From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Omg Charley, Ive been walking alongon way home from work n just walked into a post while reading your reply, omg how embarrassing!! Will reply properly tonight but omg, the hidden dangers of minis!!

Ouch ! Hope that didn't hurt too much Bev :D . How is your day going so far hun ? :) Hope work is going really well for you. You seem to be settling into your new routine well. I think it will have positive effects on your metabolism this week. Having to get up early and eat earlier is great for fat burning. It's also a good idea to have your heavier meals in the early part of the day. I know with the added exercise your appetite will increase also but you will be burning it off too and some more, with your walking and swimming. Looking forward to seeing todays eats, will pop by later ! Hope you've had another smashing day on plan hun ! :p

Kay xx

Charley - Haha, I'm not sure if anyone saw, it was in the city centre of Sheffield though so I imagine so! I just kinda scuttled off in embarrassment, LOL!

Thanks for the fab food ideas. I've managed quite well with a rough daily plan until now, but with the new job it's kinda skewed things a little. Luckily there's a fridge at work so I can store things. When my usual 9-1 shift kicks in it'll be a lot easier as I can eat lunch at home. Just need to get organised and plan things in advance!

Kay - Nar nothing was hurt except my pride, what a plonker! Hope you've had a good day hun? Today was kinda high syn due to the fact the only remotely healthy snack at my friends were those special K crisps thingys. At least the calories weren't too bad though! Going to get a couple of red days in now until WI, so planned my meals all out for the next couple of days.
----
Had a good day today, lovely afternoon and evening with my friend. Tea was a very slimming world friendly pasta, but we didn't eat till late so I missed out on swimming. Can't be helped though, I've still been twice in the last week.

As I just mentioned to Kay its gonna be red days from now till WI, need to do all I can to stop the carb bloats! :p

Week 28, Day 2 - EE
Breakfast - Oat so simple with chopped banana - 6.5 syns
Lunch - Wm roll (hexb) with chicken, lettuce, tomato and coleslaw - 1 syn
Snack - 160 cal crisps - 8 syns :rolleyes: (I was starving and at my friends so no superfree!)
Tea - Pasta and tomato, basil, onion and cheese (hexa) (half a plateful)
Supper - Apple
Total - 15.5 syns
Weekly syns - 27.5/105
Estimated cals - 1300

Hey Bev, sounds like you had a smashing day and all on plan :). Think the red days are ideal in the build up to Saturday. I think even without the swimming, with just the walking alone your doing brill :p. Hope you have another fab day tomorrow hun and watch out for those posts :D !

Kay xx

WTF, * week is here!! Not due for another week!

Should hopefully be OK for WI still as I tend to bloat up like a balloon on the day before/first day n then it all goes down, but yeah wasn't expecting that this morning! Maybe its a good sign that the usual post * week loss is hopefully just around the corner!

Oh 9-1 is a perfect time to work, I wished those were my hours - I wonder if I can stay on the same money to work part time - note to self: draft a memo to HR when I get into work!!

You could have a healthy fry up before you start which will see you thru, with the help of a little fruit, til you get home - yum!

Oh Bev, that did make me chuckle!! Sorry but it did sound funny. I've done that too in the past, I think everyone has at some point!

I'd love to work 9 - 1. I currently work 1 - 5:30 which is okay but when my little girl starts school in September I need to be in a job where I can pick her up at 3:15 so I'll need to start looking soon. Really don't want to leave my job, I've worked here for so long that most people are more like friends than colleagues and they're really understanding if I ever need time off at short notice for any reason, but there's no-one else that can collect my daughter from school.:cry: Still, must think positive, sure there is a solution out there somewhere. :hmm:

Oh Bev, that did make me chuckle!! Sorry but it did sound funny. I've done that too in the past, I think everyone has at some point!

I'd love to work 9 - 1. I currently work 1 - 5:30 which is okay but when my little girl starts school in September I need to be in a job where I can pick her up at 3:15 so I'll need to start looking soon. Really don't want to leave my job, I've worked here for so long that most people are more like friends than colleagues and they're really understanding if I ever need time off at short notice for any reason, but there's no-one else that can collect my daughter from school.:cry: Still, must think positive, sure there is a solution out there somewhere. :hmm:

Thats sad, have you spoken to your current employers about the possibility of changing your hours?

Hey Charley. Thanks for the suggestion but I do a job share so it's not really possible to change my hours - the only way I could do it would be if the lady who works the early shift wanted to swap, which she doesn't. Quite rightly, doing mornings is much better cuz it gets work outta the way!! I will keep asking her tho, just in case! ;-) xx

Charley - Yeah it's a great shift, even the 9.30-2.30 training shift feels pretty short so I'm sure it'll fly by when I get on 9-1, hopefully. I couldn't do full time in a call centre again or it'd drive me crazy and it fits in pretty nicely with studies, so it's all good!

Ron - What a pity about your hours, sucks you're not allowed to change them. Its so hard finding part time shifts, most of the jobs I looked at were in the evenings working 6-10 or something, not exactly the time you want to work really. I was so lucky to get the 9-1 shift!

