From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Totally agree with Brittany, the main thing is that going off-plan was worth it today, you had a great day catching up with your friend. If you're used to saving up syns before a meal out then there's no reason why you can't turn it around and just make them up afterwards this week. I went totally off plan and had about 40 syns on Saturday and still lost 2lb. The important thing is that you didn't ruin the whole thing and write off the rest of the day, you kept your SW head on and got straight back on it.

Tomorrow's a new day.... xx

Yep you're right Bev, in the past one bad day would have caused me to completely blow the healthy eating out of the water for good. Now it's a new day and I'm back on track and aiming to recoup some of those syns. I went over by around 15 yesterday, I want 10 of those back today and 5 tomorrow so I'm all even in time for the weekend - we'll see how I get on!

Four articles to write today so I'd best get cracking! As soon as that's done I'm making time for some body magic, I need to do some swimming training but as it's a gorgeous day I might walk today and swim when its rainy at the weekend. I'll see how I feel and how much energy I have. Still having absolutely rubbish sleeps, from going to bed it's taking me about 3 hours to drift off. I've got sooooo much on my mind (all good!) and I can't switch off. Tonight I'm going to make myself properly relax before bed. I'm thinking hot shower, pampering stuff, zen music, you get the idea! Desperately need my 8 hours, although I got up at 10 today I can't have had more than 5, and all of it disturbed sleep. Determined not to nap in the day so I'm knackered for tonight!

Sounds like a good plan to get you back on track today. Not so good about the rubbish sleep. I go through phases like that too. Hopefully getting some Body Magic in as well as not allowing yourself to nap during the day and your relaxing evening should help you drift of slightly earlier tonight x

Hey sounds good saving your syns :)
I cant sleep either its really annoying it doesnt help that I start looking at my phone lol

The shower and zen music sounds good I might try that :)

Hope you have a great day x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Bev - Yep it tends to come in waves for me too with the dodgy sleeps. Most of the time I'm out like a light, but lately I've had so much on my mind its unreal. Sounds daft but part of it is thinking about the weight loss etc, on the night before weigh in I was so nervous I couldn't stop thinking about it. Hopefully that will stop as I get more weeks of the plan under my belt and WI becomes more of a part of my routine.

Brit - I'm the same with my phone when I can't sleep. I really should put it in another room or something. The annoying thing is there's always something to read or look at on FB which gets my mind thinking and then take makes it even worse, arghh!

---

Well 2 articles down so far, I'm on fire this morning, though at the moment I'm getting distracted by a couple of very naughty little kittens! They are so cute though that I can't stop looking at them! :rolleyes:

Exciting times - I've just loss my mug shot cherry! :D I had the tomato one and it was actually quite nice, free too as its under 1% fat! Will definitely be getting more as its a really easy lunch, ideal for a busy day when I've got lots to do. Amazingly I managed to finish my 4 articles in under 4 hours, so now I can relax for the rest of the day. Well I say relax, I'm not going to be lazing around as at 2.30 pm I'm hitting the pool for a swim, then I need to try and start my UCAS form to apply for my degree. It hasn't got to be in 'till the end of October, but I'd rather get it done sooner than later, especially with my open uni course starting at the beginning of October and then my holiday the week after.

Tonight we're off to Chris's parents for tea and then the movies to see Elysium. Should be a nice night. Dinner should be fairly low syn as it's steak and veggies. I'll have to syn for the cooking oil but that's it!

Still feel a bit peckish after the mug shot but being as I'm off swimming I don't want to feel bloated, think I'll leave it 'till I bet back and then there's a big bowl of fruit in the fridge with my name on it!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Exciting times - I've just loss my mug shot cherry! :D I had the tomato one and it was actually quite nice, free too as its under 1% fat! Will definitely be getting more as its a really easy lunch, ideal for a busy day when I've got lots to do. Amazingly I managed to finish my 4 articles in under 4 hours, so now I can relax for the rest of the day. Well I say relax, I'm not going to be lazing around as at 2.30 pm I'm hitting the pool for a swim, then I need to try and start my UCAS form to apply for my degree. It hasn't got to be in 'till the end of October, but I'd rather get it done sooner than later, especially with my open uni course starting at the beginning of October and then my holiday the week after.

Tonight we're off to Chris's parents for tea and then the movies to see Elysium. Should be a nice night. Dinner should be fairly low syn as it's steak and veggies. I'll have to syn for the cooking oil but that's it!

Still feel a bit peckish after the mug shot but being as I'm off swimming I don't want to feel bloated, think I'll leave it 'till I bet back and then there's a big bowl of fruit in the fridge with my name on it!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

I have a mug shot everyday !!!! Love them...... I'm on nights but just had 3 bacon rashers, mushrooms, and an egg on my B option whole meal bread...... Total 2 1/2 syns.... Not bad I thought, it got the fry up playing in my mind out of it !!!! x

Oooh I need to try these mugshots... at first I thought u said mug shot cherry flavoured and I thought erghhhhh lol
Silly me....
Well done on doing ya articles yeh I remember the ucas form very long and boring as .... haha

Enjoy swimming and the cinema :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

OMG OMG OMG!!! Just got back from swimming and in 1hr 30 minutes I SWAM 104 lengths!!!!
:talk017::talk017::talk017:

I'm so chuffed with myself its unreal. I thought the 80 last week was incredible, but this time I tried to keep going without breaks, working on my stroke a bit better and hey presto!! I've never swam that far in my life before so it's an absolutely massive achievement for me. Puts me in good stead for Windermere next summer too!

