From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Despite the hexB blunder that is a seriously low calorie day! Blimey... I usually have wheatbix for desert to a meal for dinner LOL! And with just salad for lunch! I get SO hungry if I have salads for lunch!

Also, maybe I missed something but that looks like a Red day to me- no?? Dont have to syn the milk if so ;)

Have had a load of slow weeks followed by an insane -5 this week- even after drinking two bottles of wine last weekend and having a huge unlimited japanese food meal :D weird body lol! Have never lost.more than a 5 and didnt expect to get anything that high after the past couple of slow months!

Tunisia sound fab- I am so jealous of all your holidays :D that will be such an epic surprise, wish my boyfriend would do something lile that! Itching for a holiday.

Cant recommend the soup thing enough after my loss this week, though (like with salad) I do get hungry pretty fast after them so might be best to pad it out with a hex side or some chicken or something if you need it to sustain you at work!

X

Wow, what a lucky girlfriend Chris has got. That's so generous of you to book a surprise holiday away for you both. Tunisia is a lovely country, I really hope you both enjoy it. Plus I'm sure in may it'll still be hot enough to get your tan on :)

Food wise, I'd also be starvin marvin if I just had weetabix for my tea, haha. I need a good hearty meal.

How is the new job going? Are you into a routine yet?

Quick update before I nod off of my food.. just got in so completely shattered!

Week 11, Day 4 - EE

Breakfast - 3 x oatso simple breakfast biscuits - 7.5 syns
Snack - Apple and grapes
Lunch - Morrisons chicken salad sarni on wm bread - using bread as my hexb so 7 syns
Tea - Chicken casserole with sprouts, carrots, onions, peas and potato

Total - 14.5 syns

Hitting the hay now as up in 7 hours time for WI, not feeling this one at all but can get back on track properly after.

Hi Bev, just doing the diary rounds because I've not had a chance since I came back from my hols.

I can sympathise with the struggle you are having to get back into SW mode after your holidays. Today has been my first 100% on plan day but I'm hoping that that will set me on the right path now.

Your holiday sounded fab and the pics look amazing. You look gorgeous in the one you posted of yourself.

Great news on the job too x

I'm just back from facing the music today - 2.5lbs ON - grr! To be honest though it could have been a LOT worse and I had an amazing holiday, so no regrets! I'm actually feeling quite proud of myself for getting back on plan so quickly after hols, I found it really difficult for the first couple of days but now I feel like I'm pretty much back into the swing of things. A few more low syn days and I'll feel really positive again. Determined I can get rid of that 2.5lbs this week, giving me 4 more weigh in's to get half a stone off in time for Prague. I'm sure I can do it. I know SW works, I just need to stick to it!

Done pretty crappy with the exercise these last few weeks, but only got 2 more weeks of training 'till I'm down to part time hours, so will re-introduce it again then. At the moment I've got enough on just working full time, doing my OU course and the odd writing assignment. Speaking of the OU, I did a mega stationary shop last night so tomorrow I'm having a big study day, nothing else planned all day except hitting the books. I might even get cracking this afternoon if I can get tidying done, have a shower and diaries caught up with this morning.

Ooh that reminds me, you all need to go and watch Captain Philips! I saw it last night and was completely blown away. It's a movie about pirates attacking a cargo ship off the Somalian coast and taking the captain hostage. Fascinating stuff and completely gripping too. I'm off to the cinema again tonight with one of my friends, not sure what I'm seeing yet but if it's half as good as Captain Philips I'll be happy!

Right time to reply to peeps and then get caught up diary wise, looking forward to seeing how everyone has got on!

---

Soph - Yep that Thur was seriously low calorie, I honestly felt so tired when I got in from work I just wanted to crash out and as Chris was hammering the overtime 'till 8 a bowl of cereal was all I could be bothered to make! Oh and the reason it wasn't red is the tuna nicoise salad had some potato in it. I want to try a few more red days this week though now as determined to get this 2.5lbs off pronto. It'll feel so good to know I'm making progress again rather than just treading water!

