From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Hope your ok cheese thief and feeling better now enjoy your holiday and enjoy a treat now and again or me its all about being in control you have made great progress so far

All he best for your interview and have a great holiday

Emma - Good luck tonight!! I've really missed weighing in today, sounds daft but even if I've not done great it gets my mind focussed and ready for the week ahead. My C does a group at 7pm which I briefly considered, but shifting from a morning to evening weigh in is bound to add 3-4lbs just from food and water, so leaving it as planned 'till Thur. Can't even go tomorrow morning as my interview at 10.30 am, grr!

Like you say if I'd put another holiday in it'd be 3 weeks between weigh ins! I really think going on Thur and facing the music is the right thing to do, you never know I might have even lost as I've hardly been caning the food, but as always I just don't know what to expect!

JMA - Good luck tomorrow! Thanks re:interview, crossing my fingers! Yeah I'm just going to go on holiday with the aim of having a good time and enjoying some treats without completely blowing things. The main thing is that I have fun though and tbh I'd be quite happy with a maintain when I get back, just so long as I haven't undone any of my hard work!

Had a real sleepy day today, although this cold is slowly starting to shift I'm still nowhere near back to normal. Didn't get up till 2.30pm and now at 5pm all I've eaten so far is my hexa, pretty crap! Going to get a big bowl of cereal in a sec and make another veggie omelette later. Hardly food optimising at its best but the car's still in the garage till tomorrow morning so haven't got to the shops. Think I'll ask Chris to nip into Tesco for some fruit on his way home from work.

Tomorrow is my pre-WI day so a yummy red day is on the cards with uber amounts of water to help shift any retention caused by this cold! As I'll have the car back I'm going to hit Morrisons for a fruit fix and a big super free salad, I'll probably have another veggie omelette for tea though - I've become quite partial to my omelettes! :D

I've been rooting around looking for my camera yesterday and came across an old weight loss diary from 2011. It only had 1 page filled in that said "13/4/11 - 21 st 12.2lbs", it's so sad there were no more entries as 2.5 years later I weigh 5lbs more than that!! Will be nice in a few weeks when I finally get under that number for good. I seem to have spent most of my life in the 20 stone plus bracket, getting into the 19's will be a massive achievement for me. It's scary to think in 2 stone 4lbs time I'll have made it. Scary because it seems to be the target I've worked towards for years. Once I get there it will really feel like I can do this, plus the first part of my weight loss journey will be over. You probably think I'm daft dreaming about the 19's, it's still huge, but for me it really will mean the world and I'll practically feel 'skinny'! :eek:

Week 10, Day 1 - Green

cheddar cheese - hexa
Brunch - Crunchy nut cereal and splash of milk - 6 syns
Tea - Cheesy mushroom and tomato 3 egg omelette - hexa
Can of pepsi - 7 syns
:rolleyes:
Grapes
Shape yoghurt - 1 syn (using these up then back to syn free Mullers!)

Total - 14 syns

So yeah, not a great day but at least I'm under my syns and with the car back tomorrow I'll be able to get to the shops for lots of super free!! Feel like I'm missing vegetables and fruit! As usual I've been crap with the hexb's but I've got nothing in atm, not even wm bread!!

Off to make that omelette now and then do some packing!

Oooh, NSV to report! Whilst doing my packing I was trying on some clothes and can now fit into my size 24 linen trousers! Ok I won't be wearing them out yet as still a bit tight, but 3 weeks ago they wouldn't do up. It's given me a bit of hope that the scales might be kind to me this week after all... really looking forward to Thursday and finding out!

It's amazing how in 9 weeks I've gone from a size 28 trousers to size 24! :eek:

Wahoooo for the NSV, amazeballs. Makes you feel awesome doesn't it? A real boost, and I'm glad it's made you realise that WI won't be as bad as you think :)

Oh and the teens are better than the twenties when it comes to weight related so it's great you're striving for 19stone. You can do it!!!

Hi Cheese Thief!:wavey:

I'm usually a lurker not a commenter, but I just wanted to tell you that I've been really enjoying reading all your posts and I think you're doing really well!:happy096:

You have a really positive attitude and I find myself nodding along with a lot of things you've said. Well done on all your weight loss so far and on your recent NSV. I can tell you're in it for the long haul and are gonna get great results!

I have about 9 stone to lose. I've only lost a few pounds so far and am finding it quite hard not to give in to temptation. But even losing a few pounds feels nice!

