From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

You can see "some" difference?!! I can see a huge difference, you look fabby in the red dress.

I lost 0.5lb this week, not great but at least it's in the right direction after last week. I've been reading on another thread about how really upping your water intake can boost losses so I'm going to give that a shot x

Aww thanks guys for the lovely comments! I guess even though I'm only 2 stones in its nice to see that I've made some noticeable progress. I'll have to put another pic on when I've lost the next 2 stone for comparisons sake. If the next two stone is any where near as noticeable I'll be over the moon! The amazing thing is I still have 10.5 stone to lose before I hit a healthy BMI, I really am going to be a different person by the end of this journey!

Had a lovely night out with my friend and popped in to see my mum and dad for a bit after, who also commented on my weight loss. We went to Wetherspoons tonight for tea and I tell ya what, that menu is not the most slimming world friendly! I made a healthy choice though opting for the whole wheat superfood pasta, which I worked out is around 7 syns.

It's amazing when you're eating healthily how much crap you notice other people eating. My friend who I went out for tea with had an Italian burger and chips followed by a chocolate fudge cake with ice cream, washed down with a pint. Out of interest I worked it out and she had around 2000 calories just in her tea! I'm not being judgemental, before SW I'd have done exactly the same thing, it just shows you how easy it is to eat a whole days worth of calories in just a single meal. Eating like that is what got me to almost 25 stone in the first place! I wish I knew then what I know now!

Ann - Thanks for your kind words. I'm sure when you've lost some more you'll feel confident enough to post a pic too hopefully. I hope things are better at home too, I hate arguing and its the last thing you need when you're trying so hard to put all your energy into losing weight.

Soph
- Aww thanks hun, its nice that people can actually tell, for a while I was just wondering whether it was me thinking I saw a difference because I wanted to if you know what I mean! In the end I just thought, sod it, I'll put 'em up. Okay that first one is horrific but I'm never EVER going to be that person again, so I guess I can feel kind of detached from it if that makes any sense.

As for the water retention, that's really interesting!! I didn't know people retained water BEFORE * week, I just thought it was during. It'll be interesting to see how the next WI goes for sure. I was thinking about going with a red day tomorrow, but as we're off to Chris's Mums for tea its probably not a good idea. She knows I'm doing SW so will do something reasonably healthy, but its bound to have meat and potato, I've never had a meal there without meat and potatoes! So red day is scheduled for Friday, I've done a bit of a trial menu if you could let me know what ya think :-
Breakfast - muller and fruit
Lunch - SW fry up - bacon, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes
Tea - ham and mushroom omelette with baked beans
Then lots of fruit to snack on in between - how does that look?

Vicky - Thanks hun. I'm glad I decided to share them too, not just for me but for other people with lots to lose. Often it can feel like there's so much weight to lose that it'll take forever to see any progress, so to have such a noticeable change after 2 stone feels great.

Gingaling, Scooter, Princess
- Thanks for the lovely comments! I love the red dress too, I bought it a couple of weeks ago in the simple be sale for my holiday! Can't wait till its falling off me and I'm too skinny to shop there, haha!

Week 7, Day 2 - EE

Breakfast - 2 x Hi-Fi Bars (hexb)
Lunch - cheese (hexa) omelette with chicken and tomato
muller
Tea - Wetherspoons - Superfood Wholewheat pesto pasta (Wholewheat pasta, nut-free pesto, mixed peppers, cherry tomatoes, butternut squash, soya beans, broccoli, sugar snap peas, red onion and sun-dried tomatoes) - 3 syns for pesto, 4 syns for sun dried tomatoes - 7 syns
Supper - muller

Total - 7 syns

Not a bad day today, although tomorrow I'm making an effort to go for the fruit rather than the mullers. The superfood pasta was a great choice at wetherspoons, tasty and much better than most of the things on the menu.
superfoodpasta.jpg

Bev - Just seen your comment, thank you hun! Well done on the 0.5lbs too, I know its not as much as you were probably hoping for, but as you're so close to goal I guess these last 3.5lbs might take a while. Fingers crossed upping your water will help. Also worth a shot is having an exercise rest day on the day before WI, I think that helped me this week x

I usually have the superfood pasta at Wetherspoons too. It's yum! I'm also so aware of what other people eat now too, how hard is it to not say "OMG do you know how many subs are in that!"? I'd never actually say anything though of course because I used to do exactly the same.

I've been thinking about your rest day before WI idea but it won't work for me until I finish C25K. To fit the three sessions a week + swimming lessons on a Thu and a half decent social life(!), the best days for me to go out running are Mon, Wed and Fri. I suppose if I do the same every week though then it won't really impact anyway. The same as what Sophie was saying about eating before WI I guess x

Haha, glad its not just me! I didn't say anything either btw, I wouldn't have listened in the slightest if anyone had told me! Ah well, I really hope my friend changes her diet in the future too, she's got a lot of weight to lose too and it'd be lovely to see her getting healthier.

