From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Ha ha it would take more than a mess to get you un-adopted.... you should see what kind of mess my girlies can make.... my boy on the other hand... never a thing out of place, but then he does has Asperger's

I think you will get to 20 for Xmas..you are doing so well and seem to be so motivated.I hope i can as well.
I have never done a red day..do you think it helps boost your weight loss?

Hi Cheese Thief :),

I've been reading your diary, you've been doing so well ! You come across as very focused, and that you really want to do it this time ! I feel like that too. After going through many diets on and off, I really am determined to achieve my goal this time and SW is defo the right plan for me. I am pretty sure you will achieve your xmas goal ! :D I will keep popping in to read your updates. Wishing you all the success on your journey hun !

Kay xx

Thanks guys, your comments and support mean so much. Plus it makes me feel like I'm accountable if I go off on a chocolate and crisps binge! :D

Had my phone interview this morning and passed, so next stage now is the assessment centre on 10th October. *fingers crossed*

Swim was planned for lunch time today but my arms still ache soooo much from Zumba. There's no way I'd be able to get a decent workout in feeling this achey. Every time I extend my arms and stretch them out it feels like the muscle is really bruised/straining! At least it's an improvement on yesterday! Instead I'm going to get my hair dyed at last and get some reading done for my OU course. I might even take the book to the park, its such a nice day again!

Really not feeling like doing any writing today. Don't get me wrong I love writing, but some of the jobs I get are so boring and repetitive it's unreal. I'm getting sick of deadlines, making changes the clients never even asked for in the first place and being stuck at home in the day. Really looking forward to starting my part time job, just to get me out out the house and for the conversation! It'll be so nice to finish work and not have to think about it! Writing is on my mind 24/7 what with deadlines and planning my workload, so to just go to work, come home and be able to relax or do my OU course with no stress will be fab. Of course I'll still do my writing too, just less of it which will hopefully bring my enjoyment back!

I shouldn't whine really, in a few years when I'm working flat out as a radiographer I'll look back and think how lucky I am right now! I do feel lucky too and I'm determined to use this year before uni to get this weight off and pass the OU course. The module website opened yesterday so I've been looking at all the info in terror, there's SOOO much to learn! The course is meant to take around 10 hours a week between October and June and I can see why!

Ugh - what an afternoon - dyed my hair but in the process one of my kitties ran straight into the bloody bathroom, I picked him up and put him out, but he got some dye on him! :rolleyes: As hair dye can be poisonous to cats I spent the best part of the next hour chasing him around the house with a cloth and bowl of water trying to get it off. All the chemicals and rubbish seems to be off now, but I have a black and white cat with a pink/red patch on his back! :eek:

Here's a before and after for comparisons sake!

Mischief shelter pic.jpgpink mints.jpg

Felt so bad for the little guy I even gave him half of the sausages in my lunch. I cooked up a cheesy (hexa) sausage, mushroom and tomato omelette - it was absolutely delish and reminds me how yummy red days can be!

Off to do a bit of my OU reading now, everyone else on the course seems so keen that I don't want to get left behind! x

--

Week 8, Day 4 - RED

Breakfast - Special K cereal with splash of milk - 4.5 syns & hexa
Lunch - Cheesy 2 egg omelette with 2 chopped up sausages, mushrooms and tomato - 2 syns and hexa
Tea - skinny coconut chicken - 8 syns
Supper - chopped up pineapple

Total syns - 14.5

Last edited:
Ugh - what an afternoon - dyed my hair but in the process one of my kitties ran straight into the bloody bathroom, I picked him up and put him out, but he got some dye on him! :rolleyes: As hair dye can be poisonous to cats I spent the best part of the next hour chasing him around the house with a cloth and bowl of water trying to get it off. All the chemicals and rubbish seems to be off now, but I have a black and white cat with a pink/red patch on his back! :eek:

Here's a before and after for comparisons sake!

View attachment 108488View attachment 108489

Felt so bad for the little guy I even gave him half of the sausages in my lunch. I cooked up a cheesy (hexa) sausage, mushroom and tomato omelette - it was absolutely delish and reminds me how yummy red days can be!