I was wondering if I could be a bit cheeky and ask for your advice about copywriting. I've been trying to get into freelance copywriting for awhile but am having trouble finding work. Any hints or tips you could give me would be much appreciated :D

Hope you have a great holiday! :character00238:

Emma - NSV's are the best! It's always nice to see numbers going down on the scale but that doesn't really mean anything 'till you can actually see and feel the difference! Well done on your 2lbs last night and your 4.5st award, what an incredible achievement!! You must feel and look like a different person! :)

Goodenough - Hi, nice to meet ya! Thanks for your lovely comments, long way to go yet but so far I'm enjoying the journey. Good luck with your weight loss, the first few weeks are definitely the hardest I think, but positive thinking and taking each day at a time really helped to get me through it.

As for copywriting, I took a very bizarre and roundabout route into it. It was never my dream or anything to be a copywriter, I just enjoy writing and saw an ad online for freelance writers. I applied to sign up to a couple of agencies - copify/textbroker/demand media etc and was amazed when I was accepted from my samples. These sites don't pay great but it was a start and from then I branched out and got some regular clients, grew in confidence and started pitching for articles etc. I love writing, but it was much more fun when it wasn't a job. I cant imagine ever giving up the copywriting, but I want a steady income I can rely on each month, so retraining as a radiographer (hopefully!). Just to give you an idea on the money front btw, some months it's 2k plus and others it's £400 so if it wasn't for Chris and my savings it'd be a bread and dripping month! :rolleyes:

--

OMG WHAT A DAY! It's not even over yet either!

The place I went for the job turned out to be a massive sh1t hole basically. Horrible location at the back of a desolate looking business park, inside the office was like down town Beirut, although I haven't been their so I might be doing a disservice to the Lebanon capital. Seriously though everything looked so tatty and battered it was unreal. I heard one of the girls in the staff room talk about not leaving food out due to rats in the building!! :eek: I won't know if I've reached the next stage of the recruitment process 'till later, but in a way if I don't it'll be a nice relief as I won't feel compelled to go back! On a plus side the people were really nice which always counts for a lot with me, though it'd be nice to work somewhere I didn't need a tetanus jab to sit down!

On my way home I stopped off at Morrisons to grab some yummy superfree salad for lunch, I was absolutely starving as hadn't had time for breakfast due to a massive rush! So I sat in the car after I'd come out and decided to eat right then rather than waiting half an hour to get home! It's amazing how good a salad can taste after not having one for a bit, even when cramming it in with a plastic fork in a crowded Morrisons car park!! :D

Anyway, then my car broke down - AGAIN - I'd only just picked it up from the garage and paid £150 that morning too, plus it was a DIFFERENT problem!! Now it's apparently something to do with the EGR valve, which I'm taking to the garage tomorrow after WI for a clean, for another £50... I actually despair with that car! After holidays we're going to start shopping around for a new one, thank god! I've been having a look online and as long as we can save a decent deposit we should be able to get a 0% finance deal, ideally on a nice little beauty like this... It's times like this having a boyfriend who doesn't drive and knows nothing about cars could be an advantage, it's so pretty and shiny...:cool:

YS07FLL(1).jpg

Ooooh, well while writing this the job just called back and I'm through to the interview stage... I may as well go, you never know it might not be *that* bad, plus it wouldnt hurt for a month or two till something better comes along to help out with car savings! I've still technically got a job at another place, they just need to get back to me with a start date so won't be too long I don't imagine. I could have started last month but they didn't want to break my training up with hols so waiting till after I get back...

---

Week 10, Day 2 - EE

Lunch - Morrisons salad bar - Tuna pasta mayo (3 syns), cucumber, grated carrot, tomatoes, beetroot, oriental coleslaw, normal coleslaw (2 syns), sweetcorn, basil, mixed peppers, egg
Babybel - hexa
Tea - Morrisons fruit salad bar - mango, grapes, blueberries, pomegranate, kiwi, orange, melon, meringue sprinkles ( 2 syns)
Shape yoghurt - 1 syn

Total
- 8 syns

Gorgeous food day jam packed with over 15 different kinds of superfree fruit and veg, delish! Decided to have a break from my trusty omelette for a change. Plan for the rest of the evening - drink **** loads of water in prep for my WI tomorrow.

Feeling a bit nervous about tomorrows WI but over the last 9 days I'm certain to have had a calorie deficit, so a loss would be lovely! I never know what to expect so won't speculate any more than that. To counteract the new scales I'm also going to WI at Boots on my way home from SW, that way I'll be able to compare against 2 scales, although 'officially' I'll use my SW weight!

I really do need to learn to chill out when it comes to WI. Woke up at 4:30am and couldn't get back to sleep for the life of me! Put the time to good use though as finished off my book, but now its nearly 7 and although I'm up in an hour I just want to go back to sleep!

Feel pretty light today so we'll see what the scales have in store for me.

Morning Ben, what time is your WI today?

