From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Ugh, what a day! I've actually had such a bad day I don't feel able to even write about it or I might start blubbing again, so I'll give you the abridged version - I had a panic attack at work and was sent home. That doesn't really convey how horrible or scary it actually was, my chest was killing and I just felt like I couldn't breathe. It's completely caused by stress and being over worked. There's no way I should have taken on a job at 27 hours a week (and an hour driving each way, so 35hrs which is practically full time) when I've got such a huge uni course to get through and interviews for radiography to prepare for. I realised after my panic attack that I haven't had a single full day off resting since I got the job, I've just been constantly doing uni work and worrying about how little time I have to get things done. No wonder things got so bad. I'm going to stick at it for now but it's given me the push I need to stop being daft and look for a job on 15-20 hours a week.

Food wise had a decent day at least...

Week 14, Day 7 - EE
Breakfast - Special k chewy delight bars
Lunch - Morrisons salad - tuna sweetcorn and mayo (2 syns), beetroot, carrot, cucumber, tomatoes, coleslaw (tiny bit so 2 syns) - 4 syns
Snack - Curlywurly - 6 syns
Tea - Slow cooker casserole - chicken, onion, swede, carrot, peas, mushrooms, mash, gravy (2 syns), yorkshire pud mini (3 syns) - 5 syns
Muller
Total - 15 syns

hugs honey... :bighug:

Just noticed I've missed some posts from the weekend! Sorry guys, I don't mean to be ignorant, don't know how I missed them!

Princess - Well the weekend was all work and no play I'm afraid - study, study and more study! It'll all be worth it in the end though. I just need to get a bit more of a workable schedule so I actually get the life part of the work-life balance again! Thanks for the hugs too, much appreciated after today!

Scooter
- I wasn't sure what a 1959 Lambretta was but after a quick google I can see it's a very classy looking retro scooter. Hope you're having fun with your new toy!

Mrs ginger - Glad to hear its going well hunny, how was the meal? Hope you enjoyed yourself, I know it can be hard to let go the first few times.

My meal was lovely :) I ate far too much, drank too much wine, was sick before I went to bed also :( haha! I've not had a drink since my wedding though so I don't feel too bad about it. I'd still lost weight at weigh in too - I'm now in the 16 stones bracket and have lost a stone and a half since i started 6 weeks ago yay! :eek:

Well I've got some amazing news. As I was still feeling panicky and stressed last night Chris persuaded me to go to the docs today, he thinks I need some time off to relax and considering how I've been feeling lately I'm inclined to agree with him. Anyway I called the docs when they opened and the only appointment they had was for 1.30pm, so I decided to go to my old Tuesday SW group this morning!

Had such a lovely time catching up with everyone again, it's been great to see how people have been getting on and to have a good chat. Well, I only needed 0.5lbs to get my 2 stone award and after 6 days I wasn't expecting miracles, but I got one! 5.5lbs off - my best loss EVER!!

I was absolutely speechless when the number came up on the scale - so this week I've got my 2 stone award, club 10 and SOTW!! I feel absolutely on cloud nine. It was exactly what I needed after how horrible I've been feeling the last few days, I'm sure in a way the stress has contributed to the weight loss, but I don't care I'll take it as long as it stays off! It means I've achieved my weight loss goal of 2st 3lbs for Prague. Plus if I lose 2lb more next week I'll get my 2.5 stone award before I go, which will be great if I can manage it, but to be honest I'd be happy with even a small loss next week after such a biggie!

Looking back at my food over the past week I seem to have had 2 fairly high calorie days where I had carvery and Chinese (but good the rest of the day), then the other days the time I've been really good and bang on plan with salads for lunch and dinner.

I bloody love Slimming World - Chinese and a carvery and I lost 5.5lbs!!

Last edited:
OMG, I've just realised I'm 299lbs, under 300lbs for the first time in over 5 years!! Only 3lbs away from my half century too, WOW, it feels like all these mini goals are being smashed all at once thanks to that big loss!

