From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Aww thanks for the kind comments guys. Lovely to have all your support and encouragement. I just look at that first picture now and can't believe I ever let myself get that big! The craziest part is that I'm only a quarter of the way to my goal, I can't even imagine where I'll be at in 6 months or a years time. Really enjoying the journey so far, it's amazing what a difference a stone makes when you see it in the pics.

--

Week 15, Day 2 - EE
Breakfast - Special K chewy delight (hexb)
Lunch - Jacket potato with cheese (hexa), tuna, light mayo (3 syns) and sweetcorn
Tea - 2 x slices of ASDA pizza with chicken, sweetcorn, onion and pineapple - 6 syns for base, 6 syns for cheese - 12 syns
Total - 15 syns

I used to live off the create your own ASDA pizza before losing weight. Seriously I must have had it at least twice a week. To be fair they are absolutely yummy but I'd eat half of the large one to myself and Chris would have the other half. Considering they are meant to serve four it's no wonder I got so big, usually it'd be followed by dessert or sweets too - ugh!

It's the first time in 15 weeks that I've had pizza (except holiday) as it really is my weakness. I honestly could quite happily eat it 'till it comes out of my ears! Anyway, I figured it was time to let me enjoy one of my old treats, just in moderation this time. Chris served me up a plate of 3 slices (just over a quarter) and guess what? After eating two slices I didn't feel hungry any more, so I LEFT ONE!! Now to any normal person that isn't a big deal, but it's unheard of for me to leave pizza! Felt so good about myself too because I'd genuinely had enough and really enjoyed it. Okay even 2 slices was pretty synful, but I still managed to end the day on 15 syns, so still on plan - result!

Got lots of nice goodies at ASDA tonight. Couldn't find any boots but picked up a lovely hat and gloves for Prague. Quite excited though as it's snowing in Sheffield at the minute so I might be test driving it sooner than I thought. I love snowy days, it's great when you don't have to go out anywhere. I can just enjoy it at home while I'm a coursework hermit. If it settles Chris will probably get the day off too which 'll be nice for him.

Determined to make a major dint in the coursework tomorrow, need to stay away from the bloody internet and all the wonderful distractions it brings!

Having a look back at my diary over the last couple of days and I've been seriously hammering the carbs what with all these jacket potatoes. I really want a red day to break things up a bit. Might nip to the shops for one of my Morrisons salads if the weather improves, but I hate driving in snow and live on a steep hill. If it's still crappy I can always make a nice omelette or have some tinned soup for lunch.

Anyway my bed is calling, long day of coursework tomorrow but I'm feeling a lot less stressed now and happier about things. Night night guys, sweet dreams! xx

What a difference in the pics, u defo do jot look ur weight in ur recent pic if that makes any sense, lol xx

I've been thinking this myself so glad someone mentioned it. Obviously I look as if I have lots to lose, but I'd have never thought I was nearly 21.5 stone if I didn't know if that makes sense! I guess it's the height thing as I'm 5ft9. I remember when I saw pics from Sophie on here at about 15/16 stone (shes taller than me) and you'd honestly think she was like 11 stone or something if you didn't know differently! I'm hoping I'm like that because it'd mean I'd get the benefits of pretty clothes and things much sooner than I'd expect. Time will tell anyways! xx

I agree- you dont look 20st at all! I remember seeing people on here who were 11st and looked as big as me, but they were lile 5'2 or something! It just goes to show, the number isnt everything. We et so focused on the weight but who does that matter to unless it is someone lifting you? How we look and feel and measurements are way more important. Plenty of people fit size 18 tops at 12st!
Your waist looks so small in the last pic!! You have suh a nice shape- similar pear shape to me but with nice boobs to balance it out, lol!! So very feminine :)
I totally know what you mean though, at 15st I felt pretty slim! We are surrounded by people talking about being 9st etc but height makes such a huge difference!
You look fantasic :) I know it is insane to think about how much is to go but break it down a bit... My first goal was size 16 dress size as that to me sybolised a 'normal' size- you'll be there in a few months if you keep this up! Then Chris wont be able to keep you out of the clothes shops hehe. X

Aww thanks hun for the lovely comments, I think I need to start taking side pics in future as on these you can't see my big arse, lol! Size 16 dresses will be a dream come true for me. As most of my weight is on my bottom half its hard to find ones that look decent as I need 2 or 3 sizes larger on the bottom to the top. Hopefully it'll become less pronounced though as I lose weight but even my Mum (who weighs around 10.5st at 5ft5) wears size 12 bottoms and size 8/10 tops. Not that I'll be complaining about the pearshapedness though, I'd kill to have a Marilyn figure at target - a girl can dream!

For a long time I had a seriously skewed idea about what weight I should be, mainly in part due to the fact I'm pretty tall and the majority of women are nowhere near my height. I honestly thought 9 or 10 stone would be an achievable target for me at 5 ft 9! Now don't get me wrong, my ideal BMI ranges from 9st 9lbs to 12st, so that's not too crazy, but in the past I thought that 12 stone is still 'big', probably because for some shorter ladies it might even be a starting weight. Looking at pics of taller peeps like you I'm becoming more and more sceptical of BMI, there's no way in a million years you should ever be classed as 'overweight', it's ridiculous! No-one in their right mind would say you medically needed to lose more for your health, but then again maybe my perceptions of what a healthy body looks like are all skewed up because pretty much everyone is classed as overweight. It's a bit like chicken and the egg, is the BMI 'wrong' for taller peeps or do I we just not know what a normal size looks like?! At the minute I can't even imagine what I'd look like at 12 stone, never mind going any further beyond that.

---

Anyway rant about BMI over! Feeling quite pleased with myself today as I've finished the maths component of the coursework, which is the bit I was dreading the most. Actually for once I'm ahead of schedule so going to motor on this afternoon while I'm in the zone, first though I'm off for a hot shower and to make some lunch.

Determined to have a red day today even though I'm lusting after carbs again. Chris wants to make a pasta bake and bubble and squeak at the weekend so need to fit a red day in now while I get the chance. Quite fancying fish for tea so going to pop out later for some Birds Eye cod in parsley sauce - just checked and only 3 syns a packet on red days - will be nice with a bit of steamed veg and maybe some potato if I can save a hexb.

Off to make an omelette now, have a good afternoon guys! xx

Grr, how come my omelettes never taste half as nice as Chris's?! Really didn't enjoy lunch much but while I was eating my cheese omelette I realised I'd forgot to season it, which probably explains why it was fairly bland. Anyway I'm updating my food diary for the rest of the day now as doubt I'll get on later, as always I'll amend later but got it pretty much all planned out.

Week 15, Day 3 - Red
Breakfast - Special K chewy delight (hexb) and some grapes
Lunch - 2 egg omelette with 2 mini babybel (hexa)
Snack - 2 x kiwi's and a muller
Tea - Cod in parsley sauce (3 syns), steamed peas, carrots and sweetcorn with 1/4 a pot of swede/potato mash (2 syns)
Supper - Special K chewy delight bar (hexb)

Total - 5 syns

Turns out I can't use the potato as a hexb as have to keep the skins on for the fibre content, never mind though. At least I've got a hexa and hexb for supper if I'm still peckish. Also depending on the size of the cod in parsley and how hungry I am I might have two (only 100 cals each anyway so you get an idea of the size!), got more than enough syns left so just going to see what I fancy.

Incidentally I just worked out the calories for today's food and it's around 940, which sounds ridiculously low! Having said that I had a lot more yesterday what with that pizza so not going to worry about it, if I'm hungry I'll eat more, simples!

Right time sign off and get ready to go out to the shops again. Noticed some mould on the wall near the windowsill yesterday, so off to get some products to clean that up. It's hidden by the curtain so never saw it before, no wonder Chris's asthma has been worse lately. At least the snow is all gone and nothing laid on the roads. I live in a very hilly part of Sheffield so I imagine when the snow does come it'll be a nightmare as the road is literally like a car toboggan run... not exaggerating either, this was the road outside our house in feb..

brrr.jpg

Last edited:
Glad the stress is easing off for you xx

Princess - Thanks hunny. I'm feeling a lot better at the minute even though I'm still working long hours to finish this coursework. I honestly just took way too much on work wise, without thinking how much I had to do for my course and all the preparation time I'd need for uni interviews and assessment days. Never mind though, on the mend now!

--

After my super low calorie day yesterday I'm loosening the reins a bit today and I'll be using up some of those banked syns. It's going to be a busy one as I want to get the next section of the coursework all finished for six when Chris gets in from work, then we're heading out to the carvery (yey!) and to see Don Jon at the cinema.

Couldn't seem to get off to sleep last night, sounds daft but I had all these thoughts of weight loss running through my head!! Kept trying to think how much I'd lose by certain times and trying to figure out when I'd get to target. Pretty daft really as I ALLLWAYS underestimate how long it takes me to lose the pounds, so trying to figure out my target date when I'm at least 9.5 stone off is a bit daft! Not one to shy away from being daft I still worked it out! Going on my current rate of loss - 2.3lbs a week - it'll take 56 weeks to get to a healthy BMI, just in time for next Christmas! I'm taking it with a pinch of salt but if I can get to a healthy BMI by the end of next year it'd be absolutely amazing! I think that's going to be my big 2014 goal and then once I'm at the top of the ideal weight range I can see if I want to lose any more based on clothes size etc.

Speaking of clothes size I've never been below a size 16 in my life, after school at 17 I got so sick of teasing about my weight that I pretty much starved myself and did lots of exercise to go from being a size 22 to a 16. I only stayed at a 16 for about 6 months before the weight piled back on (and more) as I hadn't changed my unhealthy eating habits and went straight back to eating rubbish. But anyway, the point of telling you all this is that I found a picture of skinny Bev! Well, when I say skinny, I was around 15 stone and a size 16 so hardly Kate Mossness. Also excuse the horrible hair, complexion, glasses and most of all my ex-fiance, at 18 we all make mistakes! ;) That's seriously the only pic of me as a sortof skinnie minnie I could find.

thinme.jpg

It's kind of encouraging in a way that when I get down to 15 stone again I know I'll be able to get into size 16's. Knowing that I've got another 6 stone to go before being relatively slim seems a whole world away from 9.5 stone!

Anyway time for me to carry on with the delights of Biology. Had a gorgeous breakfast of a chicken, cheese (hexa) and tomato bagel with a tbsp light mayo (12 syns!) - haven't had a bagel in ages so was totally worth it. Will definitely be over my 15 syns today but after carrying 10 over from yesterday I'm not too worried. Lunch will be yoghurt and fruit and then tonight I can hit the carvery and 'spend' my remaining 13 syns! ;)

Have a good day peeps xx

Princess - Thanks hunny. I'm feeling a lot better at the minute even though I'm still working long hours to finish this coursework. I honestly just took way too much on work wise, without thinking how much I had to do for my course and all the preparation time I'd need for uni interviews and assessment days. Never mind though, on the mend now!

--

After my super low calorie day yesterday I'm loosening the reins a bit today and I'll be using up some of those banked syns. It's going to be a busy one as I want to get the next section of the coursework all finished for six when Chris gets in from work, then we're heading out to the carvery (yey!) and to see Don Jon at the cinema.

Couldn't seem to get off to sleep last night, sounds daft but I had all these thoughts of weight loss running through my head!! Kept trying to think how much I'd lose by certain times and trying to figure out when I'd get to target. Pretty daft really as I ALLLWAYS underestimate how long it takes me to lose the pounds, so trying to figure out my target date when I'm at least 9.5 stone off is a bit daft! Not one to shy away from being daft I still worked it out! Going on my current rate of loss - 2.3lbs a week - it'll take 56 weeks to get to a healthy BMI, just in time for next Christmas! I'm taking it with a pinch of salt but if I can get to a healthy BMI by the end of next year it'd be absolutely amazing! I think that's going to be my big 2014 goal and then once I'm at the top of the ideal weight range I can see if I want to lose any more based on clothes size etc.

Speaking of clothes size I've never been below a size 16 in my life, after school at 17 I got so sick of teasing about my weight that I pretty much starved myself and did lots of exercise to go from being a size 22 to a 16. I only stayed at a 16 for about 6 months before the weight piled back on (and more) as I hadn't changed my unhealthy eating habits and went straight back to eating rubbish. But anyway, the point of telling you all this is that I found a picture of skinny Bev! Well, when I say skinny, I was around 15 stone and a size 16 so hardly Kate Mossness. Also excuse the horrible hair, complexion, glasses and most of all my ex-fiance, at 18 we all make mistakes! ;) That's seriously the only pic of me as a sortof skinnie minnie I could find.

View attachment 114594

It's kind of encouraging in a way that when I get down to 15 stone again I know I'll be able to get into size 16's. Knowing that I've got another 6 stone to go before being relatively slim seems a whole world away from 9.5 stone!

Anyway time for me to carry on with the delights of Biology. Had a gorgeous breakfast of a chicken, cheese (hexa) and tomato bagel with a tbsp light mayo (12 syns!) - haven't had a bagel in ages so was totally worth it. Will definitely be over my 15 syns today but after carrying 10 over from yesterday I'm not too worried. Lunch will be yoghurt and fruit and then tonight I can hit the carvery and 'spend' my remaining 13 syns! ;)

Have a good day peeps xx

strange how you manage to look younger now xx

Haha, thanks hun, I look back at that pic and just think I look like a really plain jane. I honestly hate the hair, glasses, make up (or lack of!) and even the fashion sense of teaming a brown skirt with a black top - oh the follies of youth! x

Wow! Just popping in to subscribe. What a difference in the three photos you posted! And I agree you look younger now than your 18-yr-old self!

I'm with you on the BMI rant. I haven't been in my healthy BMI range for the best part of a decade. I also wondered if it was just because my perception of a healthy body was skewed having never been a slimster, but when I tell people I have to lose another stone to get into my healthy BMI range they're always shocked - and I could in theory lose the best part of 3 stone to get to the bottom end of it but I think I'd look really, really ill.

Lyrically - Completely agree. The bottom of my BMI range is 9st 9lbs, that's 5.5 stone LESS than I weighed in that 18 year old pic. I imagine I'd seriously look anorexic at that weight. Having said that BMI is pretty much the universally accepted standard by medical people for a healthy weight, unless you're super muscle-bound or something, so I'm kinda trying to accept that my perceptions of a 'normal' weight and reality are a fair bit out!

--
Just having my lunch break from coursework at the minute, should hopefully manage to get finished what I need to in time for tonight. It'll be so nice to go out for a meal and cinema, feel like I've been like a hermit over this last week except for a few runs to the supermarket!

I'll update my food for the day now and can do any changes later, but should be pretty much spot on..

Week 15, Day 4 - EE
Breakfast - Bagel (11.5 syns) with cheese (hexa), turkey, tomato and superlight mayo (1 syn) - 12.5 syns
Lunch - 2 x kiwi fruits, grapes and a muller
Tea - Carvery - turkey, gammon and beef sunday dinner with yorkshire (5 syns), gravy (2 syns), roasties (4 syns) and veggies (peas, onion and carrot) - 11
Supper - chewy delight bar - hexb (if I fancy it after all that!)

Total syns - 23.5 syns

Bit heavy on the syns today as expected but after a low syn day yesterday it's all good. Will do me some good to have a higher calorie intake today anyway, yesterday was around 940 (I always tend to over-estimate) and I've been reading a lot about how a higher cal day now and again gives the metabolism a nice boost. Today cals should roughly be around 1850, that's allowing allowing 1000 for the carvery (again probably an over estimate).

Although I love SW I've found counting calories alongside it really helps too. It's amazing how you can have a high syn day with a tiny number of calories and a low syn day with lots of cals. Although that sounds blatantly obvious when you can eat 'unlimited' pasta if you want to, it just shows why some people have much larger losses on the SW plan compared to others. Having said that SW is great if you're having a really hungry day as you can eat until you're satisfied without the guilt you'd get from other 'diets'. Surprisingly I haven't had a hungry day for a while, I don't know whether that's because I'm so in the zone lately or my body is just getting used to smaller portions. When I got back from hols I felt starving when I got back on plan, it clearly takes time to adjust back to normal after a splurge.

Determined to have a nice on-plan weekend, as Chris is planning on cooking bacon pasta bake it'll probably mainly be EE until Monday, but aiming for red lunches to try and boost my loss next week. I really really really want to get my 2.5 st award next week but after that 5.5lb loss last week I don't know if I'll be able to manage it this week. Only need 2lbs so I'm not asking for wonders but if I get it I'll be over the moon!
:)

I think that's why a lot of people who've been having a stall/very slow but steady weightloss can suddenly lose a whole heap on weeks when they have all their syns. I was having no success with Success Express but realised I was probably on under 800cals a day with most of my food being veggies so my body probably didn't want to give anything up! Quite a few of the success story threads on here mention to keep an eye on calories while you're following plan. My old C got quite stroppy when I mentioned it but I think it's sensible - the basic weight-loss principle is burn more than you gain!

I remember being absolutely starving after Christmas last year. I think it definitely does take a while to get back to normal! After a few weeks though I just felt stuffed immediately so bodies must quickly snap back :).

I know you can shimmy off 2lbs! I never think I'll have a good loss two weeks in a row (particularly if one was a phenomenal loss) but every now and again you get a nice surprise. :D

Lyrically - I hope you're right about that 2lbs, though after a 5.5 last week and 3.5 the week before ANY loss would be great even if it's half a pound.

Completely agree 800 cals is nowhere near enough, not surprised your body was holding onto it. I've just checked out my BMR reading today which shows the number of calories the body needs just to breath and pump blood around the body without any actual activity, and I got a result of 2148 calories! Apparently we're not supposed to eat under our BMR result either, but there's no way I'd lose (or very very slowly) if I ate that amount each day. Plus it's really hard to eat 2148 calories of healthy food a day, I could easily manage it before when I was eating rubbish but that's a hell of a lot of salad, lean meat and vegetables! At least what I'm doing at the minute seems to be working and I'm feeling so much better, so I'll carry on as I am for the time being. I honestly find nutritional advice so contradictory at times.
--

Took the kittens to the vets this morning for worming tablets and a check up. My ginger cat Minty is too fat and needs to lose weight and my black and white one Mischief (from same litter) is underweight! So now we have to feed them separately and really watch their diets, as if meal times weren't stressful enough. I swear, no-one in this house is a normal weight, not even the pets!

Well after the vets we went to the pet shop, Morrisons and back home. I completely forgot to have breakfast before the vets meaning by the time I got my first meal of the day it was 1.30pm and I was feeling starving - not exactly ideal. Having a rest day from the studying today and tackling the final essay with a fresh head tomorrow so spent the rest of the afternoon playing with the kittens and reading Lonely Planet.

Week 15, Day 5 - EE

Lunch
- Morrisons salad bar - beetroot, cucumber, sweetcorn, grated carrot, mixed beans and pulses, coleslaw (3 syns), tuna mayo and sweetcorn (2 syns) - 5 syns
Snack - chewy delight (hexb)
Tea - Bacon pasta bake (5 syns) with cheese (hexa), chopped tomatoes and onion - 5 syns
Supper - Muller, 2 x kiwi fruit

Total - 10 syns

BMI is tosh!
You know Keira Knightly, skinny as f*ck, is actually around a BMI of 18 a lot of the time!? (though wavers to 16.5-17 sometimes) so yeah, if that is considered a healthy weight......

BMI I think is only of interest to doctors and such. Certain medicines/proceedures need a healthy BMI, doesnt mean it is necessarily average! I think size 16 is quite an average size for our nation actually. It is always the size missing on shelves :p ! These days can always find 18s and 14s but never 16s in primarni etc.

Anyway- I think you look great in that old pic! But size wise I mean- I think you've got way more style and vibrance now, the whole photo seems to reflect a dark time to me. If you were starving yourself then clearly your self esteem must have been a wreck! You are wearing dark colours to try and look slimmer, etc... The plainness seems like a way to hide, and I can tell from your eyes that you arent.smiling as genuinely as you do these days in pictures :)
I love your facebook pics- always smiling through your eyes, colourful, creative makeup- I can tell you have come a long way since this picture above in your maturity and happiness! Having a lovely fella (Chris!) must be a great part of it but also, just seeing you follow this plan so well and not falling back into either old, dangerous routines (overeating or undereating!) shows that you have matured a lot!! I think you are much more attractive now, with your big smiles and colour and energy, than back as the plain skinny minnie ;) imagine when you combine the two?! I think size 16 looks fantastic on you! Ignore the BMI.

Think of it like this- we are on SW for the long haul, it is part of the journey to learn how to love it, to adjust the plan to fit our lifestyles and not be limiting... The journynis important for the maintaining stage too, when you no longer have any numbers to drop and could slip back into old patterns... I think the journey is important so that we really adjust to plan, learn what out bodies can take (after a night off of pizza or booze or whatever) so we can find the loopholes to keep things exciting, while not feeling deprived because of the new recipes and such that we are trying. It is so second nature to me now, I will never slip into my old cooking habbits of putting quarter of a tub of butter into my fried onions etc! :p but I have learnt how to make great onions without it too!

You are feeling great already- just think how fantastic you will feel by the next stone off in a couple of months?? The end goal is not the gold at the end of the rainbow, it's just a number. Losing weight is a huge emotional process as well, I didnt realise how much the process would change my life until a few months ago. I have learnt so much about.myself, my body, my emotional relationship to food and my general levels of control.

But honestly- at 16st I felt such a confidence I'd never felt... I bet you didnt feel much of that before when starving yourself, as if you went to such extremes you probably had an unhealthy view of yourself then too? I can tell by your excitement about NSVs already that you will feel so great by spring that it'll ease the impatience a bit ;)

I am going off on so many tangents- sorry :D
But yeah, bmi isnt everything and neither is goal, you dont have to lose ten stone to feel fantastic- you already feel great now, in a couple of months that'll just be more amplified! I remember how antsy and desperate I was for more too though :D it's like- 'crap! This is doable? Why didnt I do this ages ago?! I wish I could fast forward to goal!!' but actually there is so much along the way to keep you on your toes! To keep you excited and learning and improving your inner self ready for the result at the end.

I am a total pear shape too btw. I always wear dresses and havent tried on trousers in a while but I used to have an ass size about 3 sizes bigger than top size. My ass has shunk SO much though, I will try some jeans soon as I recon that I have evened out a bit recently.
I never used to wear jeans but I had some size 24s at one point and would squeeze into some (only a few) size 18 dresses. I did get into some 18 bottoms over the summer though- sort of 3/4 length jeans whih were skin tight but slughtly stretcy (not jeggings though) so think my bottom half has lost more than top half!

Anyway, time to end this looong message :D thanks for the lovely comment about not thinking I look overweight! I dont feel overweight now... I climb on things I used to be scared I would break and even sit on OH's lap sometimes. Screw BMI!

X

Back