From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Kay - Hey hun, hope you're having a good day! Yeah I'm super excited about my new job and getting into a new routine. Just hope this weather improves or it'll be pretty miserable walking!

I loved the dating programme last night, put it on series link to record the lot, so thanks for the recommendation! I haven't seen the latest series of biggest loser, but used to watch the earlier ones with Gillian Micheals. I've read some pretty controversial stuff about it though from ex-contestants. Apparently the weeks on the show are anywhere between 10-21 days and the trainers deliberately dehydrate the contestants before the weigh in's! Not sure whether that's true, but if so it doesn't sound healthy at all!

Oh and thanks for the lovely comments, I just can't believe that dress fits again, it's more of a summer dress really but I'm scared by the time it gets to that point it'll be too big, don't want to miss my 'wearing' window, lol!

Mrs Ginger - Thanks hun! Speaking of Valentines day I just found out today that Chris actually got dumped on Valentines day in the past, bless him! He's had the day off work today and I can't help teasing him that 'we need to talk' and 'it's not you it's me', such a meanie! :D We're sending the wedding deposit off tonight so hopefully he doesn't get sick of me and decide to call everything off! ;) Hope you have a lovely day!

Rae - Thanks hunny, have a great day!

Charley - Cheers mi dears! LOL @ earthquake. I was seriously loving that burger and proper forcing it down, lol, felt like I was a contender in man v food, but had to admit defeat!

Ron - Thanks hun, totally know what you mean about the empowerment thing. It's great when you get to the stage it's a 'choice' whether you eat it all, rather than just getting into that autonomous eating everything in front of you zone. Hope the little 'un is feeling better now!

---

Had a lovely day so far! Chris is working tomorrow (he has to do a Saturday morning once in a blue moon) so we've spent the day together today. Had lunch at Subway, saw Her at the cinema (cool film but not quite as good as I was hoping) and did various odd jobs and food shopping. The rest of the evening will be spent snuggled up in front of the telly, after we've sent the deposit off for the wedding of course!! Eek!! :eek:

I'm getting really excited at the moment looking at all the fab classes and things I'll be able to do with my gym/swim membership. I'm quite lucky as it's membership for all the council run leisure places across Sheffield, there's a massive one right next to work with a huge gym and swimming area, a 25m pool down the road from where I live and 5 minutes away another swimming/gym leisure centre, I'll be spoilt for choice! Can see myself turning into a gym junkie at this rate, roll on pay day when I can sign up!

Week 27, Day 4 - EE
Lunch - Roast chicken subway salad with olives and dressing - 4 syns
Snack - Berries and muller, chewy d (hexb)
Tea - Fish (7 syns), SW chips and mushy peas - 7 syns
Snacks - carrot battons, mini babybel (hexa)
Total - 11 syns
Weekly syns - 45
Estimated Calories - 1100

(As I had flexi syn tea yesterday I've just put the whole day down as 15 syns, dunno if that's what you're meant to do or what? I know you don't count the actual syns or it'd be closer to 50 and the whole idea is to have a normal week bar the flexi bit.)

Last edited:
Have a lovely weekend hun xxx

Thanks Charley, you too! Just posted in your diary actually x

---

Well I was FUMING last night! Remember the white choc buttons I found from Aldi? I had them a few days ago and was raving about how long they lasted and how yummy they were! Well I've only just discovered I read the packet wrong! They were only a small bag, so I automatically thought there were a single serving and on the front it said 110 cals, so 5.5 syns! Anyway, I went to stock up on some more yesterday and noticed the 110 cal figure is for slightly less than 1/3rd of a bag!! So unknowingly I've had around 350 cals of white chocolate in one sitting - ARGHHHHH!!!! I even took a pic of the bag on my phone and will post it later, you honestly wouldn't think you're meant to divide it into 3. Damage is done now and I'm over it, but at the time really pissed me off!