It's amazing as I'd be absolutely hopeless at running, even a 3.5 mile walk exhausted me, but get me in the water and I'm on fire!! I've always loved swimming and been good at it, but for ages I didn't bother to go. Now I just love the sense of achievement when I walk out of those doors! Also feel a lot better about the friend chicken and chips yesterday!! :D I think that's been well and truly burnt off now!

I've decided to go swimming more often, rather than once a week I'm upping it to twice. Hopefully 2 big swims a week will really up my losses, and I'll carry on with my usual 2 walks a week in addition. Although I'm losing a good amount each week I really need to be aiming for a 3lb loss a week from now on to meet my 2 stone holiday target. That said as long as I'm losing 2lbs or so a week I'll be really happy, but if more exercise will help shift it quicker then its worth giving it a go!

Anyway I've just munched a juicy nectarine and in a minute will start getting ready. I can't stop smiling! :)

---

Scooter - I LOVE SW fry up, it's the best! Always try and have one at the weekend and it doesn't taste like "diet" food at all, so good! Frylight is amazing, I've even converted my bf Chris to using it for his food too.

Brit - Yeah the UCAS form looks like a right pain in the ass! That's why I'm starting it nice and early so I can just do 10-15 minutes a day and not get bored to death with it, lol

Hahhhhaaa! That literally made me laugh out loud Brit! I bloody hope so, next stop Olympics! ;)

Well done you, that's such an amazing achievement. I'm off on my swimming lesson soon, I'll be happy if I can do one length, never mind 104! :p xx

Thanks for the support guys, I still can't believe I swam so far!

JMA seeing how well you have done so far has really inspired me to believe I can actually do this!

Bev I hope you enjoy your swimming lesson, it really is a fab way to exercise once you've got confident in the water. How is couch to 5k going?

---
Had another none scale victory today too! I tried a size 24 dress on that had been far too tight around the hips, and now it fits! Okay it's still on the snug side, but I can definitely get away with it, don't worry I'm not one of those people you see wearing clothes that are way too small for them! Can't wait till its too big for me in a few months hopefully!

Well we didn't do the movies in the end, both me and Chris felt shattered and as the forecast for the weekend is rain, rain, rain we'll have ample opportunity to sit on our bums watching movies then! The meal at Chris's Mums was lovely and apart from a few syns for cooking oil everything else was syn free (lean steak, new potato, fried mushrooms, onions and peas).

We usually do a big weekend food shop on the Friday but decided to get it done tonight instead. We did Tesco together and then on the way home realised we forgot minced beef, so nipped into the Morrisons we were passing. Chris went in to get it while I waited in the car... anyway I told him to make sure it was lean and what did he come back with? Less than 12% fat minced beef :rolleyes: That's not lean at all really! He meant well of course so I didn't say anything, but now it means I'll have to syn the hotpot we're having at the weekend, where as before it was syn free! Grr!

---

Week 5, day 3

Hi fi bar - HEXB
Mug shot
nectarine
steak, new potato and veggies - 4 syns for any oil
blackberries and 0% fat greek honey yoghurt

Total syns - 4

Body magic - 1.5hr swim!

So yep, I've achieved everything I set out to today which is fab. Recovered 11 syns from yesterdays little blip, so now only have 4 to go tomorrow! I know I haven;t had a HEXA today but after my fruit and yoghurt I really don't fancy stuffing some babybel down me for the sake of it. As much as I love cheese I'm becoming much more aware of when my body feels satisfied, and right now I'm not hungry in the slightest!

It's such a good feeling to finally fit into something that was previously too small, well done you.

Aw poor Chris probably thought he was doing the right thing getting that mince (I'd have no idea what to get being veggie!). It won't be too many syns will it?

Swimming lesson was okay but the difficult thing about learning as an adult is that you've already picked up bad habits. It's so much harder to change what you're doing than just learning from scratch. I'm not doing to badly, that was lesson 4 out of 8 so I'm only half way. I can swim fine on my back, quite well actually. Not so good with breast stroke but I'm practicing and getting a bit better.

Couch to 5K is going well. I'm half way through that now too but from what I've read on other forums etc., the run I've got to do tomorrow is the hardest one of all. Before now I've been doing some running with walking breaks in between and I've built up to 2x8min runs with a walk in between. Tomorrow is 20 mins non-stop running.... Not sure if I'll manage but I'll try my hardest and hopefully I'll do it. I just hope the weather isn't too bad, I've been really lucky on my runs so far x

I've had a look at the mince and it's nowhere near as bad as I expected actually, 1 syn per 100g, so should only add 2 syns or so onto the meal! Phew! I expected it to be much worse!

Yeah I bet its really hard to learn as an adult. I was a complete water baby so can't even remember learning myself, but my Mum couldn't swim until she was an adult. Although she can swim now she's nowhere near as confident in the water as me and my Dad. I guess like anything its easier the sooner you learn it, but I'm sure you'll get there.

Eek! The 20 minute run sounds so tough. It's quite a big jump too isn't it from 8 minutes at a time to 20 whole minutes!! Just see how you get on, if it's too touch maybe try and go for 10 mins and have a break and just build it up more gradually.. Hope the weather stays nice for you, its meant to rain here tomorrow!

Just Googled it Scooter and looks like they do salads! Having said that if it's a special occasion you shouldn't have to deprive yourself. Why not have something you know you'll enjoy and get back on the SW wagon tomorrow? One meal out won't hurt!

Back