From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Your Diary/Blog are so inspiring, Good for you for setting your goals, and what a dream job! I did my nursing degree and Health Visiting Degree and am determined now to not be the fat girl offering the health promotional healthy eating advice!! I feel like a fraud!
I begin SW tmmr for the 100th time(or so it feels) but so focused this time. Well done again, and good luck, I will be checking in to see how your getting on not only with your diet but your job also xx

Miss K - I definitely need to get doing more red and green days, I know a lot of people prefer them to EE. The green days I've tried so far have been great, I've loved the extra cheese allowance! Decided I'm going for my first red day this week, not sure when yet as it'll depend on plans etc but I'm looking forward to it!

Gingaling - Wow! That pizza looks amazing, even more so for being syn-less! I've never made bread in my life but for that bad boy I might have to make an exception! Its great to know there are so many SW friendly pizza options. Looking forward to giving the pitta bread one a go this week. Ooh, and yes, I'm feeling super positive about things lately, that clinical day yesterday really got me feeling so excited about the future. For so long I've not really known what I've wanted to do career wise and gone from one thing to another like a bad penny - legal jobs, working for the police taking 999 calls, insurance, freelance writing - don't get me wrong I've had some great experiences along the way and don't regret a thing, but I really wanted to find something I could settle at for life, hopefully with radiography I've found that now.

Blood covered princess - Haha! Hardly a dynamo but I appreciate the sentiment! :D How's everything going for you? Hope ya had a good weekend.

Soph - I bet being a crime scene photographer would be amazing, if not a little gory!! I'm a complete wuss so I think it'd give me nightmares! Ooh and for the radiography you don't need to have a degree, about half the people that go onto the rad. degree do it straight from college or school, the others like me are 'mature' students. Loads of the other mature students haven't got a degree though and have just done an access course at college or something to meet the entry requirements. And yep it's absolutely free, better than free even because you get paid for doing it! If I had to pay the 9k a year I wouldn't be able to afford to do it, I'm so glad it's a lot more accessible than other degree courses.

Emma - Aww thanks hun, that's so sweet! Weekend has been brill thanks, had a great afternoon today over at my Mum and Dads playing monopoly! Haven't played it for years so it was loads of fun! How are you getting on this week?

---

Well I've officially had the best weekend in ages! Yesterday was fun getting all organised for my future career and today I've been chilling with Chris at my Mum and Dad's, building our new law mower and then kicking some ass at monopoly!

Haven't done great with the body magic as I didn't get up till noon, but I managed a good 30 minutes walking around the supermarket so I'm classing that as my Bronze Award for the week done, albeit pretty shabbily by my standards! Tomorrow is my rest day but swimming is definitely happening in the afternoon after weigh in on Tue, will be interesting to compare losses for a heavy swimming week and a zero swimming week. So far I've been really disappointed by how little exercise speeds up my losses, it seemed last week like it might even have slowed them down! Will be interesting to get a few more weeks comparison under my belt. Either way, I'm not stopping exercise, being fit is just as important as being healthy, but I want to try and get the best possible balance for speedy weight loss.

Week 6, day 6 - EE

Lunch - M&S Tomato basil pasta salad - 9 syns
2 x cups of tea at the rents - 2 syns for sugar (no sweeteners!! HEXA for milk)
Banana
nectarine
Tea - Beef stir fry - Lean beef, mushrooms, bean sprouts, green veg, noodles, plum sauce -2.5 syns (for plum sauce)
Supper - Muller

Total - 13.5 syns

Today was a yummy food day, I absolutely love the M&S stir fry - such a bargain too as for £6 you can pick up beef or chicken, a sauce, noodles and a pack of stir fry veg! It's always lovely and fresh too so feels like a real treat, especially for 2.5 syns!

I'm off now to go and watch some more of the new Bates Hotel series (prequel to the Psycho movie), I don't think it's coming out in the UK 'till later this week but as its already out in the states Chris managed to get it downloaded. I watched the first two episodes last night and it really is fab!