You're doing so well x

:queen:There is one thing I don't like about the up to date piccie......

It hides some of the pretty lady's lovely face

Bit of a poor day for me so far, I've done my old trick and eaten way too little! Woke up early to finish some work and had breakfast (2 x hi fi bars and half a grapefruit). It was 12 by the time I'd finished and I was feeling really sleepy... so I put my head down on the pillow (only for half an hour) and didn't wake up 'till 4.30! :rolleyes: Pretty annoying as I wanted to finish off my UCAS form, but that'll have to be done at the weekend now!

Just getting ready now to head out to Chris's parents for tea, thankfully its steak tonight, I'm so hungry I'm really looking forward to it! Then we're off to the cinema, so I'm nipping to Morrisons on the way for some healthy snacks, grapes are a fab cinema food!

Have a great time at the movies..... but make sure your grapes are seedless... or you'll be giving some one the pip ;)

Thanks Princess, had a great night at the cinema, saw the new White House Down movie - very entertaining although crazily unrealistic! Had a good laugh though. I totally forgot the grapes but treated myself to a curlywurly for 6 syns, as its the first time I've had chocolate in over 6 weeks it tasted like utter heaven!

Anyway only a quick entry today as I'm heading off to bed... here's how I got on with food:

Week 7, Day 3 - EE
Breakfast - 2 x Hi-fi bars and 1/2 a grapefruit - hexb
Tea - lean steak, fried mushrooms and onion, peas, new potatoes (3 syns for any oil)
Curly wurly - 6 syns
Supper - 2 x mini babybel - hexa

Total - 9 syns

Another lowish syn day under my belt! Annoyed I missed lunch though due to a stupid nap, also no body magic yet - arghh! This week isn't going to plan at all!

I've got to get up crazy early tomorrow to finish some work for my dinner time deadline, but after that I'm free 'till Monday! :) Well, I say free, I've got that personal statement to write, but I'll have time for plenty of body magic hopefully! Weather is meant to improve for this weekend too so hopefully I'll be able to persuade Chris to go on a decent walk...

Off to bed now - well, soonish - incidentally this afternoon I dreamt I was skinny! Hopefully no more of those dreams as waking up to realise in actual fact I'm not Kate Moss was a tad annoying! ;)

Hi CT, yesterday I wrote a really long post on here and its gone grrr!! Just thought I would leave a comment as you are a frequent visitor to mine. I do read your posts but usually while I am feeding my lo so doesn't leave much time to comment. Loving the pictures you have posted. 2 stone has made such a big difference. You are looking amazing!!
I went to weigh in last night and lost 3lb giving me my 2 stone award (2st 1/2lb total in 11 weeks) I only have 2.5lb to go to get my club 10!!! It's not just the weight that is changing, my mentality and emotional side have changed too. I am so much more confident and even having my first night out in 3 years tomorrow!!!! You are doing a fabulous job and deserve every weight loss. Keep up the good work beautiful lady xx

Ah, one day that dream will become reality for you.... :)

I wasn't sure if that film would be good. I saw Olypus Has Fallen recently - have you seen it? Is it anything like that? I'm going to be at the cinena three times over the next five days...! I'm going to see About Time with my friend tonight, Diana with my sister tomorrow and The Call on Tuesday with another friend. I love the cinema and have never been one for cinema snacks so it's a great night out for me.

I hope you have some nice plans for the weekend? x

CT..you had me giggling reading your post.I bet you never though you would tell yourself off for eating too little.
Yesterday i had breakfast..sausage(1.5 syn)bacon egg.Lunch chicken drumsticks with huge salad and dsp aldi lower than light mayo(2 syns?) Tea time..chicken thighs,new pots,hm coleslaw(mixed with aldi mayo 2 syns) Then last night had oats with skimmed milk and banana.(he,s A and B)Will stick to having my he,s in the morning though,as i felt really bloated.
I get weighed on Mon..first time in 3 weeks.I am hoping for 6lb so fingers crossed.

What a difference on ya pics :) your doing soo well!!!!
I know its crazy how ya can eat so much in one meal... I try not to eat out as much now... in spoons I usually opt for the jacket potato but might have to try that pasta :)

Hope ya ok :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

ican - Thanks for stopping by hun, you are doing so well! Over 2 stone in 11 weeks is incredible, you must be over the moon! I'm so glad its given you the confidence to go on a night out. I've avoided night outs in the past because I just didn't feel confident, a night surrounded by gorgeous girls in skimpy clothing and the occasional nasty comment from a larger lout was not my idea of a good time. I don't really feel confident enough yet, but I've been asked to go on a Halloween night out at the end of October to one of my favourite clubs in Sheffield - I'd love to go, so I'm going to aim for that. It's about 6 weeks away yet so hopefully I'll be able to shed another stone between now and then!

