From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Best laid plans and all that, grr! Subway was closed for a refurb so ended up going to Sainsbury's cafe, still stuck to plan though as had a potato with tuna and salad (so just 3 syns or so for the mayo).

Managed the 3.5 mile walk around Damflask which I'm pleased about, I did find it quite tiring and slow in places but then again I'm 23 sodding stone, I'm hardly gonna run round! The main thing is I made it, took about 1hr 30 mins but so what, it's done! :) Feeling quite proud of myself, though I really do need to invest in some walking boots and thick socks. My poor feel were rubbing like hell in my converse, but the sense of achievement is completely worth the pain!

Got in before the rain came, so the BBQ has been cancelled AGAIN! Instead we'd had Mexican chicken by Old El Paso (chicken, rice, onions and a tomatoey sauce) - it's 10 syns a serving, but I really didn't like it, tasted a bit dry, so left half = 5 syns!

Ooh Chris's mate has just come over, will post my food diary for the day later so I don't look all unsociable sat on the laptop!

Well done for completing your walk! It doesn't matter if it takes one hour or four, you did it which is the important thing. And you'll be speeding round in no time!

Week 4, Day 5 - EE

Tuna jacket potato with salad - 3 syns for mayo
2 x mini babybel (HEXA)
Go ahead yoghurt bar slice - 3.5 syns
1/2 a plate of old el paso chicken and rice - 5 syns
Cereal bar (HEXB)
Blueberries and blackberries with yoghurt

Total - 11.5 syns

Body Magic - 1.5hr x 3.5 mile walk - session 3/3 - Week 1 of bronze award- DONE! :D

--

Well I aimed for 5 syns and somehow came out with 11.5 - oops! :rolleyes: At least it means I've recouped the 2 I went over yesterday, but hardly ideal ahead of the meal out tomorrow! Still confident of a loss on Tue with all the extra exercise, so just going to enjoy myself at the meal and not stress too much. If I fancy a roast potato I'll have it, if I don't I'll swap it for new, just like a person without a weight problem would do. It's so nice knowing I have control when it comes to food now, it might waver at times, but overall I can't remember ever feeling so on top of things! I might have dessert, I might not, I'll just see how I feel tomorrow and what I fancy - feels so liberating to be able to say that, rather than planning to cram as much bad food in as possible!

3.5 mile walk?! Go you. That's quite far. Just think in a few months time how much quicker that walk will be after all your body magic.

Have a lovely meal tomorrow :)

Thanks Brit and Emma, hope you're both having a lovely weekend :)

--

Woke up at 6.20am today, the kittens were scratching on our bedroom door wanting to be fed. By the time I'd got up and nipped to the loo I felt wide awake, and as Chris normally gets up at this time anyway (he has a compete inability to lay in), we decided to make the most of it and go to the car boot. I've actually never been to a car boot before but I wanted some pictures for the walls and given our current brokeness this month (thanks to the £450 car repair bill and not being paid from the care home!) it seemed like a good idea. After an hour walking round (yey - body magic!) and £6 later we'd found 3 lovely pictures and a cafetiere - bargain! Chris hates fresh coffee but I can't get enough of the stuff, it'll be a lovely syn free treat!

Just got back home, put the pictures up (they look great) and now Chris is making us a big SW breakfast! Lean bacon, poached eggs, mushrooms, baked beans and tomato - yum yum! :)

Well I'm just back from the meal and it went quite well. It was one of those pubs where it's meant to be special gastro food, so you hardly get anything! Which was annoying for everyone else, but kind of a relief for me! I also gave the huuugeee yorkshire pudding that came with the meal away so I wouldnt be tempted. I don't really like them that much anyway so I didn't feel like I was missing out. Ooh and we didn't have starter in the end either, just main and dessert.

So lets work out the syns:
Main - roast beef with 2 tiny roast potatoes (3 syns), hardly any gravy (2 syns), tiny scoop of mash (2 syns for the butter), carrots and cabbage - 7 syns
Dessert - small meringue nest (2 syns), strawberry, cream (4), chocolate sauce (5 ?) - 11 syns

18 syns for a meal out isn't bad at all, especially considering I've saved 3.5 from yesterday and don't plan on having anything else for the rest of the day - result!

