From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

With WI I used to think about it all the time when I started, but now not so much, so when it actually comes around it seems super fast! How have you got on this week? x

Not so good... I had my uncle's wedding on Friday and so that ended up being a total write off with a three course meal (all non SW friendly) then drinks at night. I tried my hardest to get back on it on Saturday and Sunday but ended up going over syns by about 5 each day. I'm back on it today though so I'm hoping for a good week before I go on holiday this weekend x

Hey CT! So impressed that you managed to step away from the bread :D bet you wouldn't have seen yourself doing that a few months ago! I think that's a massive NSV personally!

So glad you had a good time at Zumba. I've wanted to go for ages but feel it would be better with someone else.

I work at a university and found out today there is a Zumba class at 16:30 on a Tuesday which I could go to. I'm tempted but feel even more intimidated because in my head it will be full of fit, skinny 18 year olds and then me lumbering along half-dead at the back!! I know it's a bit silly but I also know lovely mins people will understand :)

Princess - I couldn't believe we managed to get tickets as absolutely love Fleetwood Mac. You're very welcome to pop along in my handbag! haha x

Emma - Glad you had such a fab hols! Thanks for believing in me, I think sometimes I'm my biggest critic! Really hope I get this last 4.5lbs off so I start holiday in the 21's - got 1 more WI after tomorrow so fingers crossed!

Bev - We all have weekends like that, so good on you for getting back on plan. Bet you can't wait for your holiday now, how long are you going for?

Flix - You should totally go to Zumba, although I know why you feel nervous. When I went to uni open days I felt that I stuck out like a sore thumb compared to all the petite little 18 year olds, but sod it, I've as much right to be there as them and so do you! :)

---

Well my eating has been all over the place the last few days. I've actually probably been under-eating on calories, but just eating crappy processed stuff that uses lots of syns without being at all filling. Had a pretty busy few days though, so hopefully now things should settle down a bit. Gig tomorrow again, but planned out my meals to make them SW friendly - SW fry up for brunch, subway salad for tea and some fruit thrown in for a yummy red day!

Week 8, Day 7 - EE

Brunch - Big bowl of chocolate crunchy nut - 8 syns
Tea - 1/3rd pasta and salmon ready meal with creamy sauce (3 syns)- it made me feel sick though so left it and had a slice (1/8th) of chris's pizza - 6 syns
options hot choc - 2 syns

Total syns - 19 syns

So yeah, 19 syns and I've hardly eaten anything today!! Plus it's the day before a WI!!! ARGHHH!! Despite this fact I've just totted up my calories and it works out at only 700!! :eek: Crazy how I don't even feel hungry though, or I'd eat something before bed. I know I could eat for the sake of it, but after all these years I'm really trying to listen to my body and get out of doing that.

Anyway, normal service will be resumed tomorrow with lots and lots of super free!! Not sure what the scales will say as I've had quite a high syn week, but then again I did my Zumba and drunk loads more water than I normally do. I have no idea how my body works so the number on the scales is always a complete surprise. All I keep thinking is that there's only 1lb to go until I get my 1.5st award, hope I manage it!

I'm sure that award is as good as yours ;)

I leave on Sunday and get back 2 weeks on Monday. I can't wait! We're flying on the new Boeing 787 Dreamliner as well which will be a nice treat - mind you, that's the one that was grounded at the start of the year because a couple of them went on fire....!!!!

Good luck for WI today x

Bev.... Have a great time xx

Cheesy.... That's it I'm back on the Zumba with her indoors on the WIl.... Xx
Have a good day both x

Well only 1lb down today, but I did come home with this bad boy...

sw1.5.jpg

Chuffed I've managed my 1.5st award in 8 weeks, although less chuffed with losing 1lb. To be fair though I've been over my syns 3 days this week and not eating all the super free I should, and after a 3.5lb and 4lb loss the 2 weeks before I could hardly expect it to continue indefinitely...

Aiming for lots of red days this week and loads of super free! 1 more weigh in till holiday so really want to make this one count and manage a biggie 3.5lbs plus to get into the 21's for holidays! Having said that I've met my holiday target already now, so I'm obviously super pleased about that. Anything extra now is a nice little bonus! :)

Woooohoooooo!!!!!!!

Brilliant results girlie, so chuffed for you :) Well done for hitting your original target, any loss next week is just a bonus.

You're such an inspiration :D

Well done on the 1lb loss and getting your 1½ stone award. You must feel amazing!

Fingers crossed for a good loss next week. You know you can do it but, if you don't, please just remember how far you've come already. You've achieved so much in such a small amount of time, you should be bloomin' proud of yourself! xx

Well only 1lb down today, but I did come home with this bad boy...

View attachment 108928

Chuffed I've managed my 1.5st award in 8 weeks, although less chuffed with losing 1lb. To be fair though I've been over my syns 3 days this week and not eating all the super free I should, and after a 3.5lb and 4lb loss the 2 weeks before I could hardly expect it to continue indefinitely...