Thanks for the nie comment. I was/still am over the moon with myself - If I can do it, you can! :)

That job interview place sounds like an absolute dive, but then again a job is a job isn't, and they are hard to come by nowdays, so well done for getting another interview. On the car front as well, you defo need to ditch this current car of yours it sounds like a money pit. Hopefully Chris will agree to the shiny blue 206CC.

Let us know how you get on at WI ASAP! Haha, I'm so impatient and want to know your results :)

Haha, aww bless ya. WI is at 9.30 but got a few errands to run after - getting lunch from Morrisons, picking holidays contacts up from opticians and taking car to garage - so won't be posting 'till dinnertime ish. Having said that it might be earlier as don't think I'll stay to group this week, but will see how I feel as it seems like a waste to pay and not get anything for your money so to speak! (Can't ya tell I'm from Yorkshire! ;))

I know the job doesn't seem great TBH, but its only 3 days a week so would leave me loads of time to study and get exercise in - plus no more worrying about copywriting deadlines and money uncertainty! Besides, if I get it and really hate it I can always move when the other job gives me a start date... I'd love to just get settled somewhere though and just be able to get on with the next year! Stressing at the minute as I'm feeling behind already with open uni work. Will have to have a massive push with it when I'm back, even considering taking my book on hols with me! :rolleyes:

Right, time to set off to WI. I hope to God the car doesn't break down again on my way, it'd be just my luck!!

OMG OMG OMG!!!! I'M IN THE 21's!!!!!! :gimi:

3.5lbs lost this week making me 21st 13.5lbs!

Feels so good to be rid of the 22's at last! I know it's a new set of scales but I weighed at Boots too and they put me 1/2lb lower, so it's a pretty safe bet to say it's a genuine loss and not a fluke
:) Now the real challenge is going to be staying in the 21's with a week long all inclusive holiday coming up!! If anything though it's given me even more motivation to stay on track, just a 1/2lb gain would see me back into the 22's and that's a number I never ever want to see again!

Determined to be super good until Friday night when we go for our tapas meal. I even went to Morrisons and bought some granola bars for hexb and 2 small wholemeal bread rolls. Just polished one off for breakfast with lean bacon, a fry light fried egg and a dash of ketchup for 2 syns - beautiful! I've noticed that in the last 9 days I haven't had a proper breakfast at all, pretty crap really as it sets your metabolism going for the day, so aiming to manage something for breakfast every day from now on.

I've got at least 12 days now 'till my next WI - I say 'at least' because if I get that job I'll be doing full time training when I get back from Mon to Fri 9-4, so will need to find another group *sob*. I don't like the idea of evening groups as the first weeks change over is pretty much guaranteed to be a disappointing gain or best case scenario staying the same, so I'd probably look for a Saturday morning group instead. The only thing though with a Saturday morning one is that it'd put a real dampener on Friday night, so maybe an evening one would be better, although I can imagine not wanting to eat or drink all day which isn't good! :rolleyes: Don't worry I wouldn't do that, but I'd hardly be able to enjoy my food that day... Anyway, I'm rambling now (even more than usual) - I'll figure it out!

Hi CheeseThief Congrats ! :D

You are doing amazingly well ! I have no doubt that you will be in the under 20's by new year ! Such an inspiration to others. Well done !

Hugs Kay xx

:bighug:

Wahooooooo!!!!!!

What did I tell you?? I knew you'd be in the 21's for you holibobs!! You can so do this! :D

Here's to a good few days before you jet off to Lanzarote, I'm so chuffed for you.

(Oh and BTW in my previous post I obviously meant to call you Bev, and not Ben, haha)

Kay - Thanks hunny! Still not sure whether I'll get into the 19's for Christmas, but I'm gonna try my best! According to my SW chart online I'm on target, but then I've got next week on holiday and 5 days in Prague in early December... so we'll see. Either way, it shouldn't be too far off hopefully!

Emma - Haha! Yup you were right, though after those trousers fitting the other day I was getting pretty hopeful too. Just going to really try and hammer the super free on holiday and make the most of all the yummy fruit and veggies! Really hope a maintain isn't too much to ask for, I'd love to lose but with cocktails and meals out every night I just can't see it happening!

Rae Rae - Thanks hun. In total I've lost 2st 10.5lbs since Feb, but 1st 10.5lbs in 9 weeks! Wow, I can't believe how good that sounds, lol! :D

---

Yummy food day today, really enjoyed my hexb bacon sarni earlier and just finished a lovely Morrisons salad bar salad (again!) for lunch. Tonight me and Chris are heading out to see the re-release of The Wicker Man and popping to Subway for some tea. Not sure if I'll fancy another salad though and being as I'm on 13 odd syns already it looks like I might go over today... Not great being as this is my last chance for a super good day 'till I get back from hols! :rolleyes: Having said that a 300 calorie Subway sandwich isn't exactly going to ruin my diet, I'm just so conscious of the slippery slope effect sometimes that I stress about things I don't need to.