Off to do a bit of my OU reading now, everyone else on the course seems so keen that I don't want to get left behind! x

--

Week 8, Day 4 - RED

Breakfast - Special K cereal with splash of milk - 4.5 syns & hexa
Lunch - Cheesy 2 egg omelette with 2 chopped up sausages, mushrooms and tomato - 2 syns and hexa
Tea - Morrisons salad -
Supper - chopped up pineapple

Total syns - 6.5 (so far...)

Next time you want to dye the cat just give him a dip in food colouring ;)

Well, what a day! My Friday night was spent sitting in a vets office with a very poorly kitty. I hasten to add it wasn't Mischief (the one I got the dye on, who is perfectly fine) but his brother Minty (my little ginger one). He's either got a sore throat or swallowed something dodgy. Anyway yesterday he started coughing really badly, it honestly sounded like he was choking, I was so worried. When Chris got home from work we whisked him off straight to the vets where he was given an anti-inflammatory pain relief injection and the vet looked down his throat. He couldn't see a blockage but advised us to keep an eye on him overnight and bring him in today if there were any more problems, the next step would be to give him a general anaesthetic and look down his throat, he'd have to stay in hospital for a few days too! :( Thankfully overnight he's got loads better, hasn't done any of the horrible choking cough noises and seems pain free. Of course we'll still be keeping a close eye on him, but hopefully he's on the mend. Was absolutely heartbreaking to see him in so much pain, I was crying driving him to the vets - horrible!

Anyway, today has been much better, although I kept having horrible nightmares about him dying and woke up in a cold sweat! This morning I thought I had a migrane coming on so had a lie-in bed and tried to sleep. Got up around dinner time feeling loads better and went off to Morrisons/Aldi/Sainsburys for our weekly shop, popped in for a visit at Chris's parents and I've just got back.

Food has been all over the place time wise today. When I got up at 1pm I grabbed a handful of crunchy nut while I was getting ready, then lunch (salad) wasn't until 4pm after we'd been shopping. About 10 minutes ago when I came home visiting the parents I had a bowl of blueberries and blackberries topped with a custard muller. Now I feel uncomfortably full, though at least it's not accompanied with the guilt i'd get after binging on crap! I really don't think we'll be fancying a 'proper' tea tonight, we were gonna have spag bol but I feel stuffed and Chris has just grabbed a sarni. I'll just munch on some chicken later if I need it, could even make it a sandwich as still got my hexa and hexb to use! :)

Today was gonna be an EE day, but apart from the pasta in my salad it's been pretty much red. I can't be bothered to syn the pasta though so will just stick with EE. As we're off to see Barry Gibb in Manchester tomorrow, Sunday will be another EE day - we're having lunch before we go but our evening meal will be out somewhere. I'm hoping we can spot a subway so I can have a salad! Anyway, aiming for my second red day of the week on Monday, the day before WI for me is always super light so some veggies and lean meats will be ideal. Look at me droning on and on planning my life away, I never used to plan anything food wise and now it's like second nature!

On the NSV front Chris mentioned to me that I was looking much more shapely, I took a pic and I can see what he means, much less round than before! I'm definitely getting more of an hour glass figure from when I started, of course at 22 st 4lb there's a fair way to go to Monroe-ness, but it's nice to see a change! I really didn't think I'd start to feel better about my size until I was at least under the 20 stone mark, but already I'm feeling much more confident. Making much more of an effort with make up, nails, clothes etc than I used to too, its so nice to feel slimmer :)

(before and after pic for comparisons sake)

fatbev (1).JPGprogresssss.jpg

Anyway, I bet you're sick of me posing!

I just can't believe how losing almost 2.5st has changed my life, makes me feel so excited about losing the rest of it!

Week 8, Day 5 - EE

Breakfast - Crunchy nut chocolate cereal - handful - 3 syns
Lunch - Morrisons salad bar - tuna pasta with mayo (3 syns), tomato, beetroot, sweetcorn, mixed beans, oriental 'slaw, cucumber - 3 syns
Snack - Blueberries and blackberries topped with a custard muller
Tea - chicken sandwich (hexb + 6 syns) with cheese (hexa)
options hot choc - 2 syns

Total syns - 14

Last edited:
Her Hee.....

