunch - Bacon sarni on wm roll (hexb) with tom ketchup - 2 syns
Snack - Grapes
Tea - Home made cheese (hexa) burger on wm roll (hexb) with side salad and chutney - 3 syns
Total - 7 syns

Thankfully all the burgers will be gone after today. I absolutely love Chris's home made burgers but even though they are syn free I imagine calories wise they're a lot higher than some of my other mealtime faves. Gotta love SW, it doesn't feel like a diet at all when I can eat bacon sarnis and burgers, haha! :rolleyes:

---
Kay - I must have just missed you last night, I'll be on again later tonight hun s hopefully catch ya then! Thanks for your lovely words. I'm trying to be productive but I'm just sooo tired today, all the exercise is finally catching up with me at last! Hope you're right and I get a nice loss to go on my hols with, think I'll need any extra cushion I can get, wouldn't want to lose my 6st award when I get back from hols! I'll pop into your diary later n see how you're getting on xxx

Clareel - Wow, well done on running 10k, that must feel amazing! I've gotta admit I still can't see me ever running 5k atm but I'm gonna persevere and see what happens! Lovely to have you here too, do you have a diary I can follow? xx

Well done on starting week 2! I didn't get a chance to do my workout last night as I didn't get home from work till 8pm! Must try harder tonight! Your diary always makes me crave burgers, not that I'm saying you eat them all the time but there is a lot of burger talk going on around here.

I mega like this, Ron!

You are so right, Bev is so inspirational!

But also well done you for only putting on 3lbs!! I'd have put on a stone, I'm sure!

Also, think you'll be fine at Alton Towers :)xx

Ah thanks La Parisienne! I don't know how I didn't gain more than that, I honestly have been stuffing my face with really crappy food, I was certain it was going to more. Hopefully I can shift it within a couple of weeks and then carry on to where I want/need to be!

I hope you're right about Alton Towers - I've been loads of times but never at this size! I think I should be able to squeeze into most of the rides - most of my weight is in my hips so I won't have any problems with the bar over the boobs, so as long as I can wedge my hips in I'll be fine! Fingers crossed!! x

Mmm bacon butty sounds lush! I'm knackered as well today - all the studying it's mentally exhausting lol.

You will do the 5K honestly, I never thought I'd get there. I remember crying when I came home from my first day of C25K because I couldn't even manage all of the 30 second runs but it the way the program is set out just makes it achievable somehow! I had to repeat a few weeks so took me longer than the 9 weeks (about 12 I think) but that first 5k I ran I was so proud of myself! You will get there too :D

I do have a diary http://www.minimins.com/silver-members-diary/332834-clareel-means-time.html

You're welcome to pop by!

X

Well done on getting back on plan. Under 4lbs gain is great for 4/5 weeks off plan, you'll have that off in a couple of weeks I'm sure. For so long I thought it was impossible for me too, so I totally get where that comes from. I tried and failed sooo many times that it just gets you into this mentallity that you're not gonna do it. Once you've got a month or to under your belt it gets loads easier I promise you. I actually believe I can do it now, which feels absolutely amazing!

Hope you enjoy Alton Towers, I'm sure you'll be fine so try and just enjoy yourself and not worry about it! If its stressing you then just google the rides with small seats so you know what to avoid, but I'm sure looking at your stats you'll be fine. We're around the same BMI so I know I'd feel comfortable going now xxx

Thanks Bev. I hope you're right, and I can get rid of those pesky pounds within the next couple of weeks. It'd give me the boost I need to carry on! I can't wait to get to the point where I'm not constantly thinking about food and how much I can or can't eat - I know I'll always have to be mindful but to not worry so much and just be more relaxed around food would be great!

We may be around the same BMI but I a short-arse!! I therefore am much plumper than you but I think I'll be okay with most of the big rides - as I said to La Parisienne, my bottom half is the worst so I'll just wedge myself in the seats and get my hubby to pull me back out at the end!!!

Forgot to mention yesterday, I started doing C25k a while ago, managed a couple of weeks then my daughter was on school hols so I couldn't get to the gym and gave up! But, after reading your diary, I want to give it another go. I'm such a crap runner! You know some women just make it look really easy and elegant?! I'm the total opposite of them!!!! But I've downloaded the podcasts and I think I'm going to try next week. I've got a dodgy knee so I'll have to see if I can handle it but I definitely want to try it again. x

Aww Bev, glad you've had some rest today hun and hope you managed to fit a nice nap in the day. Wow those burgers sound so yummy, that's why I love SW too, it doesn't feel like a diet. Hope you're studies are going well for you hun. Bet your well looking forward to your holiday now. I think the low syn red days will really help with your loss for next week along with the c25k. Laughed when I read your having soup, but you kept your word and are keeping up with some elements of the challenge, its very healthy and good for you. I know you don't write down your water intake on your food diary but have you gone back to 1L or 1.5L or have you managed to sustain 2L since the challenge ? :)

Kay xx

Hi Bev,

Just checking in with you. Hope you enjoyed your rest day today you are doing really well with the running. I think I am going to make soup tomorrow now also havent made any in ages! Lost 5lbs this week at weigh in which I'm very happy with. :D

Keep up the good work hun ;);)

Quick update this morning but I'll get on tonight and reply to peeps. Hope you're all having a great week, I'm just working and studying lately, but only 8 working days now until my hol! Can't wait!

Slept like a log last night on top of an hours afternoon nap too, so finally feeling a bit more recharged. It's a good job as I've got Pump and then c25k this evening. Never done pump before so might be too tired to run after, if that's the case I'll push the run back until tomorrow. Or I might head to the gym a bit earlier and run first if I've got time. Either way some exercise will be happening!

Food wise I'm going EE today - berries and yoghurt for breakfast, veggie soup for lunch and beef stir fry with noodles for tea. Not a burger in sight ;)

Have a great day and I'll nip on tonight xxx

Back