Minus 5 is amazing!! You must be so happy-I swear if I ever manage a 5 I'll jump on the chairs and scream!! :D It's funny how our bodies work though isn't it?! I think sometimes they must take a while to process a loss if you know what I mean.

I'm really lucky with all the holidays, I feel a bit spoilt, but I'm working hard for them and always get bargains to make our money stretch further. I went through a phase where due to my size and feeling ill with the glandular fever and exhaustion etc I didn't feel up to travelling for years. Lanzarote was my first holiday abroad in SIX years, so guess I'm just making up for lost time now! I really have got the travel bug at the minute, there's just so much of the world I want to see and I really want to make the most of these next 5 or 6 years where we're child free. I bet travelling with kids is an absolute nightmare.

I'm going to go with the soup for a couple of days next week, I'm not a massive soup fan but it's nice and warming on a cold winters day. Plus if it helps boost my loss then all the better!

Em - Haha, I should get a girlfriend of the year award or something for this one! To be fair it's not entirely altruistic as I'll be getting an amazing break out of it too, but it'll be so cool to surprise him! Job is going well so far, it's pretty much your standard call centre set up, but the people are nice and I'm only working 27 hours so I'll have lots of time for uni once I'm on my shifts.

How have you been doing these past couple of weeks? I just remembered I can't check your diary!

Bev - Aww thanks Bev, had such a lovely time. How was your holiday? Tell me everything! What did you get up to?

Well done on getting back on track with things, I think getting back on track after a break is the most difficult thing when losing weight. So many times in the past I've had a slip up and never got back on plan, but not this time thankfully!

Last edited:
I've just adjusted some of my goals, there's no way on earth i'm going to get into the 19's for Christmas as it'd mean losing 2st 2.5lbs in 8 weeks. So my new goal is to get into the 20's, which is 16.5lbs away. I think this is pretty achievable with a 2-3lb loss each week. Of course I'm going away to Prague in this time, but only for 5 days - it shouldn't be quite as damaging as the 10 days or so I was off plan for Lanzarote.

I'm going away to Scotland in Feb and Tunisia in May, so set some nice little mini targets to help me along the way. I know now more than ever that I'm seriously in this for the long haul. There is no magic fix, I didn't put this weight on overnight and I won't lose it overnight either. I won't have lost it all for uni in September, even though it's 11 months away I know that now. On the one hand it's quite daunting, I might not even reach target next year at all. Regardless, one thing's for sure, I'm never giving up. I need to follow SW for the rest of my life, as long as I'm doing my best it takes as long as it takes.

The girl I'm sat next to at work lost 9 stone on ww, it took her 3 years but she's now kept it off for 4 years. I want to be like her, not a boom and bust approach of starving myself and busting my gut for 6 months to lost 10 stone, but putting it on a year later. Losing weight doesn't have to be hard, that's why I love SW so much. Although I've had a gain this week I've faced it, the old Bev wouldn't have done that, she'd have never gone back at all. So yeah, it's another NSV. Only lost 2lbs in October, but I've learnt a hell of a lot of lessons so I'm confident November will be quite different!

---

Doing my food diary early as off out later to the parentals and cinema, I'll adjust later if I need to.

Week 11, Day 5 - RED

Breakfast
- 2 x rocky road hi-fi bars
Lunch - Omelette with chili cheddar cheese (2 x hexa) onion and baked beans (hexb)
Banana
Tea - Salmon (in herbs and spices), peas, oven chips - 9 syns
snack - nicked a nacho with sour cream - 1.5 syns

Total - 9 syns

Last edited:
I'm going to see Captain Phillips tonight and I can't wait!