Right, throwing a jacket potato in the oven (seriously craving carbs!) and then off to the docs in an hour. Not looking forward to it as there's no way I feel like I need tablets or anything, but then the way I've been acting lately and getting so stressed out you never know. On the job front I had an email from Sainsburys about a telephone interview for a store role working 15 hours a week. It would be perfect as it's only 6am-11am 3 mornings a week, giving me plenty of time for uni interviews and study. Plus it's only down the road so no more travelling 2 hours every working day!

Mrs Ginger - Sounds like you're doing fab, congrats on your loss so far, you must be feeling so much better! I haven't drunk in ages apart from the hols so think I'll be suffering a bit when it comes to Christmas with all that booze flowing around!

And you've done it again! :D Bloody smashed it!

Majorly buzzing here for you Bev! I had no doubts whatsoever that you wouldn't hit your mini goals either. Bet you feel like a different person now eh? Will you not have to buy new clothes for Prague?

The Sainsbury's job sound ideal too, fingers crossed for you. Everything seems to be great so far, hope the doctors goes OK for you later. Keeps us updated.

You're absolutely amazing, keep it up girl.

Thanks hun, still can't believe it, I was physically shaking in group when I saw the number on the scale, it just didn't quite register! If I carry on at this rate I'll be out of the 21's in a couple of weeks, determined not to indulge too much on holiday now, I just want to be under 20 stone so bad!

I probably could do with some new clothes, I bought a new dress around half a stone ago which still fits nice, but a lot of my other stuff is starting to look seriously baggy. I really don't want to go buying loads of clothes though when they'll be too big in a few months. I'm glad its winter and I can wear lots of snuggly jumpers and things, by Spring a serious wardrobe update will be needed! Bit worried about what I'll wear to interview as I don't want my smart clothes to hang off me. If they do though I'll have to invest in some new ones, don't want to look like I've borrowed a suit or summat!

Congrats on the 5 stone, you're doing bloody amazing! Have you treated yourself to a new wardrobe yet? Bet it feels amazing not to be 'obese' anymore! What have the reactions been like from family and friends? Tell me EVERYTHING, I need to live vicariously through your skinniness, lol! xx

Aww bless, that skinny girl inside of you was obviously jumping up and down causing you to shake.. Haha!

There are technically 5 more WI's before Christmas so from your track record you can defo be in the 21's for Christmas day - Are you starting your swimming again now? (I'm starting tonight at 7pm after my WI. Totally determind to tone my wobbly bits up and I'm in that zone where I want it NOW!) How many lengths do you do, so I can set myself a mini target? I'm so unfit like, I'll probably have to be dragged out of the pool wtih a bright red tomato face because I won't have any energy left to climb the ladders :)

By Spring you'll be wasting away! Buy some new clothes in the boxing day/January sales, might aswell get them cheap. As for an interview outfit, can you not go somewhere like George @ Asda or Matalan for something cheap?

I've treated myself to a few new winter things, yeah. New jumpers mostly. I generally live in leggings so they're always going to 'fit' as I'm still not at that point where I feel comfortable in jeans. I honestly cannot remember the last time I wore jeans :rolleyes: My family and friends are generally proud of my weight loss, which is superb! They've all known that I was a SW slimmer since the start, but they always comment on how different I look it's always a nice boost.

Have you got any recent before & after pics that you post?

Em - Haha, sounds so like me! I pretty much live in leggings too, the one thing that's guaranteed to fit!

I need to start swimming again this week, the doctor basically told me to chill the hell out, get an extension on my coursework (she even wrote me a note!) and take 2 weeks off, so for once I actually have a bit of free time. Determined to get some swimming in this week, just looked and there's a lunch time session between 12 and 1.30pm tomorrow. As long as I get up early and get some work done in the morning it'd be nice to have a bit of a break. Must remember to shave my legs tonight! :D

Good on ya for going swimming, let me know how ya get on. For starting out just try and aim for something realistic like 20 lengths. I think swimming varies so much between person to person, I'm really rubbish at running and stuff but I've swum over 100 lengths before, it's the only sport I'm anywhere near good at. Some of my fitter normal BMI friends struggle to do 20 lengths though, so just set something realistic for you. Tomorrow because I've had a break I'm going to aim for 40 and any more is just a nice bonus! Ooh and a word of warning, it might slow down your weight loss at first. I generally find I lose more on non-exercise weeks, but from what I've read it's more due to water retention than gaining muscle.

