From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Had a lovely night but didn't end up going to the pics. Instead after seeing Chris's parents we nipped to Morrisons and got some ingredients for another slow cooker stew/casserole. After lots of chopping and prep it's now in the slow cooker and we're leaving it on overnight. Tomorrow night I'm off to Zumba so it'll be quick to heat up when I get home.

I've got to say I'm pretty nervous about the Zumba tomorrow. Even if I weighed 10 stone I'd be the most uncoordinated person in the room, so imagine that on someone whose morbidly obese, unfit and panting - its not gonna be a good look!! :eek: But hey, the only way to not be morbidly obese, unfit and panting is to do this, so I'm not gonna chicken out and come back tomorrow with some BS excuse! Besides, you never know it might be fun.

Well done on your loss - amazing!

I'm sure you'll love Zumba. I've only ever been to a few classes but I really enjoyed it.

I lost 1lb tonight which was really surprising after my slightly naughty weekend.... I'm back on it now though so hopefully I'll have a really good week before I go on holiday next Sunday. I did session 1 of week 8 of C25K tonight, I've only got 5 more runs to do now, crazy! x

Wow wow wow...just awe inspiring!
Have a wonderful time tonight...cant wait to hear how you get on...I just love all the music and the shimying..who cares if it's the right routine or not...the important thing is that you're moving and shaking and having a good time!:) xxx

I've got Zumba for the Wii so I think I will break it out soon and get jiggly (and possibly giggly) I would hate to miss out on all the fun :party0048:

Well don't worry ladies, I haven't chickened out of Zumba - yet! I am slightly questioning my sanity for choosing to go to a class so far away. As the class starts at 6.30 I'm picking my friend up at 5.45 so we have time to drive to the venue and find it, so I'll be leaving home at 5pm due to the rush hour traffic across Sheffield. That means I'll be out of the house at 5 and after dropping my friend off I won't be home 'till around 8.30 - so yea that's 3 and a half hours out of the house to go to a 1hr Zumba class!! Seems crazy, as if I wasn't such a scaredy cat I could just go up the road 2 minutes from my house! :rolleyes:

But hey, at least I know the instructor and I'll be seeing my friend who I'm off to Prague with for a catch up. In future though if I do want to go to Zumba again, it'll be to one of the local classes on my own. At least I'll know what to expect after tonight. I really hope I enjoy it enough to want to continue. I love my swimming, but as with anything I get bored easily of too much of the same thing. If I can manage swimming and Zumba at least it's a bit varied and something I can try to maintain every week. I can always add more activity as I get fitter, but for now it's definitely a big improvement on where I was 8 weeks ago!

Had a mega lie in today, for no other reason that I was being lazy and don't have a lot of work on! :rolleyes: I've just finished my first article and moving onto my second and final one of the day. I'm still waiting for a start date for my new part time job, it won't be 'till after i'm back from hols though. I applied for a few jobs a month or so ago and after I got that one stopped looking. Anyway, another employer has got in touch to offer me a phone interview tomorrow. I'm gonna go ahead with it, purely because the hours seem pretty fabby for continuing it while I'm at uni. It's only a run of the mill call centre role, but only an average of 17hrs a week over a 2 week rota. One week you work Mon and Tue 6/7pm - 10/11pm and Sat 3pm - 11pm and the next is Wed, Thur and Fri 6/7pm - 10/11pm and Sunday 3pm - 11pm. Now I know those hours don't seem ideal, but they'd be the only kind of hours I'd be able to do at uni next year as the course is basically 9-5 Mon - Fri. As I don't want to work both days of the weekend it could be ideal. Wouldn't be great for seeing Chris or having a social life though... but I can always see if I get it first.

As the uni degree pays around £550 a month I wouldn't technically have to work while I'm at uni, but things would be tight, so if I could I'd like to. If uni got too much I could always leave the job, but that extra money would just make things so much more comfortable for us. I'm not giving up my holidays without a fight :D

UCAS personal statement is pretty much finished, just needs a final edit. As my reference is back I'm going to pay the fee this weekend and get it sent off - exciting stuff! When I applied for Law there were no interviews, you just got accepted or rejected, but with radiography things are a little more tricky - assessment days/interviews/tests - arghh! I'm just glad I have 5 uni choices!

Off to get ready for Zumba soon, need to find a sports bra capable of keeping my knockers under control - I do not want a black eye!