I'm in Manchester ....... don't forget to bring the adoption papers :D

As for the new piccie... much wit-wooiness

Hey CheeseTheif! :D man I love your diary, so full of energy and inspiring!
So nice to read recent positive posts! Awesome that you are aware of all the things you can enjoy when at target- you should write them down somewhere and put it on the fridge or I have a list in the back of my diary, to turn to if you have a low week. I found it really helped me get through a bit of a plateau I hit to read a list of awesome things I will feel when slimmer, gave me a boost to keep trying rather than comfort eat :rolleyes:

I know it's a bit sucky to think of carbs as the enemy but yesterday on my 'treat' green day I was missing the meat and not even enjoying he carbs :S I think I have trained myself out of them a bit :p strange that it happened so fast too. There are so many recipes to explore to keep red days exciting too! I love turkey meatballs with wholemeal bresdcrumbs.

You've inspired me to take a look into Zumba! Might try and drag a friend... Oh, and Centre parks! I'd love to go back there- is it really just £380 for 4 people?? Is that like a cabin? I totally want to try rock climbing again in a coupla stone's time, last time I did it I was probably 16 and wasnt strong enough to lift myself, it was such hard work! X

Soph - Zumba is amazing, you really should give it a go. I dragged my friend the first time as I didn't know what I was letting myself in for, but now I'd happily go on my own. Everyone just gets on with their own thing and has fun, you can work as hard as you like and as long as you're moving the instructor won't stop to correct you or anything. If I can do it at 22 stone with zero co-ordination, anyone can!

Rock climbing sounds amazing, there's actually a huge bouldering/climbing place over the road from our house, it'd be so cool to be able to do that! When we drove past the other day I said to Chris "oooh in ten stone I'll be doing that", as he doesn't know my weight he was like "Bev don't put yourself down, as if you need to loses ten stone!" - I felt like telling him that's the absolute minimum I need to lose from NOW to have a healthy BMI, let alone from when I started, but instead I just laughed! I will 'come out' about my weight eventually, just not until I'm out of the 20's!

Good idea about writing targets down, I'll make a big list on here one day and then get it printed off and stuck somewhere prominent I can see it every day.

As for Centre Parcs, usually it's more expensive, but if you check out the off season midweek breaks you can snag some pretty decent deals. I had a look the other day and found a 4 person villa at the end of April for 320 quid, bargain as its only 80 each! As I've banned myself from holiday booking 'till the new year I think I need to steer clear of those websites... we'll see how long that lasts though! :rolleyes:

Red days are fab, I'm going to try and aim for a mainly red week next week as I want to get as much weight off as possible before Lanzarote! Having said that a yummy spag bol is currently cooking on the stove and I can't wait to nom on some carby gooness!! :D

Princess - Haha, thanks hun I'll be sure to pop in with the details! ;) How are you getting on this week?

----

Busy day today - just got back from the opticians where I've been fitted with my new contacts, spag bol is currently cooking and after I've had that time to get ready and head off to Manchester! Not sure what the rest of the day has in store food wise, but I'm going to take a cereal bar and some chopped up pineapple with me just in case I get peckish and there's no healthy choices. We're going to try and find a subway for tea, but it will all depend where I can get parked. Saving my hexa and hexb choices so at least I can have a sandwich or cheesy jacket potato if there are really no healthier options...

Can't wait for the gig tonight. Chris is more of a Bee Gee's fan than me, but being as he paid for my ticket who am I to say no? :D Should be a fun night! I always hate driving back over the Pennines in the pitch black though, snake pass seems never-ending! Never mind though, with some tunes pumping I quite like a nice drive and it'll be nice and sunny going over woodhead pass with some lovely views! :)

I'll post my food diary so far and update later...