Yeah I think George will be a good bet for something cheap but decent. Sales is a good idea too, although as I'm around a 24 trousers and 18 top I'd probably need to go to the Evans sale or Dotty P's! Can't wait 'till I don't have to shop at 'fat' shops any more, not that DP is a 'fat' shop really but at least they do some plus sizes.

I need to take some more after pics, getting a new hair do this weekend so I'll try and get some done after. It must be noticeable now as over the last week I've had comments from Chris's friend and the ladies at group about how much better I look. Feels so nice that its noticeable at last, took nearly 3 stone for me to really feel significantly smaller!

Can't believe you've got 2 stone left to lose, you look great in your profile pic! Bet you can't wait to get to target now! Glad your family are being nice and supportive, mine are too which is great and really helps. I feel so sorry for the people on here who have jealous family members and whatnot, I wouldn't have done half as well if it wasn't for Chris helping me stick to things! x

Rea - Bless ya! Thank you, I'm incredibly proud and quite frankly amazed. Really didn't expect a 5.5lb loss this week, it makes up for all those weeks where I've had lower numbers and been a bit grumbly. I'll know not to complain now as something amazing could be just around the corner! x

Incredible!!! 5.5 :D wowww!
I swear I have had my bestmlosses when expecting nothing from pigging out! How bizzarre eh??
Really awesome stuff Bev :D
When I started I was a size 18 top (at a squeeze! More like 20!) and 24-26 bum and used to get some nice dresses and tops from New Look- so much cheaper than Evans too and they usually have a sale rack going on.
X

Soph - In total agreement on that one, I always get my best losses when I don't expect/deserve them, then when I bust my ass all week trying to get a big number I come out with a 2! Reckon there's something in the fact that having a couple of meals out and higher calorie days boosts the metabolism a bit though. I guess that's pretty much the basis for the 5:2 diet. At least I won't feel guilty any more about going to the carvery, based on the last couple of weeks it seems to have magical weight loss properties, lol :D xx

JMA - Thanks matey, I was due for a big 'un but never thought I had a 5.5lber in me! Good luck tomorrow, I'll come and check up on how you do!

Gilljo - Thanks hunny. Just looking at your stats and you're doing amazing! Do you have a diary on here? x

--
Well today has been absolutely fabulous with a 5.5lbs loss and interview invite from Sainsburys for a part time job. Best of all when I checked my emails tonight I found I'd got an interview at my first choice uni Sheffield Hallam! Feeling completely wonderful at the moment, just what I needed after all the stress of the last few weeks. Plus I had the whole day off chilling, it was heaven. Tomorrow I'm back on the coursework wagon but I feel really refreshed and ready to do it. I just keep thinking that there's only 10 months to go now 'till I'll hopefully be at uni and studying for my dream job, determined not to waste a moment.

On the subject of weight loss I just worked out that my average weekly loss is 2.3lbs, not bad at all considering the holiday. If I can keep that up I'll be one happy bunny as it equates to 8.5 stone over a year - wow! :eek:

Week 15, Day 1 - EE
Breakfast - Special K chewy delight bar (hexb)
2 x clementines
Lunch - Jacket potato and cheese (hexa) with baked beans
Tea - Steak with new potato, onions, mushrooms and peas - 3 syns for any oil as I wasn't cooking
Shape - 1 syn
Total - 4 syns

Gilljo - Will have a look for your diary later and subscribe, looks like you've had some amazing losses, I need to see how you've managed a 7lb loss 'cos that's bloody amazing! x

--
Woke up this morning feeling practically skinny, comparatively so anyway! I know I'm 21 stone still but it's amazing how much of a difference losing 3st 5lbs has made to my health, attitude and the way I feel about myself. I can't believe I've got at least 9 stone 5lbs left to lose, I honestly can't imagine in my wildest dreams what I'm going to look like by then.

Feeling in a very lazy mood today, it seems like once I've stopped being super busy for a day or so I get too relaxed! Need to get some study done today so I'm off to throw a jacket potato in the oven, have a shower to wake me up and then I'm hitting the books 'till Chris finishes work. It's my pay day today so we're off shopping later, mainly for food but hope I can find some decent boots too for Prague, my current ones leave me with soggy feet after about 10 minutes in the rain!