My holiday was amazing. We went to most of the theme parks did loads of shopping and sightseeing and chilled out at the water parks. Our villa was beautiful and I'd go back in a second. It wasn't without dramas though, I took an allergic reaction to something early on and my face was all dry and my eyes we're swollen. All sorted by some eye drops and cream from the chemist though. The kids all had their moments, as did the adults, but I was fully prepared for that so it was fine. It was hectic and exhausting so I was glad I'd taken an extra 3 days off work after I for back to recover!

2.5lb on is nothing, you'll have that off in no time and then you can focus on your next holiday xx

Oh Bev it sounds amazing, definitely agree about taking the extra days off. I got home at 4am on Sunday and started training at 9am Monday, I was absolutely shattered!

Did you go to blizzard beach? It's one of the Disney water parks and I absolutely loved it. My Mum n' Dad took me when I was 12 to Florida and it was such an amazing holiday. I really want to go back but as it's so expensive it'll have to wait a few years 'till I'm qualified, plus as I want kiddies one day it'd be a great place to take them... God, I'm such a planner!

And agreed, 2.5lbs isn't bad at all, I said I'd be happy with anything under 3 and I really am. I imagine things would have been different if I'd gone to my regular Tue WI though, I dread to think as I've been really good these last couple of days!

We didn't go to Blizzard Beach, we went to the 2 Universal water parks, Aquatica and Wet 'n' Wild. The theme parks we did were Seaworld, Universal, Islands of Adventure, Busch Gardens and Magic Kingdom. We hired a boat at Downtown Disney one day and my two nieces had princess makeovers there too. They looked fab! We went to a classic car show, a Halloween night and visited a beautiful little town called Celebration. We squeezed so much in to 2 weeks I really needed a holiday when I got back. I arrived in Glasgow at 6am on Monday and didn't go back to work until Thursday which was nice.

2.5 on is nothing!! That'll be off by next week- fantastic! :D totally worth 10 days off for 2.5lbs, you should be chuffed!

You can use potato as a hexB so I'd totally count that other day as a Red one (and minus the extra hexA, so an acheivement and a half!)
Even though you didnt get the benefits of more HEx's you can still be glad to know you acheived a Red day :D

My mum mentioned today (when I was talking about not eating carbs because I dont seem to lose) that maybe I had a gluten sensitivity. I just found this article about food sensitivities slowing down weight loss: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...r-claims-low-fat-diets-CAUSE-weight-gain.html interesting!! I think wheat might be my culprit... I might try reintroducing some green days with only potatoes and beans etc and see if I still get losses.
My main original cause of weight gain as a kid was overeating a lot of pasta after my parents' divorce, I think pasta is a no-go for me but would be nice to know if other Green foods could be doable!

Bev - Sounds like you had an amazing time. How was Busch Gardens? If I remember rightly the rides looked amazing, a lot more thrilling than the Disney ones!

How are you finding getting back into SW this week?

Sophie - Yeah I'm pretty pleased to say it's a gain TBH, could have been so much worse. Really hope it's gone by next week, would be an ideal week to pull a big number so fingers crossed! Need to get those red days in!

BTW I completely misread your post originally as "my Mum mentioned maybe I was a glutton!!" when I re-read I couldn't stop laughing, shows how bloody tired I am from all this uni reading today, I dread to think what state my notes are in! That article looks really interesting, I tend to feel really crap after lots of bread, especially white. I never really noticed it before I started SW though but I bet it's just because I wasn't really paying attention to how my body felt, as long as it was full! :rolleyes:

When I get closer to target if my losses slow down I think I'll have to really cut out the carbs, but for now if I can get away with it I'm happy!

--

Week 11, Day 6 - EE

Breakfast - 2 x hi-fi bars - hexb
Lunch - 2 x slices wm nimble bread with lean bacon and egg - 5 syns
Snack - banana
Tea - Lloyd grossman putanasca sauce and pasta with tomatoes - 5.5 syns
Muller

Total
- 10.5 syns

The Busch Gardens rides were great!! I had been to Florida before but never to Busch Gardens so it was nice to try somewhere new.