I've also got hooked lately on reading weight loss blogs online! There's one lady called Weight Loss ***** who is doing an online blog about her journey from 43 stone to 11 stone, she's doing SW and has lost 15st so far in just over a year - it's so inspiring to read her story, so if you've got time on your hand its well worth a look! Ooh and she's doing slimming world too which means it's useful for stealing recipe ideas!

Anyway I hope everyone has had a great weekend! I can't believe Monday has come around again! I want to get loads of work done tomorrow as Tuesday will be mainly taken up by my weigh in at group and swimming, will be nice to get ahead for a change if I can.

Your Diary/Blog are so inspiring, Good for you for setting your goals, and what a dream job! I did my nursing degree and Health Visiting Degree and am determined now to not be the fat girl offering the health promotional healthy eating advice!! I feel like a fraud!
I begin SW tmmr for the 100th time(or so it feels) but so focused this time. Well done again, and good luck, I will be checking in to see how your getting on not only with your diet but your job also xx

Thanks so much Kathleen, Your job sounds really interesting too, I can see what you mean about wanting to set a good example though. I'm exactly the same, I don't want to be the radiographer that's too fat for the MRI tube! :D

Hope tomorrow goes well for you. Do you have a blog I can follow? I've found writing down what I eat here really does help, plus all the support from everyone is amazing! xx

Thanks so much Kathleen, Your job sounds really interesting too, I can see what you mean about wanting to set a good example though. I'm exactly the same, I don't want to be the radiographer that's too fat for the MRI tube! :D

Hope tomorrow goes well for you. Do you have a blog I can follow? I've found writing down what I eat here really does help, plus all the support from everyone is amazing! xx

I haven't started a blog yet, not sure id be that interesting :D .....but I may be inspired after tomorrows group

Im certainly going to write it all down, even if im the only one that reads it :) Im excited to try all the recommended foods from this page, its brilliant!!

hi, so pleased i came across your thread.This time last year, I too,was 24st 9lb.I tried myself to lose weight but couldnt.So started sw and have lost 2 stone.Still a long way to go.

Just started my journey Blog - Kaths Slimming World Journey/Blog :)

Ann - Hi hun, welcome to mini mins! Well done on your 2 stone loss so far, looks like we've got pretty much the same amount to lose. I don't know about you but sometimes it feels like it's going to take for ever, but with the help of SW and the support of people here I'm sure we'll make it. The hardest part in a lot of ways is getting started in the first place, now I've picked up a bit of momentum I really believe I can do this, which is an amazing feeling after struggling with my weight for my whole life!

Kath - Ooh I'm going to pop by and subscribe in a minute! Will be lovely to follow your journey. I've learnt so much from reading other people's diaries on here - recipe ideas, tips and most importantly I've got to know some really lovely people. Plus when we have those little blips that are so inevitable during a weight loss journey, you have people to pull you back up and help get you on track.

--

T'was the day before weigh in and all through the house.... Argghhh! I shouldn't be thinking about Christmas in September should I? :rolleyes: I thinks its because I've just paid off my Prague Christmas market break yesterday! Speaking of holidays it's only 3 weeks on Saturday - so 4 weigh in's - until I go to Lanzarote! I'm really looking forward to it, although I'm still a bit nervous about whether or not I'll need a seatbelt extension on the plane!! I've never had to use one before but I haven't been abroad in 6 years, partly due to financial reasons, partly due to the fact I was terrified of not being able to fit in the bloody seat! I'm determined if I do need the extender just to see the funny side and think that hopefully this is the last time I'll ever need one. I don't mind wearing one when I'm next to Chris, don't get me wrong he wouldn't let me live it down, but in a funny way if you know what I mean. BUT if I still need one when I go with my skinny gorgeous friend to Prague in December I think I'll want the world to swallow me up!!