Bev - Hey hun, haven't seen Olympus has fallen yet. About Time looks really good though so you'll have to let me know what it's like. Haven't really got a lot of plans this weekend, me and Chris will probably end up at the cinema on Sunday but other than that it's just going to be a nice relaxing weekend. I need to finish my uni application and want to do some exercise, but that's about it. Enjoy your cinema weekend! :)

Ann - Haha, yeah I have to pinch myself when I *under* eat! Having said that in the past when I've tried to diet I've gone completely over the top for the first few weeks, hardly eating anything (less than 1000 calories) and then I realised I couldn't keep it up and went back to my old ways! I guess in a way its 'normal' to have some days when you eat less and others when you're hungrier and want something a bit more substantial, so long as you don't seriously overdo it like I used to.

I'm sure you'll have lost on Monday, your food looks good so fingers crossed you get your 6lbs, let me know how you do!

Brit - Thanks hun, completely agree, going out for meals is insane when you think of all the calories in a 3 course meal! Of course its nice to have it as a treat now and then still, in a way eating out less often makes it even more enjoyable for me as it makes it feel like a real occasion.

---

Well today a leaflet came through the door from pizza hut. On the front was a pizza that actually has BURGERS in the crust. How bad is that? It's like they thought, "how can we make this meal even more unhealthy? Oh, lets add some burgers!" I've included a pic, because quite frankly it beggars belief that in the grip of a massive obesity crisis they would actually do this... The full pizza has 2880 calories!! Not to sound like an incredible glutton, but after a few drinks I could've probably polished at least 2/3rds of that off myself, if not the whole thing if I hadn't eaten much for lunch!! :eek:

cheeseburger-pizza_main.jpg

So yeah, moving swiftly on..

Had a busy morning getting all my work done for the day, today is my 'red' day, but as I'd completely forgotten about it I didn't get anything in so I've had to make do with the contents of my fridge and try and adapt them a bit. Lunch was a tuna nicoise salad (new potatoes HEXB) and tea is going to be a cheesy mushroom omelette with baked beans. We're off shopping when Chris finishes work so can get some super free in! As we're bargain hunters and indecisive ones at that, we usually end up going around 3 supermarkets (aldi, tesco, morrisons and maybe even sainsburys!). It's lots of walking though, with at least 15-20 minutes in each store, so at least its good body magic!

Tomorrow is also going to be a red day as we always start the weekend with a yummy slimming world breakfast. All week I've been craving a chicken stew/casserole so we're doing one in the slow cooker for tea. That mean so long as I use a HEXB for any potato, jobs a good 'en! :)

Hopefully a couple of red days will really help to give me a decent loss again this week, not to sound greedy but if I can manage a 3 this week it'll be half a stone in 2 weeks, that'd be pretty amazing I think you'd agree!

You so should go! I won't lie, I am nervous bit once I get a few drinks inside me I am sure I will be fine. I am still undecided on what to wear. I probably won't know until tomorrow afternoon lol

That pizza is insane, I love how they have added salad in the middle. How many people do you think actually eat the healthy bit? xx

I think any entrepreneur who opened a SW restaurant and cooked counting syns would make themselves a fortune lol.Really puts me off never knowing what to choose as a healthy option.At least Wetherspoons have the calorie count on their menu,s now..pity the one near us is pretty gross.
I hope you both go out and enjoy yourselves... YOLO..as my grand daughter would say lol.

ican - I think I'm gonna go, if people want to be mean about it they can be, after all I can lose weight but they can't change their personalities! Plus its fancy dress for Halloween which is always loads of fun! I'd be nervous too but like you say knock back a drink and you'll feel confident in no time! Hope you have a great time :)

And yes, the pizza is ridiculous. Apparently you can choose the topping, I bet the salad is just there in an attempt at healthiness, but how bloody daft is that - NOTHING can make that thing healthy, let alone a few lettuce leaves!!

Ann - Yeah it's good that wetherspoons put the calories on their food, but I agree, you can get some dodgy ones that are more like old mens drinking pub than somewhere you want to go out for your tea. I'd love a slimming world restaurant too, I think there's a cafe in Liverpool called Saints and Sinners that has a SW menu though, pity I live nowhere near!

---

I'm just about to head off on my shopping trip, been trying on some old clothes this afternoon and its so nice to see them all fitting better! It's amazing how much difference losing two stone has made to the way I look and feel in myself. I know I've a long way to go, but its not like I'm not going to feel the benefits till I'm 12 stone, every week I'm slimming down and feeling more alive! Sounds an odd word to use, but I genuinely am feeling 'alive', when I wake up I've got a spring in my step! Thank God I found slimming world! :)

Back