Just had the most amazing jacket potato EVER! I cooked it the Delia Smith way which involves pricking it through (as I normally do), coating it in oil (well, frylight for me) and then putting sea salt on the outside. 2 hours in the oven and it was total beaut with my hexa of cheese and tuna, mayo and sweetcorn! Makes a lovely break from studying that's for sure!

Had some more good news this morning as I've got another interview for Radiography at Bradford Uni in Jan, that means I've heard back from all my 5 uni's now and got interviews - lucky me! I've accepted interviews at all bar Birmingham, which really is too far and I was daft for applying in the first place. Was gonna use it as a 'practice' run as it's this week, but it doesn't really seem fair when someone else could have a shot.

Anyway back to work for the next 3 hours or so before heading out to pick Chris up from work and hit the ASDA. Incidentally I just got an email through from them telling me they weren't taking my part time job application any further, it's amazing how I can get interviews at some of the top unis in the country for radiography but ASDA tell me to bog off! :D

So glad to hear you all happy! I love that sense of accomplishment- it's so motivating huh?!
Totally agree about the metabolism thing... Though I think it has a lot to do with our cycle too and there is a sweet spot between periods or something. The week I got my -5 I had done a stuff-myself-silly unlimited sushi day AND had drunk about two bottles of wine at a party! Insane loss... Though the next time I did something similar it wasnt quite the same LOL.
I think this is also why on weeks we have been really good we get disappointed- water levels etc!

Massive congrats on your interviews! Screw asda, they are scum anyway, part of walmart who make workers from 3rd world countries work for pence etc (apparently) x

Soph - I know, I seriously doubt I'll ever see a 5 again, but then if you can manage it at virtual skinny minniness then there's hope for me yet!

I really do think the weekly fluctuations we have are down to water weight a lot of the time, after all most of our body is made up of the stuff. I'm not going to moan any more about slow loss weeks (well, in theory anyway!) as long as I'm staying on plan and steadily losing. Like you say though it's so annoying when we're super good and pull a 2 when we can have relatively 'bad' weeks and get 4's and 5's! I just need to stop being neurotic and over-analysing it!

Agreed, sod ASDA! Tbh at the minute I'm thinking about just going back to my freelance writing work. I just got sick to the back teeth of being stuck in the house all the time and the thought of staring at a computer screen at home for uni AND work seems too much. I was thinking about it the other day and I've got 10 months 'till uni to earn a bit of money to live on and do my course. There's so much cool stuff I could be doing. If I was skinny I'd definitely apply to be an air hostess for a 'season', that'd be an amazing experience, but due to my weight I'd never even pass the initial screening. It feels horrible to think my weight is holding me back from stuff, before I'd never even consider doing something like that but now I'm eating like a thin person and feeling like a thin person, I sometimes forget I'm still fat. Sounds daft but I guess compared to what I'm used to I'm a world away, but in the real world I'm still morbidly obese - ugh, hate that term!

Anyway kinda went off on a tangent there! I can't seem to concentrate on my course today, or anything for that matter, just keep getting distracted by Mini's and looking at these really cool uni electives in Tanzania and Argentina :rolleyes:

---

Decided to take some more progress pics today, I've been meaning to for a bit and after Em asking yesterday I thought I'd go for it.. I've put the old ones up for comparisons sake too. Decided to be brave and take this one in my leggings 'cos my bottom half is pretty much where 80% of my weight is. The top I'm wearing btw hasn't fit for YEARS, it's a 16 too, though clearly a baggy sixteen or I'd never in a million years get into it! Going to aim to take a picture in each stone zone from now on so when I've finished I can make a nice little collage to stick on the fridge! :D

Pic 1 - 24st 10lbs - Feb
Pic 2 - 22st 7.5lbs - 18th Sept - 2 stone 2.5lbs lost
Pic 3 - 21st 5lbs - 20th Nov - 3 stone 5lbs lost

fatbev.JPGprogresssofar.png2st5progress.jpg

Last edited:
Back