Anyway, there's no point worrying about things you can't change is there? Of course I can lose as much weight as possible before the flight, but realistically with 4 weeks to go another 8lbs off is probably about my limit. If I do have to wear the extender hopefully it'll be one of my LAST embarrassing fat person experiences, the horror of which I can use to spur me on... Haha, now you're probably wondering about my other embarrassing fat person experiences, which are quite numerous! Here are some of the finest:

1. When I was 13 I got stuck in the tyres at a children's playground, it was one of those set of tyres that you climb up from the inside, anyway half way up I literally got wedged and couldn't move! I thought we were going to need the fire brigade to get me out, my friend had to go get my mum who painstakingly unstuck me by doing a lot of pulling and liberally applying vaseline! There was a huge audience too, it was actually horrific - now though I find it hilarious! :D

2. Chair drama - The bog standard sitting in a chair and the chair giving way scenario has only happened once actually, along with the notevenfittingmyfatass into a chair nightmare, where I was left sat ontop of the chair arms in a very uncomfortabe position for the whole of my lunch one day at uni!! Mortifying!

Oh and once I was in a chair with arms that were so tight that when I got up the chair actually came with me and stuck to my bum like a flipping shell on my ass!! I had to forcibly drag it off my bum!! As you can imagine, not my finest moment! ;)

3. Destroying my bed - At my Mum and Dads my wooden bed frame had to be reinforced after I enthusiastically jumped onto my bed and the whole of the slats under the bed gave way. Oh and get your heads out of the gutter, that was just my own weight, I don't need any help to break beds!! When we moved into our current place we got rid of the old bed frame and it even looked like the steel was buckling from the weight!!:rolleyes:

4. Care home hoist - This is a pretty recent one! When I started my diary on here you might remember that I'd just got a new job at a care home when I started my journey. In the induction they wanted all the trainees - 5 of us - to try being hoisted in the lift to see what it's like for the patients. I saw the weight limit on the hoist was 23 stone, at that point I was about 23 stone 10 and I absolutely panicked!! I'm embarrassed to say that to save my vanity and the equipment I made up some cock and bull story about how I'm severely claustrophobic and I might have a panic attack if I went in the hoist. To be fair I probably would have had a panic attack, but for entirely different reasons! Anyway, this is the one that really stuck with me and made me realise I HAD to do this. Although I'd been losing weight for the past 6 months I'd not been fully committed and had lost a stone. It gave me the push to join SW and really make a concerted effort to do this and shift the weight, so here I am today!

I can laugh about all these stories now, I'm sure I'll remember some more in due course too, but what really strikes me is how little most of them did to encourage me to lose weight. It was almost like I was aware of the problem on a daily basis, it was stopping me live my life to the full, yet I still carried on eating crap and gaining the pounds. I honestly don't know how I could have got myself into such a state of denial! :sigh:

But hey, here I am now, seriously doing this for the first time in my life! Its amazing to think how far I've come in just 6 weeks - mentally as much as physically. I'll be over the moon if I get my stone award tomorrow, to be fair if I don't get it I'd be gutted as after my 0.5lbs last week I'd love a decent loss this time. By decent I'm not asking for the world, it's a marathon not a sprint and 2-3lbs would make me very happy, but then again when I see people losing 4lbs plus in a week I do wonder if I'll ever manage one of those weeks! Anyway I'd better stop dreaming and go and get some writing done!

Your little stories sadden me :( things like that Don't do much for self esteem but you seem to have such a good attitude about it all, well done you x this is going to be such an exciting journey for you and I'm really pleased I found your thread so I can watch it unfold :) x

CT...reading that thread is like reliving my own life.Broken chairs etc,i didnt go to family bbq,s as those plastic garden chairs were no good for me..could not even fit in them to be honest and sitting on the lawn was a no no..i got down ok...but getting back up...what a mission, an embarrassing one at that! We never eat out as i,m to afraid of not fitting into or breaking the seats.
But at least i am trying to do something about it.
We are both on a long journey and i am going to follow you every step of the way.We will have good weeks and bad weeks...but we can do it!!!

Hey Bev, it's bloomin' great that you can laugh about those stories, it's all in your past now.

As for the seatbelt extension crack - Don't worry about, worry is the most wasted thing you can ever do, I think. If it happens, it happens. Like you said, you can just laugh about it and then forget about it. In December your body shape will be totally different :)

Your mini goal of taking 1.5stone less to Lanzarote is deifnitely doable, keep it up girlie :)

Well done you for having the confidence to share those stories with us. I'm sure they were horrific at the time but I'm glad you can giggle about it now - it's probably much easier to do that knowing that you're doing something about it. I totally agree with Emma about the worrying - I know it's easier said than done but you are doing all you can at the moment so worrying won't change anything.