Updating food diary early as after 2 hours of driving and a 1 hour Zumba class I'm guessing I'm going to be fast asleep as soon as I've eaten tea tonight.

Week 8, Day 2 - EE

Breakfast -2 x hi-fi bars
Lunch - small plate of cheese (hexa) and tomatoes, shape chocolate yoghurt (1 syn)
Tea - Chris's slow cooker creation - chicken, onions, mushrooms, carrots, swede, potato, peas and green beans with super synful soupy gravy with bisto (7 syns but toally delish)

Total - 8 syns

I really couldn't be bothered making anything for lunch so just raided the fridge and had my hexa cheese with a handful of tomatoes. Not a good lunch, but I think the nerves are starting to kick in about the Zumba now. :rolleyes: I'll do better tomorrow though, pinky promise!

I know I shouldn't be nervous, I guess its just the thought of being the biggest person their, unable to keep up with the routines and being completely uncoordinated! Plus driving 2 hours in rush hour isn't going to be the best for my mood either, but hey-ho I'm doing this... BTW, I bet you can all completely tell how much I'm wanting to talk myself out of this can't ya? ;)

Food wise I want to do some red days this week, but tomorrow is gonna be another EE as we've got the other half of that stew thing to finish off. Need to try and lower the syns a bit too after today, I know I haven't gone over, but I want some low syn days this week. Determined to do all I can to keep up my scale success next week..

---

Anyway I've been a bit crap replying to people...

Bev - Well done on the pound! Only one more week 'till your hols now so give it everything you've got! You're doing fab with couch to 5k, how long are the runs this week?

Ging - Thanks hun, I love dancing around the house to loud music, so hopefully I'll enjoy the Zumba! Either way its meant to burn 400-700 calories in an hour, so pretty awesome if you ask me!

Princess - I really want to get a wii, you'll have to let me know how the zumba for wii is. My only worry is it'd be one of those purchases that ends up never getting used, a bit like my 30 day shred!

Last edited:
Just catching up great loss again this week and well done on SOTW and SOTM great effort and now your fully seeing the results your hard work and effort deserves keep at it thinking bout moving over to red days myself any tips advise for that?

Enjoy Zumba :) you will be fine and remember one thing if its really hard and tough it will be at its worst tomorrow because every other time you attend in the future you will be fitter and losing more weigh week by week :)

Big congrats again on your loss- SOTW AND SOTM!! Amazing :D am so glad Red days helped give you a boost, definitely keep on with them! Some people arent great with carbs and weight loss so might have been why you were averaging -2s before. Not looking forward to my WI tomorrow after all the carbs I had this week :rolleyes: I just dont seem to lose well when I've had lots of rice or pasta sadly! Could happily live off them otherwise!

Looking forward to hearing how Zumba goes x

JMA - Thanks, congrats to you too on your 5 stone award! Yep its great to finally see some fabby results on the scales, feels like all the hard work is paying off now. Red days can be tricky at first, but if you make sure you plan in advance you'll be fine. The mistake I made was thinking that it was more along the lines of an Atkins style all meat diet, but it isn't. You can pretty much eat your usual stuff if you like, just leave out rice, pasta, potato and starchy veg like parsnips and jobs a good 'en. If you really want potato you can have a jacket as a hexb choice though. The double hex's are great too! Definitely shook things up for me a bit last week and I'm gonna try and include a couple each week.

Soph - I reckon I'm one of the slow losers when it comes to carbs too. Annoying though as most carb dishes are scrummy! Gonna aim for 2-3 red days again this week. Hope it isn't too bad tomorrow at WI, I know you had a really light day today so hopefully it's evened things up a bit for ya.

---

OMG!! I survived my first Zumba class and it was AMAZING!
Had such a good time dancing along to music, plus me and my friend couldn't stop laughing at our attempts to master the moves. It was the most fun I've had in ages and I'm definitely going to the same class next week! In spite of all my fears and moaning I wish I could just do it all over again RIGHT NOW!

Pretty sure I'm gonna ache like hell tomorrow so I'm having a 'rest day' and doing my swimming on Friday instead. Tea was absolutely gorgeous when I got in as I was starving (forgot to take a pre zumba ceral bar as planned), after wolfing down my casserole I wanted more but forced myself to wait 15 mins for my body to catch up, and hey presto, I'm now pleasantly full!