Wedding didn't get booked yesterday as we needed to print something off to sign, so Chris brought that home from work today and we're going to sort it all out later. Can't wait to get it booked, but at the same time it sucks that I can't tell people about it. Well, except you guys. Chris really wants it to be kept a surprise until we're married(apart from parents and best friends) so no-one really even knows we're engaged! Now I was cool with that at first, but now I'm realising that I've got another 1.5 years to keep this massive secret when really I just want to tell the whole world. I want to talk about wedding dresses and things, I want to change my relationship status to engaged, I never even realised I wanted this stuff before, but I do and it's completely at odds with what Chris wants! :rolleyes:

i saw the buttons yesterday and picked some up cos i was making cheesecake so needed them for that...i did wonder if it was those you'd had and meant to post to ask...but then wasn't sure if they did a multi pack and you'd had a wee mini pack?

grrr...so annoying :( x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i saw the buttons yesterday and picked some up cos i was making cheesecake so needed them for that...i did wonder if it was those you'd had and meant to post to ask...but then wasn't sure if they did a multi pack and you'd had a wee mini pack?

grrr...so annoying :( x

These were the ones hun. They are yummy though so hope you enjoy your cheesecake. Next time I'll be dividing them into three!

ForumRunner_20140215_161519.png

Yep...that's what I got, well, 2 bags...melted them and mixed them into soft cheese for the topping.
Made white choc and raspberry and Nutella (love heart shaped) cheesecakes for my OH...he loved them :)

They're nice tho but for a white choc fix, I get the wee mini milky bars which are 3.5 syns each...and I savour every nibble ;) (not sure I could be trusted with all those loose buttons...some extras would no doubt fall into my mouth lol)x

Thanks for the tip, where do you get the mini milky bar from? You might be right with those buttons, mentally once a bag is opened my mind still thinks its GAME ON! LOL!

Your choccy cheesecake sounds amazing! :) Glad he liked it x

Thanks for the tip, where do you get the mini milky bar from? You might be right with those buttons, mentally once a bag is opened my mind still thinks its GAME ON! LOL! Your choccy cheesecake sounds amazing! :) Glad he liked it x

Initially I got them in a wee selection box but found a 6 pack in home bargains...I'm sure they'll sell them in the supermarkets too tho xx

Week 27, Day 5 - EE
Lunch - Feta (hexa) salad with olives - 2 syns
Snack - Carrot battons dipped in philly - 4 syns
Tea - Chicken casserole - 3 syns
Total - 9 syns
Weekly - 54/105

Week 27, Day 6 - EE
Lunch - Tuna mayo sweetcorn jacket potato with cheese (hexa) and tomatoes
Snack - Carrot battons dipped in philly (4 syns)
Tea - City kitchen thai curry - 7 syns
Supper - mixed berries with yoghurt
Total - 11 syns
Syns - 65/105
Estimated cals - 1300

Last edited:
How annoying about those buttons. They are very sneaky (by they I mean all good retailers) about nutritional information on the front of the packets of things. Like Miss K, I couldn't be trusted with only having a third of 70g. - I mean what the f is that anyway, what 5 or 6 buttons?!

Ooh you know what would be good, freezing them - the sucking process would last a great deal long ?.

Shame about the wedding thing and keeping it a big day secret for 18 months. I would want to shout it from the roof tops!!!

Can't you convince Chris to change his mind? Why the big secret anyway hun? Do you only want a small wedding and worry that more people will expect an invite if they found out? Mick and I only want a small wedding (that's if he gets off his ass and asks me the lazy swine that he is - yes, I am still a little upset with him?!?), ideally we would like it to just be us two, but my family would be devastated.