Even now I'm terrified of going back to how I used to be, absolutely terrified. It's only recently that I've began to realise that I was on a fast track to health problems and an early death with the way I was eating. Sounds silly because I was nearly 25 stone, so to anyone else it'd be obvious, but when you've been big your entire life it just felt like being me! That probably doesn't make much sense, but it's hard to feel like something is wrong if you've never had the chance to feel 'right'. Will be incredible to have a healthy BMI someday... Of course there's the cosmetic side of all this too, I want to look great on a night out and feel confident, just like anybody - but first and foremost to me is that I want to be healthy.

Anyway, today was also the mark of a huge moment in my weight loss - I've now got less than 10 stone to go 'till I reach a healthy BMI. Okay 9st 13.5lbs is still loads, but psychologically it's a huge boost. I love all the little mini changes along the way that you meet with every loss, there's always something to look forward to and aim for with the next weigh in. For me, the next step now is my 2 stone award - 3.5lbs to go - it'd be fantastic to get that when I come back from hols, but for 3.5lbs I have to work really hard and be at least 85% on my game, so it just isn't achievable after a week on holiday. Instead then my goal for next WI is to stay in the 21's - definitely achievable with all the walking and swimming I plan to do on my hols! Plus, any extra is a bonus!

Week 10, Day 3 - EE

Breakfast
(yey, first time I've typed that in a while!) - wm roll (hexb :cool:) with lean bacon and fried egg (frylight fried of course) and ketchup - 2 syns
NuMe Apple and Blackberry granola bar - 6.5 syns
Lunch - Morrisons salad - tuna mayo pasta (3 syns), coleslaw (2 syns), grated carrot, sweetcorn, tomatoes, beetroot, cucumber, oriental 'slaw, hard boiled egg - 5 syns
Grapes
Tea - Subway - Turkey sub - 14 syns

Total - 27.5 - oops! :eek:

Last edited:
Hey - congrats on the fab loss :D

Re: weighing in on a Saturday, I'm a Saturday weigher... A very reluctant one at first admittedly, but now I really like it.

It was literally the only class I could get to so I went, and it's turned out so well - it makes me control myself on a Friday which is good both weight and money wise!! I don't know what your Fridays are like but I was in a habit of going for drinks with the bf after a tough week at work, then not being bothered to cook and eating out or buying takeaway... Then eating rubbish on Saturday as well!! And nice as that was, I do like the more chilled out and healthy Friday evenings.

It also forces me out of bed and makes me more productive on a Saturday :)

The only thing that is a bit annoying is I do end up missing class some weeks, if I'm away for the weekend or something (like this weekend). But I just try to plan so that if I do have to go somewhere, I get the earliest train I can after class etc. Its not too bad :)

Come on, be my Saturday buddy!!! Hehe no pressure ;)

Babytree -Thanks hunny! xx

Flix - If I get the job I think I'll join you on the Saturday weigh in's, at least for a few weeks 'till my full time training is over and I get a fixed day in the week off. Plus, like you say, at least it'll keep me out of mischief on a Friday night! The thought of going in the evening and always being 3-4lbs heavier than I really am (well, in the mornings anyway) would be just so frustrating, it could be all the difference between reaching my xmas goal or not!

---

Well it's the day before holiday and I'm feeling excited! Before I can really get into holiday mode though I have to prepare for my interview at 2pm. Although I'm not massively keen on the job (mainly due to the shitty office!) it'd mean I could fully concentrate on my OU course in my spare time and get into a set routine, which would be nice. As I've said before I love writing, but not the money stress or deadlines, so having a job where I just go and come home with nothing on my mind will be great for this next year.

Had my hexb wm roll with bacon and egg for breakfast, lunch is going to be nice and light today as off for my flexi-syn tea at La Tasca with that £50 voucher I won! :) I might not be posting again now 'till after I get back, but I'll keep a food diary while I'm away and try and stick to SW as much as I can. The main thing is that I enjoy myself though, it's my first holiday abroad for 6 years and I just want to have fun!

If you want to add me on Facebook btw feel free, I don't think you're allowed to post FB links on here but if you PM me your profile I'll add ya. Have a lovely week everyone, hope you all do great so I've got an enjoyable diary read ahead of me when I get home! :)

Week 10, Day 4 - EE

Breakfast - wm bread (hexb) with bacon , egg and ketchup - 2 syns
Lunch - Shape (1 syn), grapes and granola bar (6.5 syns) - 7.5 syns
Tea - Flex syn la tasca

Total - oopsy - but planned :)

Back