So another fab on plan SW day. I can't believe I'm losing weight, eating great and going to EXERCISE classes! I'm seriously a different person to the one I was 8 weeks ago!

There aren't enough 'likes' in the world to get over how much I'm loving your update! Just so positive and full of energy! So glad Zumba was brill...I'm off on a burn of a fitness holiday on sat and they offer Zumba classes as part of their whole weekly program of things...after seeing your post and how much you enjoyed it, it's reminded me of the fun I've had a couple of classes so I really must make the most of the next couple of week and make sure I include it! :) thanks CT!! Xxx

Woooooooo well done!!!!
Zumba is fab :)
So pleased you enjoyed it

Also FAB for not going back for seconds... this week im trying to drink a pint of water with each meal to stop me eating more :)

Your doing great!!!! :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

JMA - Thanks, congrats to you too on your 5 stone award! Yep its great to finally see some fabby results on the scales, feels like all the hard work is paying off now. Red days can be tricky at first, but if you make sure you plan in advance you'll be fine. The mistake I made was thinking that it was more along the lines of an Atkins style all meat diet, but it isn't. You can pretty much eat your usual stuff if you like, just leave out rice, pasta, potato and starchy veg like parsnips and jobs a good 'en. If you really want potato you can have a jacket as a hexb choice though. The double hex's are great too! Definitely shook things up for me a bit last week and I'm gonna try and include a couple each week.

Soph - I reckon I'm one of the slow losers when it comes to carbs too. Annoying though as most carb dishes are scrummy! Gonna aim for 2-3 red days again this week. Hope it isn't too bad tomorrow at WI, I know you had a really light day today so hopefully it's evened things up a bit for ya.

---

OMG!! I survived my first Zumba class and it was AMAZING!
Had such a good time dancing along to music, plus me and my friend couldn't stop laughing at our attempts to master the moves. It was the most fun I've had in ages and I'm definitely going to the same class next week! In spite of all my fears and moaning I wish I could just do it all over again RIGHT NOW!

Pretty sure I'm gonna ache like hell tomorrow so I'm having a 'rest day' and doing my swimming on Friday instead. Tea was absolutely gorgeous when I got in as I was starving (forgot to take a pre zumba ceral bar as planned), after wolfing down my casserole I wanted more but forced myself to wait 15 mins for my body to catch up, and hey presto, I'm now pleasantly full!

So another fab on plan SW day. I can't believe I'm losing weight, eating great and going to EXERCISE classes! I'm seriously a different person to the one I was 8 weeks ago!

Hey look at you..... Dancing Queen
:queen:

Wow Bev, 28 minutes is fab, how many weeks has it taken to get to that stage? I'm still super apprehensive about doing something as high impact as running at my size, but I can't wait to get started. By the time spring comes around in 6 months I reckon I'll be in the 16/17's with a bit of luck and with the lighter nights and nicer weather it'll be a great time to get started! Cant wait!

That's one of the things I've noticed since I started losing weight - pretty much everything in life is getting more enjoyable! I'm looking forward to the future so much more, because there's SO much to actually look forward to! I've always wanted to learn how to ride a horse, but I've always been over the weight limit, so it'll be great to do that at last. Travelling will be so much more fun too, I won't have to worry about air-plane belts not fastening or any of that crap, I'll just be able to enjoy myself. Oooh and think of all the gorgeous clothes I'll be able to buy! Once I'm maintaining a steady weight I'd love to buy some gorgeous designer pieces for my wardrobe. Nothing too expensive, just really well made and tailored items of clothing for my wardrobe staples. I'd love some skinny jeans too, but don't worry I won't be wearing them before target, they look universally terrible on fat people!

Incidentally last night when I was talking to Chris about weight loss and getting to target, he said he'd buy me a gorgeous dress. I said, "OK how about a Vivienne Westwood?" and he AGREED! I'm sure he doesn't realise he's just signed up to buy me a £600 dress yet, bless him! ;)

Well I'd better go and get my articles done for the day before my phone interview at 1.30 - eek! Determined to eat a lot better today, so after the interview I'm making a lovely omelette for lunch. I worked out yesterdays calories and it was under 1000, so with all that exercise it wouldn't have done me any favours, the last thing I want is my metabolism shutting down on me!

Ooh and I ache like a ***** today too - at least I know that Zumba is working!