So Week 4, day 6 food diary:
Breakfast - lean bacon, poached eggs, baked beans, tomato, mushroom
cereal bar - HEXB
roast beef dinner - 7 syns
dessert - 11 syns
snacks - grapes and babybel (HEXA -if I get hungry later)
Total - 18 syns

Body magic - 1hr walk round the car boot sale

Woohoo! So glad you enjoyed it, didn't feel left out, and it was alllllmost within syns :D

Thanks Flix. How have you found your 100% week so far? I start mine tomorrow and I'm quite looking forward to it. It'll be amazing to see how much I lose when I have a week without going over my syns/saving up syns etc!

--

Well it's Sunday night and I'm crashed in front of the sofa watching House Of Cards - that series is so addictive! Tomorrow I'm having a restful day, well restful exercise wise anyway, I really ache this evening! Can't believe how much exercise I've done this week - 80 lengths in the pool Thur, 2 mile walk Fri, 3.5 mile walk Sat and an hours walk this morning. Now for a 'normal' person that maybe doesn't sound like a lot, but it really is for me! Hoping to keep it up though, it'll be great to get my bronze body magic award - but 3 more weeks to go first!

Aiming for a low syn day tomorrow being as it's the day before weigh in. Planning on cereal for breakfast, omelette for dinner and Mediterranean salmon and prawns with veggies for tea. We're in need of a food shop, so for snacks it'll be nectarines and mullerlight. Sounds quite yummy!

having a wee nosey through your diary and wanted to say well done to you on your hard work & great results so far ;)
you got yourself a new subscriber (is that even a word lol) and look forward to following your journey x

Thanks Miss K - Well done on your losses so far, looks like you're doing great! Do you have a diary on here?

Bev - Yep it's great to have finally re-done the first week of bronze. How was your weekend?

---

Well today I'm not doing so great food wise, but rather than eating too much I've had far too little! The curse of the Sunday night sleep struck again and as a result I didn't get up while 10.30 today. Got cracking straight away with my articles and only stopped 15 minutes for lunch, which was a bowl of Special K followed by a muller light. Thankfully I got all my articles finished in time, so now I can have a nice relaxing evening ahead of tomorrows WI. It's 6.40pm now and I'm absolutely starving though, the first time I've felt hungry on the SW plan, it's my own fault though for skipping breakfast and not having a proper lunch!

Tea is cooking in the oven at the moment. Tonight it's salmon, new potatoes, asparagus and little tomatoes cooked in an oven 'one pan' recipe (see link - One-pan salmon with roast asparagus | BBC Good Food) with some steamed frozen veg on the side. I've substituted the real olive oil for olive oil fry light so it should be fairly slimming world friendly. Chris is planning on popping a tiny bit of garlic butter on for flavour though, so I'll get some syns from that, but I don't mind as it'll still be a relatively low syn day. I could have it without, he offered, but it sounded too yummy to resist! :D

Haven't done any body magic today, but it was a planned rest day. I feel a lot better for it too and don't ache anywhere like I did yesterday. Tomorrow afternoon I'm off lane swimming provided I get my 3 articles done in time for 2.30pm. If not there's an evening session from 6-8pm so I'll just have to go to that one, although I imagine it'll be a lot busier than the afternoon session. The 2.30pm session also has an Aqua Aerobics class in the other half of the pool, it'd be interesting to watch the class and see what its like. Provided its not too intensive I'd love to give it a try the week after!

Week 4, Day 7 - EE

Special K cereal - 5 syns
mullerlight yoghurt
Salmon, new potato and veggie one pot with a little garlic butter - 5 syns
Grapes

Total syns - 10

Ooh and tomorrow morning is WEIGH IN!! :eek: I don't have a scale or anything at home to check my progress, so the numbers on the scale are always a complete surprise to me. This week has to be the best I've had so far on SW. Okay a few days I went over on the syns by a couple, but most of the time I was comfortably under, and with all the exercise I'm really crossing my fingers for a decent loss. If I manage 4.5lbs and get my stone award I'll be over the moon, but realistically 2-3lbs would make me very happy :)

Haha, I don't know how I missed that, I'll pop along and subscribe!

Good luck for your weigh-in tomorrow. You've had fab losses x

Back