Week 8, Day 6 - EE

Breakfast - Rhubarb muller
Lunch - Spag bol with mushrooms, onions, lean minced beef and Dolmio sauce (5 syns)
Snacks - cereal bar - 5 syns
Tea - well, I ordered a club sandwich (there were seriously NO healthy options), but when I saw it that pile of white bread put me off so much I only ate a slice of it with some cheese, lean bacon, mayo and lettuce on - lets call it 8 syns

Total syns - 18

Last edited:
My week is going fine Honey... just getting used to the Slimming World system... I think it is going ok but I will know at tomorrow's weigh in. Have a great time at the gig x

Good luck tomorrow, let me know how you get on. Fingers crossed for you! x

Thank Honey I will :)

Well the gig was fun, but that's pretty much the only part of yesterday that went well!

Travelling was an absolute nightmare, so much so that we've decided to get on the train for the gig tomorrow. I must have driven over 6 hours yesterday, not nice! The worst thing was when we came out of the venue and were trying to figure out how to get to the motorway, we passed a speed camera and it flashed at me :( - I was sure it was a 40 limit, but not so apparently, despite being a dual carriageway with no houses anywhere near it! So looks like my 9 years clean licence is gone - 3 points and a £60 fine is heading my way - so annoying, but I've only got myself to blame really.

Anyway, food wise we went to a pub and there were literally NO healthy options! They didn't even do pasta dishes, it was a choice between melts or burgers... I found a club sandwich and went with that, but when I saw it I felt sick. After barely touching white bread for 8 weeks there were 6 slices of it on my plate! There was no way I could eat it. Instead I took one of the slices and put the lean bacon, cheese and salad on it, giving the rest to chris. Thanks to my big spag bol for lunch I didn't feel too hungry anyway, although after the gig I scoffed a cereal bar down before the drive home.

--

As we didn't get back till 1.30 in the morning I had a nice lie in today 'till 11. Woke up to a phone call from yet another job agency, they want me to go to an interview next week apparently... if I manage to get all these jobs I'll be spoilt for choice! ;) The good news is if I do get it I'd be starting on the Monday after my holiday, 25 hours a week too so plenty of time to study and do some writing.

Gave in to a major craving I've been having lately for my breakfast - big bowl of crunchy nut with chocolate flakes! My diet over the last couple of days has been really crap for super free, but now I've got all the carbs well and truly out of my system I can get back on plan. The rest of the day will be a really light food day ahead of tomorrows WI. I'm meeting my friend at the pub for a bit later, but only having diet drinks... now after I've rang the tax office AGAIN to ask about my refund it's time to shower and get ready...

It's amazing how WI seems to come around so quickly these days. In my first week it seemed to take forever as there was such a huge focus in my life on food and SW. Of course I'm still massively focussed on losing weight, but I've also started looking at food differently and find it much easier to stick to plan. I'm not so nervous about this weeks WI, although tbh I'm not expecting a mega loss. After losing 7.5lbs in 2 weeks its only natural my body needs time to adjust, so a steady 2lbs would make me a very happy lady and get my SW 1.5st award in the bag too!

I'm glad you enjoyed the gig yesterday, just a pity about all the driving :( What gig is it tomorrow?

I know what you mean about WI coming around so quickly these days, I feel like that too x

Fleetwood Mac tomorrow, really excited for this one! Chris was more of a Barry Gibb fan and I just went for him really, although I did enjoy it more than I thought I would.

Just booked the train too, so it'll be a lot more chilled out!

With WI I used to think about it all the time when I started, but now not so much, so when it actually comes around it seems super fast! How have you got on this week? x

Fleetwood Mac tomorrow, really excited for this one! Chris was more of a Barry Gibb fan and I just went for him really, although I did enjoy it more than I thought I would.

Just booked the train too, so it'll be a lot more chilled out!

With WI I used to think about it all the time when I started, but now not so much, so when it actually comes around it seems super fast! How have you got on this week? x

I would soooo love to see Fleetwood Mac (got room in your hand bag?).

Hey, hey Miss Bev, just caught up on what I've missed since I've been away, and check you out with your SOTW & SOTM! Absolutely amazing!

It's nice to read that you're still doing so well, didn't I say that 7.5lbs was a doddle for you?! :) Good luck for WI tomorrow, can't wait to see how you get on.

BTW, Tunisia was awesome, I've PM'd you the details.

Back