It's so lovely to hear you so excited.... you're the same age as my daughters and I just want to run out and adopt you lol you're a sweetheart

It's so nice to read such a positive post :) I so agree with you about looking forward to things more. I've ticked a lot of things off my list that I'd never have done before, just because I have heaps more confidence - learning to swim, braving an exercise class by myself and running outside (where people can actually see me!!) are just a few. Horse riding should be one of your mini goals, it would be such an achievement when you get to below the weight limit.

I had a little chuckle about the VW dress - poor Chris probably doesn't know what he's signed up to! I'm sure he'll still go for it though after seeing what hard work and dedication you are showing, especially once you are at target.

The 28 minutes are week 8 of the plan so it's taken almost 2 months to get here. That's way quicker than I'd ever have imagined. You should definitely try it once you feel comfortable. There is nothing better than the high you get immedately after finishing a run x

Bev - That's amazing, I'm on my 8th week of SW now so its incredible how in such a short time you've managed to go from a complete non-runner to being able to manage 28 minutes straight! :cool: And I've lost 1st6lbs in that time too! Just shows what amazing results are possible in just a couple of months!

He really doesn't have a clue about women's fashion, to be fair as I've been shopping at Simply Be and Evans in the 2 years we've been together why would he? That's gonna be one hell of a shock when I get to target and tell him the price. It's totally worth it though as it'll be the first time in my life I've wore something that isn't capable of being used as a tent! :D

For the horse riding I think you can go on super large horses from around 18/19 stone, but in the interests of equestrian well-being wouldn't want to risk it! 15 stone is the usual weight limit at places like centre parcs, so soon as I'm in the 14's I'm on it! Oh wow, that just made me think of all the cool things I'll be able to do at centre parcs. I haven't been in a while but i's absolutely love to go there and do some of the more active stuff.. they have things like quad bikes, high ropes, windsurfing, canoeing, indoor climbing etc! It sounds so good I almost want to book another mini break, although I refuse to book anything now until I'm back from Lanzarote and Prague, my advance planning of holidays is pretty ridiculous! Although I just found a 4 night midweek break for £340 in April... not bad considering me, chris and my 'rents could go for basically £80 each! :eek: Actually, that might make a pretty cool idea for a Christmas prezzie... God help my bank balance!:D

Aww, princess, haha, what a lovely thing to say! Though I'm sure you'd quickly want to un-adopt me when you see how messy I am! :D How are you getting on this week?

---

Well my telephone interview didn't happen as someone at the company was off sick, so I was poised by the phone ready to spring into action for 30 minutes before getting in touch with them... pretty rubbish service if you ask me! It's now re-re-scheduled for 11.30am tomorrow - it's only meant to last 30 minutes so soon as its done I'm hitting the lunch time session at the pool!

The electrician and land lord are coming around again later to put a permanent fix in for the lighting problem we've been having, so I'm off to hoover, wash the pots and do a bit of cleaning before they show up at half 5. Need to get my hair dyed and have a shower too but I think I'll leave the hair dying till the weekend - don't want the chlorine turning my hair a dodgy colour!

Oh yeah, food for the day - lunch was a bit lacking in the 2/3rds superfree today as we really need to go shopping! Thankfully we're off tomorrow night.

Week 8, Day 3 - EE

Breakfast - 2 x rocky road hi fi bars - hexb
orange
Lunch - Cheesy mushroom 2 egg omelette - hexa (one of my eggs was a double yolker - get in!)
shape yoghurt - 1 syn
Tea - same as last night - Chris's slow cooker creation - chicken, onions, mushrooms, carrots, swede, potato, peas and green beans with super synful soupy gravy with bisto (7 syns but totally delish!)
curlywurly - 6 syns

Total - 14 syns

Last edited:
Double yoker egg!!!!! Amazing!!! :) x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I know, first time I've found one! Result!

---

I've just worked out in order to get under 20st for xmas I need to lose 2.75lbs a week. Will be tough if I have some dodgy weeks, but hopefully I can make it! In a way getting out of the 20 somethings into the 19's feels like the first stage of my journey, I honestly can't wait! Anyway, been sat around with th land lord for the last hour waiting for the electrician, who didn't show. I've been stoody up twice now today - electrician and interviewer! Grr!

Anyway, nipping to Aldi for some shopping. Need to get some super free in for my red day tomorrow. Decided on fruit and yoghurt for breakfast, omelette with bacon and veggies for lunch and superfree salad for tea - yum!

Back