Kay - I'm not bad thanks hun, how are you? Been having crappy period pains all day so taking tablets and had an afternoon nap when I got in, which turned into a 5 hours. Oops, hope I can still sleep tonight!

----

Feeling pretty crappy at the moment with * week pains. Unlike most people who seem to inhale food during this time I find it difficult to eat anything. Haven't felt hungry at all and really had to force stuff down me. So a very light red day today:

Week 28, Day 3 - Red
Breakfast - Chewy D - hexb
Lunch - Banana
Tea - Tuna mayo (3 syns) jacket potato (hexb) with cheese (hexa) and side salad
Snack - Grapes
Total - 3 syns
Weekly syns - 30.5/105
Estimated cals - 850

Wow Bev your doing fab, only 3 syns, that's great ! I'm pretty hungry this week, soup routine did not happen :eek:, TOTM fairy came instead and she's made me very hungry and I've got major sweet cravings whoops ! Only 1 day left now... do u have a figure in your mind that your hoping for on Saturday ?

Kay xx

I guess I'm quite lucky with TOTM in terms of food, I honestly feel so rough I could quite happily have nothing. The few days before I'm extra peckish though.

I'd love to get my next award so need 2.5lbs for that. Really hope it'll happen. Don't think its unreasonable with a 10 day gap between wi's but we'll see. Bet im nervous by this time tomorrow again! Xx

My apetite really wavers from starving to 'meh' around *week. Usually syarving though! Def dont force food in yourself, would do wonders for your losses to have a super low day (dare I say it, fast like!)

Get some mullers and cooked meat in the fridge at work to nosh on! Also hard boiled eggs really help pad out a salad if you like them, makes it more filling. If you have a microwave at work I've heard wonders about these frozen jacket spuds that take a few mins in the mic, could take one of those in! Couscous sachets last for ever and just need a kettle to cook too... Or there are instant porridge pots you can use as a hexB which just require hot water and can be really filling (great if you chop a banana in!) def save hex's for work if I were you, convenience food.
As for when you are back from work- fruit is always a good quick option or rustle up a quick ommlette? :) I'm not a fan of ommlettes but cheesy scrambled eggs I luuurve. X

Mmmm...cheesy scrambled eggs sound amazing right now actually! Will have to get them in over the weekend.

Feeling soo tired this morning, despite 5 hour afternoon nap yesterday and another 6 hours sleep at night. I really could sleep for England on * week! At least I can get a little nap in this afternoon before going out with Chris for a parentals visit. I must sound like an old women, but * week really takes it out of me. Usually by the 3rd day the achy/tiredness starts to go away, so i'll be able to have a study day hopefully tomorrow after the dreaded WI.

I think today will end up being another seriously low cal one, but will just listen to my body. Still not feeling hungry at the minute but will take some breakfast to work.

Have a lovely day guys! Xxx

Aww Bev I know how you feel. Every time with me I get a cold or constant headache they really knock me for six. I take two kinds of meds with mine because they don't happen every month but when they do they make a song and dance about being here :( Hope you feel beter soon and the *fairy goes away. Good luck with WI tomorrow xx

Hi Honey... sorry the TOTM Fairy has called with out an appointment.... hope she soon bogs off and takes some weight with her xx

Hey Charley. Thanks for the suggestion but I do a job share so it's not really possible to change my hours - the only way I could do it would be if the lady who works the early shift wanted to swap, which she doesn't. Quite rightly, doing mornings is much better cuz it gets work outta the way!! I will keep asking her tho, just in case! ;-) xx

What about if you could do a week and then swop over for a week. Makes it fair all round?

Evening Bev, wanted to wish you the best of luck for tomorrow hun, hope you come back with a smashing result :) !

Kay xx

Thanks guys, nerves are starting to set in now! If I don't get a decent loss tomorrow I'm warning you all that my dummy might be thrown out! :p

Had quite a challenging night sitting with Chris and his parents eating chippy tea while I tucked into a salad. The salad was yummy though, but I didn't even risk pinching a chip with WI looming in the morning. Feeling quite pleased with myself now though, even if it did kill me at the time. I think fish and chips always smells much better than it tastes!

Week 28, Day 4 - Red
Breakfast - Mixed berries and muller
Lunch - Banana and chewy d (hexb)
Snack - 1 sweet ( 1 syn), 2 x mini babybel (hexa)
Tea - Roast chicken Subway salad with dressing and olives - 4 syns
Total - 5 syns
Weekly syns - 35.5/105
Estimated Cals - 760

So yeah, quite a low cal/low syn day. Don't worry though I'll be eating a bit more tomorrow. Treat night is on and I'll be enjoying a scrummy and synful pizza - gotta love weekly syns!

Feeling really hopeful about tomorrow, but kinda wishing WI was a day later just for the * week bloat to clear up properly. I really need to see a decent loss on those scales. I've tried so hard with all the walking, swimming and healthy diet. If I don't lose I really don't know what more I can do, which makes me feel kinda nervous! WI is at 9am so I'll post my results soon as I get home!

Back