Aiming for lots of red days this week and loads of super free! 1 more weigh in till holiday so really want to make this one count and manage a biggie 3.5lbs plus to get into the 21's for holidays! Having said that I've met my holiday target already now, so I'm obviously super pleased about that. Anything extra now is a nice little bonus! :)

Thatsa my girl ;)

Wooooooo well done ct!!!!!!!! You are doing fab!!!!! I def think eating more superfree helps.... ive hardly had any recently and my losses havent been great need to get back on it :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks guys, so pleased 1.5 stone is gone forever and 2.5 stone since Feb! :)

Really hoping if I get a few pounds off next week my 2 stone award might be in sight after I get back off my holidays (if I'm good!). Not going to set myself unrealistic targets though, so long as I keep losing consistently and steadily I'll get to my goal eventually!

Just had a yummy lunch tucking into this..
swbreki.jpg
Lots of super free and lovely and filling too! As we're off out later to Manchester I'm not 100% sure what tea has in store, but as I'm going for a red day it will probably involve a salad from Subway. Anyway, I'll update it all tomorrow (won't be home 'till 1.30am) but I'm taking a fruit salad box for the train and my hexa cheese, so at least I'll be nice and prepared!

Week 9, Day 1 - RED

Breakfast - Special K cereal bar - 4.5 syns
Lunch - SW fry up - 2 poached eggs, lean bacon, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms
UNPLANNED MEAL OUT - cheeseburger and chips - 45 (guesstimated!)
large cappuccino - 15

Total - 64.5 syns!
eek.gif
(more about this in tomorrows entry!)

---

Before I forget I also wanted to post my SW graph of weight loss so far, its so nice to see that little line in the 19s at last!! Apparently at this rate I'll be 19st 5lbs by 6th Jan!! If I can manage that I'll be over the moon! :D

swgraph.JPG

Last edited:
Lunch looks fine and tasty :D

Manchester again.... You just trying to sneak up on me? :rotflmao:

Your graph looks great, mine is all over the place with whopping great losses, STSs, gains and then little losses thrown into the mix as well! It looks like you're headed for Club 10 at the start of November too which will be another certificate to add to your collection :)

Congrats on the award!!! I love the colour, I bet it looks as nice on your kitchen cupboard as it does mine :D

Congratulations on your award well deserved :clap:

Just seen your last uploaded picture big difference especially in your face looking well :)

Enjoy the concert

Well had a bit of a 'blip' last night. Got to Manchester and went looking for somewhere to eat. Anyway we only went and found the Hard Rock Cafe 5 minutes walk from the venue! I've never been to one before but Chris loved the one he went to in Prague, so we decided as a treat we'd have a nice meal before the gig! It's about this point I thought I wouldn't be happy having a salad when I really really wanted something splurgy, so I thought sod it - new week and all that- I'll order whatever I want for my main, but steer clear of dessert and have diet drinks instead of cocktails. A sort of compromise to SW I guess!

Anyway I only went and had a cheese burger, chips and side salad! :eek: Although to be fair it tasted absolutely GORGEOUS and I really enjoyed it! Cravings satisfied I was super good for the rest of the night sticking to diet drinks at the gig and avoiding the temptation of pastries at the station, sticking with a cappuccino for the train ride home. So yea, syns wise it was bad, but compared to how I used to be - i.e eating one bad thing then totally blowing it - it's shown how far I've come since joining SW. Plus, I had a bloody amazing night! :D

Anyway, I'm going to work out yesterdays syns, but it won't be good...

special k bar - 4.5
cheeseburger and chips - 45 (guesstimated!)
large cappuccino - 15

Total - 64.5 syns! :eek:

Holy crap! That was worse than I imagined - damage limitation time! I guess I can subtract 15 from the total as my allowed syns for the day, so somehow over the rest of the week I need to recover 50 syns! I said I wouldn't do the whole 'syn-recovery' thing again as it was crappy the last time I tried, but rather than write the day off as a flexi-syn day I'd prefer to at least try and be super good the rest of the week in the interests of a pre-holiday loss. I guess any pre-holiday loss now might seem a bit optimistic, but given the fact I've got 6 days to go I reckon I can manage something!

With 90 syns left for the next 6 days, subtracting the 50 I went over leaves me with 40 syns, so 6.5 syns or under a day. Will be a bit tight, but I should be able to manage it hopefully.

--

Week 9 , Day 2 - EE

Lunch - Morrisons salad bar - tuna mayo pasta (4 syns), tomatoes, beetroot, grated carrot, mixed bean salad, cucumber, oriental slaw, hard boiled egg - 4 syns
Tea - Omelette with cheese (hexa), tomato and spring onion
Snacks - Grapes, shape yoghurt (1 syn)

Total - 5 syns

With all the food in already ^THIS ^ is pretty much guaranteed to be what I'm eating today. So an EE day with a red day tea basically.