Fingers crossed for WI tomorrow. I've got mine too - I'll be happy if the scales just move in the right direction this week after my gain last week :rolleyes: x

Wishing you all the best for tomorrow I hope you get your stone award and a loss that your hard work and effort deserves

Reading your stories I can relate with a few I have been abroad a few times and had to use the extensions it's embarrassing but even if you have to use it remember you're doing something about it and you wont be using it next time again could be used as Extra motivation

We have spoke about the green plastic chairs before haha when I walked into my first SW group I just froze petrified of sitting in one

I have also broke a bed would like to think its because I'm an animal under the duvet lol harsh reality is I was just too big don't go near slats now on a bed haha

We can laugh about them and its good to have that mindset but deep down these can be embarrassing situations for us and only we can change it and ensure these things don't happen in the future

Great post Cheese Thief I am also glad I found this thread

Yep..hate the beds with the slats..broken 2.Now have a divan..but ready for a new one, but, going to wait until i,ve lost a few more stones(hopefully)

Has anyone any good ideas for lunches? We eat our main meal at night time(5.30ish) so always cook then.But lunch time i am in a rut.getting sick of cottage cheese salad.Would love 2 thick slices of white bread thickly buttered,then loads of egg mayo,slice of ham and lettuce...but thats how i got to this weight lol. Any syn free ideas please.

Use 2 slices of Wholemeal 400g(HEB) use lighter than life Mayo (0.5 SYN PER TBSP) as a sub for butter Chicken salad etc fill it up

Jacket potato and beans

Mugshots always decent for a light snack

Yep..hate the beds with the slats..broken 2.Now have a divan..but ready for a new one, but, going to wait until i,ve lost a few more stones(hopefully)

Has anyone any good ideas for lunches? We eat our main meal at night time(5.30ish) so always cook then.But lunch time i am in a rut.getting sick of cottage cheese salad.Would love 2 thick slices of white bread thickly buttered,then loads of egg mayo,slice of ham and lettuce...but thats how i got to this weight lol. Any syn free ideas please.

Hi ann,
You could also do 2 slices of ww bread (hex b) and maybe egg mayo...but instead of using mayo, use up to 6 extra light laughing cow triangles to mash the egg up with...then some lean ham and lettuce..and job done!! syn free and totally yum! xx

Lovely ladies, sorry to be off the beaten track but can anyone explain how SLIMMER OF THE WEEK is worked out ? Reason I'm asking is there was a woman who lost -7lb earlier today whilst the person who got SLIMMER OF THE WEEK lost -4lb ?..... Would be grateful if anyone can enlighten me...... Many thanks xx

MM those ideas sound yummy...i always use my he a and b on breakfast as i,m not keen on the big fry up..usually do this for a main meal.I am finding it hard to eat first thing as i never ate breakfast before.I try and feed all the family the same as hate ending up doing to meals(especially as i have a fussy eater).Whatever happened to the old adage..if you dont eat it at this meal,you get it at the next lol.

Lovely ladies, sorry to be off the beaten track but can anyone explain how SLIMMER OF THE WEEK is worked out ? Reason I'm asking is there was a woman who lost -7lb earlier today whilst the person who got SLIMMER OF THE WEEK lost -4lb ?..... Would be grateful if anyone can enlighten me...... Many thanks xx

Hi Scooter! How ya getting on this week? I was wondering that myself for ages and then I found out that the SOTW has to have lost the week before too. Its fair really as otherwise the newbies who are doing the first week would always get it, as they generally have the larger losses. Hope that clears it up for ya!

Hi Scooter! How ya getting on this week? I was wondering that myself for ages and then I found out that the SOTW has to have lost the week before too. Its fair really as otherwise the newbies who are doing the first week would always get it, as they generally have the larger losses. Hope that clears it up for ya!

Gotcha Cheesey xx I lost 2-1/2lbs....got my Stone & half sticker and won the raffle !!!!!..... Thanks for clearing that up, how you getting on ? Xx

Back