I'm a bit up and down with SW at the moment. Thursday, Friday and Saturday were okay but I was out for lunch today and there weren't many SW friendly options for me so I've gone a bit over for today. New week tomorrow though so I'm hoping it'll be a fresh start for me on the plan.

It sounds like you're getting back in the zone - it certainly isn't easy is it! x

Glutton LOL! I misread stuff like that all the time :p
I think I was a bit hyper and overtired when I wrote that last post :p haha!

Veggiebev- am so jelly reading your Florida stuff :D I went in the summer and miss it so much!! At the time it was an exhausting, exciting blur and with 2 weeks of passes to all the parks we took it for granted, so manic and busy! But now I'm back I'm like "wish we had pushed to make toom for Bush Gardens and another trip to Universal..." was sooo good!

Veggiebev- am so jelly reading your Florida stuff :D I went in the summer and miss it so much!! At the time it was an exhausting, exciting blur and with 2 weeks of passes to all the parks we took it for granted, so manic and busy! But now I'm back I'm like "wish we had pushed to make toom for Bush Gardens and another trip to Universal..." was sooo good!

I know I love it too. That was my second trip so we were a bit more organised with what we wanted to do and our expectations of what we would actually manage to do in each park. We did one day at Universal and one day at Islands of Adventure then toward the end of the trip we went back and spent a half day in each of the parks to cover the things we'd missed. The only one thing I wish we'd done differently is Disney. We only wanted to really do the Universal parks but the little ones wanted to see Disney as they'd never been before so we bought just a one day ticket for Magic Kingdom. That is nowhere near long enough though and we hardly did any of the rides. We ended up splitting into little groups to make sure everyone got at least a few of the rides/shows that they wanted. My sister went for three weeks last year and I can totally understand why, two weeks just isn't long enough to do everything there.

You look amazing in your pics by the way, well done on your losses.

Sorry for hijacking your diary CT!! x

Don't apologise Bev, I love reading all the banter between everyone and when I saw Soph's timeline pics I just thought - WOW! Incredible! Definitely a motivation booster, she looks like a different person!

As for getting back into the zone, it's much harder than you think isn't it?! I was prepared for it though as previously when I've dieted as soon as I go off plan I never come back, so I was really worried about Lanzarote and how I'd cope after. Thankfully being able to eat lots of potato and pasta in the first few days really helped, then I just started upping the superfree and reducing the pasta and I'm back on track after about a week. Keep at it hun and I'm sure you'll get there!

I went for 2 weeks to Florida too and there was definitely loads more to do, it's so tiring though that I ended up coming back and feeling like I needed a holiday to get over it!

--

Well another Monday out of the way with. Just got in from work and thought I'd get my diary updated before I hit the books. The job is going well so far but still just in training. It's pretty much your bog standard call centre set up really, very dull but with nice people and I'm only working 2 full days and 2 half days. Once I'm out of this full time training (9 more days) I'll have lots more time for exercise and study etc, I honestly can't wait!

Having a very low calorie red day today with salad for lunch and salad for tea! :eek: I'm 6lbs away from my SW 2 stone award and I'd love to get it in the next couple of weeks. I don't know how achievable that is, but after a week away I'm hoping for a decent loss this week so we'll see.

Week 11, Day 7 - Red

Breakfast - 2 x Hi-fi Bars (hexb)
Snack - Grapes and apple
Lunch - Feta (hexa) salad with onion, tomato, olives (1.5 syns) and lettuce with low fat dressing - 1.5 syns
Snack - Banana and 2 x mini babybels (hexa)
Tea - Morrison's salad bar with Tuna mayo pasta (6 syns), beetroot, sweetcorn, carrot, cucumber, oriental 'slaw and lettuce - 6 syns
Supper - Mullerlight

Total - 7.5 syns

Just worked out the calories and its around 1200 for the day, so a seriously low red day! Feeling quite saintly and looking forward to my salad! :)

Well done on your seriously low cal red day!! That'll definitely give you a weight loss boost :D
Proud of you for getting back on plan so well!! If you didnt I'd be poking you on fb until I could drag you back hehe.

3 weeks in disney would be waaay too much- was shattered after 2! We only had like two break days, most days were 8-12hrs of parks... Magic Kingdom took a day and a half really to cover all the best rides as we used the fast passes wisely, but we went 3 or 4 times for a couple ofnhalf days and watched the parade etc- spent ages having lunch in belle's castle which was SO LOVELY. MISS FLORIDA SO MUCH :,)

Last edited:
Thanks hun, I seem to be doing really well this week! Had another good day today! :cool:

Just got in as went round to see my mum and dad after work and then to see friends. They had a Burger Kind and I resisted completely, to be fair getting this 2lbs off is much more important to me than a greasy burger so I found it quite easy. Still a nice nsv though. Loving SW at the moment and really enjoying my meals!

Realised I can't make WI next week as training 9-5 in the week and on Sat I've got a OU tutorial at Lincoln uni before going out for the day. There's no way I'm going to an evening group to get all demoralised so I'm putting a weeks holiday in. So I'll be weighing in this Sat and then not 'till the week after, in reality it'll only be 9 or 10 days between WI's as I start my normal shifts that week so can go the Tue or Wed after. Determined to get my 2 stone award by then!
--
Week 12, Day 1 - Red

Breakfast - cereal bar - 5 syns
Snack - apple and grapes
Lunch - feta salad (as yesterday) - hexa + 2 syns
Tea -4 x fish fingers (8 syns), wb bread (hexb) and baked beans (hexb)
muller

Total syns

High syn day but pretty low cal - probably around 1200 again! Tomorrow I'll be making up for it with a scrummy pasta bake for tea, so aiming for an EE day with a red day lunch if you know what I mean.

Wow, it sounds like you are really in the zone. Reading your diary will hopefully give me the inspiration I need to have a good week next week. Not a bad result on the scales (½lb off) but I know my heart hasn't really been in it this last week. Next week will definitely be better - I'm determined!!

Hopefully missing WI this week will mean you'll get a great result on the scales next week.

Thanks hun, I seem to be doing really well this week! Had another good day today! :cool:

Just got in as went round to see my mum and dad after work and then to see friends. They had a Burger Kind and I resisted completely, to be fair getting this 2lbs off is much more important to me than a greasy burger so I found it quite easy. Still a nice nsv though. Loving SW at the moment and really enjoying my meals!

Realised I can't make WI next week as training 9-5 in the week and on Sat I've got a OU tutorial at Lincoln uni before going out for the day. There's no way I'm going to an evening group to get all demoralised so I'm putting a weeks holiday in. So I'll be weighing in this Sat and then not 'till the week after, in reality it'll only be 9 or 10 days between WI's as I start my normal shifts that week so can go the Tue or Wed after. Determined to get my 2 stone award by then!
--
Week 12, Day 1 - Red

Breakfast - cereal bar - 5 syns
Snack - apple and grapes
Lunch - feta salad (as yesterday) - hexa + 2 syns
Tea -4 x fish fingers (8 syns), wb bread (hexb) and baked beans (hexb)
muller

Total syns

High syn day but pretty low cal - probably around 1200 again! Tomorrow I'll be making up for it with a scrummy pasta bake for tea, so aiming for an EE day with a red day lunch if you know what I mean.

I do indeed know what you mean.... so good to see you getting back in the groove :D

Great job for still sticking to plan resisting a burger! Oohh god, I haven't had a burger in ages, so yummy. But afterwards they're not really worth it.

So you're not weighing in at all this week, or do you mean next week? I'm confused, haha.

Thought I'd let you know I lost 1lb this week at last nights WI, chuffed with myself :) )

Can't wait for your results at your next WI!

Back