No Zumba this week as my instructor is poorly, but if she wasn't I'd be pretty much guaranteed to be cancelling anyway as I banged my knee last night at the gig and it's still feeling a bit battered today. Instead I'm catching up with some writing work this afternoon and doing some reading for my OU course this evening. Should be a nice relaxing day and I'm glad I don't have to go out again (i nipped out to Morrisons for healthy food when I woke up) as it was freezing, drizzling and really dark and dreary - yuck! On the plus side though it's 27 degrees and sunny in Lanzarote - 1 week and 2 days to go! :cool:

Ooh and I got a call from one of the jobs and have an assessment day next Wed, if I pass that then it's onto the interview stage and the job starts on the 21st October, the Monday after holiday! I'd be over the moon if I got it, so fingers crossed! The only thing is although it's 25 hours a week I think training is full time, so I'd have to find a different SW group :( I love my group so really don't want to leave... The same C does an evening group though so I guess I could go to that until I'm part time... Anyway, I haven't even got the job yet so I'd better stop creating problems that aren't even there!

Hope you're all having a lovely week guys!

Last edited:
Oh wow, that spring onion and cheese omelette was yummy, super filling too with 3 eggs! Now time for my shape chocolate yoghurt and then I'm curling up in bed with my Biology book!

Feels good to have a really good day on plan again after 3 pretty crappy ones. Only 5 syns too, I need to try and keep this up now 'till WI!

Aiming for a nice low syn red day tomorrow, off out for tea at subway (really this time, no pubs!) so I'm going for a nice low syn salad with another omelette for lunch. Really enjoyed my food today, feels good to be back on plan!

Well its throwing it down outside today, I'm still sat on the sofa in my PJ's thinking of ways to avoid going out later. I'm seeing my friend tonight for subway and a movie, but I really don't fancy it. Especially because I had a stupid argument with Chris last night and although its now sorted I just want to spend some quality time together. I won't be seeing my friend again though 'till after Lanzarote, so at least 3 weeks. Plus I know I'll enjoy it when I get there, i'm just being lazy... :rolleyes:

Didn't get up 'till 11 today as was awake until the early hours with the world on my mind. There isn't much work about this week so I'm just doing bits and pieces, thankfully I've got my OU course to crack on with too. Finished the first chapter now which isn't meant to be completed for another 2 weeks, think I'll go over it and make some notes as I'm clearly missing something if we're meant to spend 2 more weeks on it!

Lunch was a very lazy mix of things I had in the fridge thrown together... Not this most filling of lunches, but it did the job!

lazylunch.jpg

Much against my better judgement I've been looking at holidays again today. If I get the job next week, after the first month or so I'm going to book a break for us to Tunisia. I know a couple of people who've been and loved it, plus the lovely Emma PM'd me about her trip and it sounded fab. Looking at the dates we'd be able to go in June after my OU exam is over, 10 nights All Inclusive at a 4* hotel for £390 each, how amazing is that?! Plus it's only £99 deposit and then 6 monthly payments of £100ish, so a fab deal I think. Never been to Africa before either! :D I'm pretty sure when I'm qualified from uni I'll be spending my entire disposable income on holidays and vivienne westwood, but what a fab way to spend it! :p (okay, buying a house is on the list too...)

Getting onto the topic of weight loss again, I can't even imagine what I'll look like by the time June comes around! Saturday is the 5th of October, so it'll be 2 months since I joined SW and in that time I've lost 1.5 stone... if my weight loss continues at that rate by June (8 months away) I'll be 6 stone lighter (8.5st in total) and in the 16's!! :eek:Now I'm not saying this will happen as I expect my losses will slow down, but even if I'm in the 17's I'll look like a completely different person to the one I am now. Plus I'll almost weigh less than my boyfriend, now that'd be nice for a change!! :D

Anyway, I'd better go and get ready for heading out and seeing my friend. Feeling a bit less lazy now thankfully!

---

Food diary (planned)

Week 9, Day 3 - Red

Brunch - Grapes, cheese (hexa 1+2) and tomatoes
Chocolate and hazlenut shape yoghurt - 1 syn
Tea - Turkey subway salad with tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, onions, olives (1 syn), gherkins and sweet onion dressing ( 2syns)
Special k biscuit - 4.5 syns
Supper - ff yoghurt and blackberries

Total - 8.5 syns (2 over my 6.5 target today, but I was 1.5 under yesterday so I'm happy with that)

---

Okay so I've just re-read my post before I submitted and was thinking about the 1.5 stone in 2 months thing... that means if I carry on at the rate I have been doing, by the start of August next year I'll have lost NINE STONE since joining SW!!! That kinda brings it home what an incredible journey I'm on, but also how far I've left to go... Well, one day at a time I'm determined to do this. I just wish I could glimpse a year into the future to see what life is like. One thing's for sure, I've got an exciting year ahead!

Last edited:
Back