From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Loving your motivation xxxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

Wahoo! That's a great NSV! Bet you're feeling so much more confident now eh? You're weight must be falling off your hips, bum and leg areas, which is fab! :)

As for the UTI, I had a phase last year where I got them regularly, it's a horrible feeling eh. I put it down to not drinking enough water haha, I upped my liquid intake and havent had one since (Touch wood!) It defo can't be the pj's though, as MrsGinger said, the pj's would cause thrush more than anything. Thank god for antibiotics, they work instantly.

Have a great week Bevvy, when do you next weigh in? Are you at a normal class now?

MrsGinger - Yeah I think you're probably right about it not being the PJ's, I just can't think what else I've changed over the past month though. Like you and Emma have said I'm going to try drinking more water, but back to cotton PJ's just in case!

Reeeaaallllly wish I'd not been lazy and got the antibiotics today as now I feel so uncomfy I can't sleep, seemed to feel a bit better earlier though so thought I could get away with being forgetful, won't make that mistake again! Hope the rest of your shift went nice and quickly for you, must be great being able to get on mini's between patients!

Em - Bought a huge 5 litre bottle of water today from the shops, cutting out all the decaffeinated diet drinks and aiming to drink more of the dilute pop. Hopefully that'll fix it! Hate UTI's, ugh!

Definitely feeling more confident, just not having that worry of physically fitting in things most people would never even think about has helped me feel loads better! I'm weighing in as normal next week on Tuesdays, are you back to your regular WI too? For the first time in a while I'm actually looking forward to getting on the scales this week, can't remember the last time I managed a 100% on plan week, probably before my holiday at the start of December!

After spending most of the day snuggled up at home doing yet more reading and highlighting, I'm about to get ready and go out for the rest of the day. Picking Chris up from work, Subway for tea and then a movie double bill of All Is Lost and Gravity. Already seen Gravity but as it was my fave film of 2013 I couldn't miss out on the chance to see it for a second time in 3D on the big screen.

Decided to finally make the long overdue move to weekly rather than daily syns from next WI. Makes the plan a lot more manageable for me as I wont be stressing on the days like today where I have 17 or so syns, provided the whole week works out under.

Had a really random but very yummy brunch today of grapes, cheddar (hexa), tomatoes, chewy delight (hexb) and raisins. Sounds a bit odd but I bloody loved it and felt like such a treat, great for snacking on while I was studying too. Plus it was only 2 syns in total for the raisins.

Food for the day then is pretty much looking like this, though i'll edit later if anything changes.

Week 22, Day 4 - Red

Brunch - grapes, tomatoes, cheese (hexa), rasins, chewy delight (hexb)
Tea - Roast chicken sub with salad and cheese (hexa) - 15 syns
Supper - muller, chewy delight (hexb)

Total - 17 syns

Although its 17syns it works out at around only 900 calories for the day! :eek: Don't worry though, will get something else if I feel too hungry.

Have a good one guys! X

Last edited:
Have a great cinema evening!

Yeah that sounds like a good idea using weekly sins. As I calorie count I love the flexibility of using more some days (usually weekends) then levelling it out over the week with some lower calorie days so I guess the principle is the same with weekly syns :)

Happy to report that after a low cal day yesterday full of fruit my bloat has gone and I'm only slightly above my pre Christmas weight (about a lb) so I'm pleased with that and motivated to continue! I hope all my exercising will help too :)

Happy weekend to you CT x

Congrats on the NSV! I remember feeling squished in cinema chairs and seeing the seatbelts on the planes getting dangerously tight. Feels so good to see things loosening eh?!

Dont worry too much about going a few syns over here or there. You know your stuff with calories, you know that it doesnt make a huge difference if you want a desert and you choose a 5 syn choc over a 100 cal muller. You dont abuse syns or free foods so dont worry too much :) besides you always have the odd lower syn day so it adds up fine!
X

Cinema and a subway. Lush date night. Enjoy xxx

Hope you enjoyed your films and Subway! Hope you managed to eat a bit more too, 900cals is REALLY low *tut tut* ;)

Hope the UTI has now disappeared too xx

Mrs Ginger - That's great news that you're almost back to your pre-Christmas weight, it's only the first week of Jan so well done! I really need to get back to exercising again, keep saying I will but then it never crosses my mind 'til the end of the day when it's pitch black. As I'm at home working on my uni course for most of the month there's no excuse for me not getting out for a lunchtime walk or something. Will get this UTI out of the way with and then I've no excuses, except the lovely British weather! :rolleyes:

Brit - Thanks hun, hope you're well! Cinema was a bit of a let down to be honest, loved Gravity but before that we saw All Is Lost which I didn't reckon much to at all! Was nice to have a date night though.

Soph - I remember how scared I was before I went to Lanzarote in October last year, thinking the seat belt wouldn't fasten was keeping me awake the night before we travelled! I'm so glad those days are over once and for all!

You're right with the syns, I have a tendency to get too obsessive with things when I'm in a really motivated phase. A few extra syns here and there won't make a difference, it's just psychological! I think this is why I've been so unsuccessful with diets in the past, I'd just restrict absolutely everything to the point it was bordering on the obsessive. That's pretty much the reason I can't do a calorie counting diet too, I'd be forever trying to 'beat' the previous days calories. :rolleyes:

Babycake - Thanks hun, Subway tasted AMAZINGG, well worth the syns! How are you getting on?

Tigger - Thanks hun, you too! Mine would be a LOT better if this blinkin' UTI had gone, but at least I can stay in and rest up 'til its gone. Hopefully won't get too behind on my coursework, argh!

Jody -
Yep it was definitely too low, I was starving so had another chewy delight before bed! I'll be closer to 1500 today with the huge bowl of pasta I'm having for tea. Afraid the UTI hasn't disappeared yet, can't be long now 'til those antibiotics kick in. Have a good weekend hun!

----

Well got home last night from the pics and I had a voice mail message from the docs asking to ring them back, but not to worry about it. Anyway, didn't get it until late and they are now closed 'til Monday, grr! I expect something is wrong with my urine test. Having said that I only gave it them Thursday morning, surely they can't process it in a day?! Knowing my Dr's its probably more likely they've lost it, so I'm not going to worry. If I was going to die I assume they'd have sent someone over! ;)

I've been feeling super rough today with this UTI, my kidneys felt a bit tender too this morning so I hope the bloody thing isn't spreading. Taken my 3rd antibiotic (out of 6) about half an hour ago so hopefully I'll start seeing an improvement for tomorrow. Haven't really felt up to much today except sleeping but I did manage to do some reading for uni, not sure how much went in, the nervous system is bloody complicated!

Food wise it's been a pretty basic, but tasty EE day. Looking forward to tea, having a bacon pasta dish that I absolutely love. The rest of the day is going to be spent just chilling in front of the telly watching an old episode of Sherlock and reading a bit more of my book (Cuckoo's calling by JK Rowling).

Week 22, Day 5 - EE
Breakfast - Cereal Bar - chewy D (hexb)
Lunch - Feta (hexa) salad with onions, lettuce, olices (2 syns) and tomatoes - 2 syns
Snack - Grapes
Tea - Loyd Grossman smoky bacon sauce (7 syns) with pasta and sprinkle of parmezan cheese (2 syns max) - 9 syns
Supper - muller and a chopped apple
Total - 11 syns

Having a really good week so far food wise. Really want to have a decent loss this week if possible so I can edge a bit closer to the promised land (the 19's!), not sure how the antibiotics will impact things this week though.

Hope your weekend is going better than mine, have a good 'en guys! x

Last edited:
Shame about the movie let down :( Sorry your feeling pants, I can feel your pain (excuse the pun). UTI are little *******. Watch yourself, rest and fluids xxxx

I'm doing great today. Ta for asking. Just finished off a big plate of SW salt and pepper chips with chicken tikka sagg (all syn free) mmmmmm

Trying to convince the kids that they want to walk over the fields in the morning. That don't look too impressed about it!!!

Hi Cheese Thief, I am joining slimming world on Monday. *This.Time.I.Will.Do.It* and all that jazz;) Anyway, came across your diary and you sound nice and positive so I hope you don't mind me stalking you! x

Ahh silly doctors! Hopefully it's all fine and nothing to worry about!

Food today sounds delish! Do you find you get much feta for your hex a? I stocked up on chewy delights today...five boxes seeing as they were only £1 in sainsburys! :) xx

Gingaling - 45g I believe hunny. I get them ready made from Morrisons in little boxes so they might not be 100% accurate with the hexa amount, only around 6/7 little cubes in each one though so I can't see it being too much over, if at all.

I've also been stocking up on the chewy d's, think I have enough to last me to Easter now! :D

Slinky - Hi hun, stalk away. Good luck on Monday! You really can do it if you set your mind to it. I've tried and failed at losing weigh for years but Slimming World really does work.

Rochelle - Thanks for stopping by and for your encouragement! I've never felt as motivated about anything in my life so really hope I can make some amazing progress this year. As you know from your huge losses, it's a long slog but just taking it a day at a time will hopefully get me down the road to target.

Miss Corset - Hi and welcome!

Brit - Don't worry I've done bugger all today, getting lots of rest. Think I might even be glued to the sofa!

Babycake - Your tea sounded gorgeous! I love SW chips but can never be bothered to make them most of the time, they take so long in our oven. I need to invest in one of those actifryers to speed it up a bit!

Hope you enjoy your walk tomorrow and manage to get the kids out too! :)

---------------

Had a very lazy night chilling on the sofa watching Psychopath Night and Sherlock. Chris on the other hand has been quite productive and made up a casserole in the slow cooker for lunch tomorrow, yumyum!

Right I'm off to bed xxx

Hiya Bev,
Hope the antibiotics have kicked in and sent the uti on its merry way :)

How many special k chewy delight can you have as a HE, is it just one? Xx

Back