X

Ps. Where are your HEBs? I noticed for yest and today you haven't got them in your plan xxx

The milky bar buttons I've got are 4.5 syns and lovely, I got them in a big bag from tesco ages ago still got 2 bags in my syn tin. It's so easy to get confused with labels though! Like on those big bags of twirl bites, cream egg splats, bits of wispa, why can't they just print caloris per piece? Rather than calories per 1/8 of a bag or whatever? No wonder people don't bother and just eat the lot! Hope the buttons havnt done any damage x

Week 27, Day 6 - EE
Lunch - Tuna mayo sweetcorn jacket potato with cheese (hexa) and tomatoes
Snack - Carrot battons dipped in philly (4 syns)
Tea - City kitchen thai curry - 7 syns
Total - 11 syns
Estimated cals - 1200

Hi Bev :), hope your enjoying your Sunday. Foodage looks really good for yesterday. Loving the sound of the Thai Curry, yum totally worth the syns. Good luck with work tomorrow. I hope you have a fab day. I've got mixed feelings about Tuesday, my TOTM fairy hasn't visited me, it should be anyday now, so maybe that's why my tummy is proper bloated. Knowing my luck she will visit of Tuesday morning :rolleyes: . I can't remember, but did you mention your weigh will be on Saturdays from now on ?

Kay xx

Woohooooo!!! Wedding is all booked! :D Feeling over the moon now, seems like we've been talking about it forever and at last something is actually happening!

Had a good talk to Chris about the wedding secrecy stuff and how I'm feeling. The main reason is he doesn't want everyone questioning us about why we're doing it abroad (his extended family mainly who don't sound like the nicest bunch) and having to talk about it with people at work constantly. I used to work with him so I know what his colleagues are like, he'd seriously have no let up with wedding talk 'til the big day! Of course that wouldn't be a problem for most people, but he just wants to look forward to the big day without it being brought up all the time. I kinda know what he means, I think over talking some things can take the magic and excitement out of them, so I respect the way he feels about it. He feels like the wedding is something private and personal and shouldn't be blasted all over facebook, just kept between us. And again, I know what he means, it's our big day and the world can just find out later. So feel a lot better about things now. At least I'm learning compromise before married life! He doesn't want me to feel down about things so he's cool with me telling my closest friends. So yeah, the talk has helped and I feel a bit happier about it all now!

Start my new job tomorrow so been preparing today by dying my hair, ironing clothes, buying my lunch and packing my bag all ready for the morning. I'm kinda nervous but at the same time I'm looking forward to it! Should be a nice productive day tomorrow:
Work 9.30-2.30
Library 3-5
Swim 7-8

Charley - Yeah the main thing is the size of the wedding, we literally just want us and our parents. Chris has a huge extended family and one side really don't get on well with the other, and I only have my Mum and Dad - no cousins, no uncles, no aunties - so it works well for both of us.

Good point about the hexbs, I usually have them for breakfast but haven't been getting up 'till late these last few days. Will have a chewy D later so I don't miss out, or the poo fairy will be most unhappy! :p

Good idea about freezing the buttons, will give it a try next time I have them, that incident kinda put me off though, grr! lol x

Kay - Aww good luck for WI! Seems so weird that I won't be weighing in on Tue any more! At least with * week looming you won't be too dissapointed hopefully if you don't get the result you're after. For me for the next 6 weeks while I'm training at my new job WI will be Saturday mornings, then once I go on my regular shifts (9-1 Tue - Sat) I'll be moving to a Monday WI. What a lot of faffing around! I could just switch to permanent evening weigh in but don't like the idea of it!

Rochelle - That tin sounds like a good idea, think I'm going to research lots of low syn treats online and make something similar. Its so easy to miss something reading the labels in the shops! Hopefully the buttons won't have done too much damage, I've only had an extra 300 cals so over the week it'll probably balance out... I hope! ;) At least WI isn't until Saturday and I've got lots of swimming planned to burn 'em off!

Congrats on getting the wedding booked! And glad you talked things over with Chris. I get where he's coming from with everyone always asking... with us it was constant and then the minute we were married (like literally walking into the reception!!) people starting asking when we were having babies (they still keep asking to this day grrr). Some things should just be private. But it's also good that you are gonna tell your closest friends so you've got support for when your stressing out or even just another opinion on options to go for.

Good luck for your first day at the new job :) xx

Congrats on the wedding being booked and best of luck in your new job so many great things happening fr you lately and well deserved for the effort you put in to not only your journey but